PDA

View Full Version : Obama does ‘complete 180′ on detainee photos

Apocalypse
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
President Obama met with White House counsel Greg Craig and other members of the White House counsel team last week and told them that he had second thoughts about the decision to hand over photographs of detainee abuse to the ACLU, per a judge’s order, and had changed his mind.

The president “believes their release would endanger our troops,” a White House official says, adding that the president “believes that the national security implications of such a release have not been fully presented to the court.”

At the end of that meeting, the president directed Craig to object to the immediate release of the photos on those grounds. In an Oval Office meeting with Iraq Commander General Ray Odierno, the president told him of his decision to argue against the release of the photographs.

The move is a complete 180. In a letter from the Justice Department to a federal judge on April 23, the Obama administration announced that the Pentagon would turn over 44 photographs showing detainee abuse of prisoners in Afghanistan and Iraq during the Bush administration.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/05/president-oba-5.html
----------------------------------

Obama is saying that he is deciding to do this for national sec. As well as for the safety of our troops.

Personally, I think that is only a part of it. But more in line to do with the heat Dims are taking over their support of torture from early on that is now coming to light and realizing that this won't create the big bad boogeyman out of the GOP that they want, but further hatred for any one associated with it.

Bongo55
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
How many 180's is that so far. The one should be getting dizzy by now.

AlmostThere
05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Ya know what I hated about Bush? He'd make a decision I thought was incredibly stupid and even after I gave it serious thought and still decided it was stupid, Bush still went ahead with his decision.

Hindsight like absence, makes the heart grow fonder. I sure miss a President who gives more than 5 minutes thought before making a decision that will likely be reversed at least once during it's lifetime. But without any apparent core values, he has nothing to rely on. Poor man.

lacarnut
05-13-2009, 05:39 PM
The CIA might have told a little birdie in the Obama Admin. that we have your originial Birth Certificate or have some other dirt on the Magic Negro.

hazlnut
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
The CIA might have told a little birdie in the Obama Admin. that we have your originial Birth Certificate or have some other dirt on the Magic Negro.

I'm sure that's it.:rolleyes:

Constitutionally Speaking
05-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Finally something he has done that I can support.

AmPat
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm sure that's it.:rolleyes:

Apparently your worst nightmare. :eek:

AmPat
05-13-2009, 08:59 PM
President Obama met with White House counsel Greg Craig and other members of the White House counsel team last week and told them that he had second thoughts about the decision to hand over photographs of detainee abuse to the ACLU, per a judge’s order, and had changed his mind.

The president “believes their release would endanger our troops,” a White House official says, adding that the president “believes that the national security implications of such a release have not been fully presented to the court.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/05/president-oba-5.html
Obama is saying that he is deciding to do this for national sec. As well as for the safety of our troops.

. Idealism and blind dogma, meet reality.:D

AHeneen
05-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Maybe there are no pictures.