PDA

View Full Version : The Daily ******

stsinner
06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Hah! You thought you had finally caught be being a racist...... Not hardly.. This site is a very well written and produced site by black men that wanted to take the strength of the word niggger away from the world and just use it every day... They discuss daily events in a very thoughtful and enlightening and classy manner.. You should check it out and subscribe to their email list to receive updates.. I go there every day several times to read their take on current events.. It's very thought provoking and worthwhile.

www.thedailyniggger.com Of course I used one extra g to get around then censors, but the website is spelled with the proper spelling and is a very nice place to keep up on and discuss news totally unrelated to race...

Shannon
06-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Well, I guess this is where I get off the train.;)

GF Kennan
06-11-2009, 09:03 PM

While you may get off, the train keeps chugging on. :D

stsinner
06-11-2009, 09:14 PM

Why, Shannon? Did you visit their site and see just how well written and thought out it is? I have a black son, and I really love this site. . These guys named their site this way to break down racial stereotypes.. I also frequently visit a site called Hello Negro.. Google it.. That one is written by a black female, and it's also very thoughtfully written... Why not help break down the wall?

Do me one favor, Shannon, since I'm infatuated with you... Visit the site, read one or two of their posts and then tell me that you're getting off the train... I'm sure you'll see in them what I do and want to return.....

http://hellonegro.com/

Sonnabend
06-12-2009, 05:20 AM
Step away from the keyboard.

Reach over..

Press the OFF switch.

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 06:48 AM
I read several of the articles. They may be written in legible form but the n. word incites hatred. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Plus, I would not advise a white person to start throwing that word around. In the workplace, it would get your dumb ass fired. In a bar, you might get your dumb ass stomped. There is no redeeming value for the title except sensationalism and to get attention. This is as divisive as someone like Rev. Wright and does nothing but stirrup race relations.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 08:38 AM
I read several of the articles. They may be written in legible form but the n. word incites hatred. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Plus, I would not advise a white person to start throwing that word around. In the workplace, it would get your dumb ass fired. In a bar, you might get your dumb ass stomped. There is no redeeming value for the title except sensationalism and to get attention. This is as divisive as someone like Rev. Wright and does nothing but stirrup race relations.

I see what you mean, but I was impressed with the articles and insight.. It's unfortunate they chose the name they did, but it's worthwhile stuff, nonetheless.. There's a link on there somewhere about why they chose the name they did, and it talks about trying to take the power away from the word.. It's curious they way they can bandy it about like nothing, but it's so offensive to utter otherwise..

FlaGator
06-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Here is the issue with the "n word" and the blacks using it and whites not. I will use an analogy from my profession. I am a systems level programmer. That makes me geek because I know stuff that only geeks would know. When another systems guy calls me a geek, I know how he intends it. Between systems people it is a term of endearment or admiration or respect. However, when someone outside the field uses it in relation to me or systems programmers in general I'm not sure what the intent is and since the intent is generally derogatory I tend to go with it being an insult or put down.

I am not trying to compare the word geek with the slang for negro in terms of social impact or effect but I can see where the word can be offensive. For this reason I don't use it even in jest or as a descriptor behavior. Even if I am kidding, the person(s) over hearing my use of the word do not know that I am kidding and will assume the worse. I cite this and the other threads as examples of what I am saying.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Here is the issue with the "n word" and the blacks using it and whites not. I will use an analogy from my profession. I am a systems level programmer. That makes me geek because I know stuff that only geeks would know. When another systems guy calls me a geek, I know how he intends it. Between systems people it is a term of endearment or admiration or respect. However, when someone outside the field uses it in relation to me or systems programmers in general I'm not sure what the intent is and since the intent is generally derogatory I tend to go with it being an insult or put down.

I am not trying to compare the word geek with the slang for negro in terms of social impact or effect but I can see where the word can be offensive. For this reason I don't use it even in jest or as a descriptor behavior. Even if I am kidding, the person(s) over hearing my use of the word do not know that I am kidding and will assume the worse. I cite this and the other threads as examples of what I am saying.

I understand that and, as I said, it's unfortunate that these two black men chose to name their site this in an attempt to take the power away from the word, but I thought that some of the thoughtful and insightful people here would really enjoy the intelligent articles there, as I do on a daily basis, and there's no way to present or recommend the site without using the world. Maybe my efforts are just lost in the offensive nature of the world, and for that I apologize.. It wasn't an attempt at a slight at all.

