PDA

View Full Version : CA Supreme Court Rules on Prop 8

hazlnut
05-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Prop 8 - VALID

18,000 Marriages - VALID

Court upholds Prop 8 (http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/Prop-8-decision-46094782.html)

SAN FRANCISCO ó The California Supreme Court upheld a constitutional amendment today banning same-sex marriage despite claims from gay marriage advocates that taking away such a fundamental right requires more than a simple majority at the ballot box.

California Supreme Court upholds ban on gay marriages (http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/05/california-supreme-court-upholds-ban-on-gay-marriages.html)

The California Supreme Court ruled today that a measure banning gay marriage in the state is constitutional, the Associated Press reports.

The measure, known as Proposition 8, passed in a referendum in November by a 52-48 margin. The measure reinstated a ban on same-sex marriage after the state Supreme Court, in a ruling last May, approved such marriages.

The latest ruling, however, lets stand the marriage of about 18,000 gay couples who were married in California between May and November of last year.

Too much traffic on Ca Court Site to D/L written decision.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Its a partial victory for Moral upstanding people (pro Prop 8 people)

Does not matter there will not be many people living in that fucking state much longer due to high taxes.

StoicLion
05-26-2009, 01:34 PM
Oh boy, expect a lot of ham-fisted indignation from the Left on this one. This ought to be good to watch on the news tonight.

BadCat
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
So tell us, "Haz", are you celebrating or mourning?

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 01:36 PM
So tell us, "Haz", are you celebrating or mourning?

I would vote for mourning.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Hazl and his whole family must be having a really good cry right about now :(:p:D

stsinner
05-26-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=14618

Phillygirl
05-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Hazl and his whole family must be having a really good cry right about now :(:p:D

What's his family got to do with it?

megimoo
05-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Its a partial victory for Moral upstanding people (pro Prop 8 people)

Does not matter there will not be many people living in that fucking state much longer due to high taxes.Wall to wall dikes and dukes will stay !

hazlnut
05-26-2009, 05:08 PM

Why would you say that, Lars?

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 05:17 PM
What would you say that, Lars?
I miss linda numbers.

hazlnut
05-26-2009, 05:43 PM
What's his family got to do with it?

I can answer that for you with some of the compassionate conservative's greatest hits:

When you and your son go out trolling for dudes do you give him pointers? Did someone rough you up as a kid for being gay? Its good your son has a role model to emulate. :D

Nice, huh?

I think of your wife/live in girlfriend, its a shame she was with a homo all those years and needs a real man in her life I could help her out. :p

And don't forget...

I'm sure [your son] will. Having a faggot for a daddy will make kids appreciate terms like "nutsucker".

Couple of sweethearts, those two...

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 05:51 PM
Why don't you just go
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/funny_67.gif?t=1243374674

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Why would you say that, Lars?

Because you cant marry your lifemate larry. :(

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I can answer that for you with some of the compassionate conservative's greatest hits:

Nice, huh?

And don't forget...

Couple of sweethearts, those two...

Where did you get the idea that I was compassionate?

BadCat
05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Where did you get the idea that I was compassionate?

This idiot (Hazel) just doesn't know when he's been beaten...by his own words no less.

I suspect the following:

1. He's an alcoholic
2. He is psychologically "unhinged".

A dangerous combination.

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Hazelnuts is a ballchinian. I do't think I can get away with posting a picture of him.

Sonnabend
05-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Marraige is a man and a woman.

Full stop.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Marraige is a man and a woman.

Full stop.

I dont know what "rights" gays want that they dont already have? They can marry the same people i can.

hazlnut
05-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I dont know what "rights" gays want that they dont already have? They can marry the same people i can.

Maybe you should read up on the issue before commenting on it.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Maybe you should read up on the issue before commenting on it.

Oh I know all the facts bub.

They want special rights. They have the same rights as I have.

Well Toilet closet was banned only one more to go......

samurai
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM

They want new rights, rights that no one has ever had before in this country. But they know they can't frame it like that, so they are pretending it's a civil rights matter of discrimination, that they don't have the rights straight people do.

Fact is, straight or gay, everyone has the right to marry 1 adult of the opposite gender who is not already married and not a close blood relative, if they can find someone like that willing to marry them (not a sure thing at all!). No one in this country has the right to marry "people they are attracted to" or "whomever and whatever they feel an attraction to", which is the whole basis of the discrimination claim. In fact, many people end up settling for marrying people they AREN'T physically attracted to because they'd rather not be alone (I know several people who did that...).

I would have much more respect for the gay movement if they would admit they are asking for unprecedented new rights (with all the inherent dangers that entails), rather than playing word games.

