PDA

View Full Version : Sweden has the highest incidence of reported rapes in Europe

megimoo
04-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Sweden tops European rape league

Sweden has the highest incidence of reported rapes in Europe - twice as many as "runner up" the UK, a new study shows. Researchers behind the EU study, which will be presented on Tuesday, conclude that rape appears to be a more common occurrence in Sweden than in continental European countries. In Sweden, 46 incidents of rape are reported per 100,000 residents. This figure is double as many as in the UK which reports 23 cases, and four times that of the other Nordic countries, Germany and France. The figure is up to 20 times the figure for certain countries...

http://www.thelocal.se/19102/20090427/
Swedish rapists ‘enjoy impunity’: Amnesty International

Sweden needs to do much more to clamp down on rapists, according to reports from Amnesty International and the United Nations. Jennifer Heape examines the disparity between the country's high incidence of rape and its low conviction rate.

Sweden's image as an international forerunner in the fight for gender equality has been damaged by recent reports comparing rape statistics across various countries.

A recent study commissioned by the European Union (EU) found that Sweden has the highest incidence of reported rapes in Europe.

And an Amnesty International report on rape in the Nordic Countries took Sweden to task last autumn for what the human rights organization saw as an abysmally low conviction rate for rape cases.

Released in September 2008, the Amnesty report - Case Closed - examines issues surrounding rape and human rights in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.

Despite Sweden's considerable emphasis on women's rights, currently ranking an impressive 3rd place in the UN global gender-related development index, instances of reported violence against women are showing no signs of abating.

In fact, statistics published by the National Council of Crime Prevention (BRÅ) show that the number of sexual offences reported from January to August 2008 saw a 9 percent increase compared to the same period in 2007.

Amnesty's most damning criticism of Sweden relates to the considerable disparity between the number of rapes reported and the conviction rate.

Case Closed highlights the damning evidence that, despite the number of rapes reported to the police quadrupling over the past 20 years, the percentage of reported rapes ending in conviction is markedly lower today than it was in 1965.

Sweden’s profile in terms of violence against women has also attracted concern from the United Nations.

As UN rapporteur Yakin Ertürk comments in a special report released in February 2007, there is a notable discrepancy “between the apparent progress in achieving gender equality and the reports of continued violence against women in the country.”
SNIP
http://www.thelocal.se/19124/20090428/

Gingersnap
04-29-2009, 10:01 PM
I have a boatload of relatives in Sweden. I lived there. Does anybody want to know the ugly secret behind the Swedish rape stats? Anybody? ;)

wilbur
04-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I have a boatload of relatives in Sweden. I lived there. Does anybody want to know the ugly secret behind the Swedish rape stats? Anybody? ;)

Two words...

Islam

and

Immigration

megimoo
04-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I have a boatload of relatives in Sweden. I lived there. Does anybody want to know the ugly secret behind the Swedish rape stats? Anybody? ;)ISLAM and Booze,Booze party all night pass out and get raped !!!!

Gingersnap
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Pretty much. Although it's Asylum-Seekers rather than American style immigration.

Swedish women don't share the American regret/rape mindset. That is to say, Swedes don't get blind drunk, have random sex, and feel the need to exonerate themselves later. They just get blind drunk and have sex.

The uptick in rape stats has to do with Muslim immigrants who target ethnic Swedish women. I say "Muslim" because they are pretty open about it on Swedish language boards. They believe that they are part of a jihad against liberal Western sexual values. They see these women as both infidels and whores (due to presumed lifestyle) and so raping them is not prohibited in a time of war.

Typically, a group of boys and men attack one woman with multiple rapes.

Victims have a great deal of difficulty identifying the men because they are often hooded and masked, plus the victims are generally not a part of the neighborhood "scene". Swedes talk a lot about diversity but they generally don't actually practice it in real life. The women are simply passing though an area, they aren't residents.

wilbur
04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Pretty much. Although it's Asylum-Seekers rather than American style immigration.

Swedish women don't share the American regret/rape mindset. That is to say, Swedes don't get blind drunk, have random sex, and feel the need to exonerate themselves later. They just get blind drunk and have sex.

The uptick in rape stats has to do with Muslim immigrants who target ethnic Swedish women. I say "Muslim" because they are pretty open about it on Swedish language boards. They believe that they are part of a jihad against liberal Western sexual values. They see these women as both infidels and whores (due to presumed lifestyle) and so raping them is not prohibited in a time of war.

