PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Rush

ConJinx
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
$400 million might fend off the attempts to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine." Whether you listen or believe in the power of the "New Media" its strongest will open the door wider. The Conservative voice grows louder, let us not give any ground to those that are truly trying to destroy the real voice of the people.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Congratulations, Mr. Unapologetic Junkie! More illegal prescriptions to you!:p

Zafod
07-02-2008, 01:04 PM

Thats it? Thats all you can do?
Old and tired, thats all I have to say about that.

YupItsMe
07-02-2008, 01:05 PM

RDS:rolleyes:

ConJinx
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Yet another reminder why I'm ashamed to admit I'm a native Californian. LP, you can't even give simple kudos to a pioneer of conservative thought in this country. I wonder what skeletons we'd find in your closet. Any hookers, drugs, dog beating, monkey spanking perhaps. How 'bout this, when your the penultimate in your field, we'll simply ignore your accomplishments.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Howard Stern is a POS too and he makes more - but at least he's honest about it.

biccat
07-02-2008, 01:56 PM

I'm offended by LP's use of the term "Junkie." It is an offensive stereotype applied to people who don't have the ability to control their addictions.

Can a mod please change his message to remove any offensive terms?

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM

That's 'Mr. Unapologetic Junkie', Sir. When you use "Mr." that makes it politically correct.:D

asdf2231
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM

I guess you missed the part where he quite publically admitted to and took responsibility for, his actions and expressed regrets at his personal weakness and failings. Keeping in mind he got addicted to a painkiller post op. A very common occurance.

Which makes him a bigger man than a lot of public figures, and you kind of a wildly mistaken fuckbag.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Which makes him a bigger man than a lot of public figures, and you kind of a wildly mistaken fuckbag.

Considering the untold hours he previously and publicly nailed ALL DRUG USERS on his globally broadcast and syndicated radio show - I say fuck the HYPICRIT, stupidly loyal donkey-dick-fuckwad-dribble.

ConJinx
07-02-2008, 02:38 PM
See, a strident discussion has begun. Now thats the American way.

Zafod
07-02-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm offended by LP's use of the term "Junkie." It is an offensive stereotype applied to people who don't have the ability to control their addictions.

*cough* *chock* *spit* hahahahahahahahahaha made me spit my coffee dude. :D

biccat
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Considering the untold hours he previously and publicly nailed ALL DRUG USERS on his globally broadcast and syndicated radio show - I say fuck the HYPICRIT, stupidly loyal donkey-dick-fuckwad-dribble.
Since he spent 'untold hours' attacking drug users 'on his...radio show,' perhaps you would like to dig up 3 or 4 instances of this?

I mean, being such widespread condemnation, it should be an easy find, right?

Zafod
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Who the fuck is Logan and what the fuck is up with his father?

ConJinx
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Media matters strikes again. I'm currently a junkie so screw you.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Since he spent 'untold hours' attacking drug users 'on his...radio show,' perhaps you would like to dig up 3 or 4 instances of this?

We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:45 PM
"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
...We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks.
--Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:47 PM
These tough sentencing laws were instituted for a reason. The American people, including liberals, demanded them. Don't you remember the crack cocaine epidemic? Crack babies and out-of-control murder rates? Liberal judges giving the bad guys slaps on the wrist? Finally we got tough, and the crime rate has been falling ever since, so what's wrong?
--RushLimbaugh.com (8/18/03)

Zafod
07-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I love the quotes from long before he had his surgery and was prescribed those pain killers that started him on his journey down that dark path of addiction. :rolleyes:

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Should I keep going?:confused:

Zafod
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Can someone tell me how being addicted to prescribed pain killers is the same as a person going to buy crack and smoke it through a peice of metal pipe and brillo pad stuffed in it?

LogansPapa
I love the quotes from long before he had his surgery and was prescribed those pain killers that started him on his journey down that dark path of addiction. :rolleyes:

Oh, I see - so we should only define him by Mr. Limbaugh’s ‘New Testament’?

ConJinx
so where exactly is the hypocrisy, drugs are a social ill. I've been a drug addict. I rose above it and didn't expect anyone to help me out. I didn't blame any groups. I didn't say well I'm gonna get wasted so it should be legal, and I sure as hell didn't rob or steal to get my dope.What he said then is true now and liberal scumbags and Libertarians alike fail to see that.

Zafod
07-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Should I keep going?:confused:

Please do because you havent proven your point yet.

biccat
07-02-2008, 02:56 PM
We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993
Lets see, first of all, that is from Rush's television show.

"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993
Also from TV show.

It seems that you are having a difficult time following directions. Obviously you're lying about this and taking cues from MediaMatters and FAIR that Rush Limbaugh is a hypocrit on the drug issue.

That's fine, I wouldn't expect independent thought from an Obama supporter anyway. After all, only Hope and Change matter, right? Coherent sentences and rational thought are at the bottom of the list.

More specifically, note that the quotes you've cited are discussing permissive attitudes of liberals towards recreational drug use and the lack of people taking responsibility for their actions. The fact is that Rush Limbaugh became addicted to prescription drugs after using them for pain. Furthermore, Rush stood up like a man, something you'll never be able to bring yourself to do, and took responsibility for his actions. He didn't get arrested and cry that he should get a lenient sentence. He actively decided to seek rehab and recover from his addiction.

It takes a bigger man to stand up and admit when he is wrong than to cry that he is a victim and owed something by society. I respect Rush because recognized he had a problem and sought to fix it.

Too bad you can't do the same thing and admit that you're an Obamaniac and own up to your deficiency (well, at least this one, we can work on the others later).

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Please do because you havent proven your point yet.

So Jimmy Swagart wasn’t a hypocrite before he was outed as a sexual pervert?

How is Limbaugh any different?

Suffering is part of the human condition. Whether it’s on the corner selling your ass for crack or sending your servant out for pick-ups of fraudulent prescriptions, or shooting up to hit a baseball 435 feet.

Mr. Limbaugh’s fault is not in becoming addicted to the substances - it is not apologising for all the comments he’s made over the years about people that were less than him - addicted to not-so-stylish street shit.

Hypocrisy - it’s what’s for dinner.:rolleyes:

Zafod
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
So Jimmy Swagart wasn’t a hypocrite before he was outed as a sexual pervert?

How is Limbaugh any different?

Suffering is part of the human condition. Whether it’s on the corner selling your ass for crack or sending your servant out for pick-ups of fraudulent prescriptions, or shooting up to hit a baseball 435 feet.

Mr. Limbaugh’s fault is not in becoming addicted to the substances - it is not apologising for all the comments he’s made over the years about people that were less than him - addicted to not-so-stylish street shit.

