PDA

View Full Version : Cheney: Obama endangers the nation

Rockntractor
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Cheney: Obama endangers the nation

By Sean Lengell (Contact) | Sunday, May 10, 2009
Article
Comments ( 5 )

Former Vice President Dick Cheney on Sunday continued his verbal attack against President Obama, saying that the country is more vulnerable to a potential terrorist attack since the Obama administration took power.

Mr. Cheney said that administration's dismantling of many of the policies and protections instituted by President George W. Bush after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks — including the planned closing of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp in Cuba and halting controversial prisoner interrogation techniques — have made the country more vulnerable to future attacks.

"That's my belief," Mr. Cheney said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "I think to the extent that those [Bush-era] policies were responsible for saving lives, that the administration is now trying to cancel those policies … means in the future we're not going to have the same safeguards we've had for the last eight years."
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/10/cheney-says-obama-endangers-nation/

lacarnut
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Good for Cheney and the nation; a lone voice in the wilderness.

Rockntractor
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Good for Cheney and the nation; a lone voice in the wilderness.
Dick cheney made the bush years bearable he is a good man. I would have much rather had him for president. I attribute most of Bushe's good decisions to him.

Lars1701a
05-10-2009, 10:03 PM
The former VP better watch out obama might literally throw him under the bus. :D

hazlnut
05-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Dick cheney made the bush years bearable he is a good man. I would have much rather had him for president. I attribute most of Bushe's good decisions to him.

Sometimes it's like watching people feverishly dig their own graves. You reach for the shovel and they take a swipe at you with it...

Dick Cheney was a corrupt vice president serving under what we now clearly know was the worst president in modern history. During the first term, Cheney was the de-facto president, making major policy decisions, manipulating intelligence to pressure the president into Iraq... Christ! Does anyone ever take a step back from their beloved GOP and say, Damn, that emperor is stark naked.

The only country Cheney was good for was Haliburiticstan...

Rockntractor
05-11-2009, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE=hazlnut;135511]Sometimes it's like watching people feverishly dig their own graves. You reach for the shovel and they take a swipe at you with it...

Dick Cheney was a corrupt vice president serving under what we now clearly know was the worst president in modern history. During the first term, Cheney was the de-facto president, making major policy decisions, manipulating intelligence to pressure the president into Iraq... Christ! Does anyone ever take a step back from their beloved GOP and say, Damn, that emperor is stark naked.

The only country Cheney was good for was Haliburiticstan...[/QUOTE
Weazlenuts you hate anything that is moral just and good.

AmPat
05-11-2009, 12:30 AM
[QUOTE=hazlnut;135511]Sometimes it's like watching people feverishly dig their own graves. You reach for the shovel and they take a swipe at you with it...How phophetic.:rolleyes:

Dick Cheney was a corrupt vice president Examples???

serving under what we now clearly know Who? Dingbats?

was the worst president in modern history. Says who, the Great and Powerful NUT?
During the first term, Cheney was the de-facto president, making major policy decisions, And you know this how?

manipulating intelligence to pressure the president into Iraq... Christ! More unsupported liberal talking points. You may as well write Blah, blah, blah. You're boring us.
Does anyone ever take a step back from their beloved GOP and say, Damn, that emperor is stark naked.Will Liberals ever develop their own arguments? :rolleyes:

You remind me of The Wizard of Oz. You know, the part where the scarecrow sings "If I Only Had a Brain?"

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Sometimes it's like watching people feverishly dig their own graves. You reach for the shovel and they take a swipe at you with it...

Cheney is not the main topic of this article. FYI, it's his opinion that Obama is endangering the nation with his policies, and that the country is more vulnerable to terrorist attacks since Obama took office. Even a loon like you should be concerned about that.

Bush kept us safe for 7 1/2 years; that did not happen by accident. I predict we will have a terrorist attack before the end of Obama's 1 term in office.

samurai
05-11-2009, 03:04 AM

What a bunch of BS. Carter (or possibly Clinton) was the worst President in modern history, and Cheney was in no way corrupt. He was heavily involved because he was the experienced one of the pair... you know, the same way Obama touted Biden's experience as sufficient to see his bumbling, inexperienced ass through the tough spots...