When I first stumbled upon the site, I thought, "Oh, this should be rich-another white power site or some black activist trying to stir the pot..." But I was pleasantly surprised and frequent the site because I enjoy the commentary.

For example, here's the lead-in to a story posted there yesterday, "Obama dumps four terrorists (?), er, detainees . . . Um, who cares. But he did so in the British territory of Bermuda without notifying Britain in advance and then tells them they are going to be called “guest workers”. First it was the DVD’s that won’t play that he gave to Gordon Brown and then the i-Pod that he gave to the Queen who already has one. What’s next, a bag of poop flambe at #10 Downing Street? Obama has the diplomatic aplomb of Maxwell Smart. Major hat tip and kudos once more to McNorman for this one."

And commentary from two days ago: "“Pragmatically optimistic”: Those are the words being used to describe the current brinkmanship, or shall we say begging, taking place between the Pentagon and Russia. At stake are relations with Iran and the new lexicon in the defense world going forward, which will include Eastern European countries, including Poland and phrases like “missile defense”. This is eerily reminiscent of the run up to World War II and the failed diplomacy that was blamed for the outbreak of the war. It is no secret what the term “missile defense” implies because with an election taking place in Iran in which regardless of the outcome it is expected that the government there will want to keep its nuclear facilities and its missile systems too. All are courtesy of the Russians, who now believe they are bargaining with the U.S. from a superior position. Russia is looking at matters which are relevant to them, such as the potential lost revenue from the oil rich Persian country. Governments in Washington and Moscow are basically having a tug of war to see what they are either going to receive or have to give up from interfering in the affairs of other countries, which has the potential of threatening their respective interests in certain regions of the world. In short, “pragmatically optimistic” means that it is back to the same old paradigm that existed during the Cold War in the mid to late 1970’s, which is still vividly memorable in my mind at least by its classic weak American defense posture. It is preposterous that an American president’s star power is somehow going to make up for the pitfalls of a Jimmy Carter philosophy still being employed which publicly shuns the use of the military in favor of diplomacy. Of course, this is a purely political move used to placate their left wing base, which in the eyes of ones enemy is the same as actively undercutting those who believe in bargaining from a position of power."

thinker
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
You really can't post without involving race, can you? You can call me and everyone else who sees what you're doing and how blatantly pathetic it is children, but the fact remains that you have racial hangups.

Two questions:

If your son or daughter decided to date a person of color, would you be okay with it?

How would you handle a boss who was a different ethnicity than you? Say, Persian?

I think honest answers would end this whole thing right here and now. Of course, I don't expect you to answer honestly, but hey. You might surprise me.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
You really can't post without involving race, can you? You can call me and everyone else who sees what you're doing and how blatantly pathetic it is children, but the fact remains that you have racial hangups.

Two questions:

If your son or daughter decided to date a person of color, would you be okay with it?

How would you handle a boss who was a different ethnicity than you? Say, Persian?

I think honest answers would end this whole thing right here and now. Of course, I don't expect you to answer honestly, but hey. You might surprise me.

I'll answer honestly, as I don't run from these topics like you do, and I don't think it's unusual to deal with racial matters-they're around us every day.

If my son or daughter decided to date a person of another color I wouldn't like it because I don't like interracial marriage. And that's not a slight against any other race. I simply think that people should date people of their own race. Bi-racial children get teased and are sometimes confused about who they are, etc.. I live with this every day. You want honesty? Okay-I have never seen a white woman and a black man where the woman didn't end up getting hurt, and that's just an observation. I've never seen that scenario play out favorably. You want honesty, before my wife and I met the only two men she had ever been with were black-one got her pregnant and left for Jamaica before his son was born and has not acknowledged his 12 year old son once or been heard from since, and one left her to go to Texas.. Thinking white trash? No, we're talking about a woman with a bachelors degree in music theory and a pianist and piano teacher. We've been married for five years and have two beautiful daughters (and one on the way) and my black step-son lives with us in a very happy home, achieving A's and B's every semester. The certificates of Honor Roll adorn or fridge because every night I do his homework with hm and make sure he's loved and taken care of... Care to educate me about interracial dating? Wanna call me a racist? Remember now, I haven't said one thing about superiority or inferiority of any race.