Hypocrisy - it’s what’s for dinner.:rolleyes:

Who brought up Swagart? I didnt.
You didnt prove your arguement with this post. Just tried to move the goal posts.

Just like a good liberal does. :rolleyes:

ConJinx
07-02-2008, 03:06 PM
WOW. LP, your sort of a glass half full so shut up or I'll change the subject and smash you in the face with my glass kinda guy. So succumbing to human suffering we should go about apologizing to everyone we think we may have victimized with our thoughts.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
No guys - you can’t drop shit on people - then do it yourself and not go back and apologise to those you stepped on. People I’ve known that go through ‘AA’ tell me that’s part of the program. Don’t try to cover for a piece-of-shit that won’t do what he knows he has to do - to be really clean.

Zafod
07-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Damm its like college all over again.
I wonder how long till Logan thinks his "papa" is full of shit?

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Damm its like college all over again.
I wonder how long till Logan thinks his "papa" is full of shit?

He's 2 and he already gives his grandpa that 'look'.;)

Zafod
07-02-2008, 03:40 PM
He's 2 and he already gives his grandpa that 'look'.;)

I believe it.

You hippies smell.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 03:43 PM
I believe it.

You hippies smell.

True dat. :o

Shannon
07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
I better hurry up and marry him!:D I love that man.

lacarnut
07-02-2008, 04:09 PM

You need to get off those drugs; they are fucking with your mind with all that rage pent up inside you.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
You need to get off those drugs; they are fucking with your mind with all that rage pent up inside you.

Furry Bags of Rage and Claws Syndrome

noonwitch
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh, man, I thought this was going to be about the band Rush.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh, man, I thought this was going to be about the band Rush.

:p (okay, funny!)

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Well since Rush is a member on CU maybe he'll address LP's concerns!!! :D

asdf2231
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by LogansPapa
Congratulations, Mr. Unapologetic Junkie! More illegal prescriptions to you!

Okay. Wading through the sea of frantic anger spittle here... you first accuse him of being unapologetic and then in the next breath you rail about him being a hypocrite for BEING apologetic and admitting to his failings and faults and taking responsibility for his actions and paying the costs for them.

And all of the quotes that you posted need to be weighed against the fact that they took place before his post surgical addiction to prescription pain medications. Something that happens to a helluva lot of people during long term pain management. Something I dealt with myself when they were treating me for a herniated cervical disk. I did not realize how much my body chemistry had been altered until I tried to go off the meds and was dealing with nausea, shakes and vomiting. Luckily my Doctor was able to help me from the get go because I recognized what was going on and asked for help imediately.

If you hate the guy that much just start a thread about how much he sucks.

Doing shit like this just makes you look petty and stupid.

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Doing shit like this just makes you look petty and stupid.

Yeah Fucktard, I lost my left hand in 1967 in a t-bone car wreck getting hit by a police officer driving without his lights on to a residential burglary call. Please tell me what I need to know about pain management, as I have no fucking clue.

:mad:

Zafod
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah Fucktard, I lost my left hand in 1967 in a t-bone car wreck getting hit by a police officer driving without his lights on to a residential burglary call. Please tell me what I need to know about pain management, as I have no fucking clue.

What does that have to do with your argument?

Sorry about your hand.

Do you hate cops too?

asdf2231
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM

Wow.

Then if you went through long term pain management you should know whereof I speak.

They had me on prescription pain meds for the better part of 18 months to help me deal with the herniated cervical disk. And just kept upping the doses when my body started absorbing them better. I went through fucking hell for four days coming off the stuff. Luckily I had help from my family physician dealing with it.

I don't know what you went through after losing your hand. You don't know the extent of what I went through dealing with almost paralytic pain in my left arm, hand and neck. Neither of us knows what Limbaugh was dealing with after spinal surgery.

I still have no clue how what happened to you reconciles the fact that you posted this:

Congratulations, Mr. Unapologetic Junkie! More illegal prescriptions to you!

Followed by this:

You are pissed at the guy for not apologizing and then almost in the next post you call him a hypocrite FOR being apologetic.

Both of which have dick-all to do with you and your missing hand.

Like I said, just start a thread about how much you think he sucks.

Because what you did STILL makes you look petty and stupid.

Waving your stump at us doesn't change that.

Constitutionally Speaking
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM

I think in 20 some years on the Radio he MENTIONED drug abusers twice, and he hardly "nailed" them. Besides there is a HUGE difference between street drugs willfully entered into for jollies and prescription drugs that were never intended for anything but legitimate use, and getting hooked on them.

You really ought to be ashamed LP.

Goldwater
07-02-2008, 08:32 PM
$400 million? Really? Wow.

LogansPapa
07-03-2008, 10:22 AM
What does that have to do with your argument?

Sorry about your hand.

Do you hate cops too?

What it has to do with my argument is not my hate of cops (at least not stupid rookies trying to impress their supervisor by catching someone stealing a TV), which I don’t - I have a great respect for true professionals, it has to do with weakness.

Had I not lost my hand when I was a kid I’d have followed The Chief into the USN. Had I had a ‘cyst on my ass’ it wouldn’t have stopped me from my service.;)

linda22003
07-03-2008, 10:35 AM
$400 million? Really? Wow.

It's almost enough to make him attractive. :p

Zafod
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
What it has to do with my argument is not my hate of cops (at least not stupid rookies trying to impress their supervisor by catching someone stealing a TV), which I don’t - I have a great respect for true professionals, it has to do with weakness.

Had I not lost my hand when I was a kid I’d have followed The Chief into the USN. Had I had a ‘cyst on my ass’ it wouldn’t have stopped me from my service.;)

Since you seem to have to have missed the point of my question why dont you answer asdf2231's question to you.

LogansPapa
07-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Since you seem to have to have missed the point of my question why dont you answer asdf2231's question to you.

"Waving your stump at us doesn't change that."

I don't know - why don't I?:cool:

AmPat
07-03-2008, 11:31 AM

I don't mean to minimize your pain but it is plain to me that a one-handed person has no business with a Cobra. Please send it immediately to me for safe keeping.:D

LogansPapa
07-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't mean to minimize your pain but it is plain to me that a one-handed person has no business with a Cobra. Please send it immediately to me for safe keeping.:D

Buuuuahaahaaa!!! That's what the cops say every time I get pulled over. Knees are wonderful things.:D

asdf2231
07-03-2008, 11:48 AM
"Waving your stump at us doesn't change that."

I don't know - why don't I?:cool:

Because you are a thin skinned idiot who thought somehow that being unlucky enough to have been in a car accident somehow gave him dispensation to be a contradictory jackass about someone that he hates for sheer political reasons? You threw your missing hand out there like it was supposed to be some sort of moral trump card that somehow mysteriously gave you some sort of dispensation to be the afore mentioned contradictory jackass. Fuck that.

