PDA

View Full Version : Actor David Carradine Dead at 72

Gingersnap
06-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Actor David Carradine Dead at 72
Thursday, June 04, 2009

http://i41.tinypic.com/160vbtj.jpg
David Carradine

“Kill Bill” star David Carradine was found dead in a Bangkok hotel room Wednesday, his manager told FOX News Thursday.

Chuck Binder said Carradine, 72, was staying in Bangkok while shooting a movie. The film crew became aware of his absence when they went to dine out at a restaurant yesterday. When a producer went to his room, he discovered that the actor had died.

A statement on behalf of his family has yet to be released, but Binder called the death "shocking and sad."

Binder told FOXNews.com Thursday that the cause of death is "under investigation." While there have been conflicting reports as to the nature of Carradine's death, The Nation newspaper is claiming that Thai police said the actor was found hung in his hotel room from curtain rope in an apparent suicide.

The Nation reports that the hotel maid discovered Carradine's half naked body in a closet Thursday morning and that there were no signs of a struggle or assault.

Carradine was best known for his role in the television series “Kung Fu.” He is the son of noted actor John Carradine.

Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525069,00.html)

Dan D. Doty
06-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Fox (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525069,00.html)

RIP Dave; the world will be asadder place without you, dude :(

hazlnut
06-04-2009, 01:11 PM
David Carradine Dies (http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/david-carradine-dies/?hpw)

David Carradine, the star of the 1970s television series “Kung Fu” and the title villain of the “Kill Bill” movies, has died in Thailand, The Associated Press reported. The United States Embassy in Bangkok told The A.P. that Mr. Carradine had been found dead in his hotel suite in Bangkok, where he was working on a movie. He was 72.

There was somewhat of a lull in his career after Kung Fu, however I am glad that he can be remembered by a great performance in Kill Bill I, II.

noonwitch
06-04-2009, 02:11 PM
He played Wild Bill Hickok on Deadwood a few years back. He was great in that role.

Rockntractor
06-04-2009, 02:13 PM
He played Wild Bill Hickok on Deadwood a few years back. He was great in that role.
Linda numbers come back!

noonwitch
06-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Linda numbers come back!

I was wrong, I got him mixed up with Keith. Whatever, I did really like Deadwood, though.

Teetop
06-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Too bad, I liked him

He was also on some old west show, either on history or discovery channel. A show about what happened back in the 1800's.

expat-pattaya
06-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I am having a hard time believing he committed suicide. He had a very full slate of work and seemed to be having a good life. He was clean of drugs and booze.

I don't get it.

RIP Grasshopper

:(

AlmostThere
06-04-2009, 06:23 PM
I am having a hard time believing he committed suicide. He had a very full slate of work and seemed to be having a good life. He was clean of drugs and booze.

I don't get it.

RIP Grasshopper

:(

Maybe he was just ready to go.

Radix
06-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Kwai Chang Caine.........RIP

Bubba Dawg
06-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Sad. I briefly met (Said Hello to) David and Keith Carradine when they were here in the county making the movie The Long Riders.

I loved Kung Fu. I even like the YellowBook commercials.

RIP. :(

Gingersnap
06-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Well, this is unfortunate. The Washington Post is updating the information:

BANGKOK, June 5 -- Thai police officers investigating the death of David Carradine, the American actor who made his name in the "Kung Fu" television series in the 1970s, say he most likely died of asphyxiation, possibly when an autoerotic sex game went wrong.

Carradine, 72, was found naked in a closet in an upscale Bangkok hotel on Thursday with cords around his neck and his genitals. The police are checking DNA found on the cords, but say they found no signs of a struggle, suggesting that Carradine might have either tied himself up or submitted voluntarily to his incapacitation.

WaPo (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/05/AR2009060500909.html)

Think, people! This is not how you want to be found when you die. I had an employee whose daughter was engaged to married. They found her fiancé in similar circumstances. It was utterly devastating for everybody because it was completely avoidable. The girl, of course, spent far too much time wondering if she was sexually wanting or had completely misread her relationship. :mad:

submarinepainter
06-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Gingersnap brings up an excellent point except I would like add on a little , it is not really how you feel cause you're dead but think about your family.

AmPat
06-07-2009, 01:45 AM
My parents always told me to be sure you had on clean shorts in case you get in an accident. Took me a while to figure that out, not being the sharpest pencil in the box.

Now at my age I'd crap myself anyway so what's the point?:confused::o

RockerWolf
06-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Yeah, i heard about it last night too,from some friends in a virtual world.

Feel sorry for the guy.

I also watched Kung Fu as well.

Rockntractor
06-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Yeah, i heard about it last night too,from some friends in a virtual world.

Feel sorry for the guy.
When I was a kid I looked up to him he was kind of a hero. It was sad to see him go this way.