PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Easy week nite meal

patriot45
06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Hamburgers! Easy right? Well you can snazz it up easily.

Heat grill to low.

Mix your ground beef with an egg, a handfull of bread crumbs, some finely diced onions, a couple of splashes of crystals, whatsthishere sauce, soy sauce, a pinch of crushed red pepper, cayene pepper and salt and fresh ground black pepper.

Put burgers on grill and cook for - oops I forgot, make at least 1/2 to 3/4 lb patties, about 6 minutes.
Flip burgers and cook for about 3 minutes and put a slice of cheese on top and put some hamburger buns on the grill. Cook about 3 minutes more and Open grill and take everything off and eat!

Huge patties!
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/weekniteeasymeal006.jpg

Getting hungry

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/weekniteeasymeal007.jpg

I am getting full, Zaf can't have this! :D

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/weekniteeasymeal008.jpg

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Are you drinking Mt Dew and Vodka?.....:eek::eek::eek:

The burgers look great. I use soda crackers....saltines for the uninitiated....and soak them in milk and then mix with the meat, etc.

patriot45
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Bubba Dawg;145222]Are you drinking Mt Dew and Vodka?.....:eek::eek::eek:

Ah, Mr. Holmes, You put to and too together! No, I am drinking dew and vodka! Goes well with the burgers!

Hawkgirl
06-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I never understood putting breadcrumbs in hamburgers...doesn't that make them meatballs?

I like my meat mixed with nothing. I add mayo to my buns...and cheese and grilled onions and ketchup)

patriot45
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I never understood putting breadcrumbs in hamburgers...doesn't that make them meatballs?

I like my meat mixed with nothing. I add mayo to my buns...and cheese and grilled onions and ketchup)

Do not feel bad putting some binders in there. They will not fall apart when flipped, huge bonus. Plus the extra flavors you can slip in there are too many to name. Just do not work the meat too much, just enuf to mix! Excuse me, I just burped! They were that good! :D

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Do not feel bad putting some binders in there. They will not fall apart when flipped, huge bonus. Plus the extra flavors you can slip in there are too many to name. Just do not work the meat too much, just enuf to mix! Excuse me, I just burped! They were that good! :D

I'll second that. The bread crumbs or cracker crumbs in burgers or meatloaf act as a binder and also add texture and flavor.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM

I agree - the only thing I add to my burgers is MONTREAL STEAK SEASONING which I mix into the ground beef.

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:07 PM

If you form them correctly - they don't fall apart. :)

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Dude, I gotta ask - do you people even own any real dishes? :p

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Dudette.....those are genuine Chinet...:cool:

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:14 PM

OMG - you did NOT just dis on the chinet!?:eek:

(my family calls paper plates the good china . . . .;) )

patriot45
06-12-2009, 11:17 PM
If you form them correctly - they don't fall apart. :)

Huh? You mean make a patty out of them correctly? Give me a break. You can do it your way but you will need a grill basket or they will fall apart. Go here! (http://www.thebesthamburgerrecipes.com/)
Mine are better than his but you will get the idea!

patriot45
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM

Those plates have been in my family for ..... at least a week! :D

Bubba Dawg
06-12-2009, 11:20 PM
OMG - you did NOT just dis on the chinet!?:eek:

(my family calls paper plates the good china . . . .;) )

She's like that...she calls clam diggers....... pedal pushers, or something like that.....

It's a Colorado thing.....I think....

Did I mention I'm easily confused....???

PoliCon
06-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Huh? You mean make a patty out of them correctly? Give me a break. You can do it your way but you will need a grill basket or they will fall apart. Go here! (http://www.thebesthamburgerrecipes.com/)

My burgers NEVER fall apart. :cool:

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 11:46 PM
She's like that...she calls clam diggers....... pedal pushers, or something like that.....

It's a Colorado thing.....I think....

Did I mention I'm easily confused....???

Capri pants is the term you're groping for.

Hey! Every pic is on paper plates. I have nothing against them for casual entertainment (I personally make the stock go up by 20% during BBQ season) but it's always paper plates with you.

I have 4 sets of dishes for the various seasons. I understand not everybody will go that far but most people have at least one set of dishes. :D

patriot45
06-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Capri pants is the term you're groping for.

Hey! Every pic is on paper plates. I have nothing against them for casual entertainment (I personally make the stock go up by 20% during BBQ season) but it's always paper plates with you.

I have 4 sets of dishes for the various seasons. I understand not everybody will go that far but most people have at least one set of dishes. :D

Hey, you gotta be kidding! Summer= paper dishes, besides burgers don't rate washng dishes!:D

I got more than 1 set! How easy you forget!

Fancy from Emeril!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/rainbowtrout006.jpg

Earthy from Bed Bath & Beyond!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/patriot45270/flanksteak006-1.jpg

Gingersnap
06-12-2009, 11:59 PM
You bought plain square plates from some fat cooking dude? You could've gotten those puppies at Wal-Mart for $24.99. :p

Sorry! Really, I saw those same plates at Wal-Mart last week. :D

patriot45
06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
You bought plain square plates from some fat cooking dude? You could've gotten those puppies at Wal-Mart for $24.99. :p

Sorry! Really, I saw those same plates at Wal-Mart last week. :D

S'ok, its the food that counts! Half the time, by the time I'm done cooking I forget all about plating and just eat!:D And then I don't post the recipe.

Gingersnap
06-13-2009, 10:25 AM
S'ok, its the food that counts! Half the time, by the time I'm done cooking I forget all about plating and just eat!:D And then I don't post the recipe.

We should have some kind of recipe challenge for you - like Iron Chef. We could pick an ingredient like Yucca or beef tongue and then you could come with a recipe for it with pics. :D

Rockntractor
06-13-2009, 10:41 AM
We should have some kind of recipe challenge for you - like Iron Chef. We could pick an ingredient like Yucca or beef tongue and then you could come with a recipe for it with pics. :D Pickled smoked beef tounge is not bad. but it is a lot of work for something you might not like because you no whats in it.

Gingersnap
06-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Pickled smoked beef tounge is not bad. but it is a lot of work for something you might not like because you no whats in it.

I've had tongue (not pickled). I'm not a huge fan.

linda22003
06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
The only thing I like to add to hamburger is a big lump of blue cheese right in the middle.

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 11:14 AM
The only thing I like to add to hamburger is a big lump of blue cheese right in the middle.

ooooo sounds yummy . . . .

patriot45
06-16-2009, 09:54 PM
We should have some kind of recipe challenge for you - like Iron Chef. We could pick an ingredient like Yucca or beef tongue and then you could come with a recipe for it with pics. :D

Hey! I would be up to it!:D Could be scary though. I have done the boiled pigskin in tomato sauce and Megimoos wierd bean dish and llived, so bring it on! Some of you gasped when I did a lobster bisque with the lobster head in the bowl!:D

Gingersnap
06-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey! I would be up to it!:D Could be scary though. I have done the boiled pigskin in tomato sauce and Megimoos wierd bean dish and llived, so bring it on! Some of you gasped when I did a lobster bisque with the lobster head in the bowl!:D

I think it would be fun!

patriot45
06-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I think it would be fun!

I'll show pics but maybe not of me actually eating it, you guys can be inventive(read disgusting):D

RobJohnson
06-18-2009, 02:41 AM

Cool website.