PDA

View Full Version : Greta’s husband tried to get Palin to help retire Hillary’s debt

Apocalypse
05-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Palin camp eyed Clinton alliance

In an unusual attempt to forge an alliance between two of the most prominent families in American politics, John Coale, a Washington-area Democratic donor and onetime adviser to Sarah Palin (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22681.html#) urged the conservative Alaska governor to use her political action committee to help retire the presidential campaign debt of Hillary Clinton.

Read more: "Palin camp eyed Clinton alliance - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com" -

WTF, Clinton may have had followers, but even within the DNC a lot of hard liners don't care for her. I cant see how this would have helped her.

lacarnut
05-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Surely this must be a late April fools joke. These two women might wind up running against eachother. Hillary should hit up her rich Hollywood friends or Soris for a bailout.

Japandroid
05-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Palin and her advisors thought (and I use the term "thought" loosely with Sarah Palin) that women would automatically vote for a woman president no matter whom.

BadCat
05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Palin and her advisors thought (and I use the term "thought" loosely with Sarah Palin) that women would automatically vote for a woman president no matter whom.

Go ride your bike to the bath house moonbat.

Sarah Palin didn't run for President.

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 04:27 PM

I doubt if the campaign thought that women would automatically vote for the ticket due to a woman's presence on it. However, I think they did overestimate the draw. Unfortunately, for McCain, most soccer moms with their 1.9 brats in private school ran away from Palin as fast as they could.

On edit: BTW, since Pelosi's botox is of such interest around here, why not Greta's? She can hardly talk and probably blinks as much as Nancy.

BadCat
05-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I doubt if the campaign thought that women would automatically vote for the ticket due to a woman's presence on it. However, I think they did overestimate the draw. Unfortunately, for McCain, most soccer moms with their 1.9 brats in private school ran away from Palin as fast as they could.

On edit: BTW, since Pelosi's botox is of such interest around here, why not Greta's? She can hardly talk and probably blinks as much as Nancy.

Greta looks like one of those pictures on the internet with the moving mouth.

Japandroid
05-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I messed up my tenses pretty bad there. There is very little doubt in any reasonable person's mind that Sarah Palin around early October of last year, after realizing McCain imminent defeat, started thinking about 2012 run. If she could could pull Hillary Clinton to her side and gain her support se figured she would be unbeatable. With the two most visible women in national politics on the same side they'd figure to have 50% of the vote wrapped up.

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I messed up my tenses pretty bad there. There is very little doubt in any reasonable person's mind that Sarah Palin around early October of last year, after realizing McCain imminent defeat, started thinking about 2012 run. If she could could pull Hillary Clinton to her side and gain her support se figured she would be unbeatable. With the two most visible women in national politics on the same side they'd figure to have 50% of the vote wrapped up.

I have no doubt that Palin saw the defeat coming and started planning for a presidential run in 2012. However, I think that any intent (by either side) of an alliance with Hillary Clinton is as probable as chicken wire and the WTC. Palin is narrow-minded, but she's not stupid, in terms of political cunning. Look at what she did to the previous governor.

lacarnut
05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
BTW, since Pelosi's botox is of such interest around here, why not Greta's? She can hardly talk and probably blinks as much as Nancy.

Both of them without makeup would scare the living shit out of me. :) Greta talking out of the side of her mouth is very annoying also. They could be kissing cousins.

expat-pattaya
05-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Are you drinking? OK, just in case you missed it:

Sarah Palin - conservative REPUBLICAN

Hillary Clinton - liberal DEMOCRAT

So exactly how ins the world would these two ever be ANYTHING but competitors? :confused:

AmPat
05-19-2009, 09:10 PM

1. The soccer moms ran TO Oblah blah, not away from Palin.

2. Greta had surgery to deal with a chronic problem, it had nothing to do with botox. Of course as usual FACTS to a liberal are like garlic to a vampire.:rolleyes:

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
1. The soccer moms ran TO Oblah blah, not away from Palin.

2. Greta had surgery to deal with a chronic problem, it had nothing to do with botox. Of course as usual FACTS to a liberal are like garlic to a vampire.:rolleyes:

1. They ran away from a five kid, abstinence-only mom who could name only one USSC decision and could see Russia from her house

2. Greta says, “I had eye surgery because I wanted to look better for me.” If anyone told her to do it she would have told them “to go jump in the lake.” A reporter from a major media outlet asked Greta if she thought the surgery would affect her credibility.

But three days later the pair visited a D.C. surgeon to explore the ins and out of blepharoplasty, commonly known as an eye-lift. "You have to realize this was not a huge decision," says Van Susteren, "not like choosing a law school." Rather, with the start of her new job a month away, she decided, she says, to do something just for her: "I just did it on a whim. It's the first time since I was 17 that I had a month off and no responsibilities." She was also facing her 30th high school reunion in Wisconsin this summer. "I looked at myself and thought, 'God, how did I get to be 47?' "

Conservative facts that one can't deny! Yeppers. Saved her life there. Vanquished that "chronic problem."

AmPat
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
1. They ran away from a five kid, abstinence-only mom who could name only one USSC decision and could see Russia from her house

2. Greta says, “I had eye surgery because I wanted to look better for me.” If anyone told her to do it she would have told them “to go jump in the lake.” A reporter from a major media outlet asked Greta if she thought the surgery would affect her credibility.

