PDA

View Full Version : Teen charged with shoving senior off dock

LogansPapa
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
By Aaron Gouveia / Staff Writer
June 30, 2008 12:30 PM

FALMOUTH – A 14-year-old boy was arrested yesterday after he pushed a senior citizen off a dock because he "thought it would be funny," police said.

The North Falmouth teen – whose name was not released because he is a juvenile – was at Megansett Beach when the 2:20 p.m. incident occurred. Police said the boy ran up behind the 71-year-old victim, who was fishing off the dock with his grandson, and pushed him off the dock and into the ocean.

The man suffered lacerations to both knees and lost his prescription glasses, police said.

Although the boy fled into the woods by the Talk of the Town Diner, several people at the beach knew his identity and immediately called police.

Once arrested, the boy was allowed to make one phone call. Police said he chose to call a friend to "brag and laugh" about what he had done. police said.

The boy was held on $1,000 cash bail and transferred to a secure facility in New Bedford. Police said he will be arraigned today in Falmouth District Court.

Read more about this story in tomorrow’s Cape Cod Times.

http://www.capecodonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080630/NEWS11/80630013

Gingersnap
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
At least the victim knew how to swim which is more than you say about most 14 year olds.

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Reminds me of the ending of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. :D

Goldwater
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
At least the victim knew how to swim which is more than you say about most 14 year olds.

That kid should get some belt love.

jendf
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Drop him in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and let him swim home. That's what I would do.

Vepr
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
That kid is too old for a spanking. He needs an ass kicking.

Phillygirl
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow. If that were my son (God forbid) his butt would stay in jail until he was 18. Then he'd be on his own.

lacarnut
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM

A razor strap would work on his bare ass.

The kid could also be a distant Kennedy relative.

asdf2231
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
They need to haul him down to the local nursing home and make him run the cane and walker gauntlet!

linda22003
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM

When's the last time anyone saw a razor strop? I remember my grandfather using one, but I'll bet lots of people here have never seen a razor strop.

jendf
07-03-2008, 10:31 AM
When's the last time anyone saw a razor strop? I remember my grandfather using one, but I'll bet lots of people here have never seen a razor strop.

I would occasionally accompany my father to the barber shop. They used them there.

CLibertarian
07-03-2008, 10:37 AM
That kid should get some belt love.

The kid could also be a distant Kennedy relative.

Thanks to our wonderful Hitlery's Village, parents have been terrorized into not spaking or even punishing children in ways that would have mitigated such callous behavior. The younger parents have been endoctrinated into thinking that holding their children accountable for any bad behavior is wrong. He's still a juvenile which will probably keep him from being appropriately punished on a legal level too.

CLibertarian
07-03-2008, 10:38 AM
They need to haul him down to the local nursing home and make him run the cane and walker gauntlet!

That's justice of the poetic kind.

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 10:42 AM

My dad used to shave with a straight razor and used the strap to sharpen it; he whipped by butt with it once.

CLibertarian
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
My dad used to shave with a straight razor and used the strap to sharpen it; he whipped by butt with it once.

What, you didn't tell a teacher or doctor so that he could be accused of abuse?:rolleyes:

I'll bet that you didn't repeat whatever you did to receive that punishment, did you?;)

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 11:07 AM
What, you didn't tell a teacher or doctor so that he could be accused of abuse?:rolleyes:

I'll bet that you didn't repeat whatever you did to receive that punishment, did you?;)

Nope; back then a teacher or the police would have told me I deserved it. In high school, we had a coach that would whip the kids with a thick 2' long paddle with a handle that he would grip with both hands.

My dad caught me playing a pinball machine that paid off. He hated gambling worse than any Baptist preacher because his father was addicted to betting on the ponies when he was a kid. I did not play one for many years after that.

LibraryLady
07-03-2008, 11:13 AM

My grandfather's strop hung in the kitchen for years. About a month ago my Mom asked me if I wanted it as a remebrance. It was never used on me but I saw him sharpen his razor many times. I turned her down.She has his soap cup also.

linda22003
07-03-2008, 11:14 AM
My grandfather's strop hung in the kitchen for years. About a month ago my Mom asked me if I wanted it as a remebrance. It was never used on me but I saw him sharpen his razor many times. I turned her down.She has his soap cup also.

I used to watch my grandfather shave himself with a long straight razor. Watching him go up the inside of the throat gave me the willies.

