PDA

View Full Version : "How In Hell Can You Take "Castrate All White Males" Out Of Context ?"

megimoo
06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Obama Says Sotomayor’s “Castrate White Males” Comment Taken Out of Contex

WASHINGTON - President Obama said that comments by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor in a 2004 speech in which she called for the “castration of all white males until they no longer hold power,” have been “taken out of context” by right wing ideologues.

In the speech delivered to the San Juan chapter of NOW, Sotomayor said,

“I want to be perfectly clear about this next comment so that there is no mistaking that my words mean something other than what they plainly say:

the time has come to limit white male oppression by castrating every white male until they are no longer dominant in Western culture.

That means forcible removal of their testicles. I realize the brutality of my comment, but I mean exactly what I say.”

“I want to be perfectly clear about this next comment so that there is no mistaking that my words mean something other than what they plainly say: the time has come to limit white male oppression by castrating every white male until they are no longer dominant in Western culture.

"And Now Fior The 'Spin'!
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs agreed with President Obama that the statement has been taken out of context, and added

that Sotomayor “certainly” did not mean that white males should be castrated. “Judge Sotomayor was simply saying that there should be room at the American table for diverse cultures.”

“I want to be perfectly clear about this next comment so that there is no mistaking that my words mean something other than what they plainly say: the time has come to limit white male oppression by castrating every white male until they are no longer dominant in Western culture.

http://carbolicsmoke.com/2009/06/02/obama-says-sotomayors-castrate-white-males-comment-taken-out-of-context/

expat-pattaya
06-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Silly you. Interpreting her statements using standard english syntax.

When those words are spoken by a white male that is proper. When spoken by a down trodden minority then they can be reinterpreted to fit the current agenda at will. :cool:

stsinner
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Can you imagine how far in the stone ages we would still be had white people not brought us to this place and time.. What a bigot she is.. And, sadly, she's almost certain to get the appointment.

megimoo
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Can you imagine how far in the stone ages we would still be had white people not brought us to this place and time.. What a bigot she is.. And, sadly, she's almost certain to get the appointment.
I am beginning to agree with you, Our Country, America, is screwed and is about to spiral down the drain !

noonwitch
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
My grandpa is always accusing me of being one of those feminists who want to kill all the men, except for the ones we need to procreate. Those we are going to keep in cages.

I just tell him that he has nothing to worry about because even though he's 97, he's still a superior genetic sample, so we will be keeping him in a nice cage.

FlaGator
06-04-2009, 09:00 AM
How silly of me. Just because she said that "this is exactly what I mean" I should understand that doesn't imply that what she said is what she meant. When I say I can't stand broccoli that doesn't mean that I can't stand broccoli.

Rockntractor
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
From my cold dead hands!

Odysseus
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I did a quick google. This is a parody that started at Carbolic Smoke. (http://carbolicsmoke.com/2009/06/02/obama-says-sotomayors-castrate-white-males-comment-taken-out-of-context/) It's funny as hell, and unfortunately, a bit too believable.

My grandpa is always accusing me of being one of those feminists who want to kill all the men, except for the ones we need to procreate. Those we are going to keep in cages.
I just tell him that he has nothing to worry about because even though he's 97, he's still a superior genetic sample, so we will be keeping him in a nice cage.
How nice a cage? I mean, are we talking luxury condo here? And would the reproduction be done by artificial insemination or would it be full contact? I'm just saying that it might not be such a bad deal... :D

samurai
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah, it's a comedy site like Onion News.

But I believed she'd definitely say that...

megimoo
06-04-2009, 11:47 AM
How silly of me. Just because she said that "this is exactly what I mean" I should understand that doesn't imply that what she said is what she meant. When I say I can't stand broccoli that doesn't mean that I can't stand broccoli. It all depends on exactly on how you define ' I ' !

megimoo
06-04-2009, 11:54 AM

I just tell him that he has nothing to worry about because even though he's 97, he's still a superior genetic sample, so we will be keeping him in a nice cage.Your grandfather sure has you figured out really well.Did you enjoy pulling the wings from male bugs when you were younger ?

Rockntractor
06-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Your grandfather sure has you figured out really well.Did you enjoy pulling the wings from male bugs when you were younger ?
She collected moth balls.

Odysseus
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM

That's why it's getting hard to parody the left. They're so far out there that it's almost impossible to present something that they wouldn't say with a straight (as in serious, not heterosexual or any other implication of heteronormative prejudice) face. In fact, this is why The Goode Family has me in hysterics.

She collected moth balls.

ROFLOL!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

AlmostThere
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM

I could always tell, "That lady has just got a kind heart". :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
06-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Aw, shit. I was so relieved to see Bedford Falls had bailed out GM.

BEDFORD FALLS - General Motors Corporation was saved from bankruptcy by the generosity of the citizens of the idyllic town of Bedford Falls, New York.

Last night, GM CEO Frederick “Fritz” Henderson arrived at the ramshackle home of local building and loan executive George Bailey and his wife Mary. Mrs. Bailey excitedly pulled Henderson into the Bailey’s inexplicably large living room that resembles a sound stage and stood him next to an oversized Christmas tree.

“It’s a miracle, Mr. Henderson! It’s a miracle!” she said, anxiously awaiting the front door to burst open. The door swung open with a fury and a throng of excited revelers forced their way in. George Bailey’s uncle Billy led the way, carrying a clothes basket full of money, which he euphorically dumped onto a makeshift table set up in front of the shocked CEO. The other town folk followed suit and, like modern day Magi, giddily spilled money from their pockets, wallets, shoe boxes and coffee pots.

You mean this isn't true??? But I read it on the internet ?!?