PDA

View Full Version : Dear David Letterman by Michelle Malkin

megimoo
06-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Will you teach your son to talk about women and girls the way you talk about Sarah Palin and her daughters?

You called the married 45-year-old mother, grandmother and Alaska governor a "slutty flight attendant" on your national TV talk show because she happens to be a tall, beautiful and dynamic public figure who doesn't look, walk or talk the way you think she should.
You joked on national television about Palin's teenage daughter "getting knocked up" by professional baseball player Alex Rodriguez or solicited by the prostitute-addicted former New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer because it's acceptable in your social and professional circles to sneer at the children of politicians you despise.

snip
You expressed moral indignation at being misconstrued, yet you purposely omitted the name of the daughter you were mocking.

Fourteen-year-old Willow Palin was the daughter who accompanied Gov. Palin on her trip this week, not 18-year-old Bristol Palin, whom you now claim was the target of your feckless smear -- a smear you still insist is perfectly defensible. Look at yourself, Dave. Look at how lame your excuse-making was on your Wednesday night show:

"These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened. I don't think it's funny. I would never think it was funny. I wouldn't put it in a joke..."

Tell us, great comic genius, how tacking on four years to the target daughter makes it funny? We unenlightened dim bulbs who live outside of Manhattan's boundaries don't get the joke.

Will you be able to explain it to your son?

http://townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2009/06/12/dear_david_letterman

GF Kennan
06-12-2009, 06:16 PM
it's acceptable in your social and professional circles to sneer at the children of politicians you despise.

Yawn...

Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

megimoo
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Yawn...Keeping you up grassHopper ,BTW where did we find you ?

Shannon
06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Yawn...

OMG, did he really say that?:eek: I know I'm going straight to hell for laughing at that.:p

GF Kennan
06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
OMG, did he really say that?:eek: I know I'm going straight to hell for laughing at that.:p

So am I for laughing at Letterman. :D

megimoo
06-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Matt Lauer You Ignorant SLUT !!

Sarah Palin: Hey Matt... Matt... OK Matt I would say that you and anybody else are extremely naive to believe that very convenient excuse of David Letterman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVC2qah1DU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyidwithlid%2Eblogspot%2Ecom%2F20 09%2F06%2Fmatt%2Dlauer%2Dyou%2Dignorant%2Dslut%2Eh tml&feature=player_embedded

Sara Palin Was on the Today Show and when Matt Lauer began to look stupid (as he usually does) she made him look worse. Take a look at the video below (H/T) Gateway Pundit:
http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2009/06/matt-lauer-you-ignorant-slut.html

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 07:40 PM
So am I for laughing at Letterman. :D

Even a pervert should know the difference between calling a kid ugly and advocating rape. I guess not with liberals. BTW, calling Chelsea (the teenager) ugly was not too far from the truth.

GF Kennan
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Even a pervert should know the difference between calling a kid ugly and advocating rape. I guess not with liberals. BTW, calling Chelsea (the teenager) ugly was not too far from the truth.

Clinton graduated from Stanford, and is attending (has graduated from?) Columbia graduate school. She was a consultant for McKenzie, the premier consulting firm in the nation. Bristol Palin is a single mom, hasn't completed high-school, and is spending her time doing the tabloid tv circuit. Perhaps Letterman's comments were "not too far from the truth."

lacarnut
06-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Clinton graduated from Stanford, and is attending (has graduated from?) Columbia graduate school. She was a consultant for McKenzie, the premier consulting firm in the nation. Bristol Palin is a single mom, hasn't completed high-school, and is spending her time doing the tabloid tv circuit. Perhaps Letterman's comments were "not too far from the truth."

Your response has nothing to do with Letterman's comments about A-Rod raping Palin's 14 year old daughter. Try again, dumb ass.