CLibertarian
07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
I used to watch my grandfather shave himself with a long straight razor. Watching him go up the inside of the throat gave me the willies.

Back in those days, if a fellow didn't trust himself or others with a straight razor, I'm almost certain those were the guuys that had beards.:D

linda22003
07-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Nether my father nor my grandfather ever had any facial hair at all. My father shaved every day, even under fire from the Japanese. If I were a man, I would think I'd grow something once, just out of curiosity, but they never did!

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
On a vaguely related note: I really dislike the three day stubble look. Grow something masculine (not a "soul patch") or shave but don't walk around with stubble.

In the summer I have to make Mr. Snaps shave twice a day. That stubble burns!

LibraryLady
07-03-2008, 02:06 PM
On a vaguely related note: I really dislike the three day stubble look. Grow something masculine (not a "soul patch") or shave but don't walk around with stubble.

In the summer I have to make Mr. Snaps shave twice a day. That stubble burns!

I hate the stubble look. Johnny Depp looks dirty to me. And the last American Idol winner? Yuck!
I guess we are in the minority though:

Why women prefer stubble (http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/world/265021/why-women-prefer-stubble.html)

The myth that women prefer their men clean-cut has been blown out the water by new research saying that stubble on a man is much more attractive.

Clean-shaven men like Jude Law and David Beckham should take note after a poll of British women voted men with stubbly chins as tough, mature, aggressive, dominant and masculine.

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 02:11 PM
I hate the stubble look. Johnny Depp looks dirty to me. And the last American Idol winner? Yuck!
I guess we are in the minority though:

Why women prefer stubble (http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/world/265021/why-women-prefer-stubble.html)

I saw that poll but I believe all those women were drunks or something. Say! We should make this a new topic with a poll. Are you up for creating it?

megimoo
07-03-2008, 04:24 PM

The kid could also be a distant Kennedy relative.Man what a memory.Those things sure would make your little butt smoke a bit and they are actually called Razor Strops .

The Well Shaved Gentleman ,Originators of Latigo and Vegan Friendly Strops !

MstrBlue
07-03-2008, 06:29 PM

I have one!
Of course, while I do also have a straight razor, and have used the strop for honing it...
I prefer the strop for ... other uses. :D

And in that light, I whole-heartedly endorse it's use on this 14-year -old!
Just the sight of it makes my children shudder!

And no, I have NEVER used it on the children...

Shannon
07-03-2008, 07:45 PM
And no, I have NEVER used it on the children...

I'm sorry to hear that.

MstrBlue
07-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear that.

:D:D
I have never HAD to use it on them!
They respond to the fact that they know I have it!

CLibertarian
07-04-2008, 09:27 AM
:D:D
I have never HAD to use it on them!
They respond to the fact that they know I have it!

My dad had a leather belt. He would fold it in half and snap it before using it on us. It didn't happen often but, I deserved it every time. My brother got it more often. He was the self-absorbed type that thought that rules didn't apply to him. He's now a "professional" musician. Need I say more.

Shannon
07-04-2008, 09:30 AM
My dad had a leather belt. He would fold it in half and snap it before using it on us. It didn't happen often but, I deserved it every time. My brother got it more often. He was the self-absorbed type that thought that rules didn't apply to him. He's now a "professional" musician. Need I say more.

OMG! That's exactly what my dad did. The snapping of the belt was worse than the actual spanking!:eek:

LibraryLady
07-04-2008, 09:31 AM
My Mom had a thin plastic belt that she used to spank me with - often. When I had my children she offered it to me. I told her loudly NO. I didn't spank and my kids turned out a hell of a lot better than I did.

CLibertarian
07-05-2008, 08:59 AM
My Mom had a thin plastic belt that she used to spank me with - often. When I had my children she offered it to me. I told her loudly NO. I didn't spank and my kids turned out a hell of a lot better than I did.

As much of a self-absorbed person as my brother is, he still says that he's glad that Dad spanked as often as he did because, he would have ended up in alot more trouble if he hadn't. He didn't fear or respect the authorities but, he did respect and fear Dad. Without a spanking to occassionally recalibrate his attitude, he could have easily been a teen that pushed elderly people off of docks like the teen in the OP.

My brother would never have responded positively to any softball approach. It would have only been his opportunity to manipulate whoever was around him at the time.