PDA

View Full Version : "The English Press Don't Seem To Like MamaObama Much !"

megimoo
06-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Michelle Obama visits London, heals sick, feeds starving, creates world peace, etc

The Mighty Goddess Queen, She Whose Beauty And Wisdom Shine Forth Like Mighty Beacons Of Burning Wondrousness To Bring Light And Goodness To All Dark Corners Of The World.

In case you hadn't noticed, Michelle Obama has been in London recently on a flying unofficial visit with her daughters. She hadn't really come to see us, I don't think. It was more that we were a handy stopover on the place she really wanted to see - Paris. Still, she and the girls did get to see The Lion King, which was nice.

Anyway, I know there are some American readers out there who have accused us Brits of being a bit too willing to drink the "Obama Kool-Aid." I also know that there's another American reader - press spokesman in the White House, name of Robert Gibbs - who considers the British media essentially trivial and worthless: fine for the football results and ephemera like that but not for anything serious or more important.

So, to demonstrate just how outrageous and absurd these allegations are, I thought I'd give you a few examples of the modest, understated coverage we gave to the woman we mere Brits have affectionately come to know as The Mighty Goddess Queen, She Whose Beauty And Wisdom Shine Forth Like Mighty Beacons Of Burning Wondrousness To Bring Light And Goodness To All Dark Corners Of The World.

Here are the stories. I have removed the newspapers' names to spare them any embarrassment.

Michelle Obama bumps into sick orphan girl on way to Lion King musical, heals her, gets her lots of lovely clothes in Top Shop, invites her to join her in the royal box at the theatre, then adopts her.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/james_delingpole/blog/2009/06/10/michelle_obama_visits_london_heals_sick_feeds_star ving_creates_world_peace_etc