PDA

View Full Version : DAN GAINOR: Left Blames Holocaust Museum Attack on Conservatives

MrsSmith
06-12-2009, 07:53 PM
DAN GAINOR: Left Blames Holocaust Museum Attack on Conservatives

How does James von Brunn, a man who attacked the Federal Reserve’s Washington headquarters in 1981 when Ronald Reagan was president suddenly get tagged by the media as “a right winger?” When the mainstream media rely on left-wing sources for their information, that’s how.

In the aftermath of this week’s shooting at the Holocaust Museum in Washington, a Nazi who may have targeted conservatives for attack as well, is suddenly singled out as part of a deadly trend. The left jumped on yesterday’s horrific incident as yet another example of so-called “right-wing extremism.” Liberals connected von Brunn — a career anti-Semite, neo-Nazi nutball — to conservative dissatisfaction with President Obama. And journalists were right there with them asking all of the expected questions about scary conservatives.

>>>

It’s good to know that hate is now bad. This after the left spent eight spent years demonizing our soldiers in Iraq, President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, businessmen and virtually anyone connected to the GOP. Now, as Code Pinkers still harass Cheney and protest Bush’s new Texas home and lefty bloggers call for the execution of climate deniers, suddenly the issue they want to focus on is “right-wing hate.”

Sure.

>>>

All of these breathless theories from left-wing quarters about Wednesday’s shooting fall apart when you look at one key point –- that von Brunn’s history makes it obvious he is no “right-wing” anything. Finding a right-winger who hated the government under Reagan is like trying to find an honest politician.
But to tell that story, the liberal media would also have to be honest. Too many in the mainstream media gave up on honesty as the best policy long ago.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/06/11/gainor_holocaust_museum_shooting/

hazlnut
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/06/11/gainor_holocaust_museum_shooting/

If he added the words 'Some on the' to the title of the article, I would totally agree with it. It is wrong and unfortunate that some on the left are making this a partisan issue.

I don't like the Rush/Hannity style but we absolutely can not police them or limit their free speech. The legal line is very clear in terms of advocating the committing of a specific act or felony and to my knowledge they have not even come close.

These lone wolf types are not with the right or left. They are angry, damaged folks out to hurt as many people as possible.

We need bi/non-partisan thought and effort to focus on keeping people safe.

AlmostThere
06-12-2009, 09:01 PM
If he added the words 'Some on the' to the title of the article, I would totally agree with it. It is wrong and unfortunate that some on the left are making this a partisan issue.

I don't like the Rush/Hannity style but we absolutely can not police them or limit their free speech. The legal line is very clear in terms of advocating the committing of a specific act or felony and to my knowledge they have not even come close.

These lone wolf types are not with the right or left. They are angry, damaged folks out to hurt as many people as possible.

We need bi/non-partisan thought and effort to focus on keeping people safe.

Please name one on-air conservative who has espoused some opinion that you think would lead a neo-nazi to enter the Holocaust Museum and start shooting people. Just ONE conservative that has said ANYTHING that would cause this man to do this. JUST ONE.

hazlnut
06-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Please name one on-air conservative who has espoused some opinion that you think would lead a neo-nazi to enter the Holocaust Museum and start shooting people. Just ONE conservative that has said ANYTHING that would cause this man to do this. JUST ONE.

None. That was my point. Anyone on the left / far-left to use this moment as anything other than let's work together to prevent this, is wrong for doing so.

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't blame the left or the right for the attack at the Holocaust Museum or the shooting of the abortion doctor or the shooting of the army recruiter or any other thing.

These are independent actions of people who don't reflect the beliefs or values of anyone mainstream in either party.

I do not believe it is reasonable to try to assign blame for these extreme illegal actions to the vast majority of Americans of either political philosophy.

MrsSmith
06-12-2009, 09:09 PM
From the article I posted...

Nobel Prize winner and wacky Times columnist Paul Krugman dubbed his latest effort “The Big Hate” and claimed “whatever dividing line there was between mainstream conservatism and the black-helicopter crowd seems to have been virtually erased.”

Salon’s Michael Rowe tried to bash everyone that Krugman attacked and a few, like Coulter and Hannity, that missed Krugman’s venomous assault. According to Rowe, prominent conservatives are “pop culture equivalent of necrotic carrion beetles, crawling with insectile determination from one infected open wound in the American psyche to another.” He concluded that there was no “Environmental Protection Agency to measure hate pollution in national dialogue” but that conservatives are responsible for “widows, orphans” and “carnage.”

(On ABC, reporter Pierre Thomas) - According to Thomas, issues that rile conservatives are the dangerous ones, telling viewers about “radicals of the ultra-fringe, filled with rage about illegal immigration, fear of losing their guns, abortion and race.”

The Daily Beast reporter Benjamin Sarlin took a predictably similar route, saying “to the nation’s horror, a much-maligned Department of Homeland Security memo on right-wing extremism is looking more accurate by the day.”

And Dallas Morning News’s Wayne Slater told CNN that the attack was linked with “anti-tax secessionists in Texas,” or Tea Party protesters.

AlmostThere
06-12-2009, 09:21 PM
None. That was my point. Anyone on the left / far-left to use this moment as anything other than let's work together to prevent this, is wrong for doing so.

My apologies, I read your post incorrectly.

Jeremiah Wright believes "them Jews" are keeping Obama from calling him. Sounds like he has a beef with "them Jews".