PDA

View Full Version : Friday Fourth of July Thread!

jendf
07-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Good morning, folks. We had our first sorta-monsoon storm here last night. I qualified it with a "sorta" because we got lots of wind, glorious Arizona lightning, thunder, but no rain. That's the desert for ya'. I loved it anyway.

On the agenda for today is a trip to IKEA in the afternoon and then over to my sister's house to watch Jurassic Park on their brand new HD big-screen TV. They wanted to do their part to stimulate the economy, I guess. We may also see fireworks in the evening if the boys are up for it.

TOTD: Last night, I watched a movie called Untraceable. Overall, the movie was good except I feel robbed of a decent ending.

Anyway, it's about an FBI agent who monitors and stops "cybercrimes." To track down a psycho killer who is streaming his grisly crimes live on the internet, they poured through thousands of message board posts, chat rooms, you name it, for clues.

Suppose an FBI agent is pouring through this particular board right now. Which poster would he suspect is really a psychotic killer and why?

My guess would be gator. He owns lots of guns, can be very irrational in his thinking, and he lives in Florida. Three strikes against you, darling. :p

LibraryLady
07-04-2008, 09:29 AM
God Bless the USA

If tomorrow all the things were gone Iíd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife.
Iíd thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
ĎCause the flag still stands for freedom and they canít take that away.

And Iím proud to be an American where at least I know Iím free.
And I wonít forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And Iíd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
ĎCause there ainít no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea,

From Detroit down to Houston and New York to LA,
Well, thereís pride in every American heart,
and itís time to stand and say:

Iím proud to be an American where at least I know Iím free.
And I wonít forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And Iíd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
ĎCause there ainít no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.

Shannon
07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm going to cry already. Thanks, LL.

TOTD: Clearly CW. That whole prostitute thing just screams psychotic killer.:D

megimoo
07-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Happy Birthday America and many,many more to come !

Freedom isn't free. Enjoy yours this Fourth of July and pray for those who serve, have been wounded or died to pay for it.

"Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is a force, like fire: a dangerous servant and a terrible master." --- George Washington

Gingersnap
07-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Happy Independence Day everybody!

I just came in from setting out the flags and doing a little weeding. Mr. Snaps has gone off to upgrade a fountain pump (or something like that - I wasn't listening). I'm going to clean the house and listen to America on XM before people come over this afternoon.

TOTD: Gator is a good choice but I'm betting asdf would trip all the psycho flags of real professionals. :D

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Greyt posting there LL. The DUmmies will self implode if they read that till the end. :D

Not a bad day here so far. Clouds are breaking up and it should be a nice day
for me to chop up the tree limb!

Our liberal rag paper here just had to run a piece on how the fireworks many of us
will be watching tonight are filled with toxic stuff and...CARBON!!!!!:eek:
To the LA Times for writting it: Fuck You Assholes. :D

TOTD: Who would be CU's killer? Has to be Ralph, no one would ever suspect him....

Phillygirl
07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I heard a great song on the radio about the flag this morning. I'm gonna see if I can find it. It came on the heels of America the Beautiful...God I love that song!

TOTD: I think it's Jen. It's always the quiet, nice neighbor types.

Zathras
07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Since fireworks are used on this day, I'd thought it'd be a good idea to post a safety video in the use of fireworks...enjoy

4th of July safety tips (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LguwhQE00)

TOTD: Gator, definately Gator.

lurkalot
07-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Greyt posting there LL. The DUmmies will self implode if they read that till the end. :D

Not a bad day here so far. Clouds are breaking up and it should be a nice day
for me to chop up the tree limb!

Our liberal rag paper here just had to run a piece on how the fireworks many of us
will be watching tonight are filled with toxic stuff and...CARBON!!!!!:eek:
To the LA Times for writting it: Fuck You Assholes. :D

TOTD: Who would be CU's killer? Has to be Ralph, no one would ever suspect him....

Who would suspect CU's hottest chick?
I vote Ralph

Shannon
07-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I've been watching The Twilight Zone marathon since 7 a.m. This can't be good.

lurkalot
07-04-2008, 12:21 PM

did something just crawl past your window?

movie buff
07-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Happy Independence Day!
TOTD: IDK, maybe Eyelids.

linda22003
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM

I'm watching a marathon, too - Dave Ramsey, on Fox Business, and basking in self-congratulation. We haven't had credit card debt or car payments in several years, we're at the 15% retirement funding level, and now we're focusing with what he calls "gazelle-like intensity" on paying off the mortgage.

linda22003
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh, and TOTD: I'd have to say Gator too, after that post of his where he said blacks should be grateful for slavery since it got them to this country. :rolleyes:

Shannon
07-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm watching a marathon, too - Dave Ramsey, on Fox Business, and basking in self-congratulation. We haven't had credit card debt or car payments in several years, we're at the 15% retirement funding level, and now we're focusing with what he calls "gazelle-like intensity" on paying off the mortgage.

