PDA

View Full Version : "Obama Breaks With Gates,Begins Dismantling our Nuclear Arsenal."

megimoo
05-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Obama Breaks With Gates, Cancels Nuke Program (Effectively begins dismantling of Nuclear Arsenal)
.............................Obama is in the process of Disarming America !

Obama's new budget plan includes a little-noted sea change in U.S. nuclear policy, and a step towards his vision of a denuclearized world.

It provides no funding for the Reliable Replacement Warhead program, created to design a new generation of long-lasting nuclear weapons that don't need to be tested. (The military is worried that a nuclear test moratorium in effect since 1992 might endanger the reliability of an aging US arsenal.) But this spring Obama issued a bold call for a world free of nuclear weapons, and part of that vision entails leading by example. That means halting programs that expand the American nuclear stockpile. For the past two budget years the Democratic Congress has refused to fund the Bush-era program. But Obama's budget kills the National Nuclear Security Administration program once and for all.

"My colleagues just stared at that line," says Joe Cirincione, a longtime nonproliferation expert and president of the Ploughshares Fund.

"They had never seen anything like that." Killing the program, he said, was "the first programmatic impact of the new [zero nukes] policy. People have said they want to see more than words, this is the very first action." Here's the relevant language from Obama's budget explaining the thinking behind the move:

In the upcoming year, NNSA will participate in the national debate to lay out a vision for our nationís nuclear security and non-proliferation goals.

This vision is based on the reality that nuclear security is not just about warheads and the size of the stockpile. The vision emphasizes that we must increase our focus on nuclear security and transforming the Cold War nuclear weapons complex into a 21st century national security enterprise.

We must ensure our evolving strategic posture places the stewardship of our nuclear arsenal, nonproliferation programs, missile defenses, and the international arms control objectives into one comprehensive strategy that protects the American people and our allies.

One particularly interesting angle here: Obama has overruled his secretary of defense, Robert Gates, who has been pushing for months to maintain the warhead program. Last October, Gates warned that

"[t]o be blunt, there is absolutely no way we can maintain a credible deterrent and reduce the number of weapons in our stockpile without resorting to testing our stockpile or pursuing a modernization program."

But even though "modernization" has now been halted, Obama will almost certainly not resume nuclear testing. So one has to presume Gates is not a happy camper on this score.
http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2009/05/12/obama-breaks-with-gates-cancels-nuke-program.aspx

BadCat
05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Gates is not a happy camper on this score.

Yeah, but I know some people who are.

Rockntractor
05-12-2009, 09:38 PM
I think I'll learn Chinese.

Zathras
05-13-2009, 02:40 AM
Wow, what a surprise....while China and Russian are rebuilding and modernising their militaries, America is dismantling hers. Seems to be a trademark of Democratic administrations....saw it with Carter, Clinton and now The Obumbler.

samurai
05-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Wow, what a surprise....while China and Russian are rebuilding and modernising their militaries, America is dismantling hers. Seems to be a trademark of Democratic administrations....saw it with Carter, Clinton and now The Obumbler.

That's ok, he's sure that appeasement will work, since he's such a great diplomat. All he has to do is give the Chinese and Russians a grovelling apology for the evils of America and a bunch of region 1 DVDs of Meryl Streep movies, and they'll be eating out of his hand...

lacarnut
05-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Gates gets thrown under the bus. What a surprise. Not. Disarmament shows weakness which equals another terrorist attack on the US. Democratic hacks like Carter, Clinton, Obummer never learn.

Zathras
05-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Gates gets thrown under the bus. What a surprise. Not. Disarmament shows weakness which equals another terrorist attack on the US. Democratic hacks like Carter, Clinton, Obummer never learn.

And the American people will suffer because of it. Because of The Obumbler's actions, I fear that we will be hit again within the next 3 and a half years with an act of terrorism that will make the WTC pale in comparison.

lacarnut
05-13-2009, 02:21 PM
And the American people will suffer because of it. Because of The Obumbler's actions, I fear that we will be hit again within the next 3 and a half years with an act of terrorism that will make the WTC pale in comparison.

I think you are right. If I lived in the NYC area, I would be concerned. Oh well, most of them stupid shits voted for the Magic Negro and support his actions so what can I say.:confused:

ReaganForRus
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

and blame Bush for the attack:(

megimoo
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
I think you are right. If I lived in the NYC area, I would be concerned. Oh well, most of them stupid shits voted for the Magic Negro and support his actions so what can I say.:confused:
He also canceled funding for a series of A.B.C sensors in NYC area .Now Abdul and his forty
suicide bombers can release any Satan bugs they want in Times square or the Subway .
This book describes what could happen to NYC in an Bacteriological attack and how easy it would be !

