PDA

View Full Version : The most successful interrogation in WOT

nero
05-30-2009, 10:49 AM
The most successful interrogation of an Al-Qaeda operative by U.S. officials required no sleep deprivation, no slapping or "walling" and no waterboarding. All it took to soften up Abu Jandal, who had been closer to Osama bin Laden than any other terrorist ever captured, was a handful of sugar-free cookies....at their first meetings, he refused even to look at them and ranted about the evils of the West. Far from confirming al-Qaeda's involvement in 9/11, he insisted the attacks had been orchestrated by Israel's Mossad. While Abu Jandal was venting his spleen, Soufan noticed that he didn't touch any of the cookies that had been served with tea: "He was a diabetic and couldn't eat anything with sugar in it." At their next meeting, the Americans brought him some sugar-free cookies, a gesture that took the edge off Abu Jandal's angry demeanor. "We had showed him respect, and we had done this nice thing for him," Soufan recalls. "So he started talking to us instead of giving us lectures."...It took more questioning, and some interrogators' sleight of hand, before the Yemeni gave up a wealth of information about al-Qaeda - including the identities of seven of the 9/11 bombers - but the cookies were the turning point. "After that, he could no longer think of us as evil Americans," Soufan says. "Now he was thinking of us as human beings."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090529/us_time/09171190149100

This is the Same interrogator that testified before congress and said Bush/Cheney was not truthful.

Ali Soufan, testifying to a Senate panel behind a screen to hide his identity, said his team's non-threatening interrogation approach elicited crucial information from al-Qaida operative Abu Zubaydah, including intelligence on "dirty bomb" terrorist Jose Padilla.
Soufan said his team had to step aside when CIA contractors took over. They began using harsh methods that caused Zubaydah to "shut down," Soufan said, and his team had to be recalled the get the prisoner talking again. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30721458

Discuss:

Lager
05-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Sugar free cookies. What was next, the comfy chair, or the soft cushions? If we had thrown in a diet Pepsi, their whole network might have crumbled by now.

nero
05-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Sugar free cookies. What was next, the comfy chair, or the soft cushions? If we had thrown in a diet Pepsi, their whole network might have crumbled by now.

So, you don't really care if we get intel. You just want to get your rocks off on torturing someone.

You reject what really works because it's not macho enough ?

Keep it up kids. Your doing great.

Lager
05-30-2009, 11:22 AM
No, I don't want to torture anybody. I just find it laughable that you actually believe that sugar free cookies are the key to getting intel out of an interrogation subject. You know there are probably some that give up information strictly out of fear, before we try anything at all. And there are probably some that will never give up anything useful no matter what we do.

Odysseus
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
So, you don't really care if we get intel. You just want to get your rocks off on torturing someone.

And, naturally, sugar-free cookies and respect, having worked once, will work in all cases. Right. In the case of the three (count 'em, three) terrorists who were waterboarded, we were able to foil a planned 9/11 type assault on Los Angeles and roll up dozens of sleeper cells. And, as they say in Hollywood, no terrorists were harmed in the saving of those thousands of lives that the jihadis would have snuffed out.

What infuriates me about people like you is that while your heart bleeds for hardcore terrorists who were subjected to mild discomfort (I've got buddies who've been waterboarded as part of SERE training, and if we do it to ourselves, it isn't torture, now is it?), but when the terrorists commit what any sane person would consider an atrocity against us, you yawn and go right back to pretending that we're the bad guys. You need a lesson in what real torture looks like. Here are a few samples which, unlike the Abu Ghraib photos of hazings, weren't plastered all over the media, because, like you, they only see evil on our side of the line:

Daniel Pearl video (http://justsickshit.com/execution_video/Daniel_Pearl_execution.mpg)
Nick Berg video (http://www.annoy.com/sectionless/beheading.wmv)
Here's a pic of how our enemies treat civilians that they've captured. You can see what's left of them in the background, although you may have trouble recognizing them as human remains after the mob got through with them.
http://www.poynterextra.org/cp/AP.jpg

What you don't get, what you refuse to get, is that there are real horrors in the world, and the people who stand between you and the monsters who want you dead or enslaved aren't the enemy.

Grow up.

AlmostThere
05-30-2009, 11:53 AM

How long does this crap have to continue?

nero
05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I just find it laughable .

Thats obvious.

Ther are service men and women who risk their lives for our nation. There are those who have to interrogate hundreds, if not thousands of people in Iraq, these people are now speaking out and testifying to congress. Theyt are telling us that torture didn't work, and that most of the fighters they were seeing said they were fighting and killing our soldiers because of the detainee abuses, hudreds if not thousands of American soldiers were killed because of torture, this is not my opinion, it comes straight from the interrogators in Iraq. When our soldiers who are involved with these interrogations do find a way that works they will use it and develop it. It ISN'T about cookies and milk, it is about respect, this is what the interrogators said. They said in this case we got more info than any other case...and when the CIA did show up and start the torture, he clammed up and they has to be brought back in to get him talking again.

