PDA

View Full Version : Roasted, smoked, bbqed ribs

patriot45
07-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Here is an easy way to cook delicious fall apart ribs without smoking for hours, tending the flame and stuff.

First off preheat oven to 300

Prepare rack of ribs by peeling off the membane on the back side and trimming excess fat.
Rub them good with your favorite rub, both sides.

Put ribs in a shallow baking pan and cover tightly with tinfoil.
Bake for 2 hours. Start checking them after about 1:45 you want the bones to start to stick out the ends.

While roasting, soak some hickory wood chunks. after an hour an a half goes by start your grill and get it good and hot. turn off one side and put the wood chunks in a tin foil pouch on the lit side.

Once it gets nice and smokey, put your ribs on the unlit side and slather with your favorite bbq sauce, cook for 1 hour, turning once. Now they are done!

I used Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce and for the rub I used grill mates cinnamon chipotle and pork rub mixed.

rubbed up

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/ok1.jpg

out of the oven

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/ok2.jpg

gotta have smoke

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/ok3.jpg

fall apart ribs!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/ribsx008.jpg

gator
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
This thread is unacceptable.

Oven ribs are a substitute for real ribs if you canít smoke them but why do it?

You live in a city where there are several good BBQ places within a 15-20 minute drive. Those guys that set up the stands along side the County Line Road turn out some pretty good smoked ribs. GrandPa Johnsonís BBQ is good. If you drive to Auburndale they have Peebles. Here in Brandon we have First Choice and Bad to the Bone, just to mention a few.

I see that I need to teach you a few things. Grilling is not BBQ. Cooking stuff in the oven with BBQ sauce is not BBQ. You have a lot to learn young man.

patriot45
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Hahahahahahaha! I cook every way you can imagine. Buy bbq? not if I can help it. At leastb I didnt boil them first.
We have a first Choice right next to my shop, they are good but cant hold a candle to my ribs!
Just for your last post I think Ill plank cook some ribs!lol.

Honestly, the reason I did them this way is because they looked so good in the Cuisine magazine, I had to see for myself.

Bonus: the house smells real good while they are roasting!:D

Tonite its lamb chops.

gator
07-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Honestly, the reason I did them this way is because they looked so good in the Cuisine magazine,

Pussy! You cook "BBQ" like a yankee, which is to say is piss poor.

Oven baked ribs lose a lot flavor. What you are tasting that is good is the BBQ sauce.

Putting a few wood chips on the grill does nothing to provide a smoke flavor to the meat. You smell the wood chips burning and you think you taste the smoke flavor but you don't. You need several hours of smoke contact to impart the flavor into the meat.

I think I am wasting my time teaching about BBQ ribs to a guy that gets his BBQ rib recipies from Cuisine Magazine. :rolleyes:

patriot45
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I am a Yankee!! :D Heck I get most of my recipes from Cuisine magazine.
Just for your crap, take this!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/plank010-1.jpg

gator
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I am a Yankee!! :D Heck I get most of my recipes from Cuisine magazine.
Just for your crap, take this!

You sure know how to hurt a guy.

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
We are making a good size rack of these right now Pat.

We don't have a smoker but I think we'll muddle thru somehow!!! :D

patriot45
05-30-2009, 07:07 PM
We are making a good size rack of these right now Pat.

We don't have a smoker but I think we'll muddle thru somehow!!! :D

If you liked the ones you had here, this is the way I made them. Don't worry about Gator :D He would scarf these down without thinking!

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 07:11 PM
If you liked the ones you had here, this is the way I made them. Don't worry about Gator :D He would scarf these down without thinking!

The oven just chimed and them bones are just showing as instructed!:cool:

The grill is ready! Going to use Sweet Baby Ray's Vidalia Onion BBQ Sauce tonight.
Wish me luck!

Oh, and V8 Bloody Mary's....at least for me. :D

patriot45
05-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Cool beans! We just grilled some NY strips and I made a onion mushroom pie! Good eats all around! :D

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Cool beans! We just grilled some NY strips and I made a onion mushroom pie! Good eats all around! :D

LOL!!! SLW said "showoff" :D

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Ribs are done! Time to eat soon! :D

patriot45
05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Ribs are done! Time to eat soon! :D

No leftovers! Wack em down and lick your lips!:D

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
No leftovers! Wack em down and lick your lips!:D

They are gone! Unlike SuperCrash. :D

They came out a little too dry but I'll adjust for that next time. We have two
more racks in the freezer. :cool:

patriot45
05-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Hehe, practice makes perfect! Keep that grill at 300 and keep basting and flipping, you can't leave the grill.
Well, only to grab another beer :D or bloody mary!

SarasotaRepub
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Hehe, practice makes perfect! Keep that grill at 300 and keep basting and flipping, you can't leave the grill.
Well, only to grab another beer :D or bloody mary!

They were baby back ribs, not as thick as the ones you made, I had the grill right at 300 but I should have cut the heat sooner. Live and learn :D

SaintLouieWoman
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
They tasted good. I usually put on a bit more sauce and SR prefers the dry rub. These were a combo----sauce put on during the grilling but the dry rub when it was baking in the oven first. I'm wondering if I should have put some liquid in the pan before they went on the grill.