Cobra Event:An Engineered Virus with Gene Splicing and Sufficient Surface Amino Acids to Evolve And Propagate !Fatal in three days and spreads by microscopic airborne fluid droplets present in respiration !
References:
^ "Where Terrorism Meets Optimism", Margo Nash, New York Times, 24 Nov 2002
"President Bill Clinton asked the F.B.I. to determine whether the events described in The Cobra Event could really happen."
^ Fatal Future?: Transnational Terrorism and the New Global Disorder, p. 117, footnote 2, which cites "U.S. Still Unprepared for Biological Attack", Dallas Morning News, April 26, 1998, and says
"...Clinton's reading of Preston's novel reportedly led Clinton to issue an executive order directing drastically increased funding for research on the threat of advanced biological terrorist weapons."
^ "Germs: Biological Weapons and America's Secret War. (Political booknotes: plague upon us)", Washington Monthly, 1 Nov 2001; review of Germs written by Judith Miller, Stephen Engelberg, and William Broad, 2001.
"Clinton began pushing the book on friends and fellow government officials, including House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and had Pentagon officials brief him on its plausibility. The response he got was not reassuring. From then on, in the words of one national security official, Clinton became "obsessed" with the threat of biological weapons."
^ Our Cannibals, Ourselves, Priscilla L. Walton, p. 157, footnote 8

"According to [Judith] Miller et al., President Clinton was so struck by the scenario depicted in The Cobra Event that he asked John Hamre, deputy secretary of defense, "whether he thought the novel's scenario was plausible. Could a terrorist unleash an unstoppable plague with designer pathogens?" (226). Subsequently, a committee was struck to investigate bioterrorist scenarios."

^ Terrorism: Critical Concepts in Political Science, David C. Rapoport, p. 186
"In April 1998, as a result of having read the Richard Preston novel, The Cobra Event, the president held a meeting with a group of scientists and Cabinet members to discuss the threat of bioterrorism. The briefing impressed Clinton so much that he asked the experts to brief senior officials in DOD and HHS. On May 6 they delivered a follow-up report, calling for the stockpiling of vaccines (an idea that was soon dropped.) The Washington Post reported with regard to the stockpiling proposal that 'Some administration officials outside the White House expressed surprise at how fast the president and his National Security Council staff had moved on the initiative .... noting with some concern that it had not gone through the customary deliberative planning process.' [11] Critics noted that not all scientific experts were disinterested; some stood to gain financially if the government invested large sums in developing technology against bioterrrorism."
Note 11, above, is to Washington Post, 21 May 1998, p. A1.
^ Furedi, F. (2007). Invitation to Terror. Expanding the Empire of the Unknown. London: Continuum.

lacarnut
05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
What does a community organizer know about terrorism or nukes. A community organizer and his Chicago thugs know how to intimidate and strong arm a private business like the auto companies, banks and fire the CEO and tell them how to run their business. Additionally, the states are being told how they can spend their stimulus money. The Magic Negro thinks that he can be buddy, buddy with our enemies, and that they will turn from their wicked ways and not try to kill us. This idiot is a fool.

BadCat
05-13-2009, 04:35 PM
What does a community organizer know about terrorism or nukes. A community organizer and his Chicago thugs know how to intimidate and strong arm a private business like the auto companies, banks and fire the CEO and tell them how to run their business. Additionally, the states are being told how they can spend their stimulus money. The Magic Negro thinks that he can be buddy, buddy with our enemies, and that they will turn from their wicked ways and not try to kill us. This idiot is a fool.

Wonder if they'll go after Chicago next time?
They've wanted the Sears Tower for some time. Next time, I think they'll get it, and more.

Zathras
05-14-2009, 04:06 AM

Hell, I live in San Jose Calif. and I'm concerned. Anyone who lives in a major metro area anywhere in the US is, in my opinion, is in the target area of the next attack. The next attack will hit multiple cities all across the US.

megimoo
05-14-2009, 02:54 PM
You sound as though you think that Carter and Clinton wanted only the best for America ?In the real world that is the last thing on their minds.With Carter he always had a very high opinion of his intelligence and his diplomatic skills but his track record shows otherwise . He is an arrogant buffoon at diplomacy who will never understand the real world and how it really works !Clinton on the other hand was always looking to make some kind of deal in exchange for Americas favors !

