PDA

View Full Version : Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

NJCardFan
05-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Anyone been there? I went there last Sunday and was greatly disappointed. You can't even take any pictures as that is forbidden. What a crock and a waste of $54($22x2+$10 parking). Thankfully the Pro Football Hall of Fame saved the day.

newshutr
05-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Anyone been there? I went there last Sunday and was greatly disappointed. You can't even take any pictures as that is forbidden. What a crock and a waste of $54($22x2+$10 parking). Thankfully the Pro Football Hall of Fame saved the day.

I live in Cleveland and I work at a local TV station here. We'd go to do live shots in the morning at the RNRHOF to promote a new exhibit or such and we'd be told, "OK, you can shoot number 3, 7, 8, 11, 15 in the display case but not the other stuff..."

It's because there are copyright issues and such still active with some articles on display. Yeah, I know, it's ridiculous but it's their rule.

I once was told that I couldn't shoot certain guitars of Jerry Garcia's on display because they were being contested in his will.

It's not a bad place when they have a great display going on. But they're hamstrung by the powers that be in New York really.

The Football HOF is awesome.

NJCardFan
05-24-2009, 09:59 AM
It wasn't just that. To me the place was just blah. It should be so much better, and bigger. For example, in the Elvis section there is a purple Lincoln Town Car. Was it Elvis' car? Nupe. It was a car Elvis bought for someone. Um, ok. And the section on the Beatles was an embarrassment.

Oh, I do need to add that I was surprised on how clean Cleveland was. Much cleaner than Philly which is a garbage dump by comparison.