PDA

View Full Version : Woman arrested in fatal home invasion linked to 'Minuteman' group

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Pima County Sheriff’s detectives have arrested three people in connection with the home invasion and shooting in Arivaca last month that killed a father and his daughter, authorities said.

One of those arrested, Shawna Forde is the leader of Minutemen American Defense, a group out of Washington state that conducts operations along the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona.

Authorities also arrested Jason Eugene Bush, 34, and Albert Robert Gaxiola, 42, in connection with the shooting deaths of Raul Flores and his 9-year-old daughter Brisenia Flores, according to a sheriff’s department news release.

The three are charged with two counts of first degree murder, one count of fist degree burglary, and one count of aggravated assault.

Several men and a woman claiming to be police officers forced their way into the home in the middle of the night May 30, killing the pair. The girl’s mother was wounded, and investigators believe she returned fire.

Detectives believe the three suspects targeted the house with the intention of stealing money and drugs, the news release stated.

Woman arrested in fatal home invasion linked to 'Minuteman' group (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/hourlyupdate/296827.php)
I had also read that the little girl was killed on purpose, so she would not be a witness. Very disturbing.

PoliCon
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
You guys on the left are just adoring this. You get to promote the notion of Illegals as victims and those that opose their presence here as both racist and violent.

Shannon
06-14-2009, 01:32 PM
You guys on the left are just adoring this. You get to promote the notion of Illegals as victims and those that opose their presence here as both racist and violent.

Authorities also arrested Jason Eugene Bush

And a Bush was involved!:eek:

Teetop
06-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Published 6-12-09 and this is latest breaking news?

Reason: to comply with B/N format :rolleyes:

Bubba Dawg
06-14-2009, 01:36 PM
You guys on the left are just adoring this. You get to promote the notion of Illegals as victims and those that appose their presence here as both racist and violent.

True. In this case, the illegals are victims and the ones who broke into their home are almost certainly racist and are demonstrably violent and criminal, but for the Left, or anyone for that matter, to paint with too broad a brush and insinuate that anyone who opposes illegal immigration is of the same stripe is disingenuous.

That won't stop most of the Left from doing just that, but it is quite unfair.

Also, I wonder if the fact that there may have been illegal drugs and drug money present will be ignored. That supposition is certainly is not justification for the extreme action, but is interesting nonetheless.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 01:59 PM
AP article. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090613/ap_on_re_us/us_fatal_home_invasion)

Hubby who was murdered had a history of narcotics. Imagine that.:confused:

Needless to say, this isn't the larger "minutemen" group. :rolleyes:

Shannon
06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
AP article. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090613/ap_on_re_us/us_fatal_home_invasion)

And the wounded mom returned fire. Hmm. It just sounds like an entire group of losers to me.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 02:19 PM
And the wounded mom returned fire. Hmm. It just sounds like an entire group of losers to me.

A family of fine outstanding drug dealers, if you ask me.

That's why haznonutz posted this as a drive-by. :cool:

megimoo
06-14-2009, 02:24 PM
"to stealing money and drugs"

Sounds like these poor helpless people were into some serious drugs and these so called vigilantes were actually rip off artists. business as usual with the Mexican Mafia now in America !

FlaGator
06-14-2009, 02:25 PM
This is not breaking news. Please read the rules for breaking news. Because of this I'm treating the thread with all the respect it deserves and putting it where it belongs.

megimoo
06-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Needless to say, this isn't the larger "minutemen" group. :rolleyes:Sounds like logans papa's little ploy just fell apart !

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 06:44 PM
A family of fine outstanding drug dealers, if you ask me.

That's why haznonutz posted this as a drive-by. :cool:

You are unbelievable. The only comment I made on the story (before the OP was edited by bijou) was on the little girl that was killed.

The position I've taken in every thread about recent shooting tragedies is that it is wrong for the left to point fingers at the right and try to make unfair associations.

This woman, Forde, was apparently on the outs the the Minutemen. If that AZ paper is some liberal rag, I wouldn't know about it. You all spend more time on that DU than I do. I can't figure out how to navigate the stupid thing.

A little girl was killed so she couldn't be a witness. As a parent, I react to that. Sorry. I don't understand a person who could deliberately shoot a child. I still keep thinking it had to have been an accident that the girl was shot.

BTW Teetop--you don't know a Goddamned thing about me.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
You are unbelievable. The only comment I made on the story (before the OP was edited by bijou) was on the little girl that was killed.

The position I've taken in every thread about recent shooting tragedies is that it is wrong for the left to point fingers at the right and try to make unfair associations.

This woman, Forde, was apparently on the outs the the Minutemen. If that AZ paper is some liberal rag, I wouldn't know about it. You all spend more time on that DU than I do. I can't figure out how to navigate the stupid thing.