Conservative facts that one can't deny! Yeppers. Saved her life there. Vanquished that "chronic problem."

So where's the Botox Skippy? "Chronic" doesn't mean "deadly."

NEXT!

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 09:50 PM
So where's the Botox Skippy? "Chronic" doesn't mean "deadly."

NEXT!

No NEXT! First, where's the documentation that Pelosi's used botox (although that's a common meme around here). Secondly, while she may not have used botox (she may have), generous Greta's plastic surgery was clearly, by the quotes from HER supplied, for appearance sake. Give me an effin' break. The Aruba Queen is just as vain and just as shallow as any Dem you can find. Just because she spouts conservative platitudes and is on Faux, doesn't mean she's any different than Rachael Maddow.

Next, bozo?

BadCat
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
The Aruba Queen is just as vain and just as shallow as any Dem you can find. Just because she spouts conservative platitudes and is on Faux, doesn't mean she's any different than Rachael Maddow.

She's not.

She's a Dimocrat and a big supporter of both Klintons.

That, coupled with her annoying looks, are the reason I never watch her show.

AmPat
05-19-2009, 10:00 PM
No NEXT! First, where's the documentation that Pelosi's used botox (although that's a common meme around here). Secondly, while she may not have used botox (she may have), generous Greta's plastic surgery was clearly, by the quotes from HER supplied, for appearance sake. Give me an effin' break. The Aruba Queen is just as vain and just as shallow as any Dem you can find. Just because she spouts conservative platitudes and is on Faux, doesn't mean she's any different than Rachael Maddow.

Next, bozo?

I thought we were talking about Greta?
Who brought up Pisslousy?
Who suggested Greta DIDN"T get the surgery for appearances?
It was well known that Greta got the surgery for appearances. Are you the only one on the planet who didn't get the memo?:rolleyes:

"Bozo" from a clown like you? Priceless. Have you looked at your Avatar?

Rockntractor
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Just because she spouts conservative platitudes and is on Faux
What is up with the faux crap. That is so tired. Your not posting on DU or did you forget?

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 10:05 PM
I thought we were talking about Greta?
Who brought up Pisslousy?
Who suggested Greta DIDN"T get the surgery for appearances?
It was well known that Greta got the surgery for appearances. Are you the only one on the planet who didn't get the memo?:rolleyes:

Uhm, Pelosi was brought up by me in the post to which you first replied. When you say she got surgery for a "chronic condition" you are leaving the impression that it was something else other than appearance. And, unfortunately, it didn't work out all that well as she seems to transformed herself from the Queen of Aruba to the Bride of Wilderstein...

http://www.btinternet.com/~sev/REGROUP/oct99Images/wildenstein.gif

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
What is up with the faux crap. That is so tired. Your not posting on DU or did you forget?

I haven't posted on DU since Library Lady outed my mole, Dick Diver.

On edit: Since you like Faux so much, you'll love...

Faux's War on Christmas (http://madder-music.blogspot.com/2008/12/back-by-popular-demand-fauxs-war-on.html)

AmPat
05-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Uhm, Pelosi was brought up by me in the post to which you first replied. When you say she got surgery for a "chronic condition" you are leaving the impression that it was something else other than appearance. And, unfortunately, it didn't work out all that well as she seems to transformed herself from the Queen of Aruba to the Bride of Wilderstein...

]

Not my intention at all. Now had you "asked" me for clarification instead of making an ASS of yourself, I would have obliged. I would have even used little words for you.:cool:

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Not my intention at all. Now had you "asked" me for clarification instead of making an ASS of yourself, I would have obliged. I would have even used little words for you.:cool:

Skippy baby, perhaps you should look at the thread. And please, don't fret yourself about my vocabulary. I think it's a bit broader than yours.

Rockntractor
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I haven't posted on DU since Library Lady outed my mole, Dick Diver.

On edit: Since you like Faux so much, you'll love...

Faux's War on Christmas (http://madder-music.blogspot.com/2008/12/back-by-popular-demand-fauxs-war-on.html)
Not impressed with the story but the website is worth bookmarking for future reference.

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Not impressed with the story but the website is worth bookmarking for future reference.

hehehehe. Time to pm Rockntractor again. :D

Rockntractor
05-19-2009, 10:35 PM
hehehehe. Time to pm Rockntractor again. :D
Why not say it in public?

Water Closet
05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Why not say it in public?

Sure. It's well known around here that the author of the website I pointed you to, Madder Music, Stronger Wine (http://www.madder-music.blogspot.com), known on the internets as Dowson (the English poet who fell in love with an 11 year old), is also the CU-banned poster Cold Warrior. Beyond that, all is speculation. :D

Sonnabend
05-20-2009, 08:21 AM
1. They ran away from a five kid, abstinence-only mom who could name only one USSC decision and could see Russia from her houseAnd Water Closet posts a blatant lie.

The comment " could see Russia from her house" was made by comedienne TINA FEY and not GOVERNOR Palin.

So do us all a favour, libber, if you're going to comment. do so with FACTS. not lies.

Prove it. Where and when did she say it, in what paper was it reported. Link, date and place.

Water Closet
05-20-2009, 08:25 AM
And Water Closet posts a blatant lie.

The comment " could see Russia from her house" was made by comedienne TINA FEY and not GOVERNOR Palin.

