PDA

View Full Version : "Obama's Gitmo Grads Open Chinese Restaurant in Millionaires' Paradise !"

megimoo
06-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Guantánamo Uighurs hope to open restaurant in millionaires’ paradise

Guantánamo Uighurs hope to open restaurant in millionaires’ paradise James Bone in Hamilton Parish, Bermuda For seven long years in Guantánamo Bay prison camp in Cuba, the four Central Asian friends gazed longingly at the azure sea from their cells. They were never allowed through the razor wire to paddle in the water. Now, suddenly set free in Bermuda, the former terror suspects can watch the ocean at leisure from the pastel-pink clifftop holiday cottage where they are staying at US taxpayers’ expense. They have already taken a sunset swim and caught a fish at their first attempt at fishing.... snip

The four former Guantánamo inmates — members of China’s Muslim Turkic-speaking Uighur minority — are dreaming of opening the first Uighur restaurant, serving noodles and lamb in the millionaires’ playground. “Uighur food is delicious. These kind and generous people of Bermuda, we want to do something for them. Of course, we want to have a Uighur restaurant,” Mr Abdulqadir said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6499129.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

AHeneen
06-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I'm still confused as to why we didn't hand them back to China. Who cares what the Chinese do to them, at least we wouldn't be at fault!

stsinner
06-15-2009, 09:15 AM
We didn't hand them back to China because that would be in the best interest of America and wouldn't cost the American taxpayer money.. Watch Obama-everything he does 1. Isn't in our best interest to do, and 2. Costs us dearly.

It's as if his entire administration he's been playing Opposite Day with the Constitution.

AlmostThere
06-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I heard Jane Harman interviewed on MSNBC a few minutes ago. As pictures of the 4 Uighurs were displayed on the screen, eating ice cream, swimming, having a good time just chillin, the reporter asked Harman if she is bothered that these men are living in paradise at U.S. taxpayer expense. Harman said she wasn't since they'd been kept at Gitmo and we didn't have proof they were bad guys. I almost damaged a perfectly good television.

megimoo
06-15-2009, 07:16 PM
I heard Jane Harman interviewed on MSNBC a few minutes ago. As pictures of the 4 Uighurs were displayed on the screen, eating ice cream, swimming, having a good time just chillin, the reporter asked Harman if she is bothered that these men are living in paradise at U.S. taxpayer expense. Harman said she wasn't since they'd been kept at Gitmo and we didn't have proof they were bad guys. I almost damaged a perfectly good television.JUst another liberal swine swilling the party koolAid .

megimoo
06-15-2009, 07:35 PM
What are some of the most disgusting foods that you have ever experienced ?

Most disgusting food you've ever eaten?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CharlieH06-01-2009, 3:22 AM
An oyster. I didn't throw it back up, but my dad did.

Acciaccatura06-01-2009, 3:58 AM
Deep fried crickets and worms while in Asia. That was as adventurous as I got, but my boyfriend also ate deep fried baby birds (beak and all) and cockroaches.

timbot06-01-2009, 4:03 AM
Silk worm larvae. Also dog. But the dog didn't taste bad, just a lot of people think it's a gross thing to eat.
I've probably eaten other more common and disgusting foods, but I can't think of them now.

Tweek06-01-2009, 4:36 AM
An oyster. I didn't throw it back up, but my dad did.
Oysters are great!

DoctorButt06-01-2009, 4:44 AM
I ate a rancid meatpie once,ruined my day.

CharlieH06-01-2009, 4:50 AM
Oysters are great!

Are you joking? The one had had grit in it and it was slimey and tasted like the sea. I suppose they are mean't to be good things though?

BlackHood06-01-2009, 4:56 AM
Oysters are great with Tabasco. Only chew once, chewing seven times is for dickheads.

Seattle_Steven06-01-2009, 5:14 AM
Once I had an oyster that was in a glass of vodka. I'm not sure why it was in a glass of vodka but yeah it was disgusting.

P0K3M0N_MA5T3R06-01-2009, 5:14 AM
Oysters are great with Tabasco. Only chew once, chewing seven times is for dickheads.
You're not supposed to chew oysters. I've just got this image of you now, sitting at home chewing your oysters then munching on some soup before taking a bite out of a yogurt.

I've never eaten disgusting sounding foods (you know like deep-fried squid womb and that sort of thing that just sounds nasty) partly because I'm unadventurous, partly because I don't want to vomit for the next week.