I would, however, treat that person my daughter chose to date with respect because we are creatures of free will, and they didn't have any control over what color they were born.. I don't force my will on other people, but you asked me to be honest, and there you have it.
Just as I think that homosexuality is repulsive, I still treat homosexuals with respect and dignity, as long as they are respectful toward me aren't activists, forcing their sexuality in my face.. In fact, one of my bosses right now is a lesbian, and I guarantee you she'd fire everyone else before me because I give her my best honest effort in everything I do. My job has nothing to do with her sexuality.

It's okay to have opinions and preferences about things, as long as you don't allow those opinions or hang-ups to control your behavior and cause you to act disrespectfully toward people with whom you disagree.

Regarding a boss of some other ethnicity-all I'll say about that is that I was in the US Army on active duty for 8 years, and some of my best friends and bosses were black or other races, and my life was in their hands in Desert Storm, and I covered their backs just as they covered mine.. The difference that you don't seem to be able to make is the one between having opinions and being professional about them..

I would bet my house that many, many more people in our society have deeply held opinions that they will never acknowledge publicly because of our sick society not allowing you to be honest, like saying that black neighborhoods have higher crime rates than white neighborhoods, and it's so bad that people might even start denying to themselves that they have these opinions.. Does mentioning this FACT about white and black neighborhoods and their disparate crime rates make me racist? Sadly and lazily, to some, yes, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with it, other than pointing it out.

I try to deal in honesty, not political correctness.

thinker
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Fair enough. I'll reply in detail when I get back from work, as I don't have time to break the reply down fully right now.

FlaGator
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I find it interesting that a lot of people are up in arms over the use of this particular slang term but during the time that we've beein discussing this, other posts have been using the terms "fag" and the ever imaginative "Butt Commando" and several other words that are offensive to homosexuals have been used and no one seems to be the least bit upset by this. It seems somewhat hypocritical to single out a word that is offensive to one group of people for the reaons that it is offensive to that group of people and yet have no issues with words that are offensive to another group of people. I'm not calling anyone a hypocrite, I just find the inconsistancy interesting.

thinker
06-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I haven't involved myself in any of the homosexual threads all that much, but to be perfectly honest I think part of it is that people don't see the civil rights movement and the GLBT lobby (I use that term for ease of reference, not any particular stance) as being on the same stance; yes, homosexuality in this country has been shunned, illegalized, and hated, but not to the extent that race relations have affected us historically.

No one ever enslaved a gay man because he was gay.

FlaGator
06-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I haven't involved myself in any of the homosexual threads all that much, but to be perfectly honest I think part of it is that people don't see the civil rights movement and the GLBT lobby (I use that term for ease of reference, not any particular stance) as being on the same stance; yes, homosexuality in this country has been shunned, illegalized, and hated, but not to the extent that race relations have affected us historically.

The whole slavery, minority and civil rights talk is just so much subtrafuge in my mind in relation to the topic at hand. It is providing psuedo reasoning for why we should be less offensive to one group of people and at the same time ignore another. I see this very simply; if it is wrong to subject one group of people with derogatory slang then it is wrong to subject all groups of people. To defend one and not the other is a form of intellectual dishonesty where we are being dishonest to our own reasoning in order to avoid making a stand for something that may not be a popular as the original point.

I don't like to see the words fag and butt pirate and that stuff used in relation to gays as much as I don't like to see the word ****** used to reference blacks. I guess I'm beling simplistic in my reasoning because I discern no difference between the two.

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
I would rather see people use whatever terminology they like with the understanding that in some circumstances, that terminology will be considered rude and ill bred.

People will always have opinions about people who think or act differently (or who tan differently). That's okay with me so long as I don't have to agree with those opinions if I think they're foolish. I'd much rather hear a flat out statement in colorful language than know that even more colorful views were being cultivated silently and without criticism.

FlaGator
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I would rather see people use whatever terminology they like with the understanding that in some circumstances, that terminology will be considered rude and ill bred.

People will always have opinions about people who think or act differently (or who tan differently). That's okay with me so long as I don't have to agree with those opinions if I think they're foolish. I'd much rather hear a flat out statement in colorful language than know that even more colorful views were being cultivated silently and without criticism.

