PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton threatens to attack North Korea

nero
05-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Former US President Bill Clinton has revealed that his administration threatened North Korea with an attack aimed at destroying its nuclear facilities in 1994 unless it agreed to freeze its plans to build nuclear weapons..... "We actually drew up plans to attack North Korea and to destroy their reactors and we told them we would attack unless they ended their nuclear programme." ....North Korea agreed to halt its nuclear activities that same year, in exchange for two light-water power reactors and annual shipments of half a million tons of heavy oil. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2578497.stm

North Korea didn't enrich any plutonium under Clinton's two terms. When Bush took office we all watched as he threw diplomacy out the window and refused to talk to our enemies, North Korea then developed nuclear weapons under Bush and tested them.

Clinton threatened NK with attack if they moved forward, they then froze their programs.

Bush NEVER threatened the NK's with attack if they went forward, they then moved forward, and Bush did nothing.

North Korea was waiting for the hardliner Bill Clinton to leave office before they went forward with their weapons.

Take a bow George Bush, mission accomplished.

Sonnabend
05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
What's your DU name?

nero
05-29-2009, 09:19 AM
What's your DU name?

My name was Blarch. They banned me. Seems they can't handle the truth. As it turns out, DU is just a fucking circle jerk.

Hows this place ?

Rebel Yell
05-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Who gave North Korea the ability to enrich uranium to begin with, in exchange for the promise that they wouldn't use it for weapons making?

nero
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Who gave North Korea the ability to enrich uranium to begin with, in exchange for the promise that they wouldn't use it for weapons making?

I don't know. Who gave them this technology ?

...be careful now, I already know the answer, at least do a google search before posting.

Rebel Yell
05-29-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't know. Who gave them this technology ?

...be careful now, I already know the answer, at least do a google search before posting.

I should have posted more clearly, I apologize for that. The North Koreans were already nuclear capable, but the person I referred to just gave them more time to better develop a strategy to get away with it.

I give you credit for the threat of an airstrike, but the conditions only bought N Korea more time. Sound familiar? Hussein, anyone? Not our Hussein, Iraq's Hussein.

Agreed Framework between the United States of America and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Faced with diplomatic pressure and the threat of American military air strikes against the reactor, North Korea agreed to dismantle its plutonium program as part of the Agreed Framework in which South Korea and the United States would provide North Korea with light water reactors and fuel oil until those reactors could be completed. Because the light water reactors would require enriched uranium to be imported from outside North Korea, the amount of reactor fuel and waste could be more easily tracked, making it more difficult to divert nuclear waste to be reprocessed into plutonium

The breakdown of the agreement came when the U.S. finally figured out you can't trust North Korea.....

In October 2002, a U.S. delegation led by Assistant Secretary of State James A. Kelly visited North Korea to confront the North Koreans with the U.S. assessment that they had a uranium enrichment program [18]. Both parties' reports of the meeting differ. The U.S. delegation believed the North Koreans had admitted the existence of a highly enriched uranium program [19]. The North Koreans stated Kelly made his assertions in an arrogant manner, but failed to produce any evidence such as satellite photos, and they responded denying North Korea planned to produce nuclear weapons using enriched uranium. They went on to state that as an independent sovereign state North Korea was entitled to possess nuclear weapons for defense, although they did not possess such a weapon at that point in time

Who was in office in 2002?

Kim Jong Il has been playing the U.S. for fools for a long time, and through both parties. Carter was a Pussy, Reagan didn't care, Bush did nothing, Clinton thought he could make them like him (even got him an autographed Michael Jordan basketball, Bush did nothing, Obama (we'll see)...........

While the world's eyes were on Hussein, Kim Jong Il could do whatever he wanted.

nero
05-29-2009, 10:49 AM
So, Clinton never gave them the technology , like you implied.

And the Plutonium program was shut down under Clinton, freezing enrichment.

"Clinton thought he could make them like him "

No, He knew that when he threatened NK with attack that they WOULDN'T LIKE HIM.

It was Bush who waived some restrictions for the agreed framework reversing Clinton hard line that was trying to get them to like him.

What was your point again ?