A little girl was killed so she couldn't be a witness. As a parent, I react to that. Sorry. I don't understand a person who could deliberately shoot a child. I still keep thinking it had to have been an accident that the girl was shot.

BTW Teetop--you don't know a Goddamned thing about me.

I agree, haznonutz, a little girl did die! Thanks to her two parents, who dealt drugs and got killed by some racist effer's who don't care about anything, but....

Let's talk about your posting this, as if it was the larger group of minutemen?

This is the far left tactics, take some group not related to another, but act like they are the same group. Just as you have done in this thread. That's why it's in stupid liberal tricks.

Next is, your "unfair associations"...... :rolleyes:

Isn't that what I just called you on?

Blah, blah, effin blah....

I know enough about you....

Shannon
06-14-2009, 07:35 PM
I agree, haznonutz, a little girl did die! Thanks to her two parents, who dealt drugs and got killed by some racist effer's who don't care about anything, but....

This is the far left tactics, take some group not related to another, but act like they are the same group. Just as you have done in this thread. That's why it's in stupid liberal tricks.

Does the article even mention race as a factor for their motives? I didn't click on the link. Druggies/dealers don't normally care what color someone happens to be.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Does the article even mention race as a factor for their motives? I didn't click on the link. Druggies/dealers don't normally care what color someone happens to be.

I honestly don't think race had much to do with it, maybe some. They did "hate" hispanics, but money seemed to be the overriding factor. The woman arrested had a Ford GT-40, a $150,000+ car.

They had a website that spewed hatred, but haznonutz just wants to nuance/lie about what minuteman group it actually was.

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:20 PM

I followed the BN rules, copied the article title exactly as it was -- I didn't pull a megimo and change the title, or some of these other jokers.

My OP was edited. The only comment I made was about the girl. Besides your point doesn't jive with my position in other threads on shootings.

Your also 'liberal' accusation doesn't jive with my views on immigration.

You don't Jack about me.

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:24 PM
They had a website that spewed hatred, but haznonutz just wants to nuance/lie about what minuteman group it actually was.

You want to prove that with anything I've said in this thread or any other shooting thread?

Or just apologize.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
I followed the BN rules, copied the article title exactly as it was -- I didn't pull a megimo and change the title, or some of these other jokers.

My OP was edited. The only comment I made was about the girl. Besides your point doesn't jive with my position in other threads on shootings.

Your also 'liberal' accusation doesn't jive with my views on immigration.

You don't Jack about me.

You followed the rules? What about a two day old article, DUmmie?

And I commented on the girl begin shot because of her drug dealing parents.

Just beacuse we might differ, or agree on a subject, doesn't mean I can't smell a moonbat.

WTF does, "You don't Jack about me" mean? :confused:

Like I said, I know enough...

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Published 6-12-09 and this is latest breaking news?

:rolleyes:

According to the google search I made after hearing it on the news this morning, this article had been updated 12 hours ago. It doesn't say that on the article, so if that's the only rule broken, why not move it to general discussion?

Flagator?

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:32 PM
You want to prove that with anything I've said in this thread or any other shooting thread?

Or just apologize.

You posted the story, as if it was the larger minute men group, not me. :D

I made the distinction between the two, you didn't.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM
According to the google search I made after hearing it on the news this morning, this article had been updated 12 hours ago. It doesn't say that on the article, so if that's the only rule broken, why not move it to general discussion?

Flagator?

Call this one a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmblul ance.

You got caught in your deception and now whining about it. Too bad.

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
You followed the rules? What about a two day old article, DUmmie?

And I commented on the girl begin shot because of her drug dealing parents.

Just beacuse we might differ, or agree on a subject, doesn't mean I can't smell a moonbat.

WTF does, "You don't Jack about me" mean? :confused:

Like I said, I know enough...

B.S>

Prove it with something I said about this story or any other recent shooting thread.

or STFU.

Most folks on this board are able to say, 'oops, my bad.' What's your deal? I've never had any discussions with you and you think you know me? You seem smarter than that.

My reaction or interest in this story had nothing to do with Minutemen, right or left. I would have put it in Political News if that were the case. My reaction was to the tragedy of the little girl losing her life.

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Call this one a Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmblul ance.

You got caught in your deception and now whining about it. Too bad.

You're talking out of your ass now.

Deception? LOL!

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:42 PM

Show me how I did that.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:42 PM
B.S>

Prove it with something I said about this story or any other recent shooting thread.

or STFU.

Most folks on this board are able to say, 'oops, my bad.' What's your deal? I've never had any discussions with you and you think you know me? You seem smarter than that.

