PDA

View Full Version : Boy George Denied Visa. We're Safe For The Summer!

Gingersnap
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Visa denial forces Boy George to cancel US tour

Jul 1 03:31 PM US/Eastern

http://i29.tinypic.com/5podwl.jpg
In this March 8, 2006 file photo, Boy George, whose real name is George...

NEW YORK (AP) - Boy George's plans for a North American tour have run into some bad karma.
The Culture Club singer, whose given name is George O'Dowd, has canceled his summer plans after U.S. authorities denied him a visa to enter the country.

O'Dowd, 47, had planned to officially kick off his 25-city tour in Aspen, Colo., on July 10, and was to throw in a free concert at the New York City Department of Sanitation's Family Day in August. He worked for the department in 2006 while performing court-ordered community service in a drug case.

That didn't appear possible, though, when last week O'Dowd's managers issued a statement saying he had been refused a visa because he's awaiting trial in London on charges that he falsely imprisoned a man. The Sun newspaper reported in April that a 28-year-old man claimed he was chained and threatened at O'Dowd's London flat, where he had gone to work as a photo model.

The singer, whose hits include "Karma Chameleon," has pleaded not guilty.

"I was really hoping that the issue would be resolved and that some kind soul at the U.S. Visa Office would realize that if the police in the U.K. placed no restrictions on my movements, that should have been good enough for them," O'Dowd said in a statement Tuesday.

"I am very sorry that I will not see all my American fans this year, but I wish them a happy and healthy Fourth of July. I include the Visa Office in those good wishes and realize they are doing a very difficult job and I just got unlucky," he said.

The guy tried to sexually assault some dude last year. We have enough home grown perverts as it is. Without the hair extensions and the hat, he's nobody.

Oh Boy! (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D91L8DT84&show_article=1)

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
As the line from ‘Blazing Saddles’ goes, "Gentlemen, relax your sphincters!" :p

megimoo
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Oh, boy :Try As She Might,
Meredith Vieira Cannot Dampen Boy George's Good Time

"Boy George has put the tee in tranny and made himself a media success. "

Boy George was on Today, via satellite from London, to discuss his visa denial and subsequent delay of his US tour, due to his legal troubles back home.
He sorta looked like an auntie at a holiday party, what with his zany hat and matching eye makeup. Meredith Vieira was a bit of an underminer during the whole interview, trying to force him to feel "frustrated" and "angry" even though she's "glad that [he] feel[s] upbeat," and mentioned that it'd be great if he could come back to America, because we could use him to sweep up our streets again, referring to the community service he was forced to do after he freaked out on coke and claimed that the hooker he hired had broken into his place. Clip below.

Boy George Video in Big Red Fag Hat .
http://jezebel.com/tag/boy-george/
Boy George’s Victim Escapes His Dungeon
Who knew that the washed-up tranny frontman of Culture Club was such a menace? I had heard about him having to sweep the streets of New York City after he stupidly invited police into his apartment to see his magnificient mound of cocaine. Now it seems that he let one of his prisoners escape from his London dungeon.

He’ll tumble for ya, but only after he locks you into irons.
Police charged pop singer Boy George with false imprisonment on Tuesday after he allegedly chained a man to a wall at his London home.
“George O’Dowd … is charged with false imprisonment of a 28-year-old male … on April 28, 2007,” a police spokeswoman said.Last year Boy George was ordered to sweep the streets of Manhattan by a American court after charges stemming from an incident when police responded to his call reporting a burglary and found cocaine in his apartment.

Notice the lack of rape or other sexual assault charges? He wasn’t chained up for sex. Judging by Fat Boy George’s weight, he was going to eat him.

And when did Boy George start looking like George “The Animal” Steele?

http://www.belch.com/blog/2007/11/13/boy-georges-victim-escapes-his-dungeon/

Boy George
Born: June 14, 1961, in Eltham, Kent, England
Fun Facts:
-- Boy George was a regular in early '80s London's New Romantic club scene.
-- Culture Club's first name: In Praise of Lemmings
-- He recovered from a very serious heroin addiction.
From Culture Club to Hare Krishna to DJ-ing .

noonwitch
07-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I'll never forget the first time my brother and I saw him on MTV-we spent the entire video trying to figure out whether he was a man or woman.

My best friend from college loved him back then, though.

megimoo
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll never forget the first time my brother and I saw him on MTV-we spent the entire video trying to figure out whether he was a man or woman.

My best friend from college loved him back then, though.I never knew he was transvestite .I guessed he was queer but that was easy.

biccat
07-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I never knew he was transvestite .I guessed he was queer but that was easy.

The 'transvestite' thing was all the rage back in the '80s. Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, just to name a couple. What really separated Boy George from the boys was a thin layer of latex.

er, I mean that he was just as fruity in his personal life as professional.

megimoo
07-02-2008, 02:41 PM
The 'transvestite' thing was all the rage back in the '80s. Alice Cooper, Twisted Sister, just to name a couple. What really separated Boy George from the boys was a thin layer of latex.

er, I mean that he was just as fruity in his personal life as professional."What really separated Boy George from the boys was a thin layer of latex."They have 'Rear Diaphrams'?NKT.