PDA

View Full Version : Pope's address disappoints Muslim leaders

Rockntractor
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Pope's address disappoints Muslim leaders

May 9 09:58 AM US/Eastern
Share on Facebook

Pope Benedict XVI is greeted by worshippers outside the Our Lady of Peace C...

Jordanian clerics expressed disappointment that Pope Benedict XVI in an address to Muslim leaders on Saturday failed to offer a new apology for remarks seen as targeting Islam.

"We wanted him to clearly apologise," Sheikh Yusef Abu Hussein, mufti of the southern city of Karak, told AFP after the pope's address in Amman's huge Al-Hussein Mosque.

"What the pope said (in 2006) about the Prophet Mohammed is untrue. Islam did not spread through the power of sword. It's a religion of tolerance and faith," Hussein said.

The pope had in 2006 quoted a medieval Christian emperor who criticised some teachings of the Prophet Mohammed as "evil and inhuman."

The pontiff apologised at the time for the "unfortunate misunderstanding" but ahead of his visit to Jordan the kingdom's main opposition party, the Islamic Action Front, said the pope was not welcome unless he again apologised.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.2bd8acd3958f3504b0e198ea61d1c3d 0.4d1&show_article=1

Phillygirl
05-10-2009, 10:39 AM
We wanted him to clearly apologise," Sheikh Yusef Abu Hussein

Who do they think he is, Obama?

Rockntractor
05-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Who do they think he is, Obama?
Good one! He was supposed to bow and sniff their navels first.

CorwinK
05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. But you may hate a thing although it is good for you, and love a thing although it is bad for you. God knows, but you know not" (2:216).

Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

just 2 quotes from the Koran...ya its probably spelled wrong...to lead me not to care what muslim leaders think of what the pope says. Not saying that the bible doesnt have its provocative verses...but quite frankly, when their own book says shit like this...i really dont care if what I have to say (or the pope for that matter) is offensive.

Teetop
05-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Revelations

13:3 One of his heads looked like it had been wounded fatally. His fatal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled at the beast.

Modern terrorism.

And liberal leaders....

NJCardFan
05-10-2009, 11:41 PM
New rule for the entire community here(yeah, I'm a noob, get over it). From now on(and I'm stealing this from someone else in another forum), whenever there is a thread about Muslims being unhappy, please include this:

Muslim Outrage Over :::Shakes Magic 8-Ball::: <whatever the issue is>