PDA

View Full Version : 'Gay' McDonald's prompts boycott over its promotion of same-sex marriage

megimoo
07-03-2008, 08:26 PM
AFA urges millions to shun fast-food giant over its promotion of same-sex marriage

Following a link from the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce's website leads to a promotional for children's Happy Meals at the McDonalds website

The American Family Association, whose earlier boycott of Ford Motor Co. over its promotion of homosexuality was dropped after company sales fell 8 percent per month for two years, now is asking consumers to stop buying Big Macs and Happy Meals at McDonald's.

In a brief announcement today, AFA, whose constituents number in the millions, said it is "asking its supporters to boycott the restaurant chain."

"This boycott is not about hiring homosexuals, or homosexuals eating at McDonald's or how homosexual employees are treated. It is about McDonald's, as a corporation, choosing to put the full weight of their organization behind promoting the homosexual agenda, including homosexual marriage," said AFA chairman Donald E. Wildmon.

AFA pointed out McDonald's donated $20,000 to the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce in exchange for membership in the NGLCC and a seat on the group's board of directors. The NGLCC lobbies Congress on a wide range of issues, including the promotion of same-sex marriage.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=68672

Gingersnap
07-03-2008, 08:50 PM
That clown is kind of gay.

I have no problem supporting this since the last I ate there was probably 2006. :D

Zeus
07-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Does The Hamburglar get a new cohort or will he have competition from the Turdburglar ?

jinxmchue
07-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't eat at McD's, so... boycott accomplished! ;)

LibraryLady
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM
The Burger King has to be the creepiest spokes-person EVER! I have not been to BK since he came on the scene.

Dyne
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't care either way. I haven't eaten at Mickidies or whatever since this woman found a fried chicken head in her Chicken McNuggets. And McNuggets were may favorite food there too!

lacarnut
07-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I have not eaten there in several years. French fries are good; that's about it.

jinxmchue
07-04-2008, 08:36 PM
The Burger King has to be the creepiest spokes-person EVER! I have not been to BK since he came on the scene.

The first commercial with the King I saw was the guy who wakes up in bed, turns over and finds the King. At first, I thought it was supposed to be the guy's wife in a costume and my view of the King has been colored by that ever since.

nacho
07-05-2008, 03:49 AM
That clown is kind of gay.

I have no problem supporting this since the last I ate there was probably 2006. :D

A few years ago my local McD's had this super-duper-gay lifesize cutout of the clown, and for whatever reason he was bending over like he was ready for...er...yeah. And of course some smartass had put another cutout (with a biiiiiig smile, lol) right behind him. :D

noonwitch
07-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I only eat an occasional egg mcmuffin there. Most of their food upsets my stomach.

I like Burger King better, despite the creepy mascot.