I really don't want to hear it but generally I don't have enough of a a problem with it if they feel the need to express themselves that way. If someone cusses too much I may ask them to tone it done but other than that, to each his own. My interest here is the inconsistancy in the way some find one behavior offensive but the same behavior in with different circumstances it apparently OK.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM

A very wise position.. I never thought about that.. Society does have a way of making people act like someone they're not.

Rebel Yell
06-12-2009, 11:36 AM

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j264/autonomist/mrslave.gif

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
A very wise position.. I never thought about that.. Society does have a way of making people act like someone they're not.

I think that the popular view is that if people don't have a word for something or if they have to use an officially approved word to describe something, that the negative idea will just go away. I don't personally think that's true.

People modify their ideas through thought and discussion, through a process of give and take. If you can't talk about it, you aren't going to change your mind about it. On the contrary, since your views will never be challenged and since you will never have to defend your points, your position becomes even more implacable and unchanging.

It's the opposite of what the language police want, really.

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 04:07 PM
I find it interesting that a lot of people are up in arms over the use of this particular slang term but during the time that we've beein discussing this, other posts have been using the terms "fag" and the ever imaginative "Butt Commando" and several other words that are offensive to homosexuals have been used and no one seems to be the least bit upset by this. It seems somewhat hypocritical to single out a word that is offensive to one group of people for the reaons that it is offensive to that group of people and yet have no issues with words that are offensive to another group of people. I'm not calling anyone a hypocrite, I just find the inconsistancy interesting.

I beg to differ. Have you ever seen a black parade/march that denigrates the black race by calling themselves ******s? I have not. Conversely, the gay community does not have a problem with using signs and themes in their parades for their sick behavior such as calling themselves Queers and Fags. Therefore, I find no inconsistency, and if it looks like a fag , talks like a fag and acts like a fag for all to see, it must be a fag.

Rebel Yell
06-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I beg to differ. Have you ever seen a black parade/march that denigrates the black race by calling themselves ******s? I have not. Conversely, the gay community does not have a problem with using signs and themes in their parades for their sick behavior such as calling themselves Queers and Fags. Therefore, I find no inconsistency, and if it looks like a fag , talks like a fag and acts like a fag for all to see, it must be a fag.

Ever heard of this group?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uMVNQn1-lg

hazlnut
06-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Hah! You thought you had finally caught be being a racist...... Not hardly.. This site is a very well written and produced site by black men that wanted to take the strength of the word niggger away from the world and just use it every day... They discuss daily events in a very thoughtful and enlightening and classy manner.. You should check it out and subscribe to their email list to receive updates.. I go there every day several times to read their take on current events.. It's very thought provoking and worthwhile.

www.thedailyniggger.com Of course I used one extra g to get around then censors, but the website is spelled with the proper spelling and is a very nice place to keep up on and discuss news totally unrelated to race...

"Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

Lately, it seem like you're trying real hard to convince people you're not a racist. I don't know you personally, but the views you post on this board, more specifically, the words you sometimes use to articulate your views, are racist and homophobic.

It is what it is. When you use the word 'negro' you're talking about a black person in a derogatory manner. The same when you use the word 'faggot' regarding gay people.

The fact that you are trying to convince people or defend yourself means that, on some level, you don't want to be a racist.

So don't be one. Stop using those words when expressing your views. The best way to convince us would be to stop using those words.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 04:32 PM
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

Lately, it seem like you're trying real hard to convince people you're not a racist. I don't know you personally, but the views you post on this board, more specifically, the words you sometimes use to articulate your views, are racist and homophobic.

It is what it is. When you use the word 'negro' you're talking about a black person in a derogatory manner. The same when you use the word 'faggot' regarding gay people.

The fact that you are trying to convince people or defend yourself means that, on some level, you don't want to be a racist.

So don't be one. Stop using those words when expressing your views. The best way to convince us would be to stop using those words.

Damn! You figured me out.. I'm not a nazi or a woman, either! I'm not black, either.. Oh, damn, now I'm a nazi, and a black woman...

