PDA

View Full Version : "Go Home Biden You Nazi Scum Serbs Tell Smoking Joe Biden !"

megimoo
05-21-2009, 09:06 PM
'Go home Nazi scum,' Serb hardliners tell Biden

BELGRADE (AFP) ó Serb ultra-nationalist lawmakers held up insulting signs in parliament Wednesday as US Vice President Joe Biden, considered a strong backer of Kosovo independence, arrived in Belgrade.

"Biden, you Nazi scum, go home," said the posters brandished by opposition Radical Party deputies during the live national broadcast of a parliament sitting which coincided with the start of Biden's visit.

The Radicals, who occupy around a fifth of places in the 250-seat assembly, then pasted the signs which also labelled Biden a "fascist" on a notice board and hallway.

They all appeared in parliament dressed in T-shirts bearing the image of the party's president, Vojislav Seselj, who is currently on trial for war crimes before a UN tribunal in The Hague.

Seselj's acting leader Dragan Todorovic described Biden's visit as "the saddest day in Serbia's history."

The United States represented "all bad things that have struck the Serbian people, and whose inspirer was for the large part Biden," Todorovic was as quoted as saying by Tanjug news agency.

Nationalist Serbs are deeply sceptical of Biden's visit, which the US vice president said was part of the Obama administration's bid to develop "healthy" relations with the former pariah state.

US warplanes took part in NATO's 1999 bombing of Serbia to end a violent crackdown on separatist Kosovo Albanian rebels by forces loyal to late autocratic president Slobodan Milosevic.

The 1998-1999 Kosovo conflict killed several thousand people and saw hundreds of thousands flee the disputed territory. Most victims were ethnic Albanians.

Serb authorities have imposed stringent security measures for Biden's visit, part of a landmark tour of the Balkan region also taking in Bosnia and Kosovo.

Kosovo is an ethnic Albanian-majority territory whose ethnic Albanian-dominated parliament seceded from Serbia in February 2008 and was promptly recognised by the United States.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hdiyv6s-6K6MWsm4Y-IlaHCEMqqQ

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Recognized in February 2008 by Condi's State Department? And yeah, let's side with the supporters of the butcher Milosevic as long as they hate the Obama administration. When I lived in Sarajevo, my maid was a middle-aged Bosnian from Srebrenica. She and her daughters had been raped by Milosevic's Bosnian-Serb thugs, and forced to watch afterwards while they murdered her husband and sons. But hey, she was a "muzzie," so it's all good.

patriot45
05-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Can't wait to read your memoirs! You have DU-esque type indignations!:cool:

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Can't wait to read your memoirs! You have DU-esque type indignations!:cool:

I understand that a shaven-headed, tatooed hick from Central Florida really doesn't understand the world, but if you'd like me to post some pics from Sarajevo, I'd be glad to. The assignment was not particularly unusual, btw, if you're not afraid of leaving your Pleasant Valley Sunday suburbs. There are all sorts of IT and consulting positions in Eastern Europe and the 'stans. This was a two year assignment wherein the ultimate client was USAID. However, if you think, like Sonna, that such things as living in DC and having a security clearance are the stuff legends are made of (rather than the pretty ordinary, run-of-the-mill situation), then I'm sure you would think a couple of years in Bosnia is terribly exotic.

Shannon
05-21-2009, 09:54 PM
I briefly dated a Serb years ago. His political views were...interesting.

Shannon
05-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I understand that a shaven-headed, tatooed hick from Central Florida really doesn't understand the world,

Nice.:rolleyes:

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I briefly dated a Serb years ago. His political views were...interesting.

The Serbs view themselves as the bulwark of Christian Europe against the Ottoman Turks. They point back to the Battle of Kosovo (Blackbird Fields) in 1389 which they lost decisively with pride. This is why Milosevic vowed never to give up Kosovo, as it's considered the heart of the Serb nation.

