PDA

View Full Version : Business Groups Dare Obama To Limit Pay for Union Bosses

megimoo
06-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Business groups are daring President Barack Obama to impose pay caps on labor union bosses in light of indications the White House will limit how much corporate executives can be paid. President Obama has argued “corporate greed” has contributed to the economic crisis and appointed a “compensation czar” to review executive pay for several companies receiving taxpayer bailout money Wednesday.(snip)Business leaders who oppose plans to limit executive pay say if it is to be passed,

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/jun/11/business-groups-dare-obama-to-limit-pay-for-unions/

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 12:51 AM
hell - why not limit pay for bureaucrats and poloticians. I say they shouldn't make more than double the poverty level.

megimoo
06-12-2009, 01:23 AM
hell - why not limit pay for bureaucrats and poloticians. I say they shouldn't make more than double the poverty level.Cut their pay to the lowest average national wage and watch them all bail out !

sgrooms
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
I was watching Cavuto the other night, right after they appointed this "pay czar".

His stance was if he is going to limit pay and regulate what they do, he needs to start in Congress. These people have spent trillions of dollars with no regard to what is going to happen to the American economy. If a CEO ran his business the way these people have run our economy, they would have been fired decades ago!

If you are going to start limiting pay and taking away priviledges, start at home. How long do you suppose he would last?

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 10:24 AM
*Libertarian head explodes*

No! Much as I despise the union shills, I don't want government to decide what anybody makes. Even the people I mistrust and dislike. :mad:

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:31 AM
*Libertarian head explodes*

No! Much as I despise the union shills, I don't want government to decide what anybody makes. Even the people I mistrust and dislike. :mad:

good point. Congressional pay raises should have to come to the ballot and have the people vote.

Speedy
06-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Cut their pay to the lowest average national wage and watch them all bail out !

How about when a Senator or Congressman gets his bank account frozen at whatever is in the bank and he is not a penny richer when he gets out except for his Congressional salary.