Actually, I used the word negro once in a knee-jerk reaction to a less-than-flattering picture of the Messiah. Any usage after that was referencing the first use. I don't call blacks negros as a rule. Regarding being homophobic, the word phobia means to be afraid of. So I'm definitely not homophobic.. Homosexuality is a disgusting lifestyle that I believe is a choice and also bad for the social fabric of our society, so I have little regard for their feelings when they don't consider my feelings while trying to teach my children that they're perfectly normal and moral people, which isn't compliant with my religion-you know the obscure, fringe religion known as Catholicism.. I don't proactively approach or offend homosexuals, but if I am asked my opinion, I will state it the same every time. As I said, I treat everyone with dignity and respect until I'm cornered.. Saying fag or faggot in a general sense on this board isn't a direct attack on anyone here, so if someone takes the faux offense to my words because they are hyper-sensitive, then they need to work on that issue. I'm not politically correct. I generally call it as I see it, and I have more respect for others who do the same.

stsinner
06-12-2009, 04:38 PM

No, what this means is that I'm on a crusade to get people to stop using this stupid word every time they hear a racial comment that they don't like.. Words have meanings, such as homophobic, as was discussed in my previous post, and words are increasingly used incorrectly either due to ignorance and not knowing the meaning or just as an attack to try to stifle the debate because once someone is branded a racist or a homophobe their argument is irrelevant. I am not a racist-I simply recognize that there are differences between the races, both positive and negative. To be a racist one must believe that someone is superior or inferior based on their race, which I do not.

And, yes, I enjoy discussing race because people in our society have had their thought so deluded that they can't even admit simple things that differentiate the races without feeling like a racist or calling someone a racist. The only people who can't discuss race any more are white people, and that's bull crap.. Blacks call each other ni**er all day long, they can call us a cracker all day long, Mexicans can join the racist organization La Raza and no one bats an eye, but let a white person even hint at being proud to be white and you're labelled a racist and a bigot.. check out YouTube sometime and you can find racist and violent videos made by blacks and hispanics all day long. A white person steps just the slightest bit near the line, and the video comes down for terms of use violations....

Also, look at the Messiah during the election-he said that family was absolutely off limits, yet he didn't protest when Sarah Palin's family was and is still attacked and chided by the media.. A person of a protected class speaks, and the media obeys like good lapdogs. A white person calls the same foul, and she might as well be yelling into the Grand Canyon.

It has to stop! America is not better off because one group of people have had their speech stifled... Not better off at all. I refuse to run from discussions of race. I have a dog in this fight-my black son will benefit from levelling the playing field, but when you can't even mention race without being branded a racist, no progress can be achieved. It won't improve with only blacks talking about it, and I refuse to feel guilty about a by-gone act done to a by-gone people, as bad as it was.

FlaGator
06-12-2009, 09:46 PM

That in no way addresses my point. If it is wrong to call blacks the n word because they find it offensive then it is wrong to call gays butt pirates because they find it offensive. To make excuses so that you can practice one while simultaneously being offended by another is a way to defend a bias that you find acceptable. Blacks have the right if they want to refer to them selves in anyway they want, even if they use the n word with each other. Same for gays and the word fagot, but both have a right to be offended if someone outside their peer group uses it. What you are saying is that its ok to show respect to blacks but it's perfectly ok not to give the same consideration to homosexuals. If you're prejudiced against one group and not another you are still behaving like a bigot.

thinker
06-17-2009, 12:33 AM
I'll answer honestly, as I don't run from these topics like you do, and I don't think it's unusual to deal with racial matters-they're around us every day.

Right...I run from topics when there's 5 people screaming for my blood and it's up to me to respond to all of them :rolleyes: You don't know me, so don't even try. Me refusing to use the terminology you do doesn't even begin to count as "running" from the issue.

If my son or daughter decided to date a person of another color I wouldn't like it because I don't like interracial marriage. And that's not a slight against any other race. I simply think that people should date people of their own race. Bi-racial children get teased and are sometimes confused about who they are, etc.. I live with this every day.

In reverse order: No child ever goes through life without getting teased by something. It's pretty wrongheaded to say that two people shouldn't have a life together because the outside world says they shouldn't; if we did everything the outside world told us to, we'd all be bloated, codepink-loving, raving lunatic moonbats. Internal choice is the only reasonable way to live; trying to live by the dictates of another isn't just a recipe for disaster, it goes against everything a so-called "conservative" should believe in.

Secondly, you're pro-segregation. We've heard that before. You just prefer your segregation in french, along with the soup of the day. The real point here is *why*, and we'll get to that in a minute.

