PDA

View Full Version : Considering the SERIOUS problems this country has....

linda22003
04-28-2009, 09:58 AM
why the hell is Congress spending time on this stupid sports thing?

Fairness of Bowl Championships
House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection
Subcommittee Hearing

Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection Subcommittee (Chairman Rush, D-Ill.) of House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing titled "The Bowl Championship Series: Money and Other Issues of Fairness for Publicly Financed Universities."

FlaGator
04-28-2009, 10:01 AM

House Energy and Commerce — Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection
Subcommittee Hearing

Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection Subcommittee (Chairman Rush, D-Ill.) of House Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing titled "The Bowl Championship Series: Money and Other Issues of Fairness for Publicly Financed Universities."

Because it is a problem that they can do something about without (hopefully) making the economy even worse than it is. :D

Obviously Obama's bowling scores are a serious national problem when compared to the bowling scores of retarded world leaders.

linda22003
04-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Some congressman must have had to pay out big on the spread he couldn't cover. :rolleyes:

hazlnut
04-29-2009, 06:19 PM

House Energy and Commerce — Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection
Subcommittee Hearing

I wish I could say that I'm not for this and it's a total waste of time... But...

The fact that USC would have easily trounced a number of so-called BCS champs...

Florida, LSU... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Let the boys play!!", screamed the mother to the ref at a Pop Warner game.

Seriously, this is good thing. We need this. If you don't follow college football you wouldn't understand. I understand why some from say... Oklahoma or Ohio or Michigan might be against this--for reasons they won't admit. But right is right. This should be priority 1--screw the budget. Get it done, congress. Fight on!

Jfor
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Hazlnut... that was a funny post LOL...

I am a huge college football fan. I would love to see an 8 or 16 team tournament. There are problems with the BCS system but not serious enough problems that it requires Congress to get involved.

No way could USC have beaten Florida this year or LSU the year before. USC is the most overrated football program in the country. The only reason they rank so high is because of the conference they are. Let them play a season in the Big 12 South and see where they end up. Not even gonna say let let them play a full season in the SEC because they wouldn't make a bowl game playing in the SEC.

CorwinK
04-29-2009, 07:09 PM
I can agree with Linda, with everything going on, why is congress focusing on something of such trivial importance? Dont get me wrong, I enjoy college football as much as anyone...dont follow it like most people I know but I do enjoy the game.

Heres my idea lol, the O is seasing control of as many things as he can get his hands on, why not grab something that the people really pay attention to?? would be one hell of a ploy imo lol.

Space Gravy
04-29-2009, 07:15 PM

House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Commerce, Trade and Consumer Protection
Subcommittee Hearing

Because this is about money. Lots of money.

hazlnut
04-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Hazlnut... that was a funny post LOL...

I am a huge college football fan. I would love to see an 8 or 16 team tournament. There are problems with the BCS system but not serious enough problems that it requires Congress to get involved.

No way could USC have beaten Florida this year or LSU the year before. USC is the most overrated football program in the country. The only reason they rank so high is because of the conference they are. Let them play a season in the Big 12 South and see where they end up. Not even gonna say let let them play a full season in the SEC because they wouldn't make a bowl game playing in the SEC.

Florida would have been a great game. Like the 2006 Rose Bowl. LSU would have gotten spanked.

I am very familiar with SECs opinion of USC--that is all the more reason I am going to call my congressman right now and demand that we get moving on this.

Hopefully, in the coming years, SEC teams will get to find out what kind of team USC is.

Like the Big 10 teams who come out to Pasadena every year, full of hope and dreams, so optimistic... but in the end--it's the long tearful flight home. My wife went to U of Illinois and then USC for grad school. She took my son to the Rose Bowl two years ago, met up with some Illini friends before the game. She said they were so excited to be there, she didn't have the heart to tell them what was about to happen to their team. It was even hard for me to watch at home.

My friend, it is easy to call a team 'overrated' when you have little chance of actually having to play them. Hopefully, the South will rise to occasion...;):p;)

Jfor
04-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Would love to see an Alabama/LSU/Florida vs USC game. Unfortunately, with the way the current bowl games work, I highly doubt we will ever see that game happen during the regular season.

hazlnut
04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Would love to see an Alabama/LSU/Florida vs USC game. Unfortunately, with the way the current bowl games work, I highly doubt we will ever see that game happen during the regular season.

Not so fast. I just got off the phone with my senator! We're in business, baby!

Dream Bowl 2009!!

ReaganForRus
04-29-2009, 11:23 PM
er,..........how many USC Trojans were drafted in the recent NFL draft?.......11

Coming from Texas, The SEC is the top conference, no argument there. USC has the best college football program period. Apologies to LSU and Florida, but USC in a neutral site would have killed either school.

USC lost a National Championship to Texas because of Vince Young, not Mack Brown

There are five top programs nationally........Florida, LSU, Alabama, Texas and USC

Ohio State and Michigan are pretenders

Notre Dame is a mere shell of their former greatness.

Oklahoma sucks

(There, I've done enough pot stirring:D)

P.S. The PAC 10 was 5-0 in the bowl season