PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Vietnam Vet Told to Remove Marine Bumper Stickers Or Have Car Towed

AHeneen
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Homeowners Association Threatens to Tow Vietnam Veteran's Car Over Marines Decals

Thursday, May 28, 2009
Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522718,00.html)

A disabled Vietnam veteran in Dallas with more than 14 years of service in the Marines is under attack by a homeowners association, MyFOXDFW.com reports.

Frank Larison's offense: showing his support for the Marines by displaying seven decals on his vehicle.

"To me, it's being patriotic, and it shows that I served," Larison told the FOX affiliate.

The board of The Woodlands II on The Creek says the decals violate the rules of the homeowners association, which deems them advertisements even though the TV station spotted other residents' vehicles with bumper stickers for political parties, health causes and other non-commercial interests.

Larison has lived there for eight years. Now, he has been told in a letter to cover or get rid of the decals or his car will be towed and he could be fined $50 if it happens again, according to the report.

It may not come to that. The TV station wasn't able to reach top officials at the residential community, though one board member interviewed seemed surprised that Larimore was being singled out.

"I didn't know anything about this. I haven't seen this," board member Art Bradford told the TV station. "I will be looking into it."

nero
05-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Sounds like the genius signed a piece of paper that took some of his rights away.

The Marines will do that, and so will a homeowners association.

Maybe he should read what he is signing. If I am correct, the Marines will also tell you to remove politcal advertisments while serving.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Sounds like the genius signed a piece of paper that took some of his rights away.

Maybe he should read what he is signing. If I am correct, the Marines will also tell you to remove politcal advertisments while serving.
you really are pathetic now it's time to bash our vets is it?

nero
05-29-2009, 09:12 PM
who is bashing vets ?

The guy signed something he didn't read.

I was just wondering if he was aware of the rights he gave up when he joined the service ?

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:18 PM
We know dam well what you were implying and on the same week as memorial day too. Anybody with half a brain would stand up for this guy but I guess that would not include you.

nero
05-29-2009, 09:19 PM
what was I implying ?

megimoo
05-29-2009, 09:28 PM
who is bashing vets ?

I was just wondering if he was aware of the rights he gave up when he joined the service ?
Who in hell ever reads the fine print in those agreements ?Plus the homeowners association usually has a clique of an old transplanted New York lawyer and a a collection of old curmudgeons who have never voted any other party but liberal and a deep hatred the military .They have crafted a set of bylaws to control everything from flags to flowers ..

Sonnabend
05-29-2009, 09:29 PM

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/84565/2/istockphoto_84565-thin-ice-sign.jpg

Oh yes, by the way

Where did you serve?

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 09:30 PM
who is bashing vets ?

What do you want to bet the stickers stay on his car? Asshole. Furthermore, I would like to see a punk like you either try to remove the sticker or tow his car away.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 09:30 PM
what was I implying ?
Is japanaroid your brother?
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/485769170b747tom_20kubler_20dolls00.jpg?t=12436469 15

megimoo
05-29-2009, 09:45 PM
what was I implying ?
He served his country defending the rights of creeps like you free to run your ungrateful mouth . You apologise for those who harass him and deny him his pride of service to his country and his Constitutional rights because he doesn't subscribe to your party's anti American beliefs .Say goodby bunghole,you have wornout your welcome .

Zathras
05-29-2009, 10:15 PM

BZZZZZt, wrong answer Blinky. If you had taken the time and watched the video at the link you'd find that none of the stickers on the back of his car were advertising anything. They show his support for the USMC and America, something you have absolutely no knowledge of, you honorless, lying pimple on the ass of humanity.

lacarnut
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
who is bashing vets ?

In my home state, the DMV issues X-POW's and disabled veterans free of charge auto license plates with that designation. Also, we have retired military (Army, Navy,etc.) license plates that veterans pay for.

I guess an anti-American asshole like you would be against that also. BTW, he is out of the service now. Learn how to read, dummie!