They're orthodox, with ties to Romania, Bulgaria, and Greece. When my girlfriend (who's also Orthodox) came to live with me during my last year in Sarajevo, my maid initially hid from her, out of her fear of the Orthodox. It took several weeks for her to convince the maid that she meant her no harm.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Nice.:rolleyes:

As nice as his response to me. If you can't take the heat...

patriot45
05-21-2009, 10:17 PM
As nice as his response to me. If you can't take the heat...

My response to you was a compliment, I guess you missed it. Reading your memoirs would be a hoot and I'm sure it would be as grandiose as any from DU. I didn't rag on your pedigree, did I?

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 10:30 PM
My response to you was a compliment, I guess you missed it. Reading your memoirs would be a hoot and I'm sure it would be as grandiose as any from DU. I didn't rag on your pedigree, did I?

Right! :rolleyes: I understand the DU reference as well as anyone else here. I went through a similar discussion with Sonna wherein he called me for claiming to have had a security clearance and to have done work for (not being directly employed by) the CIA. I tried to point out to him that if you live and work in DC (as I did at the time) and you DON'T have a security clearance, there is something wrong with you. Being an Aussie, with a view from afar of the US, he really couldn't (or wouldn't) understand that.

It seems to me that you don't understand that there's a whole group of people (ex-pats) who are (a) not associated with the military and (b) have lived throughout the world because they have consciously used their professions to do so. In the IT consulting world, it's not that hard. If I elected to, I could move to Riyadh, to Baku, to Kiev within the month. I did that for 11 wonderful years. I'm a bit old to try it again, but I'm considering opportunities in the asiatic FSRs. The money's good, no taxes up to the SSN limit, and your expenses paid. Since I don't own (or pay on) any property in the US, that's a pretty good deal.

People who have never been out of their provencial backwaters don't seem to realize that there's a whole world out there, accessible to those who are willing to sacrifice their relationships to experience it.

I also resent your implication regarding my maid. I worked extremely hard to assist her in immigrating to the US, which she did shortly before I returned.

BadCat
05-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Right! :rolleyes: I understand the DU reference as well as anyone else here. I went through a similar discussion with Sonna wherein he called me for claiming to have had a security clearance and to have done work for (not being directly employed by) the CIA. I tried to point out to him that if you live and work in DC (as I did at the time) and you DON'T have a security clearance, there is something wrong with you. Being an Aussie, with a view from afar of the US, he really couldn't (or wouldn't) understand that.

It seems to me that you don't understand that there's a whole group of people (ex-pats) who are (a) not associated with the military and (b) have lived throughout the world because they have consciously used their professions to do so. In the IT consulting world, it's not that hard. If I elected to, I could move to Riyadh, to Baku, to Kiev within the month. I did that for 11 wonderful years. I'm a bit old to try it again, but I'm considering opportunities in the asiatic FSRs. The money's good, no taxes up to the SSN limit, and your expenses paid. Since I don't own (or pay on) any property in the US, that's a pretty good deal.

People who have never been out of their provencial backwaters don't seem to realize that there's a whole world out there, accessible to those who are willing to sacrifice their relationships to experience it.

I also resent your implication regarding my maid. I worked extremely hard to assist her in immigrating to the US, which she did shortly before I returned.

Did you spend the day on a plane dude?
I don't see where Pat said anything about your maid.

patriot45
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM

Hey what do I know, I've visited about 15 states and lived in 3 of them. I thought I had seen it all! I guess if I elected to I could move to Georgia or the Keys, but I own a few properties and it ain't a good time to sell.
Sorry about what befell your maid, I myself have never had a maid. But 3 wives, 3 kids and 6 employees, things got done.

Florida - provencial backwater! I love it! You don't know how right you are, and how good it is!

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Did you spend the day on a plane dude?
I don't see where Pat said anything about your maid.

No. I spend tomorrow afternoon on the plane. That is, of course, if you believe I'm in KainTuck right now and not sitting at home typing this.