And Cheney is correct here, Obama's weakness and naivete have and will continue to be detrimental to our nation's safety, and eventually it'll bite him (and all of us) on the ass.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 06:25 AM
Please DICK, go back to the undisclosed location and STFU!:p

Me thinks he doth protest too much. What an ass.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Constitutionally Speaking
05-11-2009, 06:48 AM

You may disagree on the policy stuff, but as to corruption you are flat out making shit up.

What a crock of shit.

Cheny's dealing with Haliburton were absolutely spotless. He sold the stock UNDER PRESSURE from the left, THEN BECAUSE he sold it before the stock market tanked they accused him of insider trading.

I DARE you to come up with ANY legitimate claim he acted in any illegal or unethical way regarding Haliburton etc.

Everything, - again - EVERYTHING the left made up regarding this was a flat out lie. You fell for it.

05-11-2009, 06:58 AM

Dick Cheney was a corrupt vice president serving under what we now clearly know was the worst president in modern history.

That would be Jimmy Carter and now perhaps BO - Bush isn't at the top the list, but certainly not at the bottom.

manipulating intelligence to pressure the president into Iraq... Christ!

Sure he did. Proven false now by TWO congressional investigations AND one in Britain's Parliament.

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Please DICK, go back to the undisclosed location and STFU!:p

Me thinks he doth protest too much. What an ass.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I love seeing you thrash around when the beloved magic negro is (rightly) being ripped into.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 09:17 AM
I love seeing you thrash around when the beloved magic negro is (rightly) being ripped into.

Not as much as I love seeing you being a racist.

"Love" is perhaps not the right word. "have a morbid fascination with"--much better.:)

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 09:27 AM

"Love" is perhaps not the right word. "have a morbid fascination with"--much better.:)

No Love is the right word.

You don't know me so please fuck off and die and dont forget to have a nice day :)

Rockntractor
05-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Where were you when the real racist were on the board two days ago. I know that at least two of our pet liberals were logged in at the time. You are cowardly and like to throw that word around but are afraid to engage real racists. Go crawl back into your hole.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 10:21 AM
No Love is the right word.

You don't know me so please fuck off and die and dont forget to have a nice day :)

You're right, I don't know you personally. But unless someone else is using your computer...

I will never understand a Catholic voting for a pro-abortion Prez, its kinda of like how a vast majority of jews voted for the magic negro when he all but came out and said he would sell Israel down the river.

Well thanks to the magic negro separation of powers (at least concering the SC) is a thing of the past.

Then you sound like Lars the magic bigot to me.

Like most bigots(racists and homophobes), you probably secretly lust after that which you publicly hate. Therefor, I suggest you go find yourself a black stud to go down on. Have him wear a Jesse Jackson mask. I think it will be a cathartic experience for you.

Good luck and enjoy.:D

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
You're right, I don't know you personally. But unless someone else is using your computer...

Like most bigots(racists and homophobes), you probably secretly lust after that which you publicly hate. Therefor, I suggest you go find yourself a black stud to go down on. Have him wear a Jesse Jackson mask. I think it will be a cathartic experience for you.

You are funny lol They only person I lust after is a actress Christina chang(sp)? chick from Live free or die hard.
I made a vow never to use anything other then "magic negro" most times i have kept that vow.

So let me get this straight (no pun intended) if you dislike what gays are trying to get passed in this country it makes you a homophobe?

If you call Obama a nick name (like you and the left have done for 8 years to bush) you are a racist?
pal I like to push your buttons(and others on the left) thats why I call him the Magic Negro. Please dont say I dont push your buttons because if I didnt you would not have replied.

On Edit: I still dont see why calling him the magic negro is racist, heck most of his voters voted for him due to his color but thats ok?

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Hazlnut pls stop projecting your gay fantasizes onto me its a bit creepy. :confused::eek:

Since I really have not brought up my views on gays.

BadCat
05-11-2009, 10:42 AM

Are you insulted by the word "negro", asshat?

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
You are funny lol They only person I lust after is a actress Christina chang(sp)? chick from Live free or die hard.

I'm more in to Maggie Q.

On Edit: I still dont see why calling him the magic negro is racist, heck most of his voters voted for him due to his color but thats ok?

Well, heck, shucks, Gomer Pile... Instead of making racial remarks to push peoples buttons and spewing thin talking points, why not focus on coming up with legitimate criticisms of President Obama. It requires a little more critical thinking effort on your part, but down the road (2012) it might pay off.

