PDA

View Full Version : New York Lawmaker Calls on CBS to Fire Letterman for Palin Comments

megimoo
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
New York Lawmaker Calls on CBS to Fire Letterman for Palin Comments

In the letter to CBS chief Les Moonves, Kolb said he took Letterman to task for the "shockingly inappropriate" jokes...

......."Hey If She were Black Sharpton would be after another ten million from CBS and Lettermans ass and get it !"

“As the proud father of a daughter, and as a husband, I wanted Mr. Moonves to hear from me directly about Mr. Letterman’s disparaging remarks," Kolb said in a written statement.

“Firing Mr. Letterman would send a clear message that CBS will not tolerate any of its employees — even an established media figure like Mr. Letterman — making demeaning and degrading comments about women.”

The request came after the late-night host stopped short of apologizing for "jokes" he had made about Palin, the former Republican vice presidential nominee, and her family, including one that referred to her daughter being "knocked up" by New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez.

"We were, as we often do, making jokes about people in the news, and we made some jokes about Sarah Palin and her daughter, the 18-year-old girl, who is — her name is Bristol, that’s right, and so, then, now they’re upset with me," Letterman said.

"These are not jokes made about her 14-year-old daughter. I would never, never make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened. I don’t think it’s funny. I would never think it was funny. I wouldn’t put it in a joke.".."Horse crap" !

The host later invited Palin and her husband to appear on “The Late Show,” a request they vehemently . rejected.""...Lots of balls this old over the hill creep has,He had better have a bodyguard on hand if
if her father shows up !"

"The Palins have no intention of providing a rating's boost for David Letterman by appearing on his show," the Alaska governor's office said in a written statement Thursday. "Plus, it would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman."

On Friday, the Alaska governor said Letterman owes an apology to young women across the country for the joke.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526055,00.html