What I see here is a bunch of radicals making fun of a interrogation method that isn't macho enough for them.

It worked, the methods worked and we got intel, our service men and women deserve our respect and support for this accomplishment, but instead they get ridiculed and belittled by the GOP base.

This is why your party is dying.

Lager
05-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Thats obvious.

Ther are service men and women who risk their lives for our nation. There are those who have to interrogate hundreds, if not thousands of people in Iraq, these people are now speaking out and testifying to congress. Theyt are telling us that torture didn't work, and that most of the fighters they were seeing said they were fighting and killing our soldiers because of the detainee abuses, hudreds if not thousands of American soldiers were killed because of torture, this is not my opinion, it comes straight from the interrogators in Iraq. When our soldiers who are involved with these interrogations do find a way that works they will use it and develop it. It ISN'T about cookies and milk, it is about respect, this is what the interrogators said. They said in this case we got more info than any other case...and when the CIA did show up and start the torture, he clammed up and they has to be brought back in to get him talking again.

What I see here is a bunch of radicals making fun of a interrogation method that isn't macho enough for them.

It worked, the methods worked and we got intel, our service men and women deserve our respect and support for this accomplishment, but instead they get ridiculed and belittled by the GOP base.

No one is making fun of an interrogation method. Just your naivety. We've agreed that you have to adapt methods and use whatever works. You talk about sevice members, Odysseus is a service member that just responded to you with quite an effective argument.

One thing Cheney said about Obama was that he should make a non political examination of all the facts and a thorough examination of all methods and then make a judgement on what he thinks is he should keep or discard. Do you agree with him on that?

samurai
05-30-2009, 12:56 PM

Here's an idea to consider: What works on 1 person may not work on another.

So this guy was a pussy who talked for a few cookies (or maybe he was remorseful, or scared of what might happen if he didn't talk, etc). KSM have have had more steel in his spine and required more... persuasive... techniques. By all means, give the soft touch approach a try first, but if it doesn't work, and the guy definitely is a higher up with vital info, move on to progressively tougher things until he talks.

MrsSmith
05-30-2009, 01:27 PM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=14731

Troll sign #1...when getting your butt kicked, dump the original thread and start a new one...on the same topic. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nero
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
So this guy was a pussy who talked for a few cookies (or maybe he was remorseful, or scared of what might happen if he didn't talk, etc). .

If you had a brain, and were able to read the links I provided, you would have known this guy was tortured AFTER he gave the intel. And when they tortured him he clammed up and didn't talk. Sound like a pussy to you ?

They had to bring Soufan back in to get him to talk, the nice way.

This guy was tortured, and treated nicely. He only talked when treated nicely.

Ya, some pussy.

lacarnut
05-30-2009, 02:29 PM
If you had a brain, and were able to read the links I provided, you would have known this guy was tortured AFTER he gave the intel. And when they tortured him he clammed up and didn't talk. Sound like a pussy to you ?

They had to bring Soufan back in to get him to talk, the nice way.

This guy was tortured, and treated nicely. He only talked when treated nicely.

Ya, some pussy.

You were there so you know exactly what happened. Wrong, you anti-American piece of shit.

FlaGator
05-30-2009, 02:53 PM
How long does this crap have to continue?

I wouldn't sweat nero. He's the funniest thing to show up since the guy from Finland. Someone demonstrating that level of ignorance is either faking it to get a rise out of every one or so out of touch with reality that he has become a self-parody. Either way just sit back and enjoy the show because one should never stand in the way of someone who is determined to make a complete ass out of himself.

nero
05-30-2009, 03:36 PM
You were there so you know exactly what happened. Wrong, you anti-American piece of shit.

The article is about the guy who WAS there. He also testified to congress under oath.

He DOES know what happened.

You hacks are just shooting the messenger. The only way you can keep you views is to call everybody a liar.

The only way your radical anti american views hold up is if this interrogator that testified is lying ...therefore he is called a liar to maintain your radical views.

There isn't a cure for what you idiots have.

Teetop
05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
The most successful interrogation of an Al-Qaeda operative by U.S. officials required no sleep deprivation, no slapping or "walling" and no waterboarding. All it took to soften up Abu Jandal, who had been closer to Osama bin Laden than any other terrorist ever captured, was a handful of sugar-free cookies....at their first meetings, he refused even to look at them and ranted about the evils of the West. Far from confirming al-Qaeda's involvement in 9/11, he insisted the attacks had been orchestrated by Israel's Mossad. While Abu Jandal was venting his spleen, Soufan noticed that he didn't touch any of the cookies that had been served with tea: "He was a diabetic and couldn't eat anything with sugar in it." At their next meeting, the Americans brought him some sugar-free cookies, a gesture that took the edge off Abu Jandal's angry demeanor. "We had showed him respect, and we had done this nice thing for him," Soufan recalls. "So he started talking to us instead of giving us lectures."...It took more questioning, and some interrogators' sleight of hand, before the Yemeni gave up a wealth of information about al-Qaeda - including the identities of seven of the 9/11 bombers - but the cookies were the turning point. "After that, he could no longer think of us as evil Americans," Soufan says. "Now he was thinking of us as human beings."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090529/us_time/09171190149100

This is the Same interrogator that testified before congress and said Bush/Cheney was not truthful.