BadCat
05-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm more in to Maggie Q.

Well, heck, shucks, Gomer Pile... Instead of making racial remarks to push peoples buttons and spewing thin talking points, why not focus on coming up with legitimate criticisms of President Obama. It requires a little more critical thinking effort on your part, but down the road (2012) it might pay off.

Perhaps you should vent your rage at the very liberal Los Angeles Times.
They were the ones who coined the term "Magic Negro".

Be sure to post your incoherent LTE here so we can laugh at you some more.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Perhaps you should vent your rage at the very liberal Los Angeles Times.
They were the ones who coined the term "Magic Negro".

Be sure to post your incoherent LTE here so we can laugh at you some more.

Get your facts straight before you go running off at the mouth. The L.A. Times did not coin the phrase.

It's a post-modern term for a character that appears in fiction and cinema. It refers to characters like Uncle Remus, Bagger Vance, and Morpheus. This term was used in an OP-ED piece in the L.A. times, then hijacked by Paul Shanklin and used in sarcastic-derogatory way in a song parody.

Keep laughing it up, Kitty Cat--you don't know what you're talking about and I just proved it.

Lars the Magic Bigot hears the word negro and drops his banjo giggling himself silly. "Him say negro,ma!" But he also doesn't have clue. Unless you're giving a lecture on African American roles in cinema or post-modern literary archetypes, then the term is being used as insult--with a heavy emphasis the archaic racist throwback use of the word negro.

Sorry, I know some of this is over your head, but I wanted be thorough when I explained that you didn't know what you were talking about when you opened your mouth. A practice you might want to avoid in the future.

05-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Get your facts straight before you go running off at the mouth. The L.A. Times did not coin the phrase.

It's a post-modern term for a character that appears in fiction and cinema. It refers to characters like Uncle Remus, Bagger Vance, and Morpheus. This term was used in an OP-ED piece in the L.A. times, then hijacked by Paul Shanklin and used in sarcastic-derogatory way in a song parody.

Keep laughing it up, Kitty Cat--you don't know what you're talking about and I just proved it.

Lars the Magic Bigot hears the word negro and drops his banjo giggling himself silly. "Him say negro,ma!" But he also doesn't have clue. Unless you're giving a lecture on African American roles in cinema or post-modern literary archetypes, then the term is being used as insult--with a heavy emphasis the archaic racist throwback use of the word negro.

Sorry, I know some of this is over your head, but I wanted be thorough when I explained that you didn't know what you were talking about when you opened your mouth. A practice you might want to avoid in the future.

Which SHOULD prove to you that it is NOT a racist term and when Rush first used this term (Shanklin came later) it was to point out that HE would be castigated for such a use of the term while the leftist would get a pass. That is EXACTLY what happened and you are proving Rush correct.

In the Shanklin song, (which was "commisioned by Rush) the sarcasm and derision was aimed at the columnist and those who fell into Rush's "trap". Those who listened to Rush knew he was MOCKING the racism of the left. You fell for the incomplete arrogant view the left put out, not the truth.

I think your words have come back to haunt you:

BadCat
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Yes, I've read the OP ED in the LATimes. I, and most people had never heard the term prior to the LATimes publishing it, so, as I said, they should take the responsibility for it.

And BTW, the word "negro" means "black". What is your fucking problem with that, nutsucker?

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes, I've read the OP ED in the LATimes. I, and most people had never heard the term prior to the LATimes publishing it, so, as I said, they should take the responsibility for it.

And BTW, the word "negro" means "black". What is your fucking problem with that, nutsucker?

The LA Times also posted stories like "Is Obama Black enough." CNN also got tired of calling Obama the Messiah and did a piece comparing him to Moses and the slaves in the south. Then when McCain run an ad with Charles Heston, all these racist liberals get their panties in a wad. Time magazine does a spread with fairy dust sprinkled over the Magic Negro's head. These are the facts rather than some ancient history Nut-sucker digs up.

Now that those dumb asses that voted for Obama because of "White Guilt" see that their taxes are going thru the roof and that he is going to fuck up everything, maybe they will vote this half white snake oil salesman out of office.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM

So... The L.A. times should take responsibility for a term they did not invent or coin because you had never heard it before. :confused::confused:

Run, Forest, Run...

