PDA

View Full Version : Ladies: Do you like your men clean shaven or stubbly?

LibraryLady
07-03-2008, 02:24 PM
A poll Why women prefer stubble (http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/world/265021/why-women-prefer-stubble.html)insists that wome prefer stubble but I disagree. What's the CU opinion?

linda22003
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
On the face, right?

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I voted for smooth and sweet. I don't have a horror of a full beard but guys have to fish or cut bait - grow it out or shave it off; one or the other. It's repulsive to cuddle up with a face full of sandpaper. Mr. Snaps is not a beard-challenged guy and in the summer he has to shave twice a day. His inconvenience prevents me from getting "beard burn".

Even visually, a stubble look isn't sexy to me, it's just neglectful.

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
On the face, right?

We'll discuss your Manzillion interests later. :D

LibraryLady
07-03-2008, 02:49 PM
On the face, right?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/googleStrip.gif

Shannon
07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
I prefer smooth but I don't mind stubble. I have never dated a guy with a beard. My first husband had a moustache and my second had a goatee. I didn't mind those.

Jumpy
07-03-2008, 05:45 PM
It depends on my mood. :cool:

Goldwater
07-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I voted for smooth and sweet. I don't have a horror of a full beard but guys have to fish or cut bait - grow it out or shave it off; one or the other. It's repulsive to cuddle up with a face full of sandpaper. Mr. Snaps is not a beard-challenged guy and in the summer he has to shave twice a day. His inconvenience prevents me from getting "beard burn".

You do realize there is an in between right? Are we supposed to stay indoors when it's growing for you?

CLibertarian
07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
You do realize there is an in between right? Are we supposed to stay indoors when it's growing for you?

It's just like a woman's attitude toward a home remodeling project. They think that you walk in with a stack of material, snap your fingers, and it supposed to 100% complete. They have no understanding that a process has to occur to get from the begininng to the end.:D

I'll now go duck for cover.:eek:

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 08:44 PM

We're talking about guys who deliberately maintain a three-day stubble look over months or years. It's fine if you are growing it out into a beard.

Shannon
07-03-2008, 08:47 PM
We're talking about guys who deliberately maintain a three-day stubble look over months or years. It's fine if you are growing it out into a beard.

Wasn't it George Michael who made that look popular in the late 80s? Clooney sports it sometimes, I think.

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Wasn't it George Michael who made that look popular in the late 80s? Clooney sports it sometimes, I think.

I'm not sure but it's all over now. There's some eyeglass commercial with a guy who has huge jaws to begin with and they are covered in stubble. I'm almost physically repelled by him. :eek:

SaintLouieWoman
07-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Ginger, something's wrong tonight. We're in total agreement again. I prefer the smooth, as my skin easily gets red from stubble.