My reaction or interest in this story had nothing to do with Minutemen, right or left. I would have put it in Political News if that were the case. My reaction was to the tragedy of the little girl losing her life.

I agree, the main tragedy of this story is the 9 year old losing her life, thanks to her drug dealing parents.
Can you say that as well? Those who killed her will get their just due. The parents put that little girl in that situation to be robbed and/or killed. No one else....

Teetop
06-14-2009, 08:44 PM
Show me how I did that.

Show me how you didn't?

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 08:48 PM

Again, show me how I did that.

I heard the story on the news. Googled it. The one at the top of list was the AZ paper listed as 12 hrs ago.

I copied the title exactly as it was.

bijou edited the format taking the quotes out and moving the link to the bottom. My bad.

But then Flagator moved it. If it was because it happened more than 24 hrs ago, fine. But show me the liberal angle/spin on this story that I presented.

BTW--Flagato, anytime you're ready to be fair and do what's right, please do.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Again, show me how I did that.

I heard the story on the news. Googled it. The one at the top of list was the AZ paper listed as 12 hrs ago.

I copied the title exactly as it was.

bijou edited the format taking the quotes out and moving the link to the bottom. My bad.

But then Flagator moved it. If it was because it happened more than 24 hrs ago, fine. But show me the liberal angle/spin on this story that I presented.

BTW--Flagato, anytime you're ready to be fair and do what's right, please do.

Take it up with the gato....

(Gato means cat in Mexican.)

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 09:05 PM
I agree, the main tragedy of this story is the 9 year old losing her life, thanks to her drug dealing parents.
Can you say that as well? Those who killed her will get their just due. The parents put that little girl in that situation to be robbed and/or killed. No one else....

The drug-dealing irresponsible parents put her in harms way. They did the worst thing parents can do, they failed to protect their child. But the trigger was pulled by one of the three criminals who broke into the home. I don't understand any of the adults who were in that home. Least of all, the adult who pointed a gun at a child and pulled the trigger. Like I said, I still hope that turns our not to be true.

Re: The Minutemen. I agree with their politics and views on illegal immigration. But my understanding is that their methods vary from group to group. It's also my understand is that this Forde woman was not part of the main group any more. In fact the SD Minutemen group had her on a list of people not to deal with.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Two of the three people arrested in connection with the May 30 murders of an Arivaca man and his daughter headed up a splinter Minuteman group, and were looking for drugs and money to fund their efforts to keep illegal immigrants and drug runners out of the country, sheriff’s officials said.
(http://sahuaritasun.com/articles/2009/06/12/breaking_news/00arivaca.txt)

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Two of the three people arrested in connection with the May 30 murders of an Arivaca man and his daughter headed up a splinter Minuteman group, and were looking for drugs and money to fund their efforts to keep illegal immigrants and drug runners out of the country, sheriff’s officials said.
(http://sahuaritasun.com/articles/2009/06/12/breaking_news/00arivaca.txt)

That's the same article I posted. What's your point.

I agree with notion of keeping illegal immigrants and drug dealers out of the country--I think the hiring of undocumented workers should be a crime that is taken much more seriously. 5-10 years per worker. Enforce that with some strict sentencing rules.

But obviously I don't support the breaking into a home at gunpoint--drug dealers or not. Call the Police, turn over any evidence you have, Call DCS for Christ's sakes!! Do whatever you can to get that child out of the house. But robbing the drug dealers--not a good way to raise money.

FlaGator
06-14-2009, 09:50 PM

Flagator?

Planes flying in to building in the last few hours, Assassinations that just occurred, terrorist attacks, major legislation passing in congress just a few minutes ago, recent large earthquakes or natural disasters. That type of stuff is Breaking News. Run of the mill killings by drug addicts that happened a couple of days ago is not breaking news. Now if a crack head car jacks Obama and its' not already all over FOX or CNN then that is breaking news.

When stuff is posted in breaking news it appears on the CU's home page (www.conservativeunderground.com) and it's the first thing new people to the site see when visiting. Please consider that when you (and by you I mean everybody not just Hazlnut) post stuff in breaking news.

Teetop
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
That's the same article I posted. What's your point.

I agree with notion of keeping illegal immigrants and drug dealers out of the country--I think the hiring of undocumented workers should be a crime that is taken much more seriously. 5-10 years per worker. Enforce that with some strict sentencing rules.

But obviously I don't support the breaking into a home at gunpoint--drug dealers or not. Call the Police, turn over any evidence you have, Call DCS for Christ's sakes!! Do whatever you can to get that child out of the house. But robbing the drug dealers--not a good way to raise money.

I didn't post it in breaking news. :)

hazlnut
06-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I didn't post it in breaking news. :)

Yes, I get that.