BadCat
05-11-2009, 02:16 PM
So... The L.A. times should take responsibility for a term they did not invent or coin because you had never heard it before. :confused::confused:

Run, Forest, Run...

Yes, I know you're confused, moonbats always are.

Since the LATimes used the term in an attempt to put some gloss on their pig..

Like a comic-book superhero, Obama is there to help, out of the sheer goodness of a heart we need not know or understand. For as with all Magic Negroes, the less real he seems, the more desirable he becomes. If he were real, white America couldn't project all its fantasies of curative black benevolence on him.

and having you call Lars a racist because he uses the term is what is not making sense here. If you don't like the term, bitch to the LATimes.

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 02:19 PM

Run, Forest, Run...

They wrote the story. You are the only one that give a flying fuck where the term the "Magic Negro" orginated from.

BTW, I had never heard the term either. Must be all that liberal education you get in the Kool-Aid state.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Yes, I know you're confused, moonbats always are.

Since the LATimes used the term in an attempt to put some gloss on their pig..

and having you call Lars a racist because he uses the term is what is not making sense here. If you don't like the term, bitch to the LATimes.

No, shit for brains, the writer of the op-ed piece published in the L.A. times was being critical...

Again, you seem to believe the first time you see a word in print, that's where it originated...

Why would I bitch to the L.A. times about an Op-ed piece. Wouldn't I be better off writing to the author??:confused:

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Why would I bitch to the L.A. times about an Op-ed piece. Wouldn't I be better off writing to the author??:confused:

No, you would be better STFU cause everyone is laughing at your dumb ass for parching words.

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm more in to Maggie Q.

Well golly gee I could waste my time pointing out the blatantly obvious problems with the magic negros programs (well anyone with a IQ of 40 or more) should see them. Since you knell at the alter of Obama why should I waste my time?

Ask yourself this is it racist to vote for a man because he is black?

BadCat
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
No, shit for brains, the writer of the op-ed piece published in the L.A. times was being critical...

Again, you seem to believe the first time you see a word in print, that's where it originated...

You'd be better off inserting a Delayed Impingement Gas System up your ass to relieve the pressure on your poor little brain.

If you don't like the term "Magic Negro", cry all you want, write to whoever you want, but don't call us racists because one of your moonbat bibles used the term in an adulatory fashion regarding Hussien Obammy.

Hey, how about we call him the "Magic Mulatto"? That is more appropriate.

Lars1701a
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
You'd be better off inserting a Delayed Impingement Gas System up your ass to relieve the pressure on your poor little brain.

If you don't like the term "Magic Negro", cry all you want, write to whoever you want, but don't call us racists because one of your moonbat bibles used the term in an adulatory fashion regarding Hussien Obammy.

Like my Mother said when people say he is the first black President, he is the first mixed race president. Everyone forgets he is half white.

BadCat
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Like my Mother said when people say he is the first black President, he is the first mixed race president. Everyone forgets he is half white.

True.

And the only thing "magic" about him is this....

<BULLWINKLE MODE>
Hey America, watch me pull Socialism out of my ass
</BULLWINKLE MODE>

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Which SHOULD prove to you that it is NOT a racist term and when Rush first used this term (Shanklin came later) it was to point out that HE would be castigated for such a use of the term while the leftist would get a pass. That is EXACTLY what happened and you are proving Rush correct..

WTF does that mean...:confused::confused:

You got me there, Sparkly. Your logic is beyond my ability to respond.:rolleyes:

Run, Forest, run... Retard!

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 10:08 PM

No, better get used to calling him your president for the next eight years, ass clown!:p

BadCat
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
No, better get used to calling him your president for the next eight years, ass clown!:p

I'll never call the Magic Mulatto "president".

You can hold your breath and wait for me to do it, if you like.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Well golly gee I could waste my time pointing out the blatantly obvious problems with the magic negros programs (well anyone with a IQ of 40 or more) should see them. Since you knell at the alter of Obama why should I waste my time?

From what I hear, you've been doing a lot of kneeling lately. :eek:

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Dream on sucker! After the O taxes the shit out of everyone which includes all wage earners, you will be happy to get rid of this tyrant.

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Dream on sucker! After the O taxes the shit out of everyone which includes all wage earners, you will be happy to get rid of this tyrant.