Shannon
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM

And then you can talk to yourself.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 09:01 PM

We can't get rid of all of the chew toys at once. There isn't much waiting in line. We need to start house training japanaroid!

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
With watercloset most of the stuffing was gone and we were familiar with all the sounds he made. Hazelnerd has got a lot of chewing left.

samurai
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM

Look, I know I don't have a big post count here, but I only saw Hazl reacting with a touch of anger after his son was brought into the discussion, which was only natural. I'm glad there are a few non-conformist or even left-wing voices here, otherwise it's just a boring echo chamber of "Yup, right on, I agree too..." Like Shannon said, pretty soon you're just talking to yourself, or your ideological clones.

I don't think there should be an active effort to ban Hazl for his beliefs, only if he crosses the forum's rules in some way. Banning people for having the wrong beliefs is symptomatic of the radical left, and should have no place on a forum of people who should believe in free speech and liberty for all.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 09:08 PM
We can't get rid of all of the chew toys at once. There isn't much waiting in line. We need to start house training japanaroid!

I stand corrected. :D

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Look, I know I don't have a big post count here, but I only saw Hazl reacting with a touch of anger after his son was brought into the discussion, which was only natural. I'm glad there are a few non-conformist or even left-wing voices here, otherwise it's just a boring echo chamber of "Yup, right on, I agree too..." Like Shannon said, pretty soon you're just talking to yourself, or your ideological clones.

I don't think there should be an active effort to ban Hazl for his beliefs, only if he crosses the forum's rules in some way. Banning people for having the wrong beliefs is symptomatic of the radical left, and should have no place on a forum of people who should believe in free speech and liberty for all.

Like i said before if you throw him into the discussion dont get pissed or prissy about others commenting on him.

BadCat
05-26-2009, 09:13 PM

I think you need to read the Dome thread "Friday Night Fight"...posts #92 and 104.
Hazle is a Class A LIAR and a First Rate hypocrite.

samurai
05-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Like i said before if you throw him into the discussion dont get pissed or prissy about others commenting on him.

The bigger points still stands... it's better IMHO to have an exchange of ideas and debate than to oust people with the wrong beliefs to create an echo chamber. We don't want the place to be over-run with leftists, of course (there are far too many sites like that already), but on the other hand, I find active campaigns to get rid of someone to be distasteful and anathema to the principles we should stand for.

BadCat
05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
The bigger points still stands... it's better IMHO to have an exchange of ideas and debate than to oust people with the wrong beliefs to create an echo chamber. We don't want the place to be over-run with leftists, of course (there are far too many sites like that already), but on the other hand, I find active campaigns to get rid of someone to be distasteful and anathema to the principles we should stand for.

I'm certainly not advocating that he be banned. Only that he be seen for what he has shown us he is, and treated accordingly.

samurai
05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm certainly not advocating that he be banned. Only that he be seen for what he has shown us he is, and treated accordingly.

That was in reaction to Lar's statement:

I've debated leftists on their own sites many, many times, and I have been the object of "just ban him already" or "you're the next to go" comments like that many times. And sooner or later, the lefties get tired of my dissenting voice and I'm banned, despite never having broken any rules. I got tired of it after the last (very recent) go round of it, which is why I decided that it may be time to stick with "my own kind", as it were, on a more conservative forum. So forgive me if that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but I've been on the other side of it too many times.

Lars1701a
05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

I've debated leftists on their own sites many, many times, and I have been the object of "just ban him already" or "you're the next to go" comments like that many times. And sooner or later, the lefties get tired of my dissenting voice and I'm banned, despite never having broken any rules. I got tired of it after the last (very recent) go round of it, which is why I decided that it may be time to stick with "my own kind", as it were, on a more conservative forum. So forgive me if that's a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but I've been on the other side of it too many times.

I am all for debating leftists but Logan err Hazlnuts does not debate but I am all for keeping a chew toy around.

hazlnut
05-26-2009, 11:25 PM

Samurai:

I appreciate the effort, but save your breath, because you are an adult trying reason with children. Children lack the maturity to see things as adults do, therefore trying to argue or reason with them rarely works; you can only set and enforce boundaries.

CueSi gave me some great advice:

Why do you keep responding to these guys? Christ, it's like trying to keep my friends dog from eating it's poop.

~QC

I realized that I had chewed them up and pooped them out many, many threads ago. But, like her friends dog, I was stupidly trying to chew them up again. I thought I could chew all the bigotry and homophobiaright out them.

This was a foolish notion because all that anger and hate is probably not really part of them, but sadly, those negative emotions have become their drug of choice. Like addicts, they crave and feed off the negativity and need it to feel confident.