I once read of a justification of the thinking behind Clinton's help to The Chinese in solving their missile launch problems and thereby enabling they to launch ICBMs at us.The reasoning went something like this 'If we help them they will have to sign the Nuclear treaty and be regulated '!
The reasoning is typical LIB_Think and off the wall but that is how some of these 'birds' actually think !

Japandroid
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Wonder if they'll go after Chicago next time?
They've wanted the Sears Tower for some time. Next time, I think they'll get it, and more.
That's not a very nice thing to say.

lacarnut
05-14-2009, 05:32 PM

Neither were the terrorist that blew up the Twin Towers, Pentagon, etc. etc. I don't want to be nice to the terrrorists; I want to kill the SOB's. Obama wants to talk to them.

megimoo
05-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Neither were the terrorist that blew up the Twin Towers, Pentagon, etc. etc. I don't want to be nice to the terrrorists; I want to kill the SOB's. Obama wants to talk to them.The only way to talk to them is when they are dead and laying in front of you in pieces,HellFires are nice ! !

lacarnut
05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
The only way to talk to them is when they are dead and laying in front of you in pieces,HellFires are nice ! !

Coddling them like the dumb ass Democrats do will not win them over. Sending them to meet all those virgins in the sky will.

Japandroid
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Neither were the terrorist that blew up the Twin Towers, Pentagon, etc. etc. I don't want to be nice to the terrrorists; I want to kill the SOB's. Obama wants to talk to them.

Yea but BadCat was rooting for them to obliterate the 3rd largest city and agriculture epicenter of the United States. That's 1) not very nice, because those people shouldn't be condemned to death by voting for Obama and 2) pretty stupid, because losing Chicago wouldn't be good for the ol' USA.

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Yea but BadCat was rooting for them to obliterate the 3rd largest city and agriculture epicenter of the United States. That's 1) not very nice, because those people shouldn't be condemned to death by voting for Obama and 2) pretty stupid, because losing Chicago wouldn't be good for the ol' USA.

I have to disagree with your interpretation of what Bad Cat stated; I do not think any sane US citizen is rooting for the terrorists to blow up any building or bomb any city in the US. He was just stating a fact that Chicago and the tower would be a prime target of the terrorists. He might have been taking a jab at Obama but in my opinion, no conservative in their right mind would want that to happen. I take jabs at the liberal loonies in blue states but I don't want any harm to come to them because in the process a few conservtives might be harmed.:eek::)

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 01:13 AM
It's impossible to speculate what targets terrorists may be eying in the states (if they are indeed interested in an attack on the homeland again).

Of course, there are reasons why none of the most talked about potential targets are below the Mason-Dixon line...

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 02:13 AM
It's impossible to speculate what targets terrorists may be eying in the states (if they are indeed interested in an attack on the homeland again).

Of course, there are reasons why none of the most talked about potential targets are below the Mason-Dixon line...

Do you have shit for brains or were you born that dumb.

The Port of Fourchon below Baton Rouge handles 20% of all the crude oil the US uses each day. 1.5 millions barrels are pumped from offshore to this 700 acre facility and is very high on the DHS list of terrorist targets. Baton Rouge has the second largest refinery in the US. Our sister state (TX) has the largest. Fort Knox KY (that's in the south for your info) is another target. I could go on but I just proved you are nothing but a dumb ass liberal yankee.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I can see that your stay is going to be short here.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-15-2009, 08:25 AM

Nice or not, it is what the Democrats keep setting us up for. They make it VERY easy for these types of things to happen.

They cut intelligence funding.

They put ridiculous restrictions on who we can talk to when gathering intelligence.

They tip off our enemies as to the methods we use to track them.

They tip them off as to how we question them.

They help recruit more terrorists with the blown out of proportion things like abu grahib.

They give rights to terrorists that even our own citizens did not have prior to the recent court decisions.

They hamstring our domestic security agencies by disallowing cooperation between various security agencies.

THOSE are not only not nice - they are DEADLY - and YOU support those people who have done such things.

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 01:59 PM
What you're saying just doesn't hold up when you look at the past 20 years of American History. There have been 2 major terror attacks perpetrated by Islamic extremists on American soil in the past 20 years. Republican presidents have failed twice in a row at protecting the United States, if really blame can be laid on the president for such a thing happening.

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 02:05 PM
What you're saying just doesn't hold up when you look at the past 20 years of American History. There have been 2 major terror attacks perpetrated by Islamic extremists on American soil in the past 20 years. Republican presidents have failed twice in a row at protecting the United States, if really blame can be laid on the president for such a thing happening.