FlaGator
05-29-2009, 10:53 AM
My name was Blarch. They banned me. Seems they can't handle the truth. As it turns out, DU is just a fucking circle jerk.

Hows this place ?

How many posts did you have before you figured that out?

Rebel Yell
05-29-2009, 10:55 AM
So, Clinton never gave them the technology , like you implied.

And the Plutonium program was shut down under Clinton, freezing enrichment.

"Clinton thought he could make them like him "

No, He knew that when he threatened NK with attack that they WOULDN'T LIKE HIM.

It was Bush who waived some restrictions for the agreed framework reversing Clinton hard line that was trying to get them to like him.

What was your point again ?

So, you think they really stopped until Clinton left office? Really? Wasn't it when Bush's administration ( Idon't say a President actually figures anything out) figured out they were still pursuing weapons that the agreement broke down?

Clinton didn't agree to give them light water reactors? Honestly, still not clear on whether they ever actually recieved them.

nero
05-29-2009, 11:01 AM
So, you think they really stopped until Clinton left office? Really? Wasn't it when Bush's administration ( Idon't say a President actually figures anything out) figured out they were still pursuing weapons that the agreement broke down?

Clinton didn't agree to give them light water reactors? Honestly, still not clear on whether they ever actually recieved them.

Bush supported the Agreed Framework after Clinton, and even waived restrictions on their requirments, dismissing the hardline Clinton took.

Yes, the reactors were never delivered, and if they were, they still couldn't produce weapons grade material, being light water

Rebel Yell
05-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Bush supported the Agreed Framework after Clinton, and even waived restrictions on their requirments, dismissing the hardline Clinton took.

Yes, the reactors were never delivered, and if they were, they still couldn't produce weapons grade material, being light water

Didn't I list Bush with the do nothings on the subject? Honestly, you can list Obama, the what if's of a McCain presidency, the next president (whatever party), and the one s after that. Bush and the anti war fags have fucked shit up to the point we won't have a president with the stones to go to war for a long time. a skirmish here or there, maybe. But not a war. We are a nation of pussies, period.

Sonnabend
05-29-2009, 07:30 PM

The WINNAH and still champion DUmmie spotter. GO ME!! :D:D

Hows this place ?

Why should we bother with you? What do you want with a bunch of RethugliKKKans and fascists and people who want to destroy the planet?

You find out DU is a cesspit (well DUH) then turn up here and start with the BDS.

Sod off, swampy.

nero
05-29-2009, 07:38 PM
The WINNAH and still champion DUmmie spotter. GO ME!! :D:D

Why should we bother with you? What do you want with a bunch of RethugliKKKans and fascists and people who want to destroy the planet?

You find out DU is a cesspit (well DUH) then turn up here and start with the BDS.

Sod off, swampy.

I came here to see what a dying political party looks like. It's not pretty.

Sonnabend
05-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Well allow me to explain something to you

Clinton screwed up, and was busy getting BJ's when he should have been paying attention

3000 died because Clinton was asleep on watch
Clinton and his moron pals appeased Kim Jong Il
Clinton iks and was a corrupt, impeached, disgraced and disbarred ex President with no credibility and even less common sense
Clinton lied under oath.That's called perjury.
Clinton cut and ran in Somalia, and invited attac k
Clinton was incompetent and could have had Bin Laden and didnt want him
Clinton was too busy pardoning his drug dealing family members to realise that his stupidity was about to culminate in the worst terrroist attack in the US for centures.

Dems are appeasers, and this now moron Obama is the worst of the lot, aliar, a fool, an empty suit.

The GOP isnt dying, and I am fairly certain that in a few short months, more than one wake up call wilkl be heard. This is only the beginning

How's that "hope and change" working out for you?

ACORN being prosecuted
Obama's picks being thrown out one by one over tax evasion and tax fraud
Obama and his addiction to the teleprompter
Trillions in debt
Cut and run in Iraq...what a surprise

You wanted to know how this place is? As far as you are concerned, this is who you are on CU

http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/funny/dog-chew-toy.jpg

You are our latest chew toy.

nero
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Well allow me to explain something to you

Clinton screwed up, and was busy getting BJ's when he should have been paying attention

3000 died because Clinton was asleep on watch

If memory serves, Bush was on watch when 9-11 happened. Maybe you should google '9-11 attack' and inform yourself.