Ali Soufan, testifying to a Senate panel behind a screen to hide his identity, said his team's non-threatening interrogation approach elicited crucial information from al-Qaida operative Abu Zubaydah, including intelligence on "dirty bomb" terrorist Jose Padilla.
Soufan said his team had to step aside when CIA contractors took over. They began using harsh methods that caused Zubaydah to "shut down," Soufan said, and his team had to be recalled the get the prisoner talking again. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30721458

Discuss:

Done under the BusHitler admin.

Abu Jandal had been in a Yemeni prison for nearly a year when Ali Soufan of the FBI and Robert McFadden of the Naval Criminal Investigative Service arrived to interrogate him in the week after 9/11.

:rolleyes:

Not like it happened this year, DUmb-ass.

Teetop
05-30-2009, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't sweat nero. He's the funniest thing to show up since the guy from Finland. Someone demonstrating that level of ignorance is either faking it to get a rise out of every one or so out of touch with reality that he has become a self-parody. Either way just sit back and enjoy the show because one should never stand in the way of someone who is determined to make a complete ass out of himself.

Nuance=bullshit. :rolleyes:

MrsSmith
05-30-2009, 04:14 PM
The article is about the guy who WAS there. He also testified to congress under oath.

You hacks are just shooting the messenger. The only way you can keep you views is to call everybody a liar.

The only way your radical anti american views hold up is if this interrogator that testified is lying ...therefore he is called a liar to maintain your radical views.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/MrsSmith2001/snot3-1.jpg

nero
05-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Who ever said it happened yesterday.

Why does it matter ? You stupid fucking hack.

nero
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Nuance=bullshit. :rolleyes:

So you are calling Soufan, the Iraq interrogator who testified before congress a liar ?

What proof do you have that he lied ?

Fucking fools.

Teetop
05-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Fucking fools.

Projecting again....

Rockntractor
05-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Who ever said it happened yesterday.

Why does it matter ? You stupid fucking hack.
You have an extensive vocabulary little ceaser!

lacarnut
05-30-2009, 05:43 PM
So you are calling Soufan, the Iraq interrogator who testified before congress a liar ?

What proof do you have that he lied ?

Fucking fools.

Kerry lied. Clinton lied. Pisslosi lied. This dickhead is a liar also. Seems like a common occurence with liberal hacks.

nero
05-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Thats right kids.

The FBI AGENT is now a liar.

Keep it up idiots, soon you won't have any voters left.

Lars1701a
05-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Thats right kids.

The FBI AGENT is now a liar.

Keep it up idiots, soon you won't have any voters left.

Ya the FBI never lied. :rolleyes:

nero
05-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Ya the FBI never lied. :rolleyes:

You are all alone in your crazyness.

Fuckin anti american scum.

Rockntractor
05-30-2009, 06:33 PM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/dumbass-293x184.jpg?t=1243722730

CorwinK
05-30-2009, 07:41 PM
So let me get this straight...when people start stating (as if you werent doing well enough of a job yourself mind you) that your a moron...you accent the statements by typing in bold and caps...because that somehow makes your statements right. Here let me try...

OBAMA IS A CAPITALIST WHO HAS MONEY TO BACK UP WHAT HES SPENDING

nope...hes still a marxist...and the country is still out of money. Damn, here I was hoping that would work

nero
05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
So let me get this straight...when people start stating (as if you werent doing well enough of a job yourself mind you) that your a moron...you accent the statements by typing in bold and caps...because that somehow makes your statements right. Here let me try...

OBAMA IS A CAPITALIST WHO HAS MONEY TO BACK UP WHAT HES SPENDING

nope...hes still a marxist...and the country is still out of money. Damn, here I was hoping that would work

Yep, and you still live in a blue state. and the repubs haven't won a general election without Florida since 1924.

Take a bow, your radical views gave us florida

lacarnut
05-30-2009, 07:54 PM

The FBI lied about Waco and so did Janet Reno. Don't tell me you never heard of Ruby Ridge either?

The only one crazy around here is you.

nero
05-30-2009, 08:07 PM
The FBI lied about Waco and so did Janet Reno. Don't tell me you never heard of Ruby Ridge either?

The only one crazy around here is you.

Link please.

Zathras
05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Link please.

What, you can't look up any of your own posts?

Odysseus
05-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Thats obvious.

I'm a United States Army officer and an Iraq vet. I notice that you didn't answer my post above. Wonder why? Oh yeah, because you can't. You scream bloody murder about waterboarding but ignore real atrocities because they don't fit your narrative, which is that Republicans are the root of all evil.

Radical anti-American views? Moi? MarineJackson? All of the other vets here? You really need to get your head on straight.

Funny, but where I come from, we capitalize America. That's twice that you've presented it in lower case. I suppose that we should be lucky that you didn't spell it with a "K".