Quite frankly, it's bit tiring for those like the Aussie and, in this case, p45, to not understand something very simple and, if it's out of their experience, compare it to DU. These are the types for whom riding a plane is an experience of a lifetime, who don't understand the simplest things regarding the nature of the world, and the things it can offer to those who aren't bound by their middle-class norms.

I also deeply resent the implied slur against this woman (i.e., that she doesn't exist) as she was a sweet, gentle woman who had experienced the horrors of the new right-wing hero (by virtue of his follwers' opposition to the Obama administration), the butcher Miilosevic.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 11:31 PM
And oh yeah, Lars. Approximately 3000 people were killed by the muzzies in the WTC attacks. In Srebrenica, 8000 muzzie men and boys were slaughtered by Christians after turning over their arms to Christian protecters. Of course, only after watching their wifes and daughters being raped by Christians. And no bullshit regarding it being for political reasons. It was because they were muzzies.

Rockntractor
05-21-2009, 11:36 PM
No. I spend tomorrow afternoon on the plane. That is, of course, if you believe I'm in KainTuck right now and not sitting at home typing this.

Quite frankly, it's bit tiring for those like the Aussie and, in this case, p45, to not understand something very simple and, if it's out of their experience, compare it to DU. These are the types for whom riding a plane is an experience of a lifetime, who don't understand the simplest things regarding the nature of the world, and the things it can offer to those who aren't bound by their middle-class norms.

I also deeply resent the implied slur against this woman (i.e., that she doesn't exist) as she was a sweet, gentle woman who had experienced the horrors of the new right-wing hero (by virtue of his follwers' opposition to the Obama administration), the butcher Miilosevic.
If you are a liar you have a good memory and are well read also a vivid imagination. There are enough lies in your story that I never no which part of what you say is truth and which is bullshit. Why don’t you come clean on the lies so we can believe the rest? What satisfaction can you get from impressing people on a forum anyway?

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 11:39 PM
If you are a liar you have a good memory and are well read also a vivid imagination. There are enough lies in your story that I never no which part of what you say is truth and which is bullshit. Why donít you come clean on the lies so we can believe the rest? What satisfaction can you get from impressing people on a forum anyway?

You got me. I don't no!

BadCat
05-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't know much about the area, but there is one thing I've noticed.

I collect WW2 firearms, and I have quite a few "Yugoslavian" versions of the Nazi K98. The Nazis had a factory in Yugoslavia, which kept making firearms for the Yugoslavians after WW2.

The odd thing about these rifles is the bayonets that come with them. Usually a bayonet is not very sharp on the edges, they are "pokers".

The Yugo bayonets are razor sharp on the edges and point. These things were made to do some serious damage. I get the feeling those guys don't fuck around when it comes to killing people.

Water Closet
05-21-2009, 11:49 PM

I collect WW2 firearms, and I have quite a few "Yugoslavian" versions of the Nazi K98. The Nazis had a factory in Yugoslavia, which kept making firearms for the Yugoslavians after WW2.

The odd thing about these rifles is the bayonets that come with them. Usually a bayonet is not very sharp on the edges, they are "pokers".

The Yugo bayonets are razor sharp on the edges and point. These things were made to do some serious damage. I get the feeling those guys don't fuck around when it comes to killing people.

Eastern Europe, in the run-up to WWII, was a very difficult and strange place. Competing factions, some Nazi (the Utashi of Croatia, for example) and some Russian/Communist leaning fought for control of various countries. Romania deposed King Michael to accomodate the Nazis. The Spanish Civil War illustrates the battle of the extremes, between the Nazi-like forces of Franco and the Russian Communist proxies, with liberals and traditional conservative villagers caught in the middle.

If you'd like to read a good book on Yugoslavia during this period, I highly recommend Rebecca West's Black Lamb and Grey Falcon (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Lamb-Grey-Falcon-Twentieth-Century/dp/0140188479).

Rockntractor
05-21-2009, 11:50 PM

I bought a 35 whelen built on a 1938 98 mauser action it is a tack driver. It has a MacGowen barrel and thumbhole stock. I just bought in in january and it is becoming one of my favorite rifles.