So do us all a favour, libber, if you're going to comment. do so with FACTS. not lies.

I would trust anyone with any sense would know that my statement was not a lie, but rather said sarcastically. No one really believes that Palin said those precise words, although she did comment on the proximity of Russia as some sort of foreign policy qualification. Therefore, given there was no anticipation that anyone other than an idiot would take the statement as gospel, it can't be "a lie."

Sonnabend
05-20-2009, 08:31 AM
I would trust anyone with any sense would know that my statement was not a lie, but rather said sarcastically. We are all well aware of your contempt for a woman who puts you to shame

No one really believes that Palin said those precise words, although she did comment on the proximity of Russia as some sort of foreign policy qualification.Uh no, we know she never said it, and to this date I have never seen anyone prove she did. So until such time as there is concrete hard proof that she did say it, it's a lie.

Therefore, given there was no anticipation that anyone other than an idiot would take the statement as gospel, it can't be "a lie."It is a lie, since you, nor anyone else, can prove she did say it. A statement made up to denigrate another person. based on myth. innuendo, fantasy and conjecture, with no basis in fact, is called a lie.

It's on a par with more than one quote that has appeared in the "press", which was later proven to be just more vicious slander and smears. She did not say it, you cannot prove she did, and therefore to say that she did so with nothing to back it up, is me calling you a liar.

Prove she said it and I'll retract the accusation. You're the one always asking for proof..now its your turn.

Put up..or SHUT UP.

Water Closet
05-20-2009, 09:05 AM
We are all well aware of your contempt for a woman who puts you to shame

Uh no, we know she never said it, and to this date I have never seen anyone prove she did. So until such time as there is concrete hard proof that she did say it, it's a lie.

It is a lie, since you, nor anyone else, can prove she did say it. A statement made up to denigrate another person. based on myth. innuendo, fantasy and conjecture, with no basis in fact, is called a lie.

It's on a par with more than one quote that has appeared in the "press", which was later proven to be just more vicious slander and smears. She did not say it, you cannot prove she did, and therefore to say that she did so with nothing to back it up, is me calling you a liar.

Prove she said it and I'll retract the accusation. You're the one always asking for proof..now its your turn.

Put up..or SHUT UP.

Sigh! Show me where the press reported that Palin actually said "I can see Russia from my house." Everyone in this country knows it was a joke -- a pretty funny one at that -- that derived from Palin's statements here (in which, btw, she confirms my statement above regarding her citing the proximity of Russia as foreign policy experience)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg

This also has the priceless "when Putin comes into our airspace" comment.

Again, only an idiot would take my statement literally and not for the sarcasism with which it was intended. Perhaps lacarnut was right; perhaps non-Americans cannot comment rationally on American politics. Perhaps it's due to the distance, I simply don't know.

And isn't this the Greta thread? Doesn't sweet Sarah deserve her own?

On edit: I went back through this thread and while I certainly don't deny citing the quote you reference as sarcasm, I didn't do it in this thread. I'm confused as to how this even arose herein.

Lager
05-20-2009, 09:37 AM

So you judge someone's intelligence strictly by the sparse, edited segments you see of them on the Teley? You are a modern politician's dream come true. I'm neither attesting to, nor defending her level of intelligence, since her time in the limelight was sudden and brief. I do think the McCain camp made several mistakes in how they presented her and prepared her for the race. What surprises me is how thoroughly the libs judge her intelligence and positions, on such little information. So she's labeled as the abstinence only candidate based on what? A reply to a survey? I believe even the great Obama made reference to abstinence in a recent speech. Where's the faux outrage from libs about that?

Gingersnap
05-20-2009, 10:36 AM
What happened to the totally improbable Palin-bailout-for-Clinton discussion? I'm more interested in that than I am in any discussion of some news reader's cosmetic surgery.

noonwitch
05-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Are you drinking? OK, just in case you missed it:

Sarah Palin - conservative REPUBLICAN

Hillary Clinton - liberal DEMOCRAT

So exactly how ins the world would these two ever be ANYTHING but competitors? :confused:

Chelsea could get engaged to the oldest Palin kid.

There is one thing that both Hillary and Sarah have in common-the media is their mutual enemy.

expat-pattaya
05-20-2009, 12:11 PM

There is one thing that both Hillary and Sarah have in common-the media is their mutual enemy.

Yeah, thy have lots in common just not politically :D

Both are smart ambitious type A women in politics. Both would like to be president. Beyond that - err not much:cool:

Sonnabend
05-20-2009, 12:24 PM

Unlikely.

The Palins have standards to maintain.

Rockntractor
05-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Sure. It's well known around here that the author of the website I pointed you to, Madder Music, Stronger Wine (http://www.madder-music.blogspot.com), known on the internets as Dowson (the English poet who fell in love with an 11 year old), is also the CU-banned poster Cold Warrior. Beyond that, all is speculation. :D
I have heard people accuse you of being CW. What the hell is this a frigging soap opera! this is worse than the young and restless that my wife watches

Water Closet
05-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I have heard people accuse you of being CW.

Balderdash!!! Why that CW fellow, by all accounts, was one right nasty fellow. As you, yourself, noted, I'm turning into a very nice guy.

What the hell is this a frigging soap opera! this is worse than the young and restless that my wife watches

Much worse, much worse.