Clinton and his moron pals appeased Kim Jong Il

Clinton tricked NK into freezing all plutonium production under his 8 years, and threatened to attack NK reactors if they were used for weapons. Bush allowed NK to produce weapons grade material, and never threatened NK and then did nothing when they started testing, all under his watch. But, of course, it was Clinton who was appeasing.

Clinton cut and ran in Somalia, and invited attac k

Reagan cut and run in Lebanon

Cut and run in Iraq...what a surprise

I thought the surge worked ?

Keep it up, you are killing the GOP.

Sonnabend
05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
If memory serves, Bush was on watch when 9-11 happened. Maybe you should google '9-11 attack' and inform yourself.

Yes, he had been in office a grand total of eight months.

Now tell us how Clinton prevented 9/11 over the previous EIGHT YEARS.[

Constitutionally Speaking
05-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Anyone stupid enough to vote for Obama deserves neither the job nor the freedom they are about to lose.

nero
05-29-2009, 08:36 PM

Now tell us how Clinton prevented 9/11 over the previous EIGHT YEARS.

Clinton's Justice Department had terrorism as a priority. When Bush took over his JD didn't even list terrorism in the top ten priorites.

If fault for 9-11 falls on Clinton because Bush was in office only 8 months. The the first WTC attack was Bush sr.'s fault ...after all, that attack came only a month after Clinton took office.

OOOOps, facts again.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Clinton's Justice Department had terrorism as a priority. When Bush took over his JD didn't even list terrorism in the top ten priorites.

If fault for 9-11 falls on Clinton because Bush was in office only 8 months. The the first WTC attack was Bush sr.'s fault ...after all, that attack came only a month after Clinton took office.

OOOOps, facts again.
Why didn't Clinton take out Osama?

05-29-2009, 08:43 PM

Now tell us how Clinton prevented 9/11 over the previous EIGHT YEARS.

Not only that, but the transition team was delayed by more than a month because the sore losers kept trying to steal the election.

They instituted rules that made it illegal to share information between domestic and foreign intelligence agencies.

They passed on taking custody of Bin Laden at least twice (more likely three times) AND refused to take him out when we had the chance.

They destroyed out intelligence gathering abilities (read up on the Duetch doctrine) and starved them with budget cuts.

05-29-2009, 08:45 PM

OOOOps, facts again.

Osama was not a known player before the first attack, and once it was known, Clinton failed to pursue him in any significant way.

nero
05-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Osama was not a known player before the first attack, and once it was known, Clinton failed to pursue him in any significant way.

He went after camps and positions in Sudan and Afghanistan at a time when Osama was planning further attacks. The repubs claimed he was playing wag the dog and there was no real threat, he was making it up to distract from monica.

As it turns out ....

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Anyone stupid enough to vote for Obama deserves neither the job nor the freedom they are about to lose.

Nero the big zero or should I say Eyelids closed

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 08:55 PM
He went after camps and positions in Sudan and Afghanistan at a time when Osama was planning further attacks. The repubs claimed he was playing wag the dog and there was no real threat, he was making it up to distract from monica.

As it turns out ....
He was the one with the Intelligence reports. Instead of waisting cruise missles why didn't he send in forces and take him out?

blueyonder
05-29-2009, 09:05 PM

Hows this place ?

Welcome! You will love it here!!!! Some are real intense and some like to clown around. Nice variety of people.

nero
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
He was the one with the Intelligence reports. Instead of waisting cruise missles why didn't he send in forces and take him out?

Thats the point genius.

With drones and cruise missiles we waste machines instead of wasting American soldiers.

Why didn't Bush invade after he took office ? hell, the Cole attack was a month before the election. Yet he took office and did nothing.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats the point genius.

With drones and cruise missiles we waste machines instead of wasting American soldiers.

Why didn't Bush invade after he took office ? hell, the Cole attack was a month before the election. Yet he took office and did nothing.
Clinton had a wide open chance and didn't take it idiot. Clintons use of machines was pathetic. He acomplished nothing in 8 years other than getting his nob polished by a polish girl.

nero
05-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Clinton had a wide open chance and didn't take it idiot. Clintons use of machines was pathetic. He acomplished nothing in 8 years other than getting his nob polished by a polish girl.