Like I said earlier, start a thread about how much you think he sucks if you want to spray idiotic talking points all over the place. The terms Petty and Stupid become more aplicable by the second.

You already hit the classic trifecta when you called him a junkie and then a hypocrite for aplogizing for his actions and owning his addiction and then managed to work in a completely retarded comment about Vietnam out of left (Heh) field.

Fact is the man is worth every cent of the $400 million that they paid him

If only just to keep Libs so pissed off that they go spraying idiotic comments about him around like drive by gunfire when his name comes up.

asdf2231
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
After the show, Limbaugh and I sat in the studio for several hours talking. He was in an expansive mood, and he didn’t duck when I asked him about the most infamous chapter of his career, his drug bust. In 2006, after years of addiction to painkillers, Limbaugh was charged in Florida with “doctor shopping” prescriptions. He pleaded not guilty and cut a deal; the charges would be dismissed after 18 months if he continued rehabilitation and treatment with a therapist.

Needless to say, the case became a national scandal. His enemies jeered that the white knight of American conservatism was a junkie. His fans feared the scandal might end his career. Some prayed for him. Limbaugh’s lawyer, Roy Black, hired a Florida psychologist, Steve Strumwasser, to evaluate his client.

“I assessed Rush, and I saw he had a problem he couldn’t control,” Strumwasser told me in a phone interview authorized by Limbaugh. “I knew his name and what he did for a living, but that’s about it.”

Strumwasser recommended that Limbaugh check into the Meadows, in Wickenburg, Ariz., a rehab center that specializes in celebrities.

“They guarded his privacy, but other than that, he was treated like everybody else,” said Strumwasser, who traveled with him to Arizona and checked him in. “Rush did individual therapy, took part in group sessions and got along with everybody.”

According to Strumwasser, Limbaugh had previously tried twice to stop using drugs on his own and failed. “It takes most people a lot of time to assume personal responsibility for an addiction,” he said. “Especially in a case like this, where there is a professional risk involved. But by the time I met him, Rush wasn’t denying his problem at all. He went about getting better in a very passionate way.”

The passion was muted when Limbaugh returned to the air, after six weeks. He candidly but drily, discussed his addiction and legal status, told his listeners that he was not a victim and then went on with the broadcast.

In the studio the day we spoke, Limbaugh was more emotional. “I thank God for my addiction,” he told me. “It made me understand my shortcomings.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/magazine/06Limbaugh-t.html?_r=2&pagewanted=8&hp&adxnnlx=1215011882-RSTZRry9%20Ooy0a9GqC363g&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Well, congrats to the draft dodging drug addict!! He's in good company, although I prefer Howard as all the T&A on Howard's show belong to hot broads, and not a fat, balding male commentator.

Let's face it folks, LP had your collective asses in this thread. Here's bicat's original request...

Notice, there was no statement of constraints or conditions, it was simply a request for quotes. When LP provided a plethora of them, bi's (and others') response was to:

1. Attack the source (the eeevvilll Media Matters): Curious here. Are you saying that the quotes are inaccurate or taken out of context? If that's the case, simply say so and prove it. Or, are you simply trying to discredit them by pointing out they were compiled by a liberal source?

2. Say what a wonderful person he is for taking responsibility and addressing his habit: Didn't Patrick Kennedy do the same thing? I must have missed all the threads here providing kudos for that "courage."

3. Point out he became addicted as a result of medical procedures and the subsequent prescriptions: Isn't that true of many, many liberals ( :eek:)? Where's all the sympathy for them?

Face it folks, if you didn't agree with fat boy, you'd be condemning the hell out of him. Rabid libs and whacky conservatives: two sides of the same coin! :D

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 04:41 PM
“I assessed Rush, and I saw he had a problem he couldn’t control,” Strumwasser told me in a phone interview authorized by Limbaugh.

And this distinquishes Fat Boy from the run-of-the-mill druggie in what way?

Shannon
07-03-2008, 04:45 PM
And this distinquishes Fat Boy from the run-of-the-mill druggie in what way?

That doesn't. His 400 million dollar contract does.:D The hatred for my future ex husband displayed by some here is quite disturbing.:(

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 04:50 PM
That doesn't. His 400 million dollar contract does.:D The hatred for my future ex husband displayed by some here is quite disturbing.:(

Now that I can understand.

ConJinx
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I must say, how wonderful this thread turned out. WE ALL had a time to remember, and the loose minded libs weren't able to shut down the debate. So thanx, and screw you guys I'm goin' home.

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
I must say, how wonderful this thread turned out. WE ALL had a time to remember, and the loose minded libs weren't able to shut down the debate. So thanx, and screw you guys I'm goin' home.

Very coherent. Are you the Fat Boy in disguise?

ConJinx
07-03-2008, 04:57 PM
no I'm a new addict on the scene. But, since you asked, maybe in my next life.

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 04:59 PM
no I'm a new addict on the scene. But, since you asked, maybe in my next life.

Ah, but there are only two things in life worth being addicted to: (1) scotch and (2) sex. Pills (and vodka, for that matter) are pretty boring.

ConJinx
07-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Ah, but there are only two things in life worth being addicted to: (1) scotch and (2) sex. Pills (and vodka, for that matter) are pretty boring.
What about sex, pills and Vodka, say, Grey Goose and Loritabs.

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:14 PM
*hump* *hump* *hump* *hump*
Hey LG, how can you just sit there and let CW fuck your leg like that?

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 05:16 PM
What about sex, pills and Vodka, say, Grey Goose and Loritabs.

Vodka, no matter how fancy the bottle, is pretty boring. If I'm going to drink a clear liquor, I'll drink Tanqueray Gin as, at least, it's got a flavor. Or maybe a good Tequilla. Never done Loritabs, but I had an aunt who od'd on V&V (valium and vodka). On the other hand, CNN ran this segment on "magic mushrooms" this morning, and they look pretty good. :D

BTW, Fat Boy is still the type of person that, if he weren't the arch-conservative, the wonderfully "moral" people here would be blasting. And all the excuses offered herein (medical procedures, takes responsibility, etc.) apply to many liberals, but no one here excuses them. Fat Boy isn't the only hypocrite in the world, after all.

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey LG, how can you just sit there and let CW fuck your leg like that?

Prove him wrong, asshole or shut the fuck up. Hope we're not distrurbing your time with the goats.

Shannon
07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
He's not fat anymore.:mad: Use Former in your title if you insist on calling him that.

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Prove him wrong, asshole or shut the fuck up. Hope we're not distrurbing your time with the goats.