Water Closet
05-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Unlikely.

The Palins have standards to maintain.

Yeah, the Palins need some meth dealers to supplement their family clan.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/charlessummer/TRAILER%20PARK/trailertrash.jpg

AmPat
05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Skippy baby, perhaps you should look at the thread. And please, don't fret yourself about my vocabulary. I think it's a bit broader than yours.

Liberal, thy name is delusional.:rolleyes:

Water Closet
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Liberal, thy name is delusional.:rolleyes:

Well, since this is the level of argument in which you wish to engage...

Nhaaah, nhaaah, nhaaah.

Rockntractor
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, since this is the level of argument in which you wish to engage...

Nhaaah, nhaaah, nhaaah.
I think it goes. Nah Nah nuh nah nah!

lacarnut
05-20-2009, 09:29 PM

I would not wish that on the Palin kid.

Sonnabend
05-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Yeah, the Palins need some meth dealers to supplement their family clan.

I see...so Governor Palin is responsible and accountable for the errors of her family.Guess that Obama's brother being nailed for drugs got past your keen eye.

DU is <=== that way.

Sod off, swampy.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 06:32 AM
I see...so Governor Palin is responsible and accountable for the errors of her family.Guess that Obama's brother being nailed for drugs got past your keen eye.

DU is <=== that way.

Sod off, swampy.

No, I was responding diectly to your comment regarding the family's "standards." That is quite different than responsibiity for the actions of others.

Sonnabend
05-21-2009, 07:08 AM
No, I was responding diectly to your comment regarding the family's "standards." That is quite different than responsibiity for the actions of others.

The person involved in the meth issue is a relative of hers, an in-law, NOT the Governor or her immediate family. She is in no way anything to do with what this woman did, and it is yet another slur that you imply she WAS.

You're acting more and more like a DUmmie every day.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 07:27 AM
The person involved in the meth issue is a relative of hers, an in-law, NOT the Governor or her immediate family. She is in no way anything to do with what this woman did, and it is yet another slur that you imply she WAS.

You're acting more and more like a DUmmie every day.

Sigh! You are the one who made the comment above regarding the family's standards in reference to Chelsea Clinton. Given their "standards" as evidenced by their daughter's pseudo-husband (for campaign purposes only) and family, I would say they are equivalent to those in the cartoon I posted above.

You brought "standards" into the conversation, not me. When called on it, you retreat to the (obvious) position that Palin isn't responsible for the actions of her formerly-potential in-laws. It seems as if you can't handle an intellectually-honest and rational argument, a characteristic, btw, shared by the extreme right and extreme left.

Sonnabend
05-21-2009, 07:43 AM
Sigh! You are the one who made the comment above regarding the family's standards in reference to Chelsea Clinton. Given their "standards" as evidenced by their daughter's pseudo-husband (for campaign purposes only) and family, I would say they are equivalent to those in the cartoon I posted above.

And you are assuming a hell of a lot about people you dont know, and you cannot possibly know what went on behind the scenes.

"For campaign purposes only" And you know this....how?

Proof?

You, like every other Palin hater, sneer and smear, despite the fact that many teen romances often fall apart, and in many senses, they are as any other family anywhere.

All families have their foibles...i would imagine that you'd have one or two skeletons in the closet and relatives you'd rather not discuss...it is entirely possible that some of your family may not want to mention YOU..so it cuts both ways.

So their family has ups and downs, and things aren't all perfect. So? he wanted to get married and it fell apart. So? She got pregnant and he thought he could handle it..guess what, he couldn't.

Plus ca change, ya know.

Shock, horror, surprise.I also note that apparently Levi tuires to be involved in the childs life. Take away the tabloids and the press and you have an everyday family.

You brought "standards" into the conversation, not me. When called on it, you retreat to the (obvious) position that Palin isn't responsible for the actions of her formerly-potential in-laws.

She isn't. Prove to me how she is.

It seems as if you can't handle an intellectually-honest and rational argument, a characteristic, btw, shared by the extreme right and extreme left.

Yeah yeah, we're all "whacky whacky", except perfect little old you.

That song's getting a little old.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 07:51 AM
And you are assuming a hell of a lot about people you dont know, and you cannot possibly know what went on behind the scenes.

"For campaign purposes only" And you know this....how?

Proof?

You, like every other Palin hater, sneer and smear, despite the fact that many teen romances often fall apart, and in many senses, they are as any other family anywhere.

All families have their foibles...i would imagine that you'd have one or two skeletons in the closet and relatives you'd rather not discuss...it is entirely possible that some of your family may not want to mention YOU..so it cuts both ways.

So their family has ups and downs, and things aren't all perfect. So? he wanted to get married and it fell apart. So? She got pregnant and he thought he could handle it..guess what, he couldn't.

Plus ca change, ya know.

Shock, horror, surprise.I also note that apparently Levi tuires to be involved in the childs life. Take away the tabloids and the press and you have an everyday family.

She isn't. Prove to me how she is.

Yeah yeah, we're all "whacky whacky", except perfect little old you.

That song's getting a little old.