At least he bombed them ...Bush took office and did nothing.

As far as Clinton bringing Osama to America...I thought you guys would never allow it.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM
At least he bombed them ...Bush took office and did nothing.

As far as Clinton bringing Osama to America...I thought you guys would never allow it.
I am no big Bush fan but for 7 years he fought terrorism with no concern for his own popularity unlike this rockstar you elected who thinks he is a tv star and wouldn't know his own name if the teleprompter didn't tell him.

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 09:23 PM

Well, your boys from Chicago or should I say thugs are in power now; let's see how bad they are going to f. it up. Bowing and kissing ass will not get the job done. Junior.

nero
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, your boys from Chicago or should I say thugs are in power now; let's see how bad they are going to f. it up. Bowing and kissing ass will not get the job done. Junior.

It seems America approves.

Nearly two-thirds of likely voters – 64 percent – approve of the job Obama is doing on national security http://www.democracycorps.com/strategy/2009/05/obama-closes-the-democrats-historical-national-security-gap

You are the gross minority.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:42 PM

Nearly two-thirds of likely voters – 64 percent – approve of the job Obama is doing on national security http://www.democracycorps.com/strategy/2009/05/obama-closes-the-democrats-historical-national-security-gap

All that proves is the theory of evolution is false!

nero
05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
All that proves is the theory of evolution is false!

All jokes aside. It shows the American people trust the Dems more than the repubs with the safety of this nation.

The interrogators have now told us that torture has put us in danger and it has cost lives.

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 09:58 PM

His approval rating is dropping like a rock. It's now under 60%. After all those increased taxes hit your dumb ass, even liberals will be having Obama remorse. The one thing about being in the minority is that we know that a great percentage of Democraps are brain dead. They could not tell you what the 3 branches of government are; who the majority leaders of both parties are and how many judges on the Supreme Court.

We can do a man on the street in any shithole large Democratic city of your choice (note, only Obama supporters qualify for this survey) for some serious cash that will prove my point. Just load up the wagon, motormouth, proving my point that the majority is gross.

nero
05-29-2009, 10:04 PM
His approval rating is dropping like a rock..

He is at 65% http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 10:14 PM
He is at 65% http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx
Rasmussen Reports 05/25 - 05/27 1500 LV 56 43 +13
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

nero
05-29-2009, 10:17 PM
OOOPs.

RCP has him at 61% ...Gallup has him at 65%

Yep, falling like a rock, :rolleyes: in other news, only 21% of Americans call themselves republicans :D

He lost 3 points and you think his ratings are dropping like a rock ?

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 10:22 PM
OOOPs.

Yep, falling like a rock, :rolleyes: in other news, only 21% of Americans call themselves republicans :D

Only 29% call themselves democrat. Nothing to brag about. Why did they kick you off DU? I noticed they have been kicking the faggots off right and left. Are you a little light in the loafers.

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Just a big fat LOL...because that is all this thread deserves.

nero
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Why didn't Clinton take out Osama?

He was offered to the US, the republican congress wouldn't allow Clinton to bring a terrorist to the USA, despite already having dozens of Al'Qaeda in our supermax prisons already.

The repubs blocked it.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 10:27 PM
He was offered to the US, the republican congress wouldn't allow Clinton to bring a terrorist to the USA, despite already having dozens of Al'Qaeda in our supermax prisons already.

The repubs blocked it.
Your full of crap!

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
I believe you. The Republicans are Satan's tools.

nero
05-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Only 29% call themselves democrat. Nothing to brag about. Why did they kick you off DU? I noticed they have been kicking the faggots off right and left. Are you a little light in the loafers.

More lies.

The new Washington Post/ABC news poll has all sorts of intriguing numbers in it but when you are looking for clues as to where the two parties stand politically there is only one number to remember: 21.

That's the percent of people in the Post/ABC survey who identified themselves as Republicans, down from 25 percent in a late March poll and at the lowest ebb in this poll since the fall of 1983(!).

In that same poll, 35 percent self-identified as Democrats and 38 percent called them Independents.