You want honesty? Okay-I have never seen a white woman and a black man where the woman didn't end up getting hurt, and that's just an observation.

So you've seen every iteration that can possibly happen, eh? Your personal experience means that you're the leading, Almighty power on the subject? Please. And as a side note, lovely how you blame the black man in that statement. People hurt other people irregardless of race, sex, creed, or religion. That's just humanity for ya.

I've never seen that scenario play out favorably. You want honesty, before my wife and I met the only two men she had ever been with were black-one got her pregnant and left for Jamaica before his son was born and has not acknowledged his 12 year old son once or been heard from since, and one left her to go to Texas.. Thinking white trash? No, we're talking about a woman with a bachelors degree in music theory and a pianist and piano teacher. We've been married for five years and have two beautiful daughters (and one on the way) and my black step-son lives with us in a very happy home, achieving A's and B's every semester. The certificates of Honor Roll adorn or fridge because every night I do his homework with hm and make sure he's loved and taken care of... Care to educate me about interracial dating? Wanna call me a racist?

Your personal experience, no matter how powerful, wonderful, humbling, or generally amazing does not equate to cold, hard, fact. Without evidence, the sort of thing you're saying is r-a-c-i-s-t. You don't have evidence. You have anecdotes and biased opinions. Beyond that, while that's a lovely story you wrote there, it's in no way verifiable whatsoever (you could have added in there that Jesus made your stepson an immaculate birth, and it'd be about as provable). What concerns me is that, if all you typed in that little painting is true, you say you love your stepson...but you so obviously are disdainful, unapproving, and generally biased against a portion of his very -being-. That can't be healthy, for either of you.

Remember now, I haven't said one thing about superiority or inferiority of any race.

Directly? No. Indirectly? I'd break the post character limit quoting everything you've said that is in general defamatory of the Afro-American culture and ethnicity.

I would, however, treat that person my daughter chose to date with respect because we are creatures of free will, and they didn't have any control over what color they were born.. I don't force my will on other people, but you asked me to be honest, and there you have it.

I would hope that's true. My mother in law is a Southern Baptist...and she treats me (a Catholic) like crap. She doesn't realize she does it, but she's so biased that what's fair treatment to her is rather offensive to someone who doesn't believe in the things she believes in. I suspect you'd be in that same boat.

Just as I think that homosexuality is repulsive, I still treat homosexuals with respect and dignity

You sure as hell type about them behind their backs like they're little better than animals. I would venture that you treat them respectfully and in a courteous manner because if you treated them the way you felt like you'd wind up in jail..

It's okay to have opinions and preferences about things, as long as you don't allow those opinions or hang-ups to control your behavior and cause you to act disrespectfully toward people with whom you disagree.

...Your entire posting life since I've been back has been disrespectful of anyone who isn't white, christian, and straight. That's all anyone on this board can evaluate you on. If that's how you act in real life, why can't you do it here? If you can't, what makes you behave differently in real life? You afraid to show your true colors?

Regarding a boss of some other ethnicity-all I'll say about that is that I was in the US Army on active duty for 8 years, and some of my best friends and bosses were black or other races, and my life was in their hands in Desert Storm, and I covered their backs just as they covered mine.. The difference that you don't seem to be able to make is the one between having opinions and being professional about them..

The military is an entire different ball of wax. You try saying some of the crap you posted here in there, and you and I both know you'd be lucky not to get some not so friendly fire up your sphincter. The military ain't been racist since before 'nam. Bullets have a way of fixing that.

I would bet my house that many, many more people in our society have deeply held opinions that they will never acknowledge publicly because of our sick society not allowing you to be honest, like saying that black neighborhoods have higher crime rates than white neighborhoods, and it's so bad that people might even start denying to themselves that they have these opinions..

You're just a middle ground between the "lions" (as you see them) and the cowards you portray...if everything you said in this post alone is 100% true, then you're two very, very different people. Yes, you express the opinions you do...in an online, ANONYMOUS Internet forum. I would love to be a fly on the wall if your "lesbian boss" read this thread and knew your handle...I somehow doubt she'd view you in the same light you say she does.

Does mentioning this FACT about white and black neighborhoods and their disparate crime rates make me racist? Sadly and lazily, to some, yes, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with it, other than pointing it out.