Yep, LP you have a new crusader, your very own leghumping white knight to help you fight your battles.

How does it feel to have a little pet?

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Yep, LP you have a new crusader, your very own leghumping white knight to help you fight your battles.

How does it feel to have a little pet?

Yawn! Are you just too stupid to contribut anything to the discussion/arguement. No, wait. I've read many of your previous posts and I know the answer to that question.

Refute his arguements or shut the fuck up, dummy. Or keep posting stupidities and I'll keep pointing them out (that's actually much more fun).

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Vodka, no matter how fancy the bottle, is pretty boring. If I'm going to drink a clear liquor, I'll drink Tanqueray Gin as, at least, it's got a flavor. Or maybe a good Tequilla. Never done Loritabs, but I had an aunt who od'd on V&V (valium and vodka). On the other hand, CNN ran this segment on "magic mushrooms" this morning, and they look pretty good. :D

BTW, Fat Boy is still the type of person that, if he weren't the arch-conservative, the wonderfully "moral" people here would be blasting. And all the excuses offered herein (medical procedures, takes responsibility, etc.) apply to many liberals, but no one here excuses them. Fat Boy isn't the only hypocrite in the world, after all.

*yawn*

*burp*

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 05:48 PM
*yawn*

*burp*

You certainly live up to one's expectations.

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Yawn! Are you just too stupid to contribut anything to the discussion/arguement. No, wait. I've read many of your previous posts and I know the answer to that question.

Refute his arguements or shut the fuck up, dummy. Or keep posting stupidities and I'll keep pointing them out (that's actually much more fun).

Why are you so angry?

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
You certainly live up to one's expectations.

Nope, just fun to pull the leash.....

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Why are you so angry?

I'm never, ever angry (ask anyone here). I just amuse myself with idiots like you.

Zafod
07-03-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm never, ever angry (ask anyone here). I just amuse myself with idiots like you.

mega ditto's right back at you.
Now notice I have not called you any names.
You can see why I would think you are angry.....

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
mega ditto's right back at you.
Now notice I have not called you any names.
You can see why I would think you are angry.....

uhm... I think if you examine this thread, you'll find that the first reference either of us made to the other was yours regarding "humping leg," somrthing I'm quite sure is common practice in "you neck of the woods," but not in mine.

Again, since you seem to disagree with LP's (and my) assessment of the Former Fat Boy, I would invite you to refute it.

Zafod
07-03-2008, 06:26 PM
uhm... I think if you examine this thread, you'll find that the first reference either of us made to the other was yours regarding "humping leg," somrthing I'm quite sure is common practice in "you neck of the woods," but not in mine.

Again, since you seem to disagree with LP's (and my) assessment of the Former Fat Boy, I would invite you to refute it.

Or I could just disagree.
I dont find somone being addicted to prescribed pain meds that were introduced out of a medical condition by the supervision of a doctor the same as a person who goes out and buys drugs on the street to get high.

Oh and it was you who so eloquently stated that "we" including me were "getting our asses handed " to us....before I posted anything to you....

so you sir,oh fickler of the facts, can go stick it up your rear.

LogansPapa
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/B/B/limbaugh_diet.jpg

:cool:

Zafod
07-03-2008, 07:20 PM
http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/B/B/limbaugh_diet.jpg

:cool:

You like Franken, dont you?

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Or I could just disagree.

Well, yes you could, but you didn't. You presented a pseudo-argument and have failed to defend it.

I dont find somone being addicted to prescribed pain meds that were introduced out of a medical condition by the supervision of a doctor the same as a person who goes out and buys drugs on the street to get high.

Well, we could also debate that view. However, let's skip it for the moment and take it logically further. So, you don't criticize Patrick Kennedy or Chevy Chase (unfortunately we can't check due to the dearth of an archive). However, let's presume for the moment you raised your voice in staunch defense of Kennedy when many threads appeared here regarding him. There were, nevertheless, many here who criticized him but fail to do the same with their Former Fat Boy Ideological God.

Oh and it was you who so eloquently stated that "we" including me were "getting our asses handed " to us....before I posted anything to you....

Yes, indeed I'm always eloquent. However, that was not a direct reference to you, but rather to the fact that all of those who were attacking LP for his providing the requested quotations were merely backtracking and providing excuses when he shoved those quotes in your collective faces.

so you sir,oh fickler of the facts, can go stick it up your rear.

:eek: Oh noes, what about the BAAYYBIES!! I've noticed you're terribly sensitive to the BAAAYBIES so I don't understand how you, in your anger, can use such words. :eek:

Really, you're a bit too easy. Perhaps you should go practice at Clietus' Cesspool, aka the Hallelujah Chorus, where they value their dogs more than their women folk (and all)! :D

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
He's not fat anymore.:mad: Use Former in your title if you insist on calling him that.

As usual, the King of Snide will defer to the Queen of Snark. Former Fat Boy, indeed! :D

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, congrats to the draft dodging drug addict!! He's in good company, although I prefer Howard as all the T&A on Howard's show belong to hot broads, and not a fat, balding male commentator.

:D

I have never listened to Rush but I do get a kick out of him pissing off people. Additionally, I think some are jealousy because he makes a great deal of money. He is in part an entertainer just like Stern. The difference between the two is that Rush is clean looking and dresses in a nice fashion. On the other hand, Stern looks like a repulsive freak from the 60's and his hair looks like it is a magnet for lice. I can not stand to watch his show for more than a few minutes even though he does have some good looking broads.

You may make the point that Rush is a hypocrite for dissing drug users. However, if you have never suffered with agonizing pain, you do not know what the f. your are talking about when it comes to getting addicted to doctor prescribed pain killers.

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I have never listened to Rush but I do get a kick out of him pissing off people. Additionally, I think some are jealousy because he makes a great deal of money. He is in part an entertainer just like Stern. The difference between the two is that Rush is clean looking and dresses in a nice fashion. On the other hand, Stern looks like a repulsive freak from the 60's and his hair looks like it is a magnet for lice. I can not stand to watch his show for more than a few minutes even though he does have some good looking broads.

Ah, now I get it. We should like people who dress nice and despise people who don't. Well, damn, why didn't you say so in the first place? It would have saved sooo much time and effort.

You may make the point that Rush is a hypocrite for dissing drug users.

Yes, indeed that IS exactly the point I'm making, but too many here are so blind in their ideological admiration of the Former Fat Boy, that they refuse to acknowledge that point.

However, if you have never suffered with agonizing pain, you do not know what the f. your are talking about when it comes to getting addicted to doctor prescribed pain killers.

So you, like the rest of the people here, share that same sympathy for the liberals who are in the EXACT SAME SITUATION? Good on you. Please post a thread on your admiration for some of them.