What was your point in posting the link to the same article and putting that specific text in bold?

PoliCon
06-14-2009, 11:37 PM

Both facts will of course be ignored by the left.

Japandroid
06-15-2009, 07:37 AM
This is how CU reacts to news that doesn't jive very well. It's a good thing a worthless story like this isn't getting in the way of the Miss California thread... :/

FlaGator
06-15-2009, 07:42 AM
This is how CU reacts to news that doesn't jive very well. It's a good thing a worthless story like this isn't getting in the way of the Miss California thread... :/

Do you believe this is breaking news?

noonwitch
06-15-2009, 10:11 AM

The Minutemen are going to have to do some distancing, however, from these freaks. They may need to start screening their potential members a little better.

The couple may have been smuggling drugs into the country, but their 9 year old was an innocent.

Teetop
06-15-2009, 03:55 PM
The Minutemen are going to have to do some distancing, however, from these freaks. They may need to start screening their potential members a little better.

The couple may have been smuggling drugs into the country, but their 9 year old was an innocent.

Two different minutemen groups, dear. :)

hazlnut
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Two different minutemen groups, dear. :)

And is it even fair to call Forde's break off group 'Minutemen.' ? Her group was technically called MAD - Minutemen American Defense. The names are unfortunately very similar and will be wrongly used to associate all Minutemen type groups with her.

Update on the story:

According to Prima County Sheriff, although they're calling Forde the ringleader, it was Jason Eugene Bush who shot the father and the girl. Bush was then shot when the wife found a gun and shot back. He was arrested at a nearby hospital while being treated for gunshot wounds.

Everett woman held in Arizona slayings had been ousted from Minuteman group (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009338951_forde15.html)

Again, my interest in this story has to do with one person:

http://vivirlatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/60arivacainvasionjpeg.jpg

I agree with most of this (http://vivirlatino.com/2009/06/15/brisenia-flores-nuestra-hija.php).

Something that tends to happen when the media covers these types of horrors, is double victimization. In an effort to answer the question why, subtleties, like how immigration has been racialized and how Latinos, painted as immigrants, are criminalized and dehumanized, get swept under the rug. For example, it’s not enough that Raul Flores is remembered as a generous, good father. He also has to be linked to the drug trade as justification for the crime committed against him, that took him and his child away from this world. This sort of information does nothing to shed light on the disgusting act of hate, instead it creates the opportunity for people to say, well he sort of deserved it.

I would not say Raul Flores was a 'good' father--he put his family in harm's way getting involved with known drug traffickers.

That being said, I can not understand the deliberate killing of child. I don't see why the felony murder rule is not being applied here. Maybe it will be.

Teetop
06-15-2009, 08:40 PM
And is it even fair to call Forde's break off group 'Minutemen.' ? Her group was technically called MAD - Minutemen American Defense. The names are unfortunately very similar and will be wrongly used to associate all Minutemen type groups with her.

Update on the story:

According to Prima County Sheriff, although they're calling Forde the ringleader, it was Jason Eugene Bush who shot the father and the girl. Bush was then shot when the wife found a gun and shot back. He was arrested at a nearby hospital while being treated for gunshot wounds.

Everett woman held in Arizona slayings had been ousted from Minuteman group (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009338951_forde15.html)

Again, my interest in this story has to do with one person:

http://vivirlatino.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/60arivacainvasionjpeg.jpg

I agree with most of this (http://vivirlatino.com/2009/06/15/brisenia-flores-nuestra-hija.php).

I would not say Raul Flores was a 'good' father--he put his family in harm's way getting involved with known drug traffickers.

That being said, I can not understand the deliberate killing of child. I don't see why the felony murder rule is not being applied here. Maybe it will be.

1st degree.

AlmostThere
06-16-2009, 12:16 AM

This woman was a leader for a few months in 2005 but was dismissed because of leadership issues. Having a member being briefly affiliated with an organization several years earlier and then committing a current crime doesn't sound like poor member screening.

thinker
06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Just a thought, this is more relevant breaking news than Carrie Prejean :rolleyes: . That said, it's unfair of the media to automatically link the minutemen with this (but then again, it's the news media at large, they couldn't figure out a fair association with a group they disagree with if it bit them in the ass).

FlaGator
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Just a thought, this is more relevant breaking news than Carrie Prejean :rolleyes: . That said, it's unfair of the media to automatically link the minutemen with this (but then again, it's the news media at large, they couldn't figure out a fair association with a group they disagree with if it bit them in the ass).

The Prejean post was questionable, but it didn't actually violate any of the breaking news rules at the time so I left it. It was breaking, there is national interest in the story and it's not something that is common.