PDA

View Full Version : Conservative icon Jesse Helms dead at 86

LibraryLady
07-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Conservative icon Jesse Helms dead at 86

Raleigh, N.C. Jesse Helms, the firebrand U.S. senator whose outspoken, conservative views polarized North Carolina and U.S. voters for decades, died at 1:15 a.m. Friday in Raleigh, according to John Dodd, president of the Jesse Helms Center.

He was 86. His cause of death was not released. Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming, Dodd said.

Helms served five terms in the U.S. Senate, retiring in 2003 because of his faltering health. During his 30 years in Capitol Hill, the North Carolina Republican became a powerful voice for a conservative movement that was growing both in Congress and across the country, and he used his position to speak out against issues like gay rights, federal funding for the arts and U.S. foreign aid.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/1755723/

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Let me guess...DU is all peaches and cream about this. :rolleyes:

RIP Mr. Helms.

Shannon
07-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Rest in peace, Mr. Helms.:(

AlmostThere
07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Let me guess...DU is all peaches and cream about this. :rolleyes:

RIP Mr. Helms.
I forced myself to visit the underworld (DU) to find the answer to that question. It started somewhat mild. It didn't take long before it took a hard turn left.

54. has anyone found his "collection of little shoes" yet?
Edited on Fri Jul-04-08 11:38 AM by nashville_brook
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igvJ1Mew6Go

63. Helms was a NAZI
I'm glad the Nazi scum has finally gone to Hell. Thank Christ Helms, Reagan and Heston all got the Alzheimer's they richly deserved.

75. Did someone finally drive a state through his heart?
If not, I hope someone does before they bury him.

43. About fucking time, these old republican racist, fascist fucks live way too long...
Fascist like George Schultz is still fucking alive, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, George HW Bush, will these lying, hateful, greedy fucks die already!

It's pretty obvious these are immature little punks spouting off. I only hope that when they grow up they look back and realize what TOTAL DICKWADS they actually were.

ANGH (Ain't Never Gonna Happen), but it's a nice thought.

Shannon
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM

A state? :p

ConJinx
07-05-2008, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=AlmostThere;16249]I forced myself to visit the underworld (DU) to find the answer to that question. It started somewhat mild. It didn't take long before it took a hard turn left.

63. Helms was a NAZI
I'm glad the Nazi scum has finally gone to Hell. Thank Christ Helms, Reagan and Heston all got the Alzheimer's they richly deserved.

43. About fucking time, these old republican racist, fascist fucks live way too long...
Fascist like George Schultz is still fucking alive, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger, George HW Bush, will these lying, hateful, greedy fucks die already!

It's pretty obvious these are immature little punks spouting off. I only hope that when they grow up they look back and realize what TOTAL DICKWADS they actually were.
JESSE IZ DEAD FUCK JESSE

ConJinx
07-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Jesse Helms Was A Shame Upon The Notion Of The Con

LogansPapa
07-05-2008, 01:06 AM
I can't remember - what was his position on civil rights again?

ConJinx
07-05-2008, 01:06 AM
next Let The Libs Give Up .... Sheets Byd

ConJinx
07-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Dems Yes , Nigga No

ConJinx
07-05-2008, 01:09 AM
i WATCHED csa LAST NIGHT , A SPIKE LEE JOINT, NOW PRODUCTION

AlmostThere
07-05-2008, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=AlmostThere;16249]I forced myself to visit the underworld (DU) to find the answer to that question. It started somewhat mild. It didn't take long before it took a hard turn left.

63. Helms was a NAZI

JESSE IZ DEAD FUCK JESSE

Actually I misspoke. They're total fucking dickwads.

Goldwater
07-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Didn't Helms also make fighting AIDs in Africa one of his priorities?

namvet
07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
and when T kennedy kicks the buckets?????

Troll
07-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Rest in peace, Senator.

noonwitch
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
His record speaks for itself.

He had a family who loved him and will miss him, so my condolences to them.

linda22003
07-07-2008, 03:02 PM
His record speaks for itself.

He had a family who loved him and will miss him, so my condolences to them.

Well said, and entirely sufficient.

Rebel Yell
07-07-2008, 03:30 PM
A state? :p

He did have a big heart.;)