I figured it out. 20th Century Fox produced Star Wars. Star Wars featured the Jedi Mind Trick. Sean Hannity has mastered it. "You will believe President Obama is raising your taxes."

Rockntractor
05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
I figured it out. 20th Century Fox produced Star Wars. Star Wars featured the Jedi Mind Trick. Sean Hannity has mastered it. "You will believe President Obama is raising your taxes."
He allready has on smokers. Or is that only smokers who make over 250,000 per year?

hazlnut
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
He allready has on smokers. Or is that only smokers who make over 250,000 per year?

Re: Smokers -- if you're intent on an early demise, the government just wants to get as much as they can before you check out. It's sound economic policy.;);)

BadCat
05-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Re: Smokers -- if you're intent on an early demise, the government just wants to get as much as they can before you check out. It's sound economic policy.;);)

Primarily at the expense of the "poor" and "undereducated" who are the people the magic mullatto claims he is working for.

AmPat
05-11-2009, 11:40 PM

Let me see if I have this straight. You lecture Lars for using "Magic Negro" yet you call him Lars the Magic Bigot . You affect a pseudo-intellectual style of writing, (trying way too hard by the way) throwing out words and phrases you heard somebody else say, all the while "educating" us poor backwards folk, too dumb to grasp simple concepts.

Personally I could care less about "cinema" since I usually watch "movies." Post modern" is normally a synonym for "crap", and "archetypes" suggests "villain" to me. But "Golly", I'm just a simple man trying to understand the plot of the Gilligan's Island episode I'm watching.

Does it occur to you that your snobbery is evident to all but you on this board? Your lecture to Lars is the height of hypocrisy when you insult others in nearly every post. Why don't you dissect and analyze your none-too- nuanced insult to southerners with the "banjo" remark?

Of course most of this is "over my head" because you limp-wristed liberal types all know you're so much more intelligent than us knuckle dragger mouth breathers. Why heck-fire, i reckun use cud fetch me some right smart lernin.:rolleyes:

lacarnut
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM

Naw, it will be a George Soris funded production produced by Michael Moore on PBS entitled "I am getting screwed with that high tax rate--Fuck you O." If you had shit for brains, you would know that a bunch of Democrat high rollers that contributed to his campaign are getting uneasy about higher taxes and the money not rolling in like prior to the campaign. Looks like the zero is going kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

samurai
05-12-2009, 03:07 AM

Do you know about the cap and trade boondoggle Obama is pushing? It will amount to the largest tax increase in American history.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/03/10/kerpen_cap_trade_obama/

Cap-and-Trade = The Biggest Tax Increase In U.S. History

By Phil Kerpen
Policy Director, Americans for Prosperity

President Obama opened his address to a joint session of Congress last month by saying “the economy is an issue that rises above all others.” By that standard, his key energy proposal fails badly. Obama’s proposed Kyoto-style cap-and-trade plan would be the biggest tax increase in American history. It would hit every American who fills a gas tank, pays an electric bill, or buys anything that has to be grown, shipped, or manufactured.

Cap-and-trade is a way to impose a massive energy tax and pretend it’s not a tax. It puts a cap on overall greenhouse gas emissions, and establishes a market for companies to buy and sell the permits. In Obama’s version, the permits would all be auctioned off and the hundreds of billions of dollars would be used to fund higher government spending.

The hardest hit will be those least able to pay: lower income families, who spend a disproportionate share of their income on energy.

The so-called cap-and-trade energy tax would, according to the president himself, force energy prices to go way up. In an unguarded moment, speaking to The San Francisco Chronicle last year, Obama said: “Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket… they would have to retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”

The economic impact of imposing these huge new costs on energy consumers would be devastating. Even using the Obama administration’s own numbers, it would amount to a tax hike of $645.7 billion over the first 8 years, over $80 billion per year.

But as the cap becomes more and more strict over time, those costs would skyrocket into the trillions of dollars.

Obama’s proposed 83 percent reduction below 2005 levels by 2050 dwarfs the proposal from last year’s Lieberman-Warner bill, which included a 63 percent reduction.

An analysis commissioned by the American Council on Capital Formation and the National Association of Manufacturers projected the economic impact of last year’s bill by 2030: 3 to 4 million fewer jobs, $4,022 to $6,752 in lower annual disposable income per household, an annual hit to GDP of between $631 billion and $669 billion, and much higher energy prices — 60 percent to 144 percent higher for gasoline and 77 percent to 129 percent higher for electricity.

