PDA

View Full Version : 42% Favor Free Health Care For All Americans Unless Their Own Coverage Has To Change

Gingersnap
05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
42% Favor Free Health Care For All Americans Unless Their Own Coverage Has To Change
Monday, May 18, 2009

Americans are evenly divided over the idea of making free health care available to every one in the country, but opposition grows dramatically when their own health insurance is involved.

Forty-two percent (42%) of Americans say every one in the United States should have free health care. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 44% disagree.

However, by a two-to-one margin (60% to 27%), Americans reject free health care for all if it means changing their own coverage and joining a program administered by the government. Many surveys, conducted over many years have found a similar unwillingness to support any program that requires a change in coverage. Last December, 58% opposed any kind of government-controlled health plan if it meant they had to change their own insurance coverage.

That resistance to change is partly explained by the fact that 70% of those with insurance rate their own coverage as good or excellent. Most adults (53%) believe their coverage would get worse if they had to change to a government-run program.

I can't imagine how my health care would get any better under the government.

Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/business/healthcare/42_favor_free_health_care_for_all_americans_unless _their_own_coverage_has_to_change)

Teetop
05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Key word; "Free". No such thing as free....

Our taxes will double.

I once dated a Canadian woman for a few years. She hated the medical system up there. I once asked her what her taxes were. She said, "anywhere from 51.5% to 53% yearly!" :eek:

AlmostThere
05-18-2009, 11:45 PM
What is the primary reason given for not allowing private accounts in Social Security? Something to do with the system not being solvent if people were allowed to opt out? Somehow I see the same rationale being used in making everyone fall in under gov-care.

lacarnut
05-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I think I should be entitled to a beach condo and a 100' yacht. What the hell, I want to get in on some of this free shit as long as someone is paying for it. :mad: