PDA

View Full Version : Favre is back?

DarkScribe
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjTroLG0hL98o4YT6TiY1VI5nYcB?slug=ap-packers-favre&prov=ap&type=lgns

Whatta ya think? Is he? Should he?

I have always been a Favre fan (not a Packers fan) but he should stay retired. Talk about a media circus that would be, not to mention how Aaron Rodgers, the new starting QB, would feel if the Pack DID take him back...

lacarnut
07-03-2008, 11:37 AM
He is not coming back. You could see it in his face at the end of the last playoff game. It's no fun playing in the bitter cold and his old bones can not handle it.

JB
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
This guy's like a bad penny.

Fade away Favre. Please.

marinejcksn
07-08-2008, 06:38 AM
I always laugh at how Favre is said to be "so old". Is he even 40 yet? But in sports terms, I understand how 40 is old.

I think he should enjoy his retirement. Jordan came back one too many times and we all remember how that turned out. Just enjoy your time off Brett, you've earned it. Superbowl ring to boot....just let it go already.

Chuck58
07-15-2008, 12:44 AM
He won't come back. Last I read on Packers.com, they won't release him. If he returns to Green Bay, he'll be the backup quarterback until his contract is up - 3 years and $39 million worth of contract. On the other hand, that isn't bad money to watch a game.

DarkScribe
07-15-2008, 08:17 AM
He won't come back. Last I read on Packers.com, they won't release him. If he returns to Green Bay, he'll be the backup quarterback until his contract is up - 3 years and $39 million worth of contract. On the other hand, that isn't bad money to watch a game.

Yeah, I saw that too yesterday on ESPN....I dunno, I think it is kinda shitty that the Packers won't release him (although from a business standpoint it apparently is SOP) because if he'd never wanted to come back it wouldn't be an issue. They--Packers team officials--do not want to bring him back as the starting QB, then just LET HIM GO. I can see this dragging on...and really, the guy is a Hall of Famer. Let him go play elsewhere if he really wants to. I doubt he will "degrade" himself in a trade deal.

BSR
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I saw that too yesterday on ESPN....I dunno, I think it is kinda shitty that the Packers won't release him (although from a business standpoint it apparently is SOP) because if he'd never wanted to come back it wouldn't be an issue. They--Packers team officials--do not want to bring him back as the starting QB, then just LET HIM GO. I can see this dragging on...and really, the guy is a Hall of Famer. Let him go play elsewhere if he really wants to. I doubt he will "degrade" himself in a trade deal.

I agree.

The man has played his entire career with the Packers and they will never start him again. Let the man try with another team. They owe it to him for putting Green Bay back on the map.

NonConformist
07-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Hes pulling a Michael Jordan 'retirement'

Though I heard hes lookin' at Tampa Bay :D

Bubba Dawg
07-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't think he has it in him. But who knows?

I'd kinda like to see him make it. I like the guy. I just don't see it happening.

Space Gravy
07-28-2008, 08:50 PM
He's a perfect example of how a player doesn't care nearly as much as a fan does.

He doesn't seem to mind the idea of playing for a division rival. The Packers don't want him playing for the Vikings or the Bears.

He needs to go away. He's a joke at this point. This is about the 5th or 6th year of this stuff.

PB2012
08-04-2008, 01:29 AM
He's a perfect example of how a player doesn't care nearly as much as a fan does.

He doesn't seem to mind the idea of playing for a division rival. The Packers don't want him playing for the Vikings or the Bears.

He needs to go away. He's a joke at this point. This is about the 5th or 6th year of this stuff.

He has never offically retired.
He has played around with the idea but this is the first year that he actually went through the offical motions.

I used to live in Green Bay and I had the privledge to see him play in person and it is amazing.
After last year I have no doubt that he can come back and play his heart out.

Last year was also the best supporting cast that he has had, and we still didnt make it.

I know he can still play and that he wants to, but his time is up with the Pack. We have moved on.
He is officially back in Green Bay supposedly competing with Rodgers.

He is not going to play in GB and besides the Vikings no where else is a good fit for him.

Go back to your tractor Brett. It's a lot nicer of a ride than the bench.

OwlMBA
08-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Favre is a selfish bastard. If I had season tickets to the Packers I would publicly burn them to send a message. Don't announce you are retiring and then come back. That is played out. He doesnt care about his team, only himself. They have moved on but now they have to reconfigure everything for a guy that probably has 2 or 3 good years left, tops.

