PDA

View Full Version : More on the Bible Study Group that is Threatened With Legal Action

FlaGator
05-29-2009, 04:50 PM
There's been more developments with the 15 person Bible Study group that meets in a pastor's home.

News of the County's order has re-ignited debate over the interpretation of the First Amendment.

The Joneses and their attorney of The Western Center for Law and Policy, based in Escondido, Calif, said the couple's rights to hold the Bible studies are protected by the U.S. Constitution.

The Administration Citation and Cease and Desist Order violate the "Jones' right to assemble peaceably and privately in their home for the purpose of religious worship," stated WCLP president Dean R. Broyles in a letter sent on behalf of the Joneses to the County Tuesday.

The letter alleges the County is discriminating against religious activity because it doesn't require a permit for secular assemblies such as cub scout meetings, friends gathering each week to watch sports on TV, book clubs, sewing clubs, or poker nights in residential zones.

Donald Wildmon, chairman of the American Family Association, defended the Bible study meeting on Thursday, urging supporters to sign a petition to the San Diego County Board that calls the County's actions "anti-Christian."

Let's see if I got this straight, San Diego is about to waste a bunch of money in a legal action to force the pastor to get a permit so he can hold a Bible Study in his home but secular groups aren't being required to do the same thing. The state of California is about to go broke and I'm sure the city could use the money prosecuting real criminals but instead they choose to spend the money defending their selective use of a city regulation against a bunch of Christians who just want to study the Bible. I can see more clearly why California is going broke.

Read the rest here (http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090529/pastor-cited-for-holding-home-bible-study-without-permit/index.html)

MrsSmith
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
There's been more developments with the 15 person Bible Study group that meets in a pastor's home.

Let's see if I got this straight, San Diego is about to waste a bunch of money in a legal action to force the pastor to get a permit so he can hold a Bible Study in his home but secular groups aren't being required to do the same thing. The state of California is about to go broke and I'm sure the city could use the money prosecuting real criminals but instead they choose to spend the money defending their selective use of a city regulation against a bunch of Christians who just want to study the Bible. I can see more clearly why California is going broke.

Read the rest here (http://www.christianpost.com/article/20090529/pastor-cited-for-holding-home-bible-study-without-permit/index.html)

I'm sure they figure it's best to go after the safe targets.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sure they figure it's best to go after the safe targets.
I'm not so sure all these safe targets are going to be safe much longer. It is building up I would think sooner or later we are going to blow. I srarted posting after the election because I was so angry I just had to talk to other people about it. I made fun of forums before that but I think I know now why people post. They are backing conservatives into a corner and I am getting tired of being mocked for being christians by the media.

megimoo
06-01-2009, 08:31 AM

San Diego is loaded with gays and even the fire chief is gay,They have in the past marched young school children during school hours in gay pride demonstrations when their gay school teachers illegally brought them there .It seems likely that the city council has some anti christian gays in a position of power !

stsinner
06-01-2009, 10:21 AM
They're probably just pissed that the citizens shot down homosexual marriage! Really. I'll bet they thought that in all of the states, California would be a sure bet to approve of homosexual marriage, and they suffered a resounding defeat! That's gotta hurt!

NJCardFan
06-01-2009, 02:55 PM
They're probably just pissed that the citizens shot down homosexual marriage! Really. I'll bet they thought that in all of the states, California would be a sure bet to approve of homosexual marriage, and they suffered a resounding defeat! That's gotta hurt!
Then why don't they pick on the black Baptists because they were the swing vote for Prop 8. However, they have since done a 180 and are going to leave the rev alone. http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/30/1n30bible00100-county-wont-force-permit-bible-stud/?uniontrib

lacarnut
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Then why don't they pick on the black Baptists because they were the swing vote for Prop 8. However, they have since done a 180 and are going to leave the rev alone. http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/may/30/1n30bible00100-county-wont-force-permit-bible-stud/?uniontrib

Blacks do not like those faggots comparing the civil rights movement to their abominable behavior. Between the liberals, queers and anti-religious freaks, this country is going to hell in a hand basket.