However my mom once made a lasagne and instead of white sauce, she used Crème fraîche, which is basically the sort of shit you put with strawberries, or other sweet things, and it tastes like a babies ass then, so with meat you can imagine how disgusting it is. It was like somebody was raping my tongue, you have the taste of the tomato sauce and the meat, then you get this horrible sharp bitter taste, every time I think about that it makes me feel sick.

TiredOne06-01-2009, 5:36 AM

I personally like oysters with soy sauce. And didn't we have a similar thread a while ago?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler_Legrand06-01-2009, 8:33 AM
All I ever ate was pigeons and squid and maybe octopus I dunno

Arthenon06-01-2009, 8:50 AM
The worst was probably raw squid, I still don't know why I ate it. Takes forever to get down, it has a tendency to get stuck as it goes down. Didn't get sick, which I'm still trying to figure out how.

Astronaut06-01-2009, 8:56 AM
We had this blindfolded ice cream eating contest in middle school where you were blindfolded and you had to reach out and put whatever you grabbed into your tub of ice cream, and you had to grab 3 items. I grabbed baby food, ketchup, and chocolate syrup. My partner poured it into my icecream, and though it was a lil strange and repulsive I came out on top.

lostos06-01-2009, 9:06 AM
Octopuses, squids, oysters etc. are most disgusting, I can't stand them. I dislike lobsters, shrimps, crabs too. I always wondered how everyone but me likes these things.
Eyeballs, however, top all of them in terms of disgust. Lamb eyeballs that is. And brains. Tongue too.

koots06-01-2009, 9:30 AM
Cow stomach and a live cricket. I love raw oysters, it's been ages since I had one.

Cyan06-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Wait, do people eat crickets alive?

P0K3M0N_MA5T3R06-01-2009, 10:47 AM
You people all live in third world countries.

I_Smell06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Wait, do people eat crickets alive?

Well it'd be pretty hard to eat anything if you were dead.

KaOzWomBaT06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
I Laughed at that i smell.. i think that was the first joke that ive laughed at on this forum xD.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Id say that it was some ghastly chili i ate once for a dare, not only did it taste rough as anything it also burnt my mouth for a good hour afterwards.

Oofie06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Marzipan is fucking rank.

WiseOldTabbyCat06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Not really eaten anything weird. I find cold glass noodles indigestible. The texture, the flavour. I was up half the night desperately trying to keep them down with hot water.

Most people detest both octopus and squid, but I've eaten themnumerous times and find both to be absolutely delicious.

NyckXD06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Grilled shrimp is by far the most disgusting thing I'm ever eaten. I've eaten beer and cereal and enjoyed it 10 times as much as grilled shrimp.

I just can't handle the texture of it. The way the outter casing of the shrimp cracks, snaps, and crunches is just not to my liking.

Oofie06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
You know you're not supposed to eat the shell

NyckXD06-01-2009, 1:00 PM
Whatever the outter most layer of the skin is called then that's what I meant.

BlackHood06-01-2009, 1:27 PM
In South Africa they eat them whole, which I can't stand. Shrimp are great when its just the flesh.

Savaril06-01-2009, 1:43 PM
I ate my parents.

lemonee06-01-2009, 2:28 PM
Cow stomach in Argentina. It's like eating a chewy towel, but they all think it's great.

PS - I'm back! I think my last login was like......... September 2007. Maybe October. Either way....

stuart2376506-01-2009, 11:12 PM
well, i ate a raw onion for a bet, and it was about the size of a grapefruit.

never have i puked so much in my life... won the bet tho haha

USER WAS PUT IN TIMEOUT FOR THIS POST. (http://forums.explosm.net/eventlog.php)
Reason: Capitalize, and "tho" is not a word...."Tough site .timeout for miss spell ?"

adriskrayzee06-02-2009, 5:11 AM
Humus, I regret that day so much.

tnethacker06-02-2009, 7:50 AM
I can just eat almost anything so i cant contribute much to this thread ... :(

USER WAS PUT IN TIMEOUT FOR THIS POST. (http://forums.explosm.net/eventlog.php)
Reason: Don't post if you can't contribute ............."Man Oh Man What a tough Crew of Mods !"

koots06-02-2009, 4:47 PM
Cricket, sauerkraut, beets, blended into very nasty chunks, then drank. Nasty school fear factor.

DoctorButt06-02-2009, 5:07 PM
Humus, I regret that day so much.
Humus isn't really that bad. Maybe you meant haggis?

CoreyBear06-02-2009, 5:45 PM
The most disgusting food I ate was Octopus.
It was so nasty, I don't know how people can eat it regualry

http://forums.explosm.net/archive/index.php/t-49866.html