Shannon
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I don't know when he started using the prescription drugs. Was he "dissing" drug users when he was using or before he was using? Anyone know? I do know that he was nothing but sympathetic to that Kennedy who claimed Ambien.

Cold Warrior
07-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know when he started using the prescription drugs. Was he "dissing" drug users when he was using or before he was using? Anyone know? I do know that he was nothing but sympathetic to that Kennedy who claimed Ambien.

I honestly don't know. However, one who calls for various punishments for drug abusers and then, when he becomes one himself, shuts up, is only marginally better than one who continues to call for such punishments. My point here is that all those who are willing to give the Former Fat Boy such a pass would rip to shreds any, ANY liberal in the exact same situation. They know that's true, that's why they haven't (can't) respond with any realistics rebuttal.

Other than dissing LP (and attempting to diss me -- that worked out well, didn't it :D), they have no response.,

Shannon
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I honestly don't know. However, one who calls for various punishments for drug abusers and then, when he becomes one himself, shuts up, is only marginally better than one who continues to call for such punishments. My point here is that all those who are willing to give the Former Fat Boy such a pass would rip to shreds any, ANY liberal in the exact same situation. They know that's true, that's why they haven't (can't) respond with any realistics rebuttal.

Other than dissing LP (and attempting to diss me -- that worked out well, didn't it :D), they have no response.,

I'm just saying that he wouldn't be a hypocrite then. But I don't know when he started using. I love Rush because he entertains and informs me. I don't care about his previous drug use.

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Ah, now I get it. We should like people who dress nice and despise people who don't. Well, damn, why didn't you say so in the first place? It would have saved sooo much time and effort.

Yes, indeed that IS exactly the point I'm making, but too many here are so blind in their ideological admiration of the Former Fat Boy, that they refuse to acknowledge that point.

So you, like the rest of the people here, share that same sympathy for the liberals who are in the EXACT SAME SITUATION? Good on you. Please post a thread on your admiration for some of them.

If I am going to make a comparison between Rush and someone else, I certainly would not use someone that looks like he is an unclean and has lice falling out of his hair. Do you associate with creeps that look like that?

What I am saying is that Rush admitted his mistakes and has turned his life around. Do you have a problem with that or are you such a unforgiving prick that says I am perfect. FYI, I would not have dissed JFK for his pain pill addiction because I have been there and done that. How about you. Like I said, if you have not, you do not know what the f. you are talking about.

Even if the press had found out about JFK's addiction, the press would have never gone after him like they did with Rush. Don't you think the liberal press hates Rush? That is what pisses off conservatives. If you do not understand that, you are not playing with a full deck.

BTW, I admire anyone that beats an addiction whether it be cigs, booze or drugs. Like I said, if you have never been there, you are talking out of your ass.

FlaGator
07-04-2008, 01:12 AM
I keep reading this stuff about how it is different because Rush was prescribed the drugs and then got hooked. It doesn't matter really how he got addicted, after a certain point he knew he was hooked and then behaved like any other drug addict and attempted to get more drugs to feed his addiction... illegally. This whole drug addiction thing is what caused me to stop listening to him. For years he preached about taking responsibility for one's actions and how drug addicts should be in jail but when he was caught purchasing drugs illegally, he hired a lawyer and did his best to reduce or avoid his punishment. That is not taking responsibility for his actions. OK, so he got on the radio and admitted he had a problem and apologized to his listeners. This is easy to do after he's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. What did he admit to that wasn't already splashed all over the news? On the other hand, if when he realized that he had a problem, got on the radio and announced it and then went in to treatment before the legal system had to intervene, then I would have had a lot of respect for him. For all his talk about personal responsibility and doing what is right when push came to shove he behaved like a common drug addict and when caught he did whatever it took to get the law off his back. His principles took a back seat when a little prison time might have been the consequence of walking his talk.

Zafod
07-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Well, yes you could, but you didn't. You presented a pseudo-argument and have failed to defend it.

Well, we could also debate that view. However, let's skip it for the moment and take it logically further. So, you don't criticize Patrick Kennedy or Chevy Chase (unfortunately we can't check due to the dearth of an archive). However, let's presume for the moment you raised your voice in staunch defense of Kennedy when many threads appeared here regarding him. There were, nevertheless, many here who criticized him but fail to do the same with their Former Fat Boy Ideological God.

Yes, indeed I'm always eloquent. However, that was not a direct reference to you, but rather to the fact that all of those who were attacking LP for his providing the requested quotations were merely backtracking and providing excuses when he shoved those quotes in your collective faces.

:eek: Oh noes, what about the BAAYYBIES!! I've noticed you're terribly sensitive to the BAAAYBIES so I don't understand how you, in your anger, can use such words. :eek:

Really, you're a bit too easy. Perhaps you should go practice at Clietus' Cesspool, aka the Hallelujah Chorus, where they value their dogs more than their women folk (and all)! :D

You are a very angry little boy...

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I keep reading this stuff about how it is different because Rush was prescribed the drugs and then got hooked. It doesn't matter really how he got addicted, after a certain point he knew he was hooked and then behaved like any other drug addict and attempted to get more drugs to feed his addiction... illegally. This whole drug addiction thing is what caused me to stop listening to him. For years he preached about taking responsibility for one's actions and how drug addicts should be in jail but when he was caught purchasing drugs illegally, he hired a lawyer and did his best to reduce or avoid his punishment. That is not taking responsibility for his actions. OK, so he got on the radio and admitted he had a problem and apologized to his listeners. This is easy to do after he's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. What did he admit to that wasn't already splashed all over the news? On the other hand, if when he realized that he had a problem, got on the radio and announced it and then went in to treatment before the legal system had to intervene, then I would have had a lot of respect for him. For all his talk about personal responsibility and doing what is right when push came to shove he behaved like a common drug addict and when caught he did whatever it took to get the law off his back. His principles took a back seat when a little prison time might have been the consequence of walking his talk.

Have you ever had agonizing pain and were prescribed pain pills? If not, you do not know what the f. you are talking about. It's mighty easy to talk shit but if you have never been in those shoes, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass.

It is your opinion that anyone that screws up is a horrible person for life. No forgiveness from you, Mr Perfect.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 08:24 AM
If I am going to make a comparison between Rush and someone else, I certainly would not use someone that looks like he is an unclean and has lice falling out of his hair. Do you associate with creeps that look like that?

What I am saying is that Rush admitted his mistakes and has turned his life around. Do you have a problem with that or are you such a unforgiving prick that says I am perfect. FYI, I would not have dissed JFK for his pain pill addiction because I have been there and done that. How about you. Like I said, if you have not, you do not know what the f. you are talking about.