See post #22. You are a lying yankee liberal troll. If you throw shit around, you have to back it up.

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 02:11 PM

The Port of Fourchon below Baton Rouge handles 20% of all the crude oil the US uses each day. 1.5 millions barrels are pumped from offshore to this 700 acre facility and is very high on the DHS list of terrorist targets. Baton Rouge has the second largest refinery in the US. Our sister state (TX) has the largest. Fort Knox KY (that's in the south for your info) is another target. I could go on but I just proved you are nothing but a dumb ass liberal yankee.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I can see that your stay is going to be short here.

Congrats, the south is tied to a gold standard that died almost 40 years ago and a soon-to-be-outdated form of energy. Rock on.

BadCat
05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Who left the door open and let all the fucking moonbats in?

AlmostThere
05-15-2009, 03:09 PM

90 miles to the east is a hugely important port in the U.S.. That, and if the mouth of the Mississippi was closed, that would have a major impact.

Just today I was watching Modern Marvels on the History channel. The topic was oil and the things it's used in making. Does this idiot realize how many products we rely on that has oil as a substantial component?

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Congrats, the south is tied to a gold standard that died almost 40 years ago and a soon-to-be-outdated form of energy. Rock on.

I see, you are one of those idiot greenies that believe in global warming and that solar, wind and Ethanol will replace fossil. Wrong, 100's of products are made from crude. Ethanol is a joke because it takes almost as much energy to cook the corn as a gallon of the end product. If the government did not subsize and place a tax on imported Ethanol, US mfg.'s would go out of business. Solar is not only expensive but takes up large areas of land. Wind is expensive also and brownouts will happens when the wind does not blow. Government financial subsidizes are required to keep these companies afloat. Infrastructure is also a huge problem for any of those greenie products. Green energy accounts for around 2%. In 50 years, crude, natural gas and coal will still account for more than 50%. Dream on sucker.

Liberals like you are opposed to nuke plants. The French get 3/4 of their power from that source. Did you know that? You are one of the dumbest shits on this board because you can not defend your position. You make a one sentence statement. What's the matter, the cat got your tongue. Sounds like you need to go back to school to get another shit pot full of your yankee liberal education because you have not provided any information on how oil and gas industry is going to be phased out in the future. Like I said before, if shit was brains, you would not get a smell.

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
90 miles to the east is a hugely important port in the U.S.. That, and if the mouth of the Mississippi was closed, that would have a major impact.

Just today I was watching Modern Marvels on the History channel. The topic was oil and the things it's used in making. Does this idiot realize how many products we rely on that has oil as a substantial component?

Not to mention that 30% of the seafood comes from the G.O.M. A huge amount of commerce passes thru the Port of N.O. and Port of Baton Rouge. I forgot to mention, the hundreds of underground natural gas pipelines that probably keep this stupid shit warm in the winter. The large ships have to be unloaded in Baton Rouge because the old Mississippi Bridge is too low for them to pass under. No, this idiot does not realize the importance of these ports. He, she, it, does not have a clue. Just a dumb ass liberal spouting off.

Rebel Yell
05-15-2009, 03:43 PM

Yeah, it's called "We have guns and know how to use them." Hell, I can shoot a redbug off a ticks ass at 100 yards.

In all seriousness, just another perk of living in flyover territory. Except ATL, you know the CDC?

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I see, you are one of those idiot greenies that believe in global warming and that solar, wind and Ethanol will replace fossil. Wrong, 100's of products are made from crude. Ethanol is a joke because it takes almost as much energy to cook the corn as a gallon of the end product. If the government did not subsize and place a tax on imported Ethanol, US mfg.'s would go out of business. Solar is not only expensive but takes up large areas of land. Wind is expensive also and brownouts will happens when the wind does not blow. Government financial subsidizes are required to keep these companies afloat. Infrastructure is also a huge problem for any of those greenie products. Green energy accounts for around 2%. In 50 years, crude, natural gas and coal will still account for more than 50%. Dream on sucker.

Liberals like you are opposed to nuke plants. The French get 3/4 of their power from that source. Did you know that? You are one of the dumbest shits on this board because you can not defend your position. You make a one sentence statement. What's the matter, the cat got your tongue. Sounds like you need to go back to school to get another shit pot full of your yankee liberal education because you have not provided any information on how oil and gas industry is going to be phased out in the future. Like I said before, if shit was brains, you would not get a smell.