Rant all you want. However, here are the facts:

1. You commented on the family's "standards" in reference to Chelsea Clinton marrying into the family
2. I pointed out that those standards were a bit low, as evidenced by the mother-in-law being accused of pushing meth
3. You retreated by misrepresenting my position as one of accusing Palin for having responsibility for the potential mother-in-law's actions. I did not and would not attempt to prove such a thing as we were not discussing responsibility and as it's not true. Of course she doesn't have any "responsibility" for those actions.
4. When called on your intellectual dishonesty you, as you typically do, fall back to ad hominem attacks on me and now on my family.

You really are too easy.

Sonnabend
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
1. You commented on the family's "standards" in reference to Chelsea Clinton marrying into the family

Obviously, humour is not part of your repertoire. Sad.

2. I pointed out that those standards were a bit low, as evidenced by the mother-in-law being accused of pushing meth

And I pointed out that using her as a yardstick to measure the entire family is idiotic because one has nothing to do with the other.

But, like all lefties, you never miss an opportunity for a good smear.

3. You retreated by misrepresenting my position as one of accusing Palin for having responsibility for the potential mother-in-law's actions. I did not and would not attempt to prove such a thing as we were not discussing responsibility and as it's not true. Of course she doesn't have any "responsibility" for those actions.

I also asked you to prove ""For campaign purposes only""

Well?

4. When called on your intellectual dishonesty you, as you typically do, fall back to ad hominem attacks on me and now on my family.

Oooh look, over there , a unicorn!!! Reread my post and I doubt anyone would construe it as an "attack". More like an observation abiout throwing stones...:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm off to bed.

Toodles.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Obviously, humour is not part of your repertoire. Sad.

Ah yes. Coming from the humourless Aussie, this is particularly ironic. Yoiu're the same person who screamed "LIAR, LIAR" when I joked about Palin being "able to see Russia from her house." You've repeatedly demonstrated your lack of a sense of humour.

And I pointed out that using her as a yardstick to measure the entire family is idiotic because one has nothing to do with the other.

But, like all lefties, you never miss an opportunity for a good smear.

I'm not sure who the "her" is you're referring to. If it's the mother-in-law, judging by her son's appearances on the various talk shows, I'd say the mother is a pretty good standard with which to measure the entire family. If you're referring to Palin, she was one of two adults whose standards were met by Levi and family.

I also asked you to prove ""For campaign purposes only""

Well?

Obviously one can never "prove" such a thing with direct evidence (unless you discover a memo to the effect). However, judging by the circumstances, the polite waiting period after the campaign, then the break, I'd say it's a fair assumption.

Oooh look, over there , a unicorn!!! Reread my post and I doubt anyone would construe it as an "attack". More like an observation abiout throwing stones...:rolleyes:

Well, you've called me several names in this thread (including your favorite "dick" -- what no "Delta Hotel?") and I don't believe I've attacked you with such names. As to my family, it would be difficult for them to take insult as they're all dead (excepting possibly a few cousins whom I haven't seen in several decades).

Sonnabend
05-22-2009, 04:30 AM
I'd say it's a fair assumption.

Ad I'd wager that you are wrong. As usual.

Far as I am concerned, your attitude and opinion is worthless. Your sneers, smears and continued contempt for Governor Palin are well known.

I find this an interesting concept..a mother is judged by how her son behaves on talk shows.

Bizarre is putting it mildly...then again, this is you we are discussing.:rolleyes:

Water Closet
05-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Ad I'd wager that you are wrong. As usual.

Far as I am concerned, your attitude and opinion is worthless. Your sneers, smears and continued contempt for Governor Palin are well known.

I find this an interesting concept..a mother is judged by how her son behaves on talk shows.

Bizarre is putting it mildly...then again, this is you we are discussing.:rolleyes:

You are continuing to obfuscate and take the original comment, and discussion focusing around it, further off track -- a sure sign of a losing argument. In this comment, I assume you're discussing Levi's mother, not Palin as we're not talking about Palin's son. As to judging the mother by her sons actions, (a) it happens all the time, (b) she's got enough baggage of her own making such a tactic unnecessary and (c) that's not what I was doing.

Your original comment referred to the Palin family "standards" to which I responded effectively that those standards must be pretty low given the nature of her potential in-laws, specifically the mother and her meth charges. After running away from your original statement, you then go into a ridiculous diatribe regarding it being a "typical" family. Well, I really don't think typical families have abstinence-only, high-profile mommies, knocked-up daughters, meth-dealing mils, publicity-seeking sils, all set in a house from which one might, on a clear day, see Russia. It's very amusing comedy.

And yes, I realizie your original comment was meant to be an attempt at humour. However, I would point out the inadvisability of the specific topic as it runs so counter to reality and too easily leaves the playing field open for rejoinders such as mine.

