PDA

View Full Version : Is There a Gay Couple in That Insurance Ad?

megimoo
06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Is There a Gay Couple in That Insurance Ad?
A progressive new campaign from Progressive.

The Spot: Two guys walk into a store that sells insurance services from Progressive. The first guy says he needs to save some money on his auto insurance—things have gotten so dire that he was forced to sell his watch to the other guy. After the clerk finds a lower coverage rate, she suggests that the first guy will now be able to buy his watch back. "Not for sale," says the second guy. "That's cold," says the clerk.

Are they or aren't they? There's been chatter on the Web, and in YouTube comments, about whether the two guys in this Progressive commercial are supposed to be a couple. The evidence is thin but as best I can tell consists of the following elements:

The tall guy's speech and mannerisms seem to be tripping a lot of folks' (gaydar).

Something in the way the men look at each other—close together, face-to-face—suggests they're not just hetero buddies.

When the clerk asks if money's been tight, she looks back and forth between the two guys as though she's assuming they're a joint entity
The clincher: The shorter guy appears to be wearing a rainbow T-shirt beneath his blazer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM0y6N9GHBs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eslate%2Ecom%2Fid%2F2219871 %2F&feature=player_embedded

Rockntractor
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
The girl in the ad would turn me celibate. If she was the last woman on earth and I was the last man the species would die

Lars1701a
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
The girl in the ad would turn me celibate. If she was the last woman on earth and I was the last man the species would die

She annoys me to but I would hit it just for shits and giggles.

Rockntractor
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
She annoys me to but I would hit it just for shits and giggles.
You'd have to get her drunk enough to keep her mouth closed.

FlaGator
06-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I think shes great. She got killer blue eyes...

Rockntractor
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
I think shes great. She got killer blue eyes...
You better not be hitten the bottle!

FlaGator
06-08-2009, 09:15 PM
You better not be hitten the bottle!

Just Fruit2O

Gingersnap
06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Seriously, these guys aren't dressed well enough to be gay and the watch is too cheap.

PoliCon
06-09-2009, 12:05 AM
You'd have to get her drunk enough to keep her mouth closed.

This is lars we're talking about. He is an equal opportunity creeper. He'll "do" anything that even remotely resembles a woman - even pre-op tranny's.

stsinner
06-09-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't know.. I'm leaning toward gay,but generally in a relationship the money is community money, so selling things to each other doesn't happen..

Rockntractor
06-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't know.. I'm leaning toward gay,but generally in a relationship the money is community money, so selling things to each other doesn't happen..
If anyone ever takes this out of context ST it won't look good!

Lars1701a
06-09-2009, 04:43 AM
This is lars we're talking about. He is an equal opportunity creeper. He'll "do" anything that even remotely resembles a woman - even pre-op tranny's.

Dude I draw the line at pre-ops i.e your wife.:eek::p

linda22003
06-09-2009, 08:01 AM
I never thought about whether they were gay. I'm still mulling over the very first ad in the series, where a savings of about $400 comes up on the board and a woman says in wonder, "Wow! That's a new pair of shoes!"

That's a new pair of Manolo Blahniks, maybe, but I can usually get more than one pair of shoes for $400.