PDA

View Full Version : A new (old) dude

thinker
06-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Hello again, folks.

It's been quite a while...it's funny to see that CU has grown, possibly as much as I have, since I've been gone. I was here for one of the first (if not original) iterations of CU...and it's funny to think how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.

I'm still a moderate (read: closet liberal, if you're gator).

I've purchased my first two firearms since first posting here. A Beretta 9mm and a Remington 30/06. I love them both.

I'm now married (to the same girl I was dating) and have a one year old son. Boy, has that changed some perspectives! ;)

I'm currently in law school part time, working full time. My computer knowledge has grown exponentially since my first days here, so if you need help repairing a laptop, I'm your man :)

Hello, Sara, PG, gator, SLW, and the rest. I may be around a lot, I may not. Life's been...interesting.

Thinker

SarasotaRepub
06-03-2009, 07:25 AM
OMG!!! Thinker has returned!!:eek:

We thought we'd lost you to your Lib GF now wifey! :D

Congrats on getting married, the rugrat, and becoming a parasite on society ie a lawyer. :p

Welcome back. Start a Star Trek / Star Wars trivia thread, I've missed those.

SR

Gingersnap
06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Welcome back! :)

thinker
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
^_^. Hey, sara.

She's more VRWC than I am! :P

I'm not a lawyer yet - and I'm serving 5 hours a week in the local public defender's office as a clerk, I'm not that parasitic ~_^

I might have to start a trivia thread. We'll have to see if we can get a few people interested.

Phillygirl
06-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey thinker, nice to see you back. Congrats on all the new things happening in your life.

Law school? Uggh. My friend's son is now going part-time. I told her I neither want to relive it vicariously through him, nor while she relives it. I can't imagine going back there now. I'd tell you to quit and be an investment banker instead, but, well, you know...

SaintLouieWoman
06-03-2009, 02:12 PM
So glad to see you back, Thinker, all grown up. :D You're always welcome here and congrats on your busy new life. We're proud of you.

Bubba Dawg
06-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi Thinker. Glad you're here. :)

thinker
06-03-2009, 11:21 PM
It's really great to hear from you guys n' gals again. Forgot how much fun it was to come here and just browse for 30 or 40 minutes.

Rockntractor
06-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Just curious why don't you use your old username and what was it? I am interested in reading your old posts.

thinker
06-06-2009, 11:54 AM
It was thinker. The last time I posted actively was before the site architecture changed (I got a little bit of a system shock seeing this place in colors other than silver, lol)

Zafod
06-08-2009, 02:39 AM
we need to do another STFU war. It is good to have oldies comming back.