PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only person...?

VWkid06
04-27-2009, 04:02 PM
who thinks there will be a revolt come the next election?

I have seen a lot of people saying they are already fed up with this administration and we're only three months in. does anyone else think that in 2010 there is going to be a large number of people (especially dems but republicans too) who get kicked to the curb?

i sure as hell hope so.

marinejcksn
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM

I have seen a lot of people saying they are already fed up with this administration and we're only three months in. does anyone else think that in 2010 there is going to be a large number of people (especially dems but republicans too) who get kicked to the curb?

i sure as hell hope so.

Here's hoping Bill Russell can put 'Jumpin' Jack Murtha out on the curb for trash pickup in Pennsylvania's 12th district. :D

hazlnut
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM

Depends on what you mean by revolt.

Republicans have a lot of ground to make up in the midterms. There are 34 senate seats up for grabs--19 republicans, including Specter and Bond who will most likely see primary challenges first, and McCain who may be up against a strong Libertarian candidate.

Here's a good poli sci quesion--how many voting house seats will be up for grabs in 2010?

Bongo55
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Do you all think that this is the precise reasons why the one is trying so hard to ramrod his agenda thru? He probably knows he only has two years to screw us.

Milly
04-27-2009, 09:34 PM
I certainly hope so, if only as a repudiation of what Obama has achieved by then.

What concerns me is that the people who will replace them will be more of the same old, same old. I don't trust anybody anymore.

Rockntractor
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
The revolt needs to be sooner then 2010. By then we will have national healthcare, cap & trade,gun registration,the sea treaty that gives the UN jurisdiction of international waters,nationalized banks & insurance companies. And thats being conservative if we wait till 2010 there may be more.

djones520
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd expect an upset in 2010 for the Dems. As was pointed out in another thread posted by Odysseus, the Obamassiah won't be charging the voting masses like he did in 08. But you will have a lot of angry Republicans and right minded Independants out there doing what they can to stop the listing to the port that we've been under.

I don't know if we'll regain both sides of Congress, but I'd definitely put money down on gaining control of at least one of them.

noonwitch
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
The revolt needs to be sooner then 2010. By then we will have national healthcare, cap & trade,gun registration,the sea treaty that gives the UN jurisdiction of international waters,nationalized banks & insurance companies. And thats being conservative if we wait till 2010 there may be more.

Government being what it is, I doubt that they will be able to get all of this through congress in less than two years.

ReaganForRus
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
I expect the country to be Democratic in both the House and the Senate after the 2010 off year elections for two reasons:

People vote pocket book issues...........with the bulk of the US population wanting a "nanny" state, they will vote for the candidate that will "give" them the most goodies.

ACORN..........we are seeing Chicago politics played out on a national scale. As a result, unprecedented numbers of "community organizers" are being trained by the DNC in Chicago to get the vote out for the Democratic ticket on EVERY level of government. From dogcatcher up.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people.