Because oil eventually will have to be phased out. It's simply a matter of time that has nothing to do with the green movement fad. One day we will run out of oil, but before then scarcity will become an issue and the price will be too high to justify it's continued use.

Americans are smart people, ingenuity has always bailed us out when times get rough. My guess an alternative fuel product that is feasible and cost-effective (possibly even good for the environment) will come out of America and things will be great!

We have commissioned new nuclear plants that will break ground in 2009, I couldn't be happier about that.

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it's called "We have guns and know how to use them." Hell, I can shoot a redbug off a ticks ass at 100 yards.

In all seriousness, just another perk of living in flyover territory. Except ATL, you know the CDC?

Atlanta, Austin, D/FW, Houston... there are bastions of value in that sea of worthlessness.

AlmostThere
05-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Not to mention that 30% of the seafood comes from the G.O.M. A huge amount of commerce passes thru the Port of N.O. and Port of Baton Rouge. I forgot to mention, the hundreds of underground natural gas pipelines that probably keep this stupid shit warm in the winter. The large ships have to be unloaded in Baton Rouge because the old Mississippi Bridge is too low for them to pass under. No, this idiot does not realize the importance of these ports. He, she, it, does not have a clue. Just a dumb ass liberal spouting off.

Which Miss. River bridge is too low?

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Which Miss. River bridge is too low?

The old Huey P Long bridge US 190 that is a few miles up river from the I-10 bridge.

Japandroid
05-15-2009, 04:31 PM
lacarnut, you got all bent out of shape when I ignored you once. Now, let's practice what we preach little guy.

AlmostThere
05-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Atlanta, Austin, D/FW, Houston... there are bastions of value in that sea of worthlessness.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Arguably, the busiest airport in the world.
Dell Computers in Red Rock / Austin.
Houston is the mega-center of the oil business in America.
All very inconsequential cities. :rolleyes:

Dallas/Fort Worth has the Cowboys. Maybe he's right on that one. :eek:

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Because oil eventually will have to be phased out. It's simply a matter of time that and has nothing to do with the green movement fad. One day we will run out of oil, but before then scarcity will become an issue and the price will be too high to justify it's continued use.

Americans are smart people, ingenuity has always bailed us out when times get rough. My guess an alternative fuel product that is feasible and cost-effective (possibly even good for the environment) will come out of America and things will be great!

We have commissioned new nuclear plants that will break ground in 2009, I couldn't be happier about that.

When, where and what will replace fossil fuels. We have tons of natural gas. The price is 3 or 4 times cheaper than some of these other greenie fuels that liberals are touting.

BTW, did not Jimmy Carter state, while this idiot was Prez, that the US would be free of foreign oil? I don't think his and your crystal ball is working too well because that been almost 30 years ago and we are importing far greater amounts of oil today.

Where is a nuke plant breaking ground this year? If you say the planned one in CA, it will never happen because the environmental nuts will stop it. If you say Japan, who gives a shit!

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 04:45 PM
lacarnut, you got all bent out of shape when I ignored you once. Now, let's practice what we preach little guy.

Hemorrhoids is a troll and a dumb one at that.

AlmostThere
05-15-2009, 04:53 PM
The old Huey P Long bridge US 190 that is a few miles up river from the I-10 bridge.

The Huey P in New Orleans? I was born and raised in N'Awlins, spent a good amount of time in Southwest LA (Lafayette area), but don't know a lot about B.R.'s layout. What's your top speed going across the Atchafalaya Basin? I hit 120 in a 1980 Trans Am, before throwing a rod. :cool:

lacarnut
05-15-2009, 05:17 PM
The Huey P in New Orleans? I was born and raised in N'Awlins, spent a good amount of time in Southwest LA (Lafayette area), but don't know a lot about B.R.'s layout. What's your top speed going across the Atchafalaya Basin? I hit 120 in a 1980 Trans Am, before throwing a rod. :cool:

Oopps, I forgot there is a Huey P Long bridge in New Orleans and one in the northern part of Baton Rouge. They have plenty of wrecks on that Atchafalaya bridge; the cops are like flies because that stretch is a death trap. My last trip thru there was 2 years ago to Texas World Speedway where I went to a Driving School. That was a blast getting up to a 120 on the straight away and then turning into the infield on the road course part. Last year I was heading to Orange Beach AL one early Sunday morning with no traffic in the Biloxi MS area on I-10 which is a 8 lane highway and I got my Nissan 350Z up to 150 for a short distance.