AmPat
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Your original comment referred to the Palin family "standards" to which I responded effectively Sounds like Toilet Clown tooting his own horn:rolleyes:

that those standards must be pretty low given the nature of her potential in-laws, If all our standards are judged by our inlaws, this might have validity. DUmbocRATS would certainly avoid this kind of scrutiny.

specifically the mother and her meth charges. After running away from your original statement, you then go into a ridiculous diatribe regarding it being a "typical" family. Well, I really don't think typical families have abstinence-only, Sounds like a typical and logical approach to me. Are you suggesting that "Typical" familes promote an "open legs" attitude for their daughters? :confused:

high-profile mommies, Which is why you attack her with your dripping sarcasm. If she were called Kennedy, Boxer, or Pelosy, you would be defending her, or do I misread you? Beware, if you deny this, I will want to see your take on some of the ridiculous crap straight from the sewer of Fancy Nancy.

knocked-up daughters, I won't say "typical" but I will say common. Another legacy from the permissive, liberal agenda.

meth-dealing mils, publicity-seeking sils, , Is Mrs. Palin responsible for the Meth connection? NO! Unfair attack and the attempt to connect her to it is reaching. Publicity seeking assumes they were shopping for publicity. Are you suggesting the Press was not pushing for this? You already called Mrs. Palin "high profile." That being true, it seems obvious that "publicity" would be readily available in this family's circle.

all set in a house from which one mighton a clear day, see Russia. It's very amusing comedy.As for this comment, the formerly potential inlaws are not living in the Palin house. As for the Russia comment, have you ever been to Alaska? Have you enough sense or matur,,,,,,,,(nevermind):rolleyes: to understand hyperbole or political statements?

Water Closet
05-22-2009, 01:38 PM
If all our standards are judged by our inlaws, this might have validity. DUmbocRATS would certainly avoid this kind of scrutiny.
Sounds like a typical and logical approach to me. Are you suggesting that "Typical" familes promote an "open legs" attitude for their daughters? :confused:
, Which is why you attack her with your dripping sarcasm. If she were called Kennedy, Boxer, or Pelosy, you would be defending her, or do I misread you? Beware, if you deny this, I will want to see your take on some of the ridiculous crap straight from the sewer of Fancy Nancy.
I won't say "typical" but I will say common. Another legacy from the permissive, liberal agenda.
, Is Mrs. Palin responsible for the Meth connection? NO! Unfair attack and the attempt to connect her to it is reaching. Publicity seeking assumes they were shopping for publicity. Are you suggesting the Press was not pushing for this? You already called Mrs. Palin "high profile." That being true, it seems obvious that "publicity" would be readily available in this family's circle.
As for this comment, the formerly potential inlaws are not living in the Palin house. As for the Russia comment, have you ever been to Alaska? Have you enough sense or matur,,,,,,,,(nevermind):rolleyes: to understand hyperbole or political statements?

Go back and read the comment to which I responded. It had to do with family standards as regards to potential in-laws (Chelsea Clinton). I pointed out that the family standards were pretty low already, given their potential in-laws and their antics. Therefore, your nonsense about "responsible for" is simply not applicable.

As to understanding the "Russia from my house" comment, I understand it evidently better than the Aussie. Why don't you lecture him about comedy, irony, and hyperbole?

As to the rest, it's the typical "poor, poor victimized conservatives" crap that you wouldn't let go if were from the other side.

AmPat
05-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Go back and read the comment to which I responded. It had to do with family standards as regards to potential in-laws (Chelsea Clinton). I pointed out that the family standards were pretty low already, given their potential in-laws and their antics. Therefore, your nonsense about "responsible for" is simply not applicable.

As to understanding the "Russia from my house" comment, I understand it evidently better than the Aussie. Why don't you lecture him about comedy, irony, and hyperbole?

As to the rest, it's the typical "poor, poor victimized conservatives" crap that you wouldn't let go if were from the other side.

Apparently my" nonsense" which was directly related to your nonsense was missed again. Do you not understand my point that the potential Inlaws have NOTHING to do with the family standards of the Palin household. Children become adults responsible for their own choices. If the child's choice of mate carries the added baggage of idiot Inlaws, how does that suggest that Todd and Sarah have low standards? I think it suggests that the daughter compromised her standards or she had low standards to begin with.

I have little idea what the Palin "standards" are but one of those is certainly abstinence. A standard considered laughable by the Libiot community.

The family standards are in fact high (abstinence) but the failure of one to meet those high standards certainly doesn't change the standard.

Water Closet
05-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Apparently my" nonsense" which was directly related to your nonsense was missed again. Do you not understand my point that the potential Inlaws have NOTHING to do with the family standards of the Palin household. Children become adults responsible for their own choices. If the child's choice of mate carries the added baggage of idiot Inlaws, how does that suggest that Todd and Sarah have low standards? I think it suggests that the daughter compromised her standards or she had low standards to begin with.

You really don't seem to have read this thread. IF the Palin "family standards," such as they are, could be debased by Chelsea Clinton (hypothetically), what does it say regarding a meth-dealer and her jerk-off kid?

I have little idea what the Palin "standards" are but one of those is certainly abstinence. A standard considered laughable by the Libiot community.

Yes, very laughable, especially when your daughter gets knocked up from listening to your standard for her entire life.

The family standards are in fact high (abstinence) but the failure of one to meet those high standards certainly doesn't change the standard.

It doesn't change it, but it certainly reflects upon the achievability of such a "high standard." Give us all a break and go preach to your knocked up daughters on the virtues of abstinence.

Sonnabend
05-22-2009, 11:21 PM
And as we all know, WC is practically perfect in every way :rolleyes:

Your contempt for everyone except, of course, yourself, is well known.

Old. Boring.

Rockntractor
05-22-2009, 11:27 PM

Old. Boring.
We are supposed to be impressed!

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/watercloset.gif?t=1243049169

Sonnabend
05-23-2009, 01:25 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-cat-bullies-another-cat.jpghttp://that.animeblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/pancake-bunny.jpg

Sonnabend
05-23-2009, 04:39 AM
Yes, very laughable, especially when your daughter gets knocked up from listening to your standard for her entire life.

