View Full Version : Banned by U.K., Savage hits back

Rockntractor
05-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Banned by U.K., Savage hits back
Radio talk star blocked from visits, along with terrorists, neo-Nazis
Posted: May 05, 2009
8:26 am Eastern

2009 WorldNetDaily

Michael Savage (San Francisco Chronicle)

Talk radio host Michael Savage is considering legal action against Britain's top homeland security official after she released today a list grouping him with terrorists and neo-Nazi murderers banned from entry because the government believes their views might provoke violence.

In a telephone interview with WND, Savage said he is still waiting to hear back from attorneys, but he noted Britain has very strict anti-defamation laws.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she decided to publicize the list of 16 people banned since October to show the type of behavior Britain will not tolerate, according to U.K. news reports

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97127
Michael Wiener is mad!

lacarnut
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Banning M.S. is exactly the type of E.U. liberal contempt that these assholes have for conservatives. Does not look like Obama's ass kissing contest across the pond has improved our relations. The State Department should step in; however, silence from them and the zero will be deafening. I bet they would welcome Ward Churchill with open arms.

Sonnabend
05-05-2009, 08:46 PM
What else can you expect from Londonistan?

expat-pattaya
05-05-2009, 09:04 PM
MS is eating this UP. Best PR he has had in years.

And I bet he has a legitimate defamation suit against England. We'll see.

marinejcksn
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
Wonder if the Great One will mention this? He always likes to pick on "weiner nation":D

Rockntractor
05-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Wonder if the Great One will mention this? He always likes to pick on "weiner nation":D
Great point! I record Mark Levin every day I'll have to listen to him later.

marinejcksn
05-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Great point! I record Mark Levin every day I'll have to listen to him later.

Downloading the podcast now! Levin kept me going out there in Iraq; I put the new show on my iPod daily and kept in the loop. I like the fact that his whole site is free, too many of the backbenchers charge money.

Celestron
05-06-2009, 02:12 AM
Downloading the podcast now! Levin kept me going out there in Iraq; I put the new show on my iPod daily and kept in the loop. I like the fact that his whole site is free, too many of the backbenchers charge money.

Same here....Like how Levin handles the moonbats when they call.

enslaved1
05-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Savage is a bit of a right wing moonbat, IMHO. He's interesting, and right about a lot of things, but often seems as interested in pushing people's buttons as anything else. Given his very outspoken opinions of islamofacists, and England's constant bending over backwards and otherwise for Muslims, his inclusion on the list is not surprising. I haven't listened to him since the announcement, but I'm sure he is loving every minute of it.

noonwitch
05-06-2009, 11:55 AM
He's going to hire lawyers who are first amendment experts to address an issue with the british governement? That doesn't sound like a great strategy to me.

He's an american citizen, with the full rights given that status within the US's borders. Britain doesn't have to let him enter, he is not born with that right.

Odysseus
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
He's going to hire lawyers who are first amendment experts to address an issue with the british governement? That doesn't sound like a great strategy to me.

He's an american citizen, with the full rights given that status within the US's borders. Britain doesn't have to let him enter, he is not born with that right.

Actually, the US and Britain have treaties that allow for the free passage of persons, so he does have that right. Britain can declare someone persona non grata, but they're substantially lowering the bar in this case, as they admit far more virulent figures, mostly Islamists, who explicitly incite violence.

On the plus side, Savage is in very good company. Aside from Geert Wilders, who was also denied entry on the same grounds (and who has shown some serious courage in standing up to the Islamists in a country where they tend to murder their opponents), the British have a long history of suppressing inconveniently prescient speakers, the most famous of which was Winston Churchill, who was banned from the BBC for eight years prior to WWII, as he tended to upset that nice Mr. Hitler and his ambassador by calling attention to all sorts of distasteful things that might have interfered with Mr. Chamberlain's efforts to form a lasting peace. Can't have that, you know.

Personally, given a choice between Gordon Brown, the mullahs and their enablers in New Labour or Geert Wilders and Winston Churchill, I know whose company I'd rather keep.