MrsSmith
05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
the TV station spotted other residents' vehicles with bumper stickers for political parties, health causes and other non-commercial interests.
I guess you can only advertise the politically correct stuff. :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
05-29-2009, 11:43 PM
BZZZZZt, wrong answer Blinky. If you had taken the time and watched the video at the link you'd find that none of the stickers on the back of his car were advertising anything. They show his support for the USMC and America, something you have absolutely no knowledge of, you honorless, lying pimple on the ass of humanity.

Not to mention that the reporter covering the story said that if this car was in violation, so was practically every other car in the parking lot. And yes, he showed the stickers that were on the other cars.

It's bad enough that trolls come on here and be real assholes, but do they have to be stupid assholes too?

Zathras
05-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Not to mention that the reporter covering the story said that if this car was in violation, so was practically every other car in the parking lot. And yes, he showed the stickers that were on the other cars.

It's bad enough that trolls come on here and be real assholes, but do they have to be stupid assholes too?

I wonder how long before Blinky....er, Nero gets clobbered with the banhammer due to stupidity.

Rockntractor
05-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I wonder how long before Blinky....er, Nero gets clobbered with the banhammer due to stupidity.
He did 95 post in 14 hours. Not bad!

MrsSmith
05-30-2009, 01:32 PM

Yeah, that's the only kind we get. :(

CorwinK
05-31-2009, 01:23 AM
I could totally understand if his stickers were generally offensive (the support pimpin magnet you can get at Spencers for example) but good grief...pro-military stickers/decals?? what is it with people making big issues over things like that?

And as for Mr. Nero...be glad people like him and myself protect your right to make a total ass of yourself through your exercising of your first ammendmet right. As you enjoy it, remember that servicemembers have died so that you can enjoy it.

AmPat
05-31-2009, 03:57 AM
who is bashing vets ?

Yeah, apparently he AND the other homeowners mentioned failed to read the fine print. You know, the one about a bumper sticker being an advertisement?:rolleyes:

You are truly pathetic to attempt to make every post an attack on Conservatives. You're getting your head handed to you and you're too stupid to realize it. OTOH, it's good to have another liberal, idiot, laughing stock around here. Welcome!

lacarnut
05-31-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah, apparently he AND the other homeowners mentioned failed to read the fine print. You know, the one about a bumper sticker being an advertisement?:rolleyes:

You are truly pathetic to attempt to make every post an attack on Conservatives. You're getting your head handed to you and you're too stupid to realize it. OTOH, it's good to have another liberal, idiot, laughing stock around here. Welcome!

The ban hammer done gone and attacked his dumb ass.

AmPat
05-31-2009, 05:21 AM
The ban hammer done gone and attacked his dumb ass.

Darn, I was just beginning to pile on.:eek:

lacarnut
05-31-2009, 06:11 AM
Darn, I was just beginning to pile on.:eek:

His run was short but he posted almost 200 posts in a couple of days.

AlmostThere
05-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Personally, I'd rather discuss with someone with whom I disagree. I think we all would. But good God, please don't send a boy with a pocketknife to a gunfight with a man. If nothing else it's just damn annoying.

Rockntractor
05-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Personally, I'd rather discuss with someone with whom I disagree. I think we all would. But good God, please don't send a boy with a pocketknife to a gunfight with a man. If nothing else it's just damn annoying.
He had quantity with no quality. All old arguements nothing worth debating. The only point he had that was worth noting for me were the newspaper clippings from the Hawaii newspaper anouncing Baraks birth. I had not heard that evidence yet.

AmPat
05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
He had quantity with no quality. All old arguements nothing worth debating. The only point he had that was worth noting for me were the newspaper clippings from the Hawaii newspaper anouncing Baraks birth. I had not heard that evidence yet.

I agree. I just couldn't read the poor copy that was posted. Does anybody know a better quality source?