PDA

View Full Version : "Screw You Obama We Don't need Your Stinking Permission !"

megimoo
05-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Israel Asserts Right to Strike Iran Without Warning US

Israel has no obligation to inform the United States of an impending attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, Israeli national security adviser Uzi Arad said yesterday (see GSN, May 21).

The United States, Israel and much of Europe have expressed concern about Iranian uranium enrichment activities that could support nuclear-weapon development, but Tehran has said its atomic ambitions are strictly peaceful. In a recent meeting with CIA chief Leon Panetta, Israeli leaders reportedly vowed to warn Washington of any imminent Israeli military action against Iran (see GSN, May 14).

However,"there have been past instances in which Israel did not update the United States regarding military operations," Arad told Israeli army radio, according to the Xinhua News Agency.

During a visit to Washington this week, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "clarified that Israel reserves itself operational freedom, and several of the most senior figures in the Obama administration said 'of course,'" Arad added (Xinhua News Agency I, May 21).

The Israeli air force yesterday wrapped up a four-day defense drill that simulated missile and aircraft attacks by Iran and other neighboring states, Agence France-Presse reported.

The drill "was successful and important. What we saw strengthens our security that there is someone we can trust," Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.

The exercise did not include dry-run strikes on Iran, a military official told AFP (Agence France-Presse/Yahoo!News, May 21).

Meanwhile, the U.S. House Intelligence Committee's top Republican expressed concern Tuesday about the Obama administration's plan to pursue dialogue with Iran through 2009 before potentially adopting a harder line on the Middle Eastern state's nuclear efforts, the Washington Times reported.

"That's a high-risk strategy ... based on the estimates that we have that are out there" about the time line of a possible Iranian effort to build a nuclear bomb, said Representative Peter Hoekstra (Mich.). Some U.S. estimates suggest that Iran could obtain a nuclear weapon within a year, and Israel believes Tehran could have the bomb even earlier, according to the Times.

Military strikes might not eliminate all of Iran's nuclear facilities, Hoekstra said: "I've got concerns whether we know where all their capabilities and things are (located)."

Instead, he urged the United States to work with Russia, China and European nations to establish "a vigorous sanctions regime" aimed at pressuring Tehran to abandon its disputed nuclear activities (Bill Gertz, Washington Times, May 21).

The head of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff yesterday reaffirmed his belief that Iran poses a major nuclear threat, Reuters reported.

"I'm one who believes that Iran getting a nuclear weapon is calamitous for the region and for the world," Adm. Michael Mullen told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

"It then, in my view, generates neighbors who feel exposed, deficient and then develop or buy the capability themselves," he said, hinting that a nuclear-armed Iran could trigger an arms race in the region. "The downside, potentially, is absolutely disastrous."

"Major leaders, internationally, have got to come together to arrest this growth or the long-term downside for the people in the world is really, really tragic and drastic," Mullen said (Andrew Gray, Reuters, May 21).

Elsewhere, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denounced his predecessor's decision to suspend uranium enrichment in a 2003 agreement with three European powers, the Associated Press reported yesterday.

Mohammad Khatami signed the deal in an effort to assuage Western fears that Iran was seeking a nuclear weapon. The uranium enrichment process can generate nuclear plant fuel but also nuclear bomb material.

The reformist leader reneged on the agreement in 2005, after the international community pressed Tehran to shutter its enrichment program permanently. The effort resumed under Ahmadinejad's leadership in early 2006.

"Enemies have designed colonial policies. When they drew up the disgraceful agreement in their Sa'adabad meeting, they considered the Iranian nation finished," Ahmadinejad said, according to his Web site (Ali Akbar Dareini, Associated Press/Baltimore Sun, May 21).

http://www.globalsecuritynewswire.org/gsn/nw_20090522_9232.php

lacarnut
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like they are saber rattling. If not, hello $4 per gallon gasoline prices again.

BadCat
05-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Looks like they are saber rattling. If not, hello $4 per gallon gasoline prices again.

My car burns radioactive gasoline just fine.

lacarnut
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM

Mine too. Between this idiot in the W.H. and the Democraps, they are hell bent on throwing Israel under the bus, creating an oil shortage and pissing away billions on green energy.

Lars1701a
05-22-2009, 02:19 PM

QUOTE OF THE DAY. :D

Might give some pep to your car. :)

noonwitch
05-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I presume if Israel is ready to act against Iran unilaterally, then they are also prepared to give up any and all american aid dollars.

I understand Israel's position-Iran supports the terrorists that strike them, and they make threats to wipe Israel off the map on a regular basis. I'd like to see the Iranian people revolt and get rid of the mullahs. I hope Obama finds a way to encourage that.

Rockntractor
05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I presume if Israel is ready to act against Iran unilaterally, then they are also prepared to give up any and all american aid dollars.

I understand Israel's position-Iran supports the terrorists that strike them, and they make threats to wipe Israel off the map on a regular basis. I'd like to see the Iranian people revolt and get rid of the mullahs. I hope Obama finds a way to encourage that.
Do you honestly believe Obama can bring peace to the middle east or is it more liberal hope and nothing else?

FlaGator
05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
There will be peace in the Middle East... eventually.

Rockntractor
05-22-2009, 05:35 PM
There will be peace in the Middle East... eventually.
But only after much blood shed.

megimoo
05-22-2009, 06:07 PM

Dream on little liberal.The Iranian people are virtual slaves to the Mullahs in a complete military state .Obama has a deep and abiding hatred of Israel and would in an instant 'cut them lose' if he thought he could get away with it.In the final analysis GOD will come to Israel's aid just when things look the worst and their backs are to the wall !Obama will do nothing except betray them !The American liberal Jews who supported Obama will not bat an eyelash over Israel's downfall .To them Liberal/Progressive Politics trumps loyalty to homeland !