These figures are all adjusted for inflation. The hardest hit will be those least able to pay: lower income families, who spend a disproportionate share of their income on energy. The Obama plan requires considerably steeper cuts and therefore will be even more expensive.

Much of the cap-and-trade tax revenue will be earmarked for the so-called Making Work Pay tax credit, worth $400 for a single-worker family and $800 for a two-worker family. So while the left hand offers $400 or $800, the right hand snatches $4,000 (or more) from the pockets of American families. Some deal.

This is not an unintended consequence of the plan–it’s the intended goal. President Obama made it plain as day when he said that he wants to give so-called renewable energies a market advantage. That requires stepping in with heavy taxes to dramatically raise the price of fossil fuels, which are much, much cheaper than renewables and are projected to remain so for a long time, especially since oil prices have come down sharply.

And what do we buy, environmentally, with this enormous hit to the economy? Basically, nothing. Cap and trade is already failing to reduce emissions in Europe. And even if emissions targets are met, climate models show that the reductions would have no detectable impact on global average temperatures. That’s why leading climate alarmists have hailed a Kyoto-style cap-and-trade regime as just the first step of 30 to curb global economic activity. There’s never a good time to embark down such a path, but it seems particularly hare-brained during an economic crisis.

And that’s not all, I urge you to also keep an eye on the Environmental Protection Agency. April 2nd marks the two-year anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Massachusetts v. EPA that found, on a 5-4 decision, that the EPA can shoehorn a cap and trade regime into the 1970 Clean Air Act, passed before anyone in Congress–or anywhere else–had even heard of global warming theory. EPA is likely to celebrate the anniversary by laying plans for moving ahead. Before Congress does anything else on this issue, they should pass a clean bill to stop the EPA and give us time to consider our policy through the proper democratic process.

No matter whether it’s through legislation or regulation, cap-and-trade would destroy the only bright spot in the current economic environment, low energy prices, and cause severe economic pain. Anyone who supports it can’t be serious about putting the economy first.

05-12-2009, 07:31 AM

You really have no concept of how taxes work do you.

The Cap and Trade will cost those same people who are getting a welfare check (in Obama's lexicon a tax break) and those who do see a reduction of taxes (all of $11 per week) - it will cost them THOUSANDS in increased heating costs and increased prices on consumer goods.

Worse yet, they will pay by sacrificing the jobs that would have otherwise been created.

05-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Shit, Samuri beat me to the CAP and TRADE issue.:o

05-12-2009, 07:41 AM
WTF does that mean...:confused::confused:

You got me there, Sparkly. Your logic is beyond my ability to respond.:rolleyes:

Obviously.

I will type VERY SLOWLY so you can understand.

You just went through the real explanation of "the magic negro" - showing that it is not a racist term.

Limbaugh saw a column in the LA Times where the author used the term in a manner that was pretty much akin to performing fellatio on Obama and postulated on air that if he used the term - all hell would break loose.

For that observation alone, all hell DID break loose, and the left castigated Rush for using such a "racist" term.

It ONLY became racist when Rush uttered the words. It was OK for the LA Times columnist to use it. Even though Rush ONLY used it in the context of pointing out the double standard, HE was the one accused of racism.

The Shanklin parody was soon conceived and played on Rush's show to mock the left's double standard.

hazlnut
05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Let me see if I have this straight. You lecture Lars for using "Magic Negro" yet you call him Lars the Magic Bigot . You affect a pseudo-intellectual style of writing, (trying way too hard by the way) throwing out words and phrases you heard somebody else say, all the while "educating" us poor backwards folk, too dumb to grasp simple concepts.

Personally I could care less about "cinema" since I usually watch "movies." Post modern" is normally a synonym for "crap", and "archetypes" suggests "villain" to me. But "Golly", I'm just a simple man trying to understand the plot of the Gilligan's Island episode I'm watching.

Does it occur to you that your snobbery is evident to all but you on this board? Your lecture to Lars is the height of hypocrisy when you insult others in nearly every post. Why don't you dissect and analyze your none-too- nuanced insult to southerners with the "banjo" remark?