No. Mentioning facts do not make you racist. Saying things like "all [Obama] needs is a 40 oz..." with regards to how the man is sitting...IS. The one is a "fact" as you yourself put it. The other one is a racially based slur.

You're completely unable to see your own contradictions, aren't you? :rolleyes:

I try to deal in honesty, not political correctness.

LOL! You're an honest racist (at least online).

lacarnut
06-17-2009, 02:10 AM
That in no way addresses my point. If it is wrong to call blacks the n word because they find it offensive then it is wrong to call gays butt pirates because they find it offensive. To make excuses so that you can practice one while simultaneously being offended by another is a way to defend a bias that you find acceptable. Blacks have the right if they want to refer to them selves in anyway they want, even if they use the n word with each other. Same for gays and the word fagot, but both have a right to be offended if someone outside their peer group uses it. What you are saying is that its ok to show respect to blacks but it's perfectly ok not to give the same consideration to homosexuals. If you're prejudiced against one group and not another you are still behaving like a bigot.

Here is the real deal. I worked with blacks for many years. They will use the n word to eachother but they are totally embarrased when they accidently did it in my presence. BTW, have you ever seen a black march where they are using the N word?

On the other hand, gay parades display their perversion by calling THEMSELVES FAGS, QUEERS, BUTT HUMPHERS, ETC. ETC. Do you see the difference between the 2 groups. One group is very secretive and the other group is open and wants to shove it in your face. BTW, I think your definition of bigotry is way off base.

AlmostThere
06-17-2009, 03:18 PM

Before retiring, my title was Senior Software Engineer. With that said, I'd like to rebut your take on geekdom. If a fellow geek acknowledges my geekness, and I'm not offended by the fact, why should I be offended by a mere mortal acknowledging the same? Just because they don't understand the honor they are giving, doesn't diminish the honor. I, as a geek, must have the humility to realize that all cannot be geeks and to have patience with the less evolved. :):rolleyes:

The Few; The Introspective; The Geeks

stsinner
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Right...I run from topics when there's 5 people screaming for my blood and it's up to me to respond to all of them :rolleyes: You don't know me, so don't even try. Me refusing to use the terminology you do doesn't even begin to count as "running" from the issue.

No, you said I was obsessed with race when I usually just join threads other people start regarding it.

In reverse order: No child ever goes through life without getting teased by something. It's pretty wrongheaded to say that two people shouldn't have a life together because the outside world says they shouldn't; if we did everything the outside world told us to, we'd all be bloated, codepink-loving, raving lunatic moonbats. Internal choice is the only reasonable way to live; trying to live by the dictates of another isn't just a recipe for disaster, it goes against everything a so-called "conservative" should believe in.

Okay. You said something. I read it.

Secondly, you're pro-segregation. We've heard that before. You just prefer your segregation in french, along with the soup of the day. The real point here is *why*, and we'll get to that in a minute.

I'm not pro-segregation-I said that people should be left alone by the government, and they would self-segregate, not necessarily by color, but they would all live where they felt most comfortable and accepted, and that would likely break down along racial lines, but most definitely would break down along socioeconomic lines. I said I was against social engineering and government mandating racial makeup of organizations/schools. And I know that people are free to live wherever they wish. This is based mainly on the government meddling in companies and their hiring practices. I I own my own company-the government has absolutely no business telling me who I can and can't hire or telling me how many of any one race I must hire. It's unconstitutional, but that's never stopped the government from doing anything, as Obama is proving almost on a daily basis.

So you've seen every iteration that can possibly happen, eh? Your personal experience means that you're the leading, Almighty power on the subject? Please. And as a side note, lovely how you blame the black man in that statement. People hurt other people irregardless of race, sex, creed, or religion. That's just humanity for ya.

I would assume just by reading your babble that I've experienced a great deal more than you in life, and I know I'm making an assumption, but I'd put money on it.

Your personal experience, no matter how powerful, wonderful, humbling, or generally amazing does not equate to cold, hard, fact. Without evidence, the sort of thing you're saying is r-a-c-i-s-t. You don't have evidence. You have anecdotes and biased opinions. Beyond that, while that's a lovely story you wrote there, it's in no way verifiable whatsoever (you could have added in there that Jesus made your stepson an immaculate birth, and it'd be about as provable). What concerns me is that, if all you typed in that little painting is true, you say you love your stepson...but you so obviously are disdainful, unapproving, and generally biased against a portion of his very -being-. That can't be healthy, for either of you.

