PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Fearless Leader...

SarasotaRepub
04-29-2009, 02:44 PM
:rolleyes:

The Prez's Chopper and two Chinooks just went flying by my building.

Yay!!! :D

He was throwing money out the window...

ralph wiggum
04-29-2009, 03:00 PM
:rolleyes:

The Prez's Chopper and two Chinooks just went flying by my building.

Yay!!! :D

He was throwing money out the window...

Was he throwing ponies out the window too? :D

FlaGator
04-29-2009, 04:22 PM

Nope, just turkeys... Oh the humanity - Les Nesman.

SaintLouieWoman
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I was missed my water aerobics class this morning. I thought there was a huge wreck. Nooo, they had closed the main highway system for the annointed one. :mad:

Wish he'd go away and use some other city for his photo op, hate having him here.

ralph wiggum
04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Nope, just turkeys... Oh the humanity - Les Nesman.

"They're hitting the ground like bags of wet cement!" - Les Nessman

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

ralph wiggum
04-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I was missed my water aerobics class this morning. I thought there was a huge wreck. Nooo, they had closed the main highway system for the annointed one. :mad:

Wish he'd go away and use some other city for his photo op, hate having him here.

It is a completely bi-partisan thing to complain about. Presidents Clinton and George W. Bush certainly clogged up the Kennedy expressway and sometimes Lake Shore Drive during inopportune times. I didn't care who it was, if they shut down on-ramps for hours at a time, I was bitching.

SaintLouieWoman
04-29-2009, 04:48 PM
It is a completely bi-partisan thing to complain about. Presidents Clinton and George W. Bush certainly clogged up the Kennedy expressway and sometimes Lake Shore Drive during inopportune times. I didn't care who it was, if they shut down on-ramps for hours at a time, I was bitching.

Clinton was a really bad offender here. Bush was very considerate and there actually was minimum disruption. Bush is just that kind of a good guy.

ralph wiggum
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Clinton was a really bad offender here. Bush was very considerate and there actually was minimum disruption. Bush is just that kind of a good guy.

Clinton never seemed to be on time, which has been widely reported over the years and made matters worse. They were both equal opportunity offenders in my eyes, though. They always talked about supporting the "middle class", yet we'd get completely stuck in mid-day traffic when they would come to visit.

linda22003
04-29-2009, 05:06 PM

It has nothing to do with what the President wants, it has to do with what the Secret Service requires. I live near a community college in Virginia, and I didn't think of Bush as "very considerate" when six exits' worth of the Beltway was completely closed in both directions - during rush hour - because he was at that college, a mile inside the Beltway. But I knew he didn't choose it; it's just what they've decided they have to do.

SaintLouieWoman
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
It has nothing to do with what the President wants, it has to do with what the Secret Service requires. I live near a community college in Virginia, and I didn't think of Bush as "very considerate" when six exits' worth of the Beltway was completely closed in both directions - during rush hour - because he was at that college, a mile inside the Beltway. But I knew he didn't choose it; it's just what they've decided they have to do.

Good point. I guess we were just lucky here. Clinton was the worst, but could be that I just plain didn't like Clinton and it seemed more aggravating. :D

Rockntractor
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Good point. I guess we were just lucky here. Clinton was the worst, but could be that I just plain didn't like Clinton and it seemed more aggravating. :D
I never thought I would say this but I really miss slick willy right now.

SarasotaRepub
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM

LOL Ralph. I didn't see any but ya never know.:D