PDA

View Full Version : Napolitano Declines to Rule Out Interest in Supreme Court Appointment

patriot45
05-04-2009, 10:55 AM
:eek::eek::eek: (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/03/napolitano-declines-rule-supreme-court-appointment/) <link

Justice Napolitano?

The homeland security secretary might just like the ring of it. Janet Napolitano declined to rule out being interested in an appointment to the Supreme Court when she was asked on "FOX News Sunday" about speculation that she might be on the list of potential candidates to replace outgoing Justice David Souter.

"I've got my hands full with the flu right now, and I'm just going to stick with that," she said.

When host Chris Wallace told Napolitano, "That's a non-answer," she replied: "That's all you're gonna get."

She added: "I think the president has many, many excellent choices before him and that's his choice to make."

Napolitano is the former governor and attorney general of Arizona.

Speculation has centered on potential female justices, since only one woman, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, is on the Supreme Court.

Goldwater
05-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Andrew Napolitano would be a better choice. :)

Molon Labe
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Andrew Napolitano would be a better choice. :)

That....would be incredible news for SCOTUS....but we both know that will never happen under Oby. :(