PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Final Game tonight

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Game 7 of the Cup game comes on at 8pm EST. It should be a great game. Hope the underdog Penguins win.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
just want to point out that Pittsburgh - even if we lose - is still better than thoe LOSERS in Philidelphia.

Lars1701a
06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Going to love seeing the wings eat the Pens lunch tonight. :D

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 10:39 PM

Hey, hey; The Pens outplayed the Wings and win 2 to 1. Congrats to them and Mario.
Great game and Pens just wanted it more.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 10:40 PM

YOU WERE SAYING??? LOL! Every time you talk smack - our team wins!

Say someting shitty about the pirates - PLEASE!!!!:D

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Congratulation to the Penguins.

I was rooting for the Carolina Canes but am happy that Pittsburg won.

Poli, Does Philadelphia have a team? :confused:

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Congratulation to the Penguins.

I was rooting for the Carolina Canes but am happy that Pittsburg won.

Poli, Does Philadelphia have a team? :confused: Not really. They have the Flyers but one can hardly call them a team . . . . :D

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Can I point out that this means this year Pittsburgh now has 6 rings and 3 cups. :) We'll ignore the priates for now. Lars needs to talk some smack to save us from the tropy they're looking to bring how this year!

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:02 PM
Can I point out that this means this year Pittsburgh now has 6 rings and 3 cups. :) We'll ignore the priates for now. Lars needs to talk some smack to save us from the tropy they're looking to bring how this year!

Remember the We Are Family guys......???

Good Times.....

Rockntractor
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM
The only sport I ever liked. Hockey! It should be no surprize born and raised in minnesota don't you know. I haven't watched since Bobby Hull was populer.

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:11 PM
The only sport I ever liked. Hockey! It should be no surprize born and raised in minnesota don't you know. I haven't watched since Bobby Hull was populer.

The thing about hockey is that there is no comparison between being at a live hockey game and watching it on TV. Hockey does not translate at all to TV.

Live, in the arena, I don't think any sport can compare.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM
The thing about hockey is that there is no comparison between being at a live hockey game and watching it on TV. Hockey does not translate at all to TV.

very true. I wish I could go and watch the games - but the Pens always lose when I watch them play - or when I know the score. :(

ralph wiggum
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Remember the We Are Family guys......???

Good Times.....

The '79 Pirates were the last team in the 4 major sports to win a game 7 on the road in the finals. ;)

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
very true. I wish I could go and watch the games - but the Pens always lose when I watch them play - or when I know the score. :(

I'm the same way with the Braves. I go to a Braves game....they lose. :(

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:17 PM
The '79 Pirates were the last team in the 4 major sports to win a game 7 on the road in the finals. ;)

I didn't know/remember that. Cool.

I did remember Willie Stargill. I hung on every pitch.

And Kent Tekulve...sp.....????

ralph wiggum
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I didn't know/remember that. Cool.

I did remember Willie Stargill. I hung on every pitch.

And Kent Tekulve...sp.....????

I remember it vividly too. Maybe it was the ugly uniforms for both the Bucs & Orioles. :D

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:22 PM
I remember it vividly too. Maybe it was the ugly uniforms for both the Bucs & Orioles. :D

True Dat. The caps....OMG....the caps.....my eyes....my eyes.....

Rockntractor
06-12-2009, 11:22 PM

Hell I played it 4 months a year Actually more. In the spring and fall it was floor hockey in the gym.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:27 PM

"79 was the last time the Pirates won a world series too.

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Hell I played it 4 months a year Actually more. In the spring and fall it was floor hockey in the gym.

I would have played hockey in Georgia but we didn't have the necessary equipment.....like ice.

We didn't know about floor hockey. I know we could have found a floor somewhere.....

Nobody told us......

Rockntractor
06-12-2009, 11:31 PM
I would have played hockey in Georgia but we didn't have the necessary equipment.....like ice.

We didn't know about floor hockey. I know we could have found a floor somewhere.....

Nobody told us......
I was over 6' tall 180# in 8th grade. They used me like a battering ram.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I was over 6' tall 180# in 8th grade. They used me like a battering ram.

Did they call you moose? or meat? ;)

patriot45
06-12-2009, 11:32 PM

Oh man, I remember flipping baseball cards in gym class! And if I remember correctly in the Topps cards the Pirates were black emblem, very cool and the orioles were ? I ain't sure maybe a pinkish red?
Pirates had a pitcher back then, his name was Face! Wow , face the Face!

ralph wiggum
06-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Oh man, I remember flipping baseball cards in gym class! And if I remember correctly in the Topps cards the Pirates were black emblem, very cool and the orioles were ? I ain't sure maybe a pinkish red?
Pirates had a pitcher back then, his name was Face! Wow , face the Face!