Even if the press had found out about JFK's addiction, the press would have never gone after him like they did with Rush. Don't you think the liberal press hates Rush? That is what pisses off conservatives. If you do not understand that, you are not playing with a full deck.

BTW, I admire anyone that beats an addiction whether it be cigs, booze or drugs. Like I said, if you have never been there, you are talking out of your ass.

JFK was long ago and far away, in a different era of press coverage. So, you gave Patrick Kennedy a pass recently when he ran his car into a concrete barrier? You didn't post hiere dissing him and then making fun of his declaration of "responsibility?" Gooid for you, because if that's true, then what you say herein is true. If that's not true, however, you're the one "talking out of your ass."

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 08:25 AM
You are a very angry little boy...

You certainly have contributed significantly to the rational discussion in this thread. As I said, too easy, too easy.

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 08:53 AM
JFK was long ago and far away, in a different era of press coverage. So, you gave Patrick Kennedy a pass recently when he ran his car into a concrete barrier? You didn't post hiere dissing him and then making fun of his declaration of "responsibility?" Gooid for you, because if that's true, then what you say herein is true. If that's not true, however, you're the one "talking out of your ass."

I notice how you did not answer my previous post. That's because you are the one that talking out of your ass..

I don't remember if I did or did not diss P.K. I probably did. Did he go to AA or said he was going to quit drinking. You do see the difference between a politician and an entertainer. If not, you are the one that is screwed up. It has also been reported, he has a coke problem.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 09:10 AM
I notice how you did not answer my previous post. That's because you are the one that talking out of your ass..

I actually didn't see a question in your previous post as you ended the (I think) relevant sentence with a period, not a question mark. However, I will answer it now. I, in my life, have broken an addiction, although it was not one based upon any medical-related procedures. However, I also think that's irrelevant. We don't make that sort of test to comment on other things so the pose that you and a couple of others make that one can't criticize the Former Fat Boy if one hasn't been in extreme pain is really just bulls**t.

I don't remember if I did or did not diss P.K. I probably did. Did he go to AA or said he was going to quit drinking. You do see the difference between a politician and an entertainer. If not, you are the one that is screwed up. It has also been reported, he has a coke problem.

Yes he entered a rehab program and yes he made the same sort of declaration of responsibility that the Former Fat Boy did. As to the difference between a politician and an entertainer (oh how the Former Fat Boy has fallen for purposes of this discussion), the particular entertainer we're discussing has more of an influence on people and policy than does the politician.

LibraryLady
07-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I am not a big Limbaugh fan but pain killer addiction can happen to anyone:

Mrs. McCain also said her husband never flinched when, from 1989 to 1992, she became addicted to painkillers after undergoing two spinal surgeries. The addiction eventually led her to steal pills from her own American Voluntary Medical Team.

"I was an addict. That's why," McCain answered when asked about stealing the pills. "I tell you, addiction is a very cunning enemy."

Mrs. McCain said the addiction was an experience from which she learned a great deal about herself.

I have family members who are walking around in a fog - the docotors here are so apt to prescribe rather than treat.

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I actually didn't see a question in your previous post as you ended the (I think) relevant sentence with a period, not a question mark. However, I will answer it now. I, in my life, have broken an addiction, although it was not one based upon any medical-related procedures. However, I also think that's irrelevant. We don't make that sort of test to comment on other things so the pose that you and a couple of others make that one can't criticize the Former Fat Boy if one hasn't been in extreme pain is really just bulls**t.

Yes he entered a rehab program and yes he made the same sort of declaration of responsibility that the Former Fat Boy did. As to the difference between a politician and an entertainer (oh how the Former Fat Boy has fallen for purposes of this discussion), the particular entertainer we're discussing has more of an influence on people and policy than does the politician.

What was your addiction?????????????????????????I think you are talking out of your ass. I have admitted my addiction to booze, cigs and to some degree rx pain killers. Come on fess up; it's the internet; are you too chickenshit.

You can criticize Rush all you want but you still did not respond to my question about Stern being a creep; is that the type of people that are unclean looking with lice looking hair, you hang around with???????????

P.K. is a coke user and many in the Kennedy clan are pieces of shit. I can criticize them just like you have the right to do the same with Rush.

So we are going to judge people about how much influence they have. A politican that puts his hand on the bible and swears to uphold his office and the law is now below that of an entertainer. Pretty weak argument on you part. If Rush hosted a show like Stern's, you would not have this hatred of him. Right. In fact, you would like him. It's not the drug use that or hypocricy that offends you, its importance and ideals that piss off liberals like you. The only thing conservative about you is that you do not want your taxes to go up. That's it in a nutshell.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 09:57 AM
I am not a big Limbaugh fan but pain killer addiction can happen to anyone:

I have family members who are walking around in a fog - the docotors here are so apt to prescribe rather than treat.

I understand that, LL. What I'm pointing to here is the hypocrisy of posters who are very willing to give the Former Fat Boy a pass, while condemning others (generally of opposing political ideologies) who are in exactly the same situation and respond in exactly the same ways.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 10:08 AM
What was your addiction?????????????????????????I think you are talking out of your ass. I have admitted my addiction to booze, cigs and to some degree rx pain killers. Come on fess up; it's the internet; are you too chickenshit.

Sorry, I would have thought it obvious. In my 30s, a had a very, very bad booze habit. I quit for a long period. And now I have only a moderately, moderately bad booze habit. There's a Woody Allen joke in there somewhere.

You can criticize Rush all you want but you still did not respond to my question about Stern being a creep; is that the type of people that are unclean looking with lice looking hair, you hang around with???????????

Shit, THAT's the question? The comparison to Stern is implicit in the article itself as the Former Fat Boy is Number 2 to Stern in earnings in that particular profession. As far as "hanging around with" one of the two, I'd take Stern any day.

P.K. is a coke user and many in the Kennedy clan are pieces of shit. I can criticize them just like you have the right to do the same with Rush.

You certainly do have that right. However, to condemn one and forgive the other illustrates your blatant hypocrisy as well.

So we are going to judge people about how much influence they have. A politican that puts his hand on the bible and swears to uphold his office and the law is now below that of an entertainer. Pretty weak argument on you part. If Rush hosted a show like Stern's, you would not have this hatred of him. Right. In fact, you would like him. It's not the drug use that or hypocricy that offends you, its importance and ideals that piss off liberals like you. The only thing conservative about you is that you do not want your taxes to go up. That's it in a nutshell.

Actually, I've never listened to the Former Fat Boy in my life. However, I find it extremely amusing how all the "moral" conservatives turn into "compassionate" conservatives when one of their own f**ks up.