However, like any addict, they first must admit they have a problem before we can help them. Honestly, I should have known better. Unable to attack my views, they attacked my family and my children. Regrettably, I fed into it.

Anyway, Iím taking the advice of mods and setting some boundaries. I hope to have some thoughtful discussions with you in the future.

Thanks again

Haz

stsinner
05-26-2009, 11:36 PM
No one in this country has the right to marry "people they are attracted to" or "whomever and whatever they feel an attraction to", which is the whole basis of the discrimination claim.

Wow.. Very well put!!

stsinner
05-26-2009, 11:37 PM
bigotry and homophobia

The entire lame argument in a nutshell...

Actually, truthfully, morality and adhering to your religion's teachings doesn't fit either of those words' definitions..

Rockntractor
05-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Cheer up hazle. You are loved.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/squeaking_poop_shaped_chew_toy.jpg?t=1243395653

BadCat
05-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Samurai:

I appreciate the effort, but save your breath, because you are an adult trying reason with children. Children lack the maturity to see things as adults do, therefore trying to argue or reason with them rarely works; you can only set and enforce boundaries.

CueSi gave me some great advice:

I realized that I had chewed them up and pooped them out many, many threads ago. But, like her friends dog, I was stupidly trying to chew them up again. I thought I could chew all the bigotry and homophobiaright out them.

This was a foolish notion because all that anger and hate is probably not really part of them, but sadly, those negative emotions have become their drug of choice. Like addicts, they crave and feed off the negativity and need it to feel confident.

However, like any addict, they first must admit they have a problem before we can help them. Honestly, I should have known better. Unable to attack my views, they attacked my family and my children. Regrettably, I fed into it.

Anyway, Iím taking the advice of mods and setting some boundaries. I hope to have some thoughtful discussions with you in the future.

Thanks again

Haz

Lying again, I never attacked your family or your children. Go back to the dome and re-read your posts.

Damn man, is the truth so foreign to you, are you just an habitual lying POS or do you have some weird kind of OCD?

You've been exposed as the two faced, deceitful liberal I knew you were when I saw your first post.

Good thing the mods are "coaching" you, because we all know you're too damn stupid to post by yourself.

hazlnut
05-27-2009, 12:48 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/squeaking_poop_shaped_chew_toy.jpg?t=1243395653

Thanks, Rock.

Appreciate the love.

Nice poop, too.

BTW-You go to Rocklahoma?

BadCat
05-27-2009, 01:50 AM
Thanks, Rock.

Appreciate the love.

Nice poop, too.

BTW-You go to Rocklahoma?

Did a mod help you write that?

hazlnut
05-27-2009, 01:59 AM

Rock:

Tempting but I'll have to pass. Like I said, I'm done chewing on them.

BTW, is that BC or Lars??:eek:;) It's hard to tell them apart.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Be good.

Haz

Rockntractor
05-27-2009, 02:31 AM
Rocklahoma looks interesting I just looked it up on google. I don't know if I could get my wife to go she has trouble walking. It wouldn't be a bad idea to find a wheelchair.Then maybe I could get her to do things again.

FlaGator
05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
I think we see a excellent example of mob mentality on display. There seems to be a 'let's pile on Hazlnut' aspect of some CU form of vigilantly justice going on. Let me know when you guys decide to 'string one up'!

Lars1701a
05-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Rock:

Tempting but I'll have to pass. Like I said, I'm done chewing on them.

BTW, is that BC or Lars??:eek:;) It's hard to tell them apart.

Thanks for thinking of me.

Be good.

Haz

I guessed you cried to the mods and they told you to shut up.

Rockntractor
05-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I think we see a excellent example of mob mentality on display. There seems to be a 'let's pile on Hazlnut' aspect of some CU form of vigilantly justice going on. Let me know when you guys decide to 'string one up'!
Yes things got out of hand. His last post to me was friendly mine was friendly in return. When you arrogently attack everyone constantly taking apart what they believe you stand a good chance of getting back far more than you sow. I plan on being friendly to hazle as long as he is civil to me. If he decides to start talking down again and treating me like redneck trash I will give him exactly what he wants. I for one hope he continues on this new path he doesn't need to agree with us all the time he just needs to be a friend in between the discussions there are plenty off threads on this board where we just visit.

CueSi
05-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Oh, yeah, the ruling: It's an awkward one. They're not ruling on the validity of the law itself, but the fact that it was done legally.

Now all that remains is the investigation of the Mormon church and their involvement in the passage of this law. I think what would probably upset the apple cart is . . .if the LDS is found innocent of wrongdoing. Mormon hatred (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Mormonism) is one of the last "legitimate" prejudices this country has, and it does not take much to kick it up, either from the left or the right.

~QC