Oh, shut up.:p

linda22003
07-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, shut up.:p

If I told you how much was LEFT on the mortgage you'd feel a LOT better.

Cold Warrior
07-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm going to cry already. Thanks, LL.

TOTD: Clearly CW. That whole prostitute thing just screams psychotic killer.:D

Hey! :mad: :D

Shannon
07-04-2008, 01:46 PM
If I told you how much was LEFT on the mortgage you'd feel a LOT better.

I doubt it. I think I have my front door paid off.:p

gator
07-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh, and TOTD: I'd have to say Gator too, after that post of his where he said blacks should be grateful for slavery since it got them to this country. :rolleyes:

Yea, you are right. It is much better to be a Black person living in the Sudan nowadays than to be a Black person living in Daytona Beach, Florida. I apologize for being so stupid.

asdf2231
07-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Going on the table today...

Grilled brats dumped into the slow cooker with beer and onions.

Huge shrimp that have been marinating since yesterday cooked on grill skewers.

Adobo pork steaks.

Corn on the cob.

Salad.

Baked Southwest style beans.

A pie to be determined later. (Probably go with apple to celebrate Ma, country, ect..)

TOTD

Nice attempt at misdirection SR!!!

Everyone knows that the police have been looking into missing Obama and Hillary canvassers in your area for a while now.
AND your dogs are SUSPICIOUSLY well fed what with this gawd awful Bush resession crushing us like bugs!!!

Sure Ralph may have killed a hooker here and there, but I think everyone knows who CU's tag team of serial killers REALLY is!

JB
07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
TOTD: I think it's Jen. It's always the quiet, nice neighbor types.+1 on that.

As the tenth body gets pulled from her freezer I can almost hear the neighbors saying..."I don't understand it. She was always so quiet and kept to herself."

linda22003
07-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Yea, you are right. It is much better to be a Black person living in the Sudan nowadays than to be a Black person living in Daytona Beach, Florida. I apologize for being so stupid.

You can't help it. :)

Shannon
07-04-2008, 04:22 PM
You can't help it. :)

Aww. Linda has finally figured out that she should use smilies to get away with putting people down. I'm so proud. *sniff*:p

linda22003
07-04-2008, 04:24 PM
It's certainly not the face I made when I first read that remark of his. The idea that it does not matter how they got here as long as they're lucky enough to be here now is.... well, worthy of him. I'll leave it at that.

lurkalot
07-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Going on the table today...

Grilled brats dumped into the slow cooker with beer and onions.

Huge shrimp that have been marinating since yesterday cooked on grill skewers.

Adobo pork steaks.

Corn on the cob.

Salad.

Baked Southwest style beans.

A pie to be determined later. (Probably go with apple to celebrate Ma, country, ect..)

TOTD

Nice attempt at misdirection SR!!!

Everyone knows that the police have been looking into missing Obama and Hillary canvassers in your area for a while now.
AND your dogs are SUSPICIOUSLY well fed what with this gawd awful Bush resession crushing us like bugs!!!

Sure Ralph may have killed a hooker here and there, but I think everyone knows who CU's tag team of serial killers REALLY is!
interestingly enough
YOU are always found at some sort of disaster site aren't you?

asdf2231
07-04-2008, 04:42 PM
interestingly enough
YOU are always found at some sort of disaster site aren't you?

You cause one minor Hurricane and they hang it around your neck for life! :p

lurkalot
07-04-2008, 04:45 PM

you traveled out west..and the earthquakes haven't stopped yet!

JB
07-04-2008, 04:47 PM
interestingly enough
YOU are always found at some sort of disaster site aren't you?Nah. He only hangs out with the cream of the crop.

Dyne
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm not doing too much today. A small little barbacue followed by some fireworks displays. Should be fun.

lurkalot
07-04-2008, 04:49 PM

and stop picking on Ralph, you know he's more likely to bail the hookers out of jail than kill them

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh thanks asdf, now the ACORN nuts will be watching the house again. :mad:

On a side note, it's amazing how well Oxi-Clean gets out blood stains...

Shannon
07-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Nah. He only hangs out with the cream of the crop.

Ouch!:D

BSR
07-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm late to the thread, but happy 4th of July, you guys.

ralph wiggum
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM

Hey, I saw that. :mad: :mad:

:D

lurkalot
07-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Hey, I saw that. :mad: :mad:

:D

you might wanna notice that I defended you! :D