As to me, I'm also a conservative when it comes to national security. However, I don't believe that individual liberties should be the price paid for such security.

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Sorry, I would have thought it obvious. In my 30s, a had a very, very bad booze habit. I quit for a long period. And now I have only a moderately, moderately bad booze habit. There's a Woody Allen joke in there somewhere.

Shit, THAT's the question? The comparison to Stern is implicit in the article itself as the Former Fat Boy is Number 2 to Stern in earnings in that particular profession. As far as "hanging around with" one of the two, I'd take Stern any day.

You certainly do have that right. However, to condemn one and forgive the other illustrates your blatant hypocrisy as well.

Actually, I've never listened to the Former Fat Boy in my life. However, I find it extremely amusing how all the "moral" conservatives turn into "compassionate" conservatives when one of their own f**ks up.

As to me, I'm also a conservative when it comes to national security. However, I don't believe that individual liberties should be the price paid for such security.

If I shook hands with Stern, I would feel like I would have to go wash my hands to get the coodies off. So if I had my choice, it would not be a creep like Stern. Both of them or egotistical maniacs so I would pass on Rush also.

The part you do not understand is that P.K. is a coke addict. You do not crash your car; state you only had a couple of drinks and not know where the f. you are and how you got there. That was what was in the police report. We had a Mayor here that had the same problem. He admitted his booze problem but not his coke problem. When P.K. comes clean about it, I will be the first to show my admiration for him but not until then. The difference between Rush & Kennedy is totally different plus you did not address my assertion that a politician should be held to a higher standard because of his obligation to the public.

BTW, when conservative politicians f. up, they get voted out of office. So once again you are full of shit in comparing apples to oranges. I have never listened to Rush either. In fact, I have watched lord ass Teddy and Pat on TV much more than Rush. Just because you do not have any morals that does not mean others do not plus Bush's compassionate conservatism sucks.

DarkHalo
07-04-2008, 10:58 AM

What a class act. Ill bet you talk to women and children the same way in real life. And by the way the word is 'hypocrite'. And while you are ranting and raving can you imagine a lib site allowing a conservative to get away with the same sort of actions? Hardly. They would be banned in a second.

FlaGator
07-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Have you ever had agonizing pain and were prescribed pain pills? If not, you do not know what the f. you are talking about. It's mighty easy to talk shit but if you have never been in those shoes, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass.

It is your opinion that anyone that screws up is a horrible person for life. No forgiveness from you, Mr Perfect.

I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I understand more about addiction than you realize. As often as I mention it at CU I am surprised that you don't know that about me. I have walked in his shoes so I know that of which we speak… up close and personal you might say. I have no issues with his recovery. I have issues with his principles. After a certain point his pain was gone and he was left with his addiction. He knew this and he did not seek help. I knew of my addiction and I understood my inability to stop and I did not seek help. However, I did not criticize other addicts for their addiction and when the time came to face the music I did. I plead guilty and I went to jail.

As for Rush, there is nothing to forgive. I understand his pain and I sympathize with it. I am overjoyed that he mastered his addiction. My issues with him are not that he was/is an addict. I lost my respect for him because of the manner in which he handled the situation after his arrest and although I hold no animosity towards him I cannot listen to him because he did not stand by his principles. In light of his stance on drug addiction and personal responsibility I expected him to do things differently. Heaven forbid that when a difficult situation arises and he stand firm with his convictions then I will change my opinion of him. I forgive him his mistakes but even in forgiveness I can maintain a attitude of distrust. These sentiments are not mutually exclusive.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 11:44 AM
If I shook hands with Stern, I would feel like I would have to go wash my hands to get the coodies off. So if I had my choice, it would not be a creep like Stern. Both of them or egotistical maniacs so I would pass on Rush also.

My understanding of the question as you phrased it was that one was compelled to pick one or another. Given that constraint, Stern would be much more fun to hang around with than the Former Fat Boy. Unlike you, apparently, I don't do a lot of touching of male companions with whom I hang around.

The part you do not understand is that P.K. is a coke addict. You do not crash your car; state you only had a couple of drinks and not know where the f. you are and how you got there. That was what was in the police report. We had a Mayor here that had the same problem. He admitted his booze problem but not his coke problem. When P.K. comes clean about it, I will be the first to show my admiration for him but not until then. The difference between Rush & Kennedy is totally different plus you did not address my assertion that a politician should be held to a higher standard because of his obligation to the public.

Here's the report on Kennedy. Please note that he's admitting being addicted to prescription drugs, just like the Former Fat Boy.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy said Friday that he will enter a rehabilitation program after crashing his car on Capitol Hill a day earlier.

CNN obtained a statement from a congressional source later Friday in which Capitol Hill Police said an initial probe showed supervisors did not handle the accident properly at the scene.

"I know that I need help," the Rhode Island Democrat said at an afternoon press conference, detailing what he called a long-term struggle with depression and addiction.

"I struggle every day with this disease, as do millions of Americans," Kennedy said.

He said he would be traveling Friday afternoon to Minnesota to seek help at the Mayo Clinic, where he was treated during the congressional recess at Christmas for an addiction to prescription pain medication. He said he returned "reinvigorated and healthy."

As to being currently a coke addict, neither you nor I know if that's true. He's had the courage to admit to a prior addiction to cocaine, which is more than Georgie Porgie, the compassionate conservative, has ever done.

BTW, when conservative politicians f. up, they get voted out of office. So once again you are full of shit in comparing apples to oranges. I have never listened to Rush either. In fact, I have watched lord ass Teddy and Pat on TV much more than Rush. Just because you do not have any morals that does not mean others do not plus Bush's compassionate conservatism sucks.

Yeah, last I checked two republican senators, Vitter and the toe-tapper, were both still in office, with the toe-tapper at least having a good shot at re-election, while the dem Spitzer is running an investment company.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
What a class act. Ill bet you talk to women and children the same way in real life. And by the way the word is 'hypocrite'. And while you are ranting and raving can you imagine a lib site allowing a conservative to get away with the same sort of actions? Hardly. They would be banned in a second.

And, there are many, many conservative sites, including the Halleluijah Chorus (where we value our dogs more than our womin folk), where he or I would be banned in the same second. That's what makes this a superior site to those others, both conservative and liberal.

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 12:16 PM
My understanding of the question as you phrased it was that one was compelled to pick one or another. Given that constraint, Stern would be much more fun to hang around with than the Former Fat Boy. Unlike you, apparently, I don't do a lot of touching of male companions with whom I hang around.

Here's the report on Kennedy. Please note that he's admitting being addicted to prescription drugs, just like the Former Fat Boy.