First, telling me I am unapproving of my son because of his race makes you an ignorant bastard.

But regarding my anecdotes that evidently fell flat, so you're saying I should base my opinions and feelings on the experiences of others, rather than my own personal experiences and observations, right?
Race-based or having to do with race does not make something racist.. In order to be racist you have to believe someone is either superior or inferior based on their race.. If i say that black neighborhoods have a higher crime rate than white neighborhoods, you're trained by society to call me a racist. So based on the obvious fact that you have no idea how to correctly identify someon as a racist, that's all I'll say about that paragraph.

Directly? No. Indirectly? I'd break the post character limit quoting everything you've said that is in general defamatory of the Afro-American culture and ethnicity.

This would be a doosy.. I'd love to dispute those..

I would hope that's true. My mother in law is a Southern Baptist...and she treats me (a Catholic) like crap. She doesn't realize she does it, but she's so biased that what's fair treatment to her is rather offensive to someone who doesn't believe in the things she believes in. I suspect you'd be in that same boat.

That suspicious.

You sure as hell type about them behind their backs like they're little better than animals. I would venture that you treat them respectfully and in a courteous manner because if you treated them the way you felt like you'd wind up in jail..

This is a discussion forum where you discuss things. Nobody anywhere walks up to someone and discusses things like their race or their sexual preference.. That was just a stupid statement..

...Your entire posting life since I've been back has been disrespectful of anyone who isn't white, christian, and straight. That's all anyone on this board can evaluate you on. If that's how you act in real life, why can't you do it here? If you can't, what makes you behave differently in real life? You afraid to show your true colors?

See the previous statement.

The military is an entire different ball of wax. You try saying some of the crap you posted here in there, and you and I both know you'd be lucky not to get some not so friendly fire up your sphincter. The military ain't been racist since before 'nam. Bullets have a way of fixing that.

Do you honestly believe, and be honest now, that if I was a racist and actually had disdain for other races that this wouldn't have come out in EIGHT YEARS???!!! You really that if I hated black people I woudn't slip, not even one time, in eight years? give me a break.

You're just a middle ground between the "lions" (as you see them) and the cowards you portray...if everything you said in this post alone is 100% true, then you're two very, very different people. Yes, you express the opinions you do...in an online, ANONYMOUS Internet forum. I would love to be a fly on the wall if your "lesbian boss" read this thread and knew your handle...I somehow doubt she'd view you in the same light you say she does.

Wow, wrong again... I post the same way in another forum that she frequents, and before asking me to work for her, she discussed with her lover whether or not she should because of my views, and she said that she found me to be a great person. Like I said, I don't actively attack anyone for any reason. I have opinions and thoughts about people, as does everyone else, but I don't act on them because it's not my place. As longs as it doesn't affect me or my family, they can live their life however they wish.

No. Mentioning facts do not make you racist. Saying things like "all [Obama] needs is a 40 oz..." with regards to how the man is sitting...IS. The one is a "fact" as you yourself put it. The other one is a racially based slur.

I was perpetuating a sterotype that I didn't create, and by the way, for which I've publicly apologized.

You're completely unable to see your own contradictions, aren't you? :rolleyes:

I thought I did, but then I contradicted myself.

LOL! You're an honest racist (at least online).

I really get a kick out of people calling names and trying to label people, all the while talking about just how tolerant and accepting they are.

linda22003
06-17-2009, 03:51 PM
You want honesty, before my wife and I met the only two men she had ever been with were black-one got her pregnant and left for Jamaica before his son was born and has not acknowledged his 12 year old son once or been heard from since

For honesty, you should check your earlier posts to make sure your stories match up. The first time you told us you had a black child, you said he was a souvenir from a trip she took to Jamaica.

stsinner
06-17-2009, 03:56 PM
For honesty, you should check your earlier posts to make sure your stories match up. The first time you told us you had a black child, you said he was a souvenir from a trip she took to Jamaica.

When did I prove that wrong? She met him here while he was working as a guest worker in New York, and when he returned home to Jamaica, she went there twice to visit.. While she was working with the consulate to get him papers to come here, he ceased all communication. I didn't think all that detail was necessary to make the point.