PDA

View Full Version : Price increase in Postage Stamps

lacarnut
05-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Price of stamps go up from 42 to 44 cents Monday. However, you can use your 42 cents forever stamps without additional postage till you run out. The postal service has increased the price of stamps for the last 3years because of inefficency and bloated salaries resulting in deficits.

SaintLouieWoman
05-10-2009, 02:22 PM
We don't use stamps much, pay almost everything online. I bought some of those forever stamps a couple of weeks ago, which should last us quite a while.

Watching some of their employees "work" is like a study in slow motion, although the mailman in my old neighborhood was greyt. He'd have Rush or Hannity on his radio all the time and was extremely friendly. Of course, the mail delivery was rather erratic, because it depended how many people were out in their yards that day. Mike was quite a talker. :D

JenKay
05-10-2009, 11:02 PM
all my bills are also online. So i guess it wont effect me much other than my sunflower stamps go to waste:p

noonwitch
05-11-2009, 01:05 PM
I still use snail mail to pay my bills. I also like my carrier, she's a very nice person. One of my cousins worked for the post office until he retired a couple of years ago. It was a good job, and he worked in a rural area and really liked delivering the mail and driving his little truck around.

One of my friends' husbands worked at one of the Detroit post offices, in the city, until he retired a couple of years ago. All he ever did was bitch about his job, and now he has a permanent back injury from hauling mail around for 30 years. He was totally Cliff Clavin, in one regard-he stopped for drinks at the bars along his route. He was always complaining about how facist management was, yet he never got caught having drinks on the job. On the up side, his injuries prevent him from ever hitting my friend again. His drinking has also caused him some liver damage-she will outlive him and continue to receive his pension long after his death.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Get used to TWO increases per year from now on.

One for the regular first class stamps and a separate increase for parcels and things that compete with the other carriers like UPS and FedEx.

Rebel Yell
05-11-2009, 01:17 PM
We have two girls working in our post office. One of them, I know, was in a learning disable class in high school.

Jfor
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
I don't use the the post office anymore. I use fedex and ups only.

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
A year ago, I reported the bitch that was delivering mail to my house for making 2 deliveries per week. I would not get mail for 2 or 3 days and then whamo I would get 10 to 12 pieces of mail. The postal manager took her off this route and put her in the main office. I guess he could not fire her. Now, I get my mail 6 days a week anywhere from 10 in the am to 8 at night because I get pot luck not having a regular mailman.