PDA

View Full Version : "This Old Broad Is Absolutely Mindless :Behar: Baptism = Waterboarding"

megimoo
06-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Behar: Baptism = Waterboarding

An ancient Christian religious ritual is apparently comparable to a controversial interrogation technique, according to Joy Behar of ABC’s “The View.

” On June 3, the hosts of “The View” were discussing the new reality show, “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here,” where pampered “celebrities” are placed in a jungle in Costa Rica.

“Hills” reality television star Spencer Pratt was baptized on the show and “The View” featured a clip from his baptism in a river. Behar, of course, had to add in her usual quip. “Isn’t it like water boarding-...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sarah-knoploh/2009/06/03/behar-baptism-waterboarding

stsinner
06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
She's dumb as a stump, and all those feminazis are just militant idiots.. Whoopie is the worst! They don't even let their guests get a word out before throwing out the race or victim card... They wouldn't let Ann Coulter defend herself when she went on there to promote her new book Guilty.

MrsSmith
06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
If baptism correlates with waterboarding, that pretty well proves that waterboarding is not torture. :D

megimoo
06-03-2009, 06:40 PM
If baptism correlates with waterboarding, that pretty well proves that waterboarding is not torture. :DJoy Behar will say anything to garner a headline !

Rockntractor
06-03-2009, 06:41 PM
If baptism correlates with waterboarding, that pretty well proves that waterboarding is not torture. :D
Is that one full dip or a little dab will do yah baptism.

noonwitch
06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
I got christened as a baby, which liberal protestants and catholics consider a baptism.

I always thought the southern-style baptism in the river or in a pool is kind of cool. It's symbolic of making a commitment to a new way of life, and doing away with the old ways. I can see where it could be a very emotionally moving experience for an adult.

Gingersnap
06-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I got christened as a baby, which liberal protestants and catholics consider a baptism.

I always thought the southern-style baptism in the river or in a pool is kind of cool. It's symbolic of making a commitment to a new way of life, and doing away with the old ways. I can see where it could be a very emotionally moving experience for an adult.

Right now a lot (maybe most) Catholics do a full immersion on infants instead of the sprinkling thing. Most adult converts go the full immersion route now, too. Believer's baptism is a very moving rite and one that Behar should probably not include in her comedic routines since she clearly knows nothing about it.

Odysseus
06-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Is that one full dip or a little dab will do yah baptism.
It's only torture if they hold you under and then demand to know if it's "safe" when you do come up.

Behar: Baptism = Waterboarding

An ancient Christian religious ritual is apparently comparable to a controversial interrogation technique, according to Joy Behar of ABC’s “The View.

” On June 3, the hosts of “The View” were discussing the new reality show, “I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here,” where pampered “celebrities” are placed in a jungle in Costa Rica.

“Hills” reality television star Spencer Pratt was baptized on the show and “The View” featured a clip from his baptism in a river. Behar, of course, had to add in her usual quip. “Isn’t it like water boarding-...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sarah-knoploh/2009/06/03/behar-baptism-waterboarding

If baptizing an infant is like waterboarding, then what does she have to say about circumcision? :D