And most indys broke for Obama.

nero
05-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Your full of crap!

Same story today. The republicans don't want terrorists brought to the states.

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Your full of crap!

Linda is in Alaska. Please behave.:p

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Same story today. The republicans don't want terrorists brought to the states.

They must be racists!

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Linda is in Alaska. Please behave.:p
Crap is not ok?

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Crap is not ok?

"Your" is not ok.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 10:46 PM
"Your" is not ok.
Yes maam. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Shannon
05-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes maam. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Make sure that it doesn't.

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 11:10 PM
OOOPs.

His disapproval rating (Gallup) was 12% on inag. day ---now it's 30%------ An 18% increase
His disapproval rating (Fox) was 16% on inag. day -----now it's 30%.

Yep his disapproval rating is going up and up. Give it time, all that fairy dust is going to wear off; people will begin to see that the change they were hoping for did not involve digging deeper into their pocket.

Sonnabend
05-30-2009, 12:45 AM
Dunno what Ahenobarbus is trying to prove. He aint convincing anyone here. :rolleyes:

05-30-2009, 06:31 AM

The repubs blocked it.

Prove it asshole.

nero
05-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Prove it asshole.

We just heard all the repubs say they would never allow a foreign terrorist to come here. Did you just miss all that ?

And...You are a hypocrite, of course you already know that. Bush also refused Osama when he was offered to him. Prepare your fake outrage. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

Clinton turned him down before 9-11 ...

Bush turned him down after 9-11...

Remember, 9-11 changed everything. Bush should have taken him.

Sonnabend
05-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Taliban 'ready to discuss' Bin Laden handover if bombing halts
The Taliban would be ready to discuss handing over Osama bin Laden to a neutral country if the US halted the bombing of Afghanistan, a senior Taliban official said today.

And Pres. Bush rightly told them to shove it. He might have stopped the bombing..AFTER they had handed him over.

Not before.

You missed that part. Gee. I wonder why....

nero
05-30-2009, 10:49 AM
And Pres. Bush rightly told them to shove it. He might have stopped the bombing..AFTER they had handed him over.

Not before.

You missed that part. Gee. I wonder why....

BS. He would never stop bombing.

Sonnabend
05-30-2009, 10:51 AM
BS. He would never stop bombing.

..and the Taliban never had any intention of handing Bin Laden over.

nero
05-30-2009, 10:59 AM
And Sudan never had any intention of handing him over either.

Not to metion you entire story is HORSE SHIT.

“I don't believe that is true. There was a story which is factually inaccurate that the Sudanese offered bin Laden to us,” says Mr. Clinton. “As far as I know, there is not a shred of evidence of that.” http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/06/18/60minutes/main624848.shtml

President Bill Clinton, then-National Security Adviser Sandy Berger and Director of Counterterrorism Richard Clarke among them – have testified there were no "credible offers" to hand over bin Laden. The 9/11 Commission found "no credible evidence" that Erwa had ever made such an offer

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/did_bill_clinton_pass_up_a_chance_1.html

The 9-11 commission found there was no evidence to back up your idiotic claim.

Sonnabend
05-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I've posted the document you have requested in three threads now. Care to comment?

Lager
05-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Nero, are you Michael Moore? You are, aren't you? Holy Shit, Micheal Moore is posting here!

nero
05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I've posted the document you have requested in three threads now. Care to comment?

What document ?

Rockntractor
05-30-2009, 05:04 PM
What document ?
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Stop-Being_a_dumbass.jpg?t=1243717293

AmPat
05-31-2009, 05:42 AM
All jokes aside. It shows the American people trust the Dems more than the repubs with the safety of this nation.
No, skewed polls conducted by liberals and aided by a dumb public that swallows liberal Press bias allowed an ineligible, inept, inexperienced, charismatic teleprompter reader into the highest office in the nation. Winning this election by DIMS is a total loss for the USA.

The interrogators have now told us that torture has put us in danger and it has cost lives.
No again. Liberal DIMS in the NSA/CIA, etc. have leaked secret intelligence to the liberal press (NYTs) that have put us all in jeapardy again.
DIMS and Terrorists - 1 /true Americans - 0