..and we can now see that you've never had a teenage daughter.I have no children, but even i know that they will do what they will, regardless of how hard you try.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 07:40 AM

Old. Boring.

You're wrong, trust me. My contempt is very selective.

Sonnabend
05-23-2009, 10:22 AM
You're wrong, trust me. My contempt is very selective.

Rightttt :rolleyes:

AmPat
05-23-2009, 11:49 AM
You really don't seem to have read this thread. IF the Palin "family standards," such as they are, could be debased by Chelsea Clinton (hypothetically), what does it say regarding a meth-dealer and her jerk-off kid?

It doesn't change it, but it certainly reflects upon the achievability of such a "high standard." Give us all a break and go preach to your knocked up daughters on the virtues of abstinence.

First off JackAss,

Don't bring MY daughters into this conversation. You may proceed to be the JackAss of the site all you want but DO NOT bring MY daughters into this................PERIOD. You may attack me all you want, I am the one to whom your idiotic comments are to be directed.

As for acheivability, Liberals like yourself usually acheive the low standards you set for yourself. I will continue to strive for the higher standards, success or not. You of course may continue to dwell in the filth to which you appear to be comfortable and acquainted.
Grow up or leave! Got it? :mad:

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
First off JackAss,

Don't bring MY daughters into this conversation. You may proceed to be the JackAss of the site all you want but DO NOT bring MY daughters into this................PERIOD. You may attack me all you want, I am the one to whom your idiotic comments are to be directed.

As for acheivability, Liberals like yourself usually acheive the low standards you set for yourself. I will continue to strive for the higher standards, success or not. You of course may continue to dwell in the filth to which you appear to be comfortable and acquainted.

First off Fuckwad. I didn't bring your daughters into it. The "your" was generic; I have no clue as to whether you, specifically, have any daughters or not.

Stick to your "high" and "moral" standards. Who gives a f**k. Those standards will simply continue to produce more trailer trash like Levi and sweet Bristol.

Teetop
05-23-2009, 02:22 PM
First off JackAss,

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/729/pwnedk.jpg

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 06:02 PM
First off Fuckwad. I didn't bring your daughters into it. The "your" was generic; I have no clue as to whether you, specifically, have any daughters or not.

Stick to your "high" and "moral" standards. Who gives a f**k. Those standards will simply continue to produce more trailer trash like Levi and sweet Bristol.

And, btw, given your superior vocabulary that you were touting earlier and the resultant enhanced linquistic skills, I would have thought you would have recognized the argumentative, generic "you/your." Hmmm, guess those skills aren't as well developed as you'd (specific, not generic, btw) like to think they are.

lacarnut
05-23-2009, 06:30 PM

First off Fuckwad. She just told you that she has daughters. Now you STFU about them you sorry piece of shit. Thank God she brought children into the world rather than a loathsome sorry bastard like you.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 06:36 PM
First off Fuckwad. She just told you that she has daughters. Now you STFU about them you sorry piece of shit. Thank God she brought children into the world rather than a loathsome sorry bastard like you.

As I pointed out to her(?) I wasn't referring to her daughters as I have no clue that she had any daughters. Hell, I had no clue that she was a she.

As to the rest of your comments, they simply reflect your ignorance and social level.

lacarnut
05-23-2009, 07:02 PM
As I pointed out to her(?) I wasn't referring to her daughters as I have no clue that she had any daughters. Hell, I had no clue that she was a she.

As to the rest of your comments, they simply reflect your ignorance and social level.

No, they reflect on what a classless, ignorant, uncouth piece of shit you are. BTW, when you refer to a respondents post as you or your, you are directing your words at that person. You don't have to be an English major to comprehend what you meant. That makes you a liar who is trying to weasel out of attacking someones family. So, I am not even going to mention your phantom mail order girl friend. Have a nice day asshole.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 07:07 PM
No, they reflect on what a classless, ignorant, uncouth piece of shit you are. BTW, when you refer to a respondents post as you or your, you are directing your words at that person. You don't have to be an English major to comprehend what you meant. That makes you a liar who is trying to weasel out of attacking someones family. So, I am not even going to mention your phantom mail order girl friend. Have a nice day asshole.

Well, since I am an English major, you're (you specific) are incorrect. When one is discussing a topic a "you" generalization is often used with no reference to the specific person being addressed. But, you (specific) wouldn't know that. I understand.

Rockntractor
05-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, since I am an English major, you're (you specific) are incorrect. When one is discussing a topic a "you" generalization is often used with no reference to the specific person being addressed. But, you (specific) wouldn't know that. I understand.
Boring! I want to hear about the phantom mail order girlfriend.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 07:15 PM

It's more exciting to lacarnut, as he rarely gets out of his backwater and, therefore, has really exotic ideas about mail-order Russian brides and the like. The reality is a bit more mundane, although perhaps just as much fun.

Anyway, you need to ask CW about that, not me.

Rockntractor
05-23-2009, 07:17 PM
It's more exciting to lacarnut, as he rarely gets out of his backwater and, therefore, has really exotic ideas about mail-order Russian brides and the like. The reality is a bit more mundane, although perhaps just as much fun.