Tell you what, I would rather be a child/family member of the Palin's than one of the Clinton's. I would explain it to you but you are too stupid to understand.

alaskamomma
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM

your point is... because Chelsea has high grades, had strings pulled to get the job she had, that must make her a better person than Bristol Palin, so that gives Letterman a right to mock and ridicule her on national t.v...
I seem to remember when the Hillary went on national tv and said to talk about her all they wanted, but to leave her kid out of things..

as usual, the typical double standards of a liberal..

AlmostThere
06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Anyone remember David Shuster's comment on Chelsea Clinton's efforts on her mom's campaign?

While filling in as a host Thursday, Shuster was discussing the 27-year-old's role in Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign with two guests when he asked: "Doesn't it seem as if Chelsea is sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?"

This comment drew the following response from Hillary's campaign.

Howard Wolfson, the campaign's communications director, called Shuster's remark "disgusting," "beneath contempt" and "the kind of thing that should never be said on a national news network." Wolfson appeared to suggest that Clinton is reconsidering an agreement this week to participate in an MSNBC debate Feb. 26 in Cleveland, saying: "I at this point can't envision doing another debate on that network."

In a statement, MSNBC spokesman Jeremy Gaines called Shuster's language "irresponsible. . . . NBC News takes these matters seriously and offers our sincere regrets to the Clintons for the remarks."

"Doesn't it seem as if Chelsea is sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?" got David Shuster an indefinite suspension from his job and severe rebukes from every corner. This after he made a sincere on-air apology the following day.

Letterman says Sarah Palin looks slutty and her 14 year old daughter is knocked up by A-Rod and what was the fallout?

Sonnabend
06-12-2009, 09:04 PM
. Bristol Palin is a single mom, hasn't completed high-school, and is spending her time doing the tabloid tv circuit. Perhaps Letterman's comments were "not too far from the truth."

Willow is 14 years old and Letterman was WAY out of line. Y'know, gutless, i challenge you to go to GOVERNOR Palin and say that to her face. Go on. I dare you.

BTW the reason that Willow would be best kept away from Letterman is that Willow is more than likely to do what kids do at that age...tell Letterman what she thinks of him in blunt, no holds barred language.

Probably followed by Todd asking that coward Letterman to "step outside.

SaintLouieWoman
06-12-2009, 09:17 PM

You are listing the accomplishments of a young woman in her late 20's. Bristol Palin could also graduate from college. The difference is she won't have strings pulled for her to join a "premier consulting firm."

The comparisons aren't fair. I think Letterman's comments were out of line, particularly when he waited so long to marry the mother of his child. I'm sure someone could say that he "knocked up" his long time girlfriend. He's an adult, don't care what he does, but he shouldn't throw stones in that glass house of his.

GF Kennan
06-12-2009, 09:24 PM
You are listing the accomplishments of a young woman in her late 20's. Bristol Palin could also graduate from college. The difference is she won't have strings pulled for her to join a "premier consulting firm."

The comparisons aren't fair. I think Letterman's comments were out of line, particularly when he waited so long to marry the mother of his child. I'm sure someone could say that he "knocked up" his long time girlfriend. He's an adult, don't care what he does, but he shouldn't throw stones in that glass house of his.

I think Chelsea Clinton was admitted to Stanford at the age of 18. Refresh my memory. What university has Bristol Palin (who is also 18) been admitted to? What schools is she likely to be admitted to?

Off topic, but as to pulling strings, it's interesting that people attack Chelsea Clinton for that (although as I understand it, her grades were excellent at Stanford), but not George W. Bush who, given his grades in high school and as an undergraduate certainly did not meet the entry requirements for either Yale or Harvard. I think if you compare the grades of Clinton and Bush, you'll find whose family connections were pulling the strings.

Sonnabend
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I think Chelsea Clinton was admitted to Stanford at the age of 18. Refresh my memory. What university has Bristol Palin (who is also 18) been admitted to? What schools is she likely to be admitted to?

Tell ya what, Cold Warrior...why don't you write and ask her?

