PDA

View Full Version : Judge Rules Padilla Can Sue Bush

AlmostThere
06-13-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/13/judge-rules-terrorist-sue-bush-administration-lawyer-torture-claim/

SAN FRANCISCO -- A convicted terrorist can sue a former Bush administration lawyer for drafting the legal theories that led to his alleged torture, ruled a federal judge has ruled who said he was trying to balance a clash between war and the defense of personal freedoms.

There are times when I actually hope these liberal idiots succeed in handing over America to our enemies. I would just like to see their faces when they see the real result of their stupidity. This feeling is only momentary.

PoliCon
06-13-2009, 11:03 PM
It won't stand. It'll have to go to SCOTUS.

stsinner
06-13-2009, 11:59 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/13/judge-rules-terrorist-sue-bush-administration-lawyer-torture-claim/

There are times when I actually hope these liberal idiots succeed in handing over America to our enemies. I would just like to see their faces when they see the real result of their stupidity. This feeling is only momentary.

There are times when, if it weren't for the way my wife and daughters would be treated, I'd just love to just switch to Islam (not really, but get my point).. How wonderful it would be to be a part of something where pride in your religion was tantamount and people didn't diss your religion.... Say you're proud of anything as a white Catholic and you're a racist bigot....

It's demoralizing to be a member of a race and a country whose only acceptable attitude is shame and disgust for its past.. I, for one, am very proud of the history of America and its crusaders!

After all, America today isn't recognizable as the America that its founders intended-strong people rooted in theology and Christian principles guiding their decisions and guided by the Constitution.. Hell, you can't even have a nativity scene in many public places now without protest..
The Liberalism and political correctness cancers have made America something no longer worth fighting for.. I did 8 years active duty and killed people for this country in Desert Storm.... Would I do it again today? Not on your life... This isn't the America that I fought for.

This decision just solidifies my feelings.

CorwinK
06-14-2009, 09:36 PM
im active duty...and I re-enlisted in March of 08. Provided the country doesn't start shooting at itself in the next decade (which im fully predicting by the way) then i will do 20 years minimum active duty. I don't do this for politicians or for personal agenda. I do this for 2 reasons.

1: I am one of those few people left (apparently) in this country that believes the constitution is the way the country should be run. I swore an oath to support and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic (as any of you veterans out there have) and I will continue to do so, even if that means that i have to do something that if i put in here directly id probably have a stern talking to with the fed in the next week.

2: I do this because if I don't stand in this gap who will? somebody has to do this job and keep the people...including the ignorant masses...safe from the rest of the people out there that want nothing better to do then cause death and destruction at home. To quote PoliCon's signature, stand for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

This country is, and will continue to be, worth fighting for...future generations will be glad you stood in the gap.

stsinner
06-14-2009, 09:52 PM
im active duty...and I re-enlisted in March of 08. Provided the country doesn't start shooting at itself in the next decade (which im fully predicting by the way) then i will do 20 years minimum active duty. I don't do this for politicians or for personal agenda. I do this for 2 reasons.

1: I am one of those few people left (apparently) in this country that believes the constitution is the way the country should be run. I swore an oath to support and defend it against all enemies foreign and domestic (as any of you veterans out there have) and I will continue to do so, even if that means that i have to do something that if i put in here directly id probably have a stern talking to with the fed in the next week.

2: I do this because if I don't stand in this gap who will? somebody has to do this job and keep the people...including the ignorant masses...safe from the rest of the people out there that want nothing better to do then cause death and destruction at home. To quote PoliCon's signature, stand for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

This country is, and will continue to be, worth fighting for...future generations will be glad you stood in the gap.

Thank you for your service.