As to being currently a coke addict, neither you nor I know if that's true. He's had the courage to admit to a prior addiction to cocaine, which is more than Georgie Porgie, the compassionate conservative, has ever done.

Yeah, last I checked two republican senators, Vitter and the toe-tapper, were both still in office, with the toe-tapper at least having a good shot at re-election, while the dem Spitzer is running an investment company.

Like I said, I would not want to get near scum bag Stern. Some of his coodies might jump on me. If Rush had a show like Stern, you would be singing his praises. Right! Once again, you don't like him because of his politics. There is not a politician in DC that is not a hypocrite. So what else is new. The toe tapper will not get re-elected and Vitter may not either. How about Jefferson (D) of LA. He will get re-elected by the Katrina beauties in N.O if he does not go to prison. Whose crimes are worse or do you think they are equal???? BTW, I think all three should be booted. Visiting a whore house, solicitation in a public bathroom and theft and fraud is not in the public trust. Another scum bag that should be booted is Barney Frank who had a male prostitute working out of this butt fuckers house.

You are still so stupid that you do not get the difference between a politician and an entertainer. I tried to explain it to your closed mind. The bar for a politican should be much higher than that of a private citizen.

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 12:37 PM
I am a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. I understand more about addiction than you realize. As often as I mention it at CU I am surprised that you don't know that about me. I have walked in his shoes so I know that of which we speak… up close and personal you might say. I have no issues with his recovery. I have issues with his principles. After a certain point his pain was gone and he was left with his addiction. He knew this and he did not seek help. I knew of my addiction and I understood my inability to stop and I did not seek help. However, I did not criticize other addicts for their addiction and when the time came to face the music I did. I plead guilty and I went to jail.

As for Rush, there is nothing to forgive. I understand his pain and I sympathize with it. I am overjoyed that he mastered his addiction. My issues with him are not that he was/is an addict. I lost my respect for him because of the manner in which he handled the situation after his arrest and although I hold no animosity towards him I cannot listen to him because he did not stand by his principles. In light of his stance on drug addiction and personal responsibility I expected him to do things differently. Heaven forbid that when a difficult situation arises and he stand firm with his convictions then I will change my opinion of him. I forgive him his mistakes but even in forgiveness I can maintain a attitude of distrust. These sentiments are not mutually exclusive.

I appreciate the clarification and commend you on your recovery. I have been without a drink for 25 years. It finally dawned on me that if I did not quit, I would die in a car wreck.

I have never listened to Rush; my information came from the media and it appeared to me that they were trying to do a hatchet job on him because of trying to illegally seize his confidential medical records. The DA was on a fishing expedition and I guess Rush responded in the incorrect way; like I said, I think he has a big ego which is commonplace among rich and famous. The only reason I like Rush is because he pisses off liberals.

FlaGator
07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I appreciate the clarification and commend you on your recovery. I have been without a drink for 25 years. It finally dawned on me that if I did not quit, I would die in a car wreck.

I have never listened to Rush; my information came from the media and it appeared to me that they were trying to do a hatchet job on him because of trying to illegally seize his confidential medical records. The DA was on a fishing expedition and I guess Rush responded in the incorrect way; like I said, I think he has a big ego which is commonplace among rich and famous. The only reason I like Rush is because he pisses off liberals.

You are right in that the media did try to do a hatch job on him and I think that the prosecution had no right to go after and thus make public his medical records. The media was clamoring for anything to "humble" Rush and take him down a notch or two. At the time I was a big Rush fan and I took to heart his views on taking responsibility for one's own actions. It was that ideology and my, at the time, recently found faith in Jesus Christ that gave me the strength to accept the consequences for my actions. I wasn't looking forward to jail but I felt that to be true to my convictions I had to do it no matter how scared I was.

At any rate, I am more that pleased that we have found common ground on this subject. I wasn't judging Rush with some holier than thou attitude. I was simply holding him to the same standards that he taught me were important and which I did and still do deeply value.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Like I said, I would not want to get near scum bag Stern. Some of his coodies might jump on me.

You've used that term, i.e., "coodies" several times in this thread and I must admit it's fascinating as I've not heard many grown men use it in my life.

If Rush had a show like Stern, you would be singing his praises. Right! Once again, you don't like him because of his politics.

You're probably right as I'm more interested in looking at hot women's rear ends than I am in listening to (formerly) fat, middle-aged white guys with cysts on theirs. As to your comment regarding me not liking him because of his politics, that's simply not true. I don't like him because he's the classic example of a hypocrite, despite all the backtracking and compassion herein and elsewhere in the land of the whacky-whackies. And, he provides a good deal of amusement in once again demonstrating the fact that rabid libs and whacky cons are exactly the same. What's MrBackoftheBus's maxim: "When we do it, we're smart; when they do it, they're stupid."

There is not a politician in DC that is not a hypocrite. So what else is new. The toe tapper will not get re-elected and Vitter may not either. How about Jefferson (D) of LA. He will get re-elected by the Katrina beauties in N.O if he does not go to prison. Whose crimes are worse or do you think they are equal???? BTW, I think all three should be booted. Visiting a whore house, solicitation in a public bathroom and theft and fraud is not in the public trust. Another scum bag that should be booted is Barney Frank who had a male prostitute working out of this butt fuckers house.

Your first statement is correct as hypocrisy and corruption in DC (and in the extremely rabid world of political junkies, in general) know no party or ideological boundaries. And, indeed, that's my point that Rs and Ds both have their "sinners" and treat them in pretty much the same way, depending on a multitude of factors.

You are still so stupid that you do not get the difference between a politician and an entertainer. I tried to explain it to your closed mind. The bar for a politican should be much higher than that of a private citizen.

To expect such of politicians is to delude oneself. They are mortals, with all of our worldly failings. I really don't care if they screw interns, visit brothels, or engage in other private activities, as long as those activities don't interfere with the performance of their duties. I'm not the earthly keeper of God's morals, nor do I have any desire to be. I was extremely amused at Spitzer's fall for the same reason I'm amused at the Former Fat Boy. Both were participating in the very activities they were condemning.

Shannon
07-04-2008, 02:10 PM
I think the argument in this thread has run its course. I just want to say that I will not hold all the horrible comments posted about my future ex husband against y'all...today.:p

LogansPapa
07-04-2008, 07:07 PM

You've not got enough information.

I guess you missed the part where he quite publically admitted to and took responsibility for, his actions and expressed regrets at his personal weakness and failings. Keeping in mind he got addicted to a painkiller post op. A very common occurance.

Let the word go forth - I never strike first, but I always strike back.:cool:

Zafod
07-05-2008, 01:32 AM
anyway, congrats to Rush and fuck all the liberfucktards that hate him....including the two fucking idiots in this thread.