Elroy Face.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
old people with their strange stories are SCARY!

ralph wiggum
06-12-2009, 11:37 PM
"79 was the last time the Pirates won a world series too.

The last time the Pirates were in the World Series was '79.

Rockntractor
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Did they call you moose? or meat? ;)
I don't even remember what they called me anymore. I was very clumsy and not much good at any other sport. I could hit homeruns in baseball but I caught the balls with my face all the time. When I got on skates it was a different story. Raw speed and I could hit that puck.

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:38 PM

I remember Ford Pintos you ......you.....Mondo Gizmo.......:p

patriot45
06-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Haha! The older you get, the more stories you have!

How about I wish my mom would have saved my baseball cards when I moved out, about 1974! I lived in New York. I had more Mantle and Berra cards than I can count.

Scary story:
We used to put baseball cards on our bicycle spokes! If you had a double or a card of a rival (smelly socks), you would put them on your bike!

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Haha! The older you get, the more stories you have!

How about I wish my mom would have saved my baseball cards when I moved out, about 1974! I lived in New York. I had more Mantle and Berra cards than I can count.

Scary story:
We used to put baseball cards on our bicycle spokes! If you had a double or a card of a rival (smelly socks), you would put them on your bike!

never collected Baseball cards - but I did collect Garbage pail kids.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/04/garbage-pail-kid.jpg
:) and I had ALL of the first 5 series until my younger brother found them and thought it would be cool to put them all over his school book covers - right about the time I discovered they were worth about $20 a peace some of them! Nearly killed the little shit.

Lars1701a
06-13-2009, 12:26 AM
YOU WERE SAYING??? LOL! Every time you talk smack - our team wins!

Say someting shitty about the pirates - PLEASE!!!!:D

That first goal should have been waved off due to being off sides but you needed a break to win.

Its one thing to win its another when you need a cheap break like that.

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 12:35 AM
That first goal should have been waved off due to being off sides but you needed a break to win.

Its one thing to win its another when you need a cheap break like that.

You always have an excuse don't ya lars! :P So? Come on - talk smack on the Pirates. :) You know you want to!

ralph wiggum
06-13-2009, 12:39 AM
True Dat. The caps....OMG....the caps.....my eyes....my eyes.....

http://www.dvdinmypants.com/reviews/W-Z/images/worldpirates/mail-4.jpg

And the awful Orioles uni's:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/features/1997/swinginas/1974/images/orioles.jpg

Lars1701a
06-13-2009, 12:48 AM
You always have an excuse don't ya lars! :P So? Come on - talk smack on the Pirates. :) You know you want to!

No excuse douche you saw and you know it but you keep spewing lies.

Bubba Dawg
06-13-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.dvdinmypants.com/reviews/W-Z/images/worldpirates/mail-4.jpg

And the awful Orioles uni's:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/features/1997/swinginas/1974/images/orioles.jpg

LOL. All you youngsters see what I mean about the caps?

The seventies had some ugly uniforms. Looked Like Joe's Pizza Parlor playing Louie's Carwash in softball.

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 11:13 AM
No excuse douche you saw and you know it but you keep spewing lies.

Saw What? I saw nothing of the sort. What I do see is you making excuses once again trying to explain away Pittsburgh winning. :)

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 11:13 AM

The seventies had some ugly uniforms. Looked Like Joe's Pizza Parlor playing Louie's Carwash in softball.

dude - the 70s were ugly period.

Constitutionally Speaking
06-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Great series Poli.

Next year the Wings will rebound.

Bubba Dawg
06-13-2009, 05:21 PM
dude - the 70s were ugly period.

The Seventies were great. Oh man. Good times.....

lacarnut
06-13-2009, 06:21 PM
The Seventies were great. Oh man. Good times.....

Have to agree with that especially if you spent some time in the Atlanta area. Monkeys everywhere. :)

SarasotaRepub
06-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Who won the football game??? :p:D:D

ralph wiggum
06-13-2009, 10:52 PM

How about these 70's White Sox uniforms? :eek:

http://exhibits.baseballhalloffame.org/dressed_to_the_nines/pictures/timeline_1976.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0612/gallery.worstdressed/images/005230951.jpg

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 11:00 PM
I reiterate - the 70s SUCK(ED)!!