PDA

View Full Version : "Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, Our Life, Our Sweetness and our Hope".

megimoo
05-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Obama Wears Robe With Inscribed Prayer to the Virgin Mary While Talking About His Love For Abortion
‘Vita, Dulcedo, Spes,’ the ‘Salve Regina, ‘our life, our sweetness, our hope’

Vomit inducing.....Obama Wearing Those Robes ......

While receiving an honorary doctorate in law from the University of Notre Dame yesterday, President Barack Obama wore the school’s traditional doctoral robe that is inscribed with a prayer to the Virgin Mary as a reminder that all of the school’s activities are dedicated to the Mother of God.

The robe is inscribed with two copies—one on each breast--of Notre Dame’s coat of arms, which includes the words “Vita, Dulcedo, Spes,” which are part of the traditional Roman Catholic prayer the Salve Regina—or Hail Holy Queen.

“The phrase ‘Vita, Dulcedo, Spes,’ taken from the ancient prayer to the Virgin, the ‘Salve Regina,’ means ‘our life, our sweetness, our hope’ and the combination of these phrases with the symbol for the university indicates the dedication of all Notre Dame’s activities, intellectual, spiritual, athletic, and so on, to Our Lady,” explained the February 1931 issue of the Notre Dame Alumnus magazine.

The full prayer says: “Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.”

While wearing this prayer, President Obama talked to Notre Dame’s graduating seniors about his position on abortion.

http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2009/05/obama-wears-robe-with-inscribed-prayer-to-the-virgin-mary-while-talking-about-his-love-for-abortion.html

linda22003
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Hail Holy Queen.... that piece rocks! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHASQg8fR0s

linda22003
05-18-2009, 07:18 PM
And by the way, that is in NO way mockery. Religious music should be joyful, and this makes me smile every time.

BadCat
05-18-2009, 07:42 PM
And by the way, that is in NO way mockery. Religious music should be joyful, and this makes me smile every time.

Well, Whoopi IS a comedienne...I guess Hussien is too.

(and yes, Linda, I know that "comedienne" denotes a female, but with Hussien, I wouldn't be surprised)

Camaraderie
05-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Yes, all it takes is one race-baiting demagogue of a black woman to liven up any room. Wouldn't it be wonderful if far-left, anti-white bigots like Whoopie could take over every Catholic ceremony and service. :rolleyes:

Hail Holy Queen.... that piece rocks! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHASQg8fR0s

BadCat
05-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Yes, all it takes is one race-baiting demagogue of a black woman to liven up any room. Wouldn't it be wonderful if far-left, anti-white bigots like Whoopie could take over every Catholic ceremony and service. :rolleyes:

You think they don't want to?

megimoo
05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I can always count on the spelling Nazi to come through in the pinch !It's almost like playing a piano and the little cat starts to howl a most predictable little bureaucratic mind !

linda22003
05-19-2009, 08:01 AM

I was referring to the setting of the song and its rhythms and harmonies. I'm sorry you missed the point.

Phillygirl
05-19-2009, 09:54 AM

Sister Act was a good movie with good music. I always enjoy that movie as well.

linda22003
05-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Sister Act was a good movie with good music. I always enjoy that movie as well.

And like most sequels, "Sister Act II" completely missed the mark. :rolleyes:

Phillygirl
05-19-2009, 10:09 AM
And like most sequels, "Sister Act II" completely missed the mark. :rolleyes:

Very much so. I don't usually play videos when I'm at work, but I can *almost* conjure up the song you posted. Most of that movie gets me clapping and dancing in my seat...and I generally enjoy the solemness of a Catholic Mass...but it really would be fun to one day walk into Mass and have a bunch of nuns break out like Whoopie does. :p

Odysseus
05-19-2009, 12:27 PM
[SIZE="4"][I]Obama Wears Robe With Inscribed Prayer to the Virgin Mary While Talking About His Love For Abortion
‘Vita, Dulcedo, Spes,’ the ‘Salve Regina, ‘our life, our sweetness, our hope’

The robe is inscribed with two copies—one on each breast--of Notre Dame’s coat of arms, which includes the words “Vita, Dulcedo, Spes,” which are part of the traditional Roman Catholic prayer the Salve Regina—or Hail Holy Queen.

Maybe he thought that it referred to Perez Hilton? :D

Gingersnap
05-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Maybe he thought that it referred to Perez Hilton? :D

Now that was funny!