Victims have a great deal of difficulty identifying the men because they are often hooded and masked, plus the victims are generally not a part of the neighborhood "scene". Swedes talk a lot about diversity but they generally don't actually practice it in real life. The women are simply passing though an area, they aren't residents.

They probably get what they deserved.... after all, I'm sure those girls arent donning full body burkas when they leave the house... what do they expect?

Actually I amend my answer. I'm sure this can all be blamed on gay marriage.

megimoo
04-29-2009, 11:26 PM
They probably get what they deserved.... after all, I'm sure those girls arent donning full body burkas when they leave the house... what do they expect?

Actually I amend my answer. I'm sure this can all be blamed on gay marriage.
Could be ! Here let me try and put it together .

Islam is actually a cover for a conquest of the world by the secret International Homo/Queer high command based in Sweden .Their members are restless and so they try the next best .Woman are allright but there's nothing like the real thing !They grow weary of Sheep and Goat Bestiality in Arabia the camels smell very bad and spit. Most of their Gay Arab brothers are very ugly and giggle a lot .America on the other hand is the great land of opportunity with golden blond Adonises looking young pseudo men with wall to wall Gay/Queer/Homosexuality demanding acceptance and equality and they are even going to be able to marry .......Allah Akbar !

Odysseus
04-29-2009, 11:43 PM

This is the same trend that we're seeing in other countries with high rates of Muslim immigration. Remember the Australian rapists a couple of years ago? And, let me guess, the Swedish government doesn't want to seem insensitive, hence the low rate of prosecutions and lack of deportations, right?

megimoo
04-30-2009, 12:05 AM
This is the same trend that we're seeing in other countries with high rates of Muslim immigration. Remember the Australian rapists a couple of years ago? And, let me guess, the Swedish government doesn't want to seem insensitive, hence the low rate of prosecutions and lack of deportations, right?
What's a few brutalized raped bimbo woman compared to being tolerant and ooooh, sooooo politically correct ?

noonwitch
04-30-2009, 08:46 AM
I recently read a mystery novel, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, that cites some of these statistics. It's a good novel, with a very interesting female title character. She gets awesome revenge on a guardian who assaulted her.

Water Closet
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM

It seems to me that this answer is a bit too simplistic. It certainly may identify one of the root causes, but there have to be other contributing factors. The article notes...

This figure is double as many as in the UK which reports 23 cases, and four times that of the other Nordic countries, Germany and France.

I haven't looked up the stats, but I have to believe that France has a far higher percentage of Islamic immigrants than does Sweden.

Odysseus
04-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I recently read a mystery novel, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, that cites some of these statistics. It's a good novel, with a very interesting female title character. She gets awesome revenge on a guardian who assaulted her.
Sounds like a good read. Tom Kratman's book, Caliphate (http://www.amazon.com/Caliphate-Tom-Kratman/dp/1416555455/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241101434&sr=8-1), is a novel of a future war between an Islamic Europe and an Imperial United States 100 years from now. The great thing about his books are the interludes, which precede each chapter. In this case, he follows the life of a young German woman and her daughter as Europe changes around them. He goes into the rape stats in Europe and how they end up applying to this girl. It's harrowing stuff, and Kratman pulls no punches.

It seems to me that this answer is a bit too simplistic. It certainly may identify one of the root causes, but there have to be other contributing factors. The article notes...

I haven't looked up the stats, but I have to believe that France has a far higher percentage of Islamic immigrants than does Sweden.

It's comparable, but Sweden has worked harder to assimilate its Muslims, so rather than being confined to balieus (suburban ghettos), they are concentrated in the major cities. Malmo actually has a Muslim majority. Also, the French police are less lenient about crimes against their women outside of the Banlieus (what the Muslims do to their own women is pretty much ignored, and any non-Muslim who goes into the Muslim areas, where the police and fire departments are loathe to go, knows that she's taking her life in her hands). OTOH, France has seen a huge surge in antisemitic attacks by what they describe as "youths," and they are very tolerant of antisemitism, so the Beurs (French for Berbers, their term of derision for Muslims) know that they can attack Jews with impugnity, but that French women are off limits.

For now.