Eyelids
08-04-2008, 02:33 AM
If I had season tickets to the Packers I would publicly burn them to send a message.
Haha, you know how much Packers tickets go for? You'd be a fool to burn them.

OwlMBA
08-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Haha, you know how much Packers tickets go for? You'd be a fool to burn them.

Duh, thats the point. If they were cheap burning them wouldnt send a message.

Space Gravy
08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Favre is a selfish bastard. If I had season tickets to the Packers I would publicly burn them to send a message. Don't announce you are retiring and then come back. That is played out. He doesnt care about his team, only himself. They have moved on but now they have to reconfigure everything for a guy that probably has 2 or 3 good years left, tops.

Not only is he showing he doesn't care about his team but also everything else going on in the NFL.

He hijacked Hall of Fame weekend from this years inductees.

He could have submitted his request to the league for reinstatement weeks ago and already had this thing resolved.

JB
08-05-2008, 01:42 PM
OK he's back.

The Packers should move him to offensive tackle. F him.

DarkScribe
08-05-2008, 07:46 PM
OK he's back.

The Packers should move him to offensive tackle. F him.

Not so fast! Looks like after a meeting with the coach and the GM he feels like its best for him to leave the team...AND ESPN just reported that he is considering the Bucs and apparently officially talked to Tampa Bay.

Oh how the plot thickens...

Shannon
08-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Not so fast! Looks like after a meeting with the coach and the GM he feels like its best for him to leave the team...AND ESPN just reported that he is considering the Bucs and apparently officially talked to Tampa Bay.

Oh how the plot thickens...

I'm tired of hearing about it. I just want him to go away already.

JB
08-06-2008, 01:02 AM

Oh how the plot thickens...I know. I saw his dumbass leaving camp on the news. I'm still laughing.

JB
08-07-2008, 01:22 AM
When you’re a Jet,
You’re a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin’ day.
When you’re a Jet,
Let them do what they can,
You got brothers around,
You’re a family man!
You’re never alone,
You’re never disconnected!
You’re home with your own--
When company’s expected,
You’re well protected!
Then you are set
With a capital J,
Which you’ll never forget
Till they cart you away.
When you’re a Jet,
You stay
A Jet!

Putz.

PB2012
08-07-2008, 01:56 AM
He is not going to go to the Jets. They do not have enough weapons for him to succeed like he wants to.

PB2012
08-07-2008, 02:02 AM
I stand corrected.
He is now a Jet.

Wow.

Space Gravy
08-07-2008, 08:19 AM
I'm just glad it's over.

Space Gravy
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM
He is not going to go to the Jets. They do not have enough weapons for him to succeed like he wants to.

I think the only reason he's going to the Jets is he shot his mouth off about this is all about only wanting to play. Obviously, he wanted to play, but I think he only wanted to play for 2 or 3 handpicked teams. I don't think a 4-12 (or whatever they were last year) team with a Coach who's lost the locker room was what he had in mind.......but he painted himself in a corner with his remarks. He's stuck. If he backs out now he'll look like an even bigger dolt. Good luck in the brutally tough AFC and have fun with New York media!

DarkScribe
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I think the only reason he's going to the Jets is he shot his mouth off about this is all about only wanting to play. Obviously, he wanted to play, but I think he only wanted to play for 2 or 3 handpicked teams. I don't think a 4-12 (or whatever they were last year) team with a Coach who's lost the locker room was what he had in mind.......but he painted himself in a corner with his remarks. He's stuck. If he backs out now he'll look like an even bigger dolt. Good luck in the brutally tough AFC and have fun with New York media!

I was surprised he went to the J E T S jets jets jets...instead of the Bucs. But he must have his reasons. It's gonna be fun to see how he goes up against the Patsies, though. The Jets aren't a Super Bowl bound team, for sure, but they're a whole lot better now the #4 is on-board.

Molon Labe
08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I stand corrected.
He is now a Jet.

Wow.

The coolest story would have been him in a Vikings jersey during week one at Lambeau.

PB2012
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
That would have NEVER happened.
Jesus would have came back before that!

Theophilus
08-08-2008, 10:39 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/M21/St.jpg