PDA

View Full Version : Monday...whatever

Shannon
05-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I did not sleep well at all last night. I desperately want to go back to bed. It's overcast here but I'm sure that will change later.

TOTD: Chili- beans or no beans? Your welcome for this deep suject.:p

Water Closet
05-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Still cool, overcast, and rainy here in Pleasant Valley. It's an odd week for me as I'll be working from home Monday and Tuesday this week and traveling during the latter part of the week.

TOTD: No beans. I ride in too many planes.

linda22003
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Beans. My specialty is Cincinnati style, and that means beans and great depth of flavor as opposed to just "heat". Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon.

patriot45
05-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Crappy weather here in Plant City too.

TOTD: Blasphemy! No Beans, If you have to just open a can on the side for the people who don't enjoy chili!

Rockntractor
05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
60's today sunshine. perfect weather. It doesn't get better then this.

TOTD: No beans for over hot dogs. Beans frito's and cheese otherwise. Poor Shannon. When the sun comes out maybe that will cheer you up.

Gingersnap
05-18-2009, 11:32 AM
It's going to get into the high 80s or low 90s today which is just peachy. Those Elephant Ears want the warmth to get going properly. I spotted the Western Tanagers again this morning so maybe they will stick around a little longer.

TOTD: No beans. This is what I prefer for myself. I make the bean kind because Mr. Snaps prefers that but I seems kind of fake to me.

AHeneen
05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
I've had light rain the last few days (unfortunately all the heavy rain has been to the west/south), but a couple inches still makes a dent in our drought. Hurricane season starts two weeks from today and there's already a tropical low (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo_atl.shtml) which ''could'' become a named storm and move up towards the N. FL coast.

TOTD: Beans, beans, beans...except on hot dogs.

Bubba Dawg
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Beans. Gotta have red kidney beans.

Except for hot dog chili.

Cool here today. The low should be 36 degrees tonight.

Bubba Dawg
05-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Beans. My specialty is Cincinnati style, and that means beans and great depth of flavor as opposed to just "heat". Chili powder, cumin, cinnamon.

Isn't Cincinnatti chili served over spaghetti sometimes?

Water Closet
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Isn't Cincinnatti chili served over spaghetti sometimes?

When I was a kid in Jacksonville, there was a chili parlor called "Key's Chili." One of the great things they had was chili over spaghetti. I've tried to make it since, but have never been able to recreate the taste. One of those great childhood memories that's almost certainly much better than it really was. :D

Bubba Dawg
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
When I was a kid in Jacksonville, there was a chili parlor called "Key's Chili." One of the great things they had was chili over spaghetti. I've tried to make it since, but have never been able to recreate the taste. One of those great childhood memories that's almost certainly much better than it really was. :D

I've heard of Keys Chili but never ate there. I think it was gone by the time I moved there. There was also a fruit juice stand downtown that had fresh squeezed juice. I did go there as often as possible.

RobJohnson
05-19-2009, 06:23 AM
It's nice here, very low humidity and the windows are open.

TOTD: I went to a chili cook off on Saturday. One of the best was without beans, but they were all pretty good, it made voiting difficult.