Of course most of this is "over my head" because you limp-wristed liberal types all know you're so much more intelligent than us knuckle dragger mouth breathers. Why heck-fire, i reckun use cud fetch me some right smart lernin.:rolleyes:

Really? There's plenty of posts where I ask honest questions and get honest answers. Discussions that go on for pages with an honest exchange. It's when I take the contrarian pov (playing devil's advocate) in an attempt to better understand an issue, and I get called a liberal or a leftist. Yes, then I get a little cranky. It seems to be a crime to question something, a source, a policy, a candidate that is already accepted as conservative or Republican.

Remember the line from the film/movie/flick First Blood? (Rambo 1) -- "I didn't draw first blood, they did." If someone attacks me as a liberal just for criticizing or questioning something 'conservative' or seeiing the potential in something 'liberal' -- I will call them out on it--give them every opportunity to prove their point and admit when I'm wrong. But when the s*** goes south, and people make assumptions about me, I fire back.

I've been upfront about my opinion on 'Social Conservatism' and what I believe are traditional conservative fiscal principles. I've asked honest questions about the libertarian party and tried to see if that's where I belong.

If your problem with me is that a discussion got heated and I didn't pull any punches when chopping someone else off at the knees, then doesn't it take two to tango as they say?

Economics, public policy, politics, are way too complicated to paint everything either black or white. IMO.

AlmostThere
05-12-2009, 01:24 PM

AMEN to that. 18 years ago, during Desert Storm, Cheney gave daily briefings and I thought then what a good national leader he would be. Webster's should have his name as the definition of gravitas.

hazlnut
05-12-2009, 03:02 PM
The Shanklin parody was soon conceived and played on Rush's show to mock the left's double standard.

Thank you for clarifying your point--I do understand where you're coming from. But...

I think Rush got to have his cake and eat it to. He got to play a racist song parody with the title magic negro, let his audience revel in it, and then pretend he was mocking some non-existant double standard.

My reading of the L.A. times article is not a positive one. He's being facetious when comparing Obama to the MN archetypal character, almost mocking those that embrace him as such. As if the DNC produced exactly what white America would accept.

the point--you and I know this, but others throwing the term MN around are doing to get giggle out of 'negro' w/o saying the n-word.

BTW--My son thinks it's hysterical that several posters now use this term to get a rise out of me. He tried using is a few times, but felt stupid saying it. Maybe the reality is that in California, right of center seems far-left to people from other parts of the country.

IMO, you gain more by criticizing the President w/o using the word Negro. If it was so acceptable, then why doesn't Glenn Beck or Hannity throw it out more often. I don't think they believe it's an acceptable term.

One final question: Why did Shanklin produce the parody and send it out as a Christmas gift? To how many people in the GOP? And how did that work out for him? (I know that's 3 questions)

BadCat
05-12-2009, 03:06 PM
I've asked honest questions about the libertarian party and tried to see if that's where I belong.

No.
You do not belong there.

lacarnut
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Thank you for clarifying your point--I do understand where you're coming from. But...

I think Rush got to have his cake and eat it to. He got to play a racist song parody with the title magic negro, let his audience revel in it, and then pretend he was mocking some non-existant double standard.

My reading of the L.A. times article is not a positive one. He's being facetious when comparing Obama to the MN archetypal character, almost mocking those that embrace him as such. As if the DNC produced exactly what white America would accept.

the point--you and I know this, but others throwing the term MN around are doing to get giggle out of 'negro' w/o saying the n-word.

BTW--My son thinks it's hysterical that several posters now use this term to get a rise out of me. He tried using is a few times, but felt stupid saying it. Maybe the reality is that in California, right of center seems far-left to people from other parts of the country.

IMO, you gain more by criticizing the President w/o using the word Negro. If it was so acceptable, then why doesn't Glenn Beck or Hannity throw it out more often. I don't think they believe it's an acceptable term.

One final question: Why did Shanklin produce the parody and send it out as a Christmas gift? To how many people in the GOP? And how did that work out for him? (I know that's 3 questions)

I have got news for your Jack. I would never use the words Magic Negro in front of my many black friends that I used to work with because I treat them in the same way I would like to be treated. The Golden Rule thingy. I use Magic Negro to piss off whitey's like you. I would bet my bottom dollar Rush feels the same way; dumb ass liberals get their diapers in a wad and it is quite funny.

BTW, tune in at 5pm CST; you might learn something.