Anyway, you need to ask CW about that, not me.
Do you have to pay by the pound to have them shipped? If you were into the chubby ones that could get expensive.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Do you have to pay by the pound to have them shipped? If you were into the chubby ones that could get expensive.

Couldn't tell you. I don't do chubby girls.

lacarnut
05-23-2009, 07:26 PM

It does not take an English major to understand that your remarks were a direct and filthy insult to Am Pat when she was making her point in a civil manner. Like I said, you are a low class piece of shit.

Water Closet
05-23-2009, 07:30 PM
It does not take an English major to understand that your remarks were a direct and filthy insult to Am Pat when she was making her point in a civil manner. Like I said, you are a low class piece of shit.

That would have been difficult since (a) I had no idea AmPat is/was a female nor (b) did I have any idea that she has daughters. Other than that, you're par for your usual course.

Rockntractor
05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/rat_toilet.jpg?t=1243122056

lacarnut
05-23-2009, 08:49 PM
That would have been difficult since (a) I had no idea AmPat is/was a female nor (b) did I have any idea that she has daughters. Other than that, you're par for your usual course.

Par is good in golf. Buzzards not so good.

AmPat
05-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Oh really? So I guess you are referring to a generic group when you tell "Me" to "go preach to your knocked up daughters?" Sounds fairly precise and specific to me. I guess your superior English skills just elude me.

It doesn't change it, but it certainly reflects upon the achievability of such a "high standard." Give us all a break and go preach to your knocked up daughters on the virtues of abstinence.Who is supposed to be "giving us all a break?" Is that generic also or was that meant for me? I guess I'm just that Rethug knuckle dragger you Libiots hold in such contempt. By all means though, continue the quibbling, it makes you look even more stupid.:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
05-24-2009, 02:00 AM
"backwater"
"flyover country"
"hick"
"hillbilly"
"trailer trash"

Yep, your contempt is very selective:rolleyes:.

RobJohnson
05-24-2009, 03:51 AM

I took this as a slam against the Palin family's standards, and not against anyone else. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. :)

Water Closet
05-24-2009, 07:13 AM
I took this as a slam against the Palin family's standards, and not against anyone else. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. :)

Thanks Rob. However, I will publically apologize to AmPat for any unintended offense given to AmPat's family by my comments. I assure you it was unintended as I was not even aware that AmPat had any daughters.

Water Closet
05-24-2009, 07:39 AM
"backwater"
"flyover country"
"hick"
"hillbilly"
"trailer trash"

Yep, your contempt is very selective:rolleyes:.

Evidently more selective than you seem to realize. In fact, if the "Search" function is working correctly, WC has never used the term "flyover country" and only used "hillbilly" once in a non-derogatory fashion.

As to the terms "backwater" and "hick," they are indieed derogatory referring not really to a location, but an attitude, i.e., a provencial attitude of those who pretend to know things and who issue pronouncements on places and people with whom they have limited (at best) familiarity through the application/projection of their own local values and mores. G. Bernard Shaw said it best in Caesar and Cleopatra...

Pardon him, Theodotus: he is a barbarian, and thinks that the customs of his tribe and island are the laws of nature.

Examples might include: (a) an attitude towards "muzzies" by those who know little or nothing about Islam (they mistake, for example, an abaya for a hijab), (b) a fear of change to ways of life, mores, social practices arising from a mythical fairytale about the way life is "supposed to be," and (c) a general xenophobia against anyone who's not a white Christian. Those people are indeed "backwater hicks," no matter where they originate from.

Sonnabend
05-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Evidently more selective than you seem to realize. In fact, if the "Search" function is working correctly, WC has never used the term "flyover country" and only used "hillbilly" once in a non-derogatory fashion.

WC = Cold Warrior = don't feed me a line of bullshit.

You are Cold Warrior, and if you say otherwise, you are a liar.

As to the terms "backwater" and "hick," they are indieed derogatory referring not really to a location, but an attitude, i.e., a provencial attitude of those who pretend to know things and who issue pronouncements on places and people with whom they have limited (at best) familiarity through the application/projection of their own local values and mores. G. Bernard Shaw said it best in Caesar and Cleopatra...

And you use them frequently.

Water Closet
05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
WC = Cold Warrior = don't feed me a line of bullshit.

You are Cold Warrior, and if you say otherwise, you are a liar.

http://ewf.hdsb.ca/grassroots2005/grassroots/images/detective-dog.gif

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/20KMillionaire/Brilliant-02.jpg

Sonnabend
05-24-2009, 08:12 AM
How about a simple "yes", Water Closet? Too hard for you to say it?

Water Closet
05-24-2009, 08:25 AM
How about a simple "yes", Water Closet? Too hard for you to say it?

Now where would be the fun in that. Watching you flail about is much more amusing...

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/02/t287597a.jpg

AmPat
05-24-2009, 12:11 PM

See post 79 if you think it was generic.
Does this look "generic?"

Who is the subject in this sentence? Is this not an understood subject? What "generic" entity is supposed to "preach?" It is specific and targeted and any attempt to weasel out by Toilet Clown is added proof as to his lying black heart.:cool:

FlaGator
05-24-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm considering moving this thread to the 'dome. It is definitely 'dome worthy since some of the participants have strayed into, let say less than adult behavior.

SarasotaRepub
05-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Don't bother asking him. :rolleyes:

:D