Off topic, but as to pulling strings, it's interesting that people attack Chelsea Clinton for that (although as I understand it, her grades were excellent at Stanford), but not George W. Bush who, given his grades in high school and as an undergraduate certainly did not meet the entry requirements for either Yale or Harvard. I think if you compare the grades of Clinton and Bush, you'll find whose family connections were pulling the strings.

Except that Pres. Bush was a qualified fighter pilot flying a plane you could not even get the engines started on, I challenge you to prove to me that Chellsea has the ability to fly a night intercept at 35,000 feet at mach one.

Sod off, swampy.

SarasotaRepub
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM

Hi CW! :D Bye CW.

CorwinK
06-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Willow is 14 years old and Letterman was WAY out of line. Y'know, gutless, i challenge you to go to GOVERNOR Palin and say that to her face. Go on. I dare you.

BTW the reason that Willow would be best kept away from Letterman is that Willow is more than likely to do what kids do at that age...tell Letterman what she thinks of him in blunt, no holds barred language.

Probably followed by Todd asking that coward Letterman to "step outside.

Sonnabend...this isnt directed at you...just using your quote as a reference.

screw the whole 'governor' aspect...go ask any mother a question like that and see if you walk away with teeth. I know my mother would knock the hell out of someone for speaking about her daughter like that. There are so many worse things than to be an unwed mother at 18 that hasn't finish school. Sure, it sucks...no question about it but I can think of worse.

My own sister graduated Saturday from high school...her diploma doesn't mean shit in todays world where theres fast food joints that require you to have it for a job. Getting your diploma doesn't mean near as much as it did 20 years ago, whose to say that Bristol is better off without it? Look at the level of growing up she has to do as a mother now. Perhaps with that level of maturity she can go pull her GED (not exactly difficult) and do better than the majority of what would have been her graduating class who didn't have to grow up right away.

linda22003
06-15-2009, 09:57 AM

I see no reason why the comment was "bannable" so it must have been personal instead.

Rockntractor
06-15-2009, 10:00 AM
I see no reason why the comment was "bannable" so it must have been personal instead.
He was watercloset.

linda22003
06-15-2009, 10:06 AM
So my comment is fact, then, not conjecture.

Rockntractor
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
So my comment is fact, then, not conjecture.

Yes maam. If you say so.

lacarnut
06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
He was watercloset.

Poor baby; he just can not help his BDS, and sucking up to the Clintons & Obamas.:eek: Good riddance.

Rebel Yell
06-15-2009, 10:29 AM

I don't know what the whole history of CW/WC/GF is, but wouldn't it just defeat the purpose of banning someone if they could just come back under another name?

linda22003
06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
I don't agree with banning people at all, but I don't run this site.

Rebel Yell
06-15-2009, 10:41 AM

That, I agree with.

megimoo
06-15-2009, 10:49 AM
I admire a Harry Truman like man of few words and a short tollerance factor !

lacarnut
06-15-2009, 10:55 AM

I do agree with banning people when they get warned and warned and warned and given time outs and time outs and banned and banned and then they are too stupid to comply with standards set forth. He made his own bed so he has to lie in it.

lacarnut
06-15-2009, 10:57 AM
I admire a Harry Truman like man of few words and a short tollerance factor !

Same here. Bravo.

Phillygirl
06-18-2009, 05:22 PM
I do agree with banning people when they get warned and warned and warned and given time outs and time outs and banned and banned and then they are too stupid to comply with standards set forth. He made his own bed so he has to lie in it.

I agree. It would be nice to know what the standards are and whether they are across the board, or modeled for the individual poster.

Rockntractor
06-18-2009, 07:06 PM
When I was banned from TFF I hadn't done anything particularly bad. It was more my attitude toward the moderator when I was warned. i felt he was wrong and I wasn't impressed with his position. All he had to do is push a button and he won. Always remember it is their dog and pony show

CueSi
06-18-2009, 08:22 PM
And, IICR, McCain gave a sincere apology to Chelsea Clinton and her family.

~QC