PDA

View Full Version : 'Think Twice About Retiring To Florida'

megimoo
06-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Global Warmist Champion: 'Think Twice About Retiring To Florida'

If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.

Um, Mr. Champion, it's the head of the Florida Chamber of Commerce on the line for you, and he, uh, doesn't sound too happy. Sam Champion: Tell him to go soak his head.

That apocryphal bit of dialogue might not be too far off the mark. On today's GMA Champion warned Americans that "if you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice."

The ABC meteorologist made his dire suggestion in the course of announcing the Obama administration's issuance of a report on the impact of climate change on the United States, which seems to cast matters in worst-case terms.

SAM CHAMPION: If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.

Three to five feet? Even the IPCC, Al Gore's Nobel-winning sidekicks, predicted only a 9-16 inch rise in world sea levels by the end of the 21st century.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2009/06/17/global-warmist-champion-think-twice-about-retiring-florida

stsinner
06-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Funny, as I look out at the thermometer on the column of my porch at the 55 degree temperature in the middle of June, I'm kinda doubting this whole global warming nonsense.

linda22003
06-17-2009, 11:29 AM
There are so many other reasons I have no intention of retiring to Florida, that would have to be added somewhere far down the list.

Rebel Yell
06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
[SIZE="3"]
If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.

Most people who retire to Florida will be dead by late this century.;)

I never thought once about retiring to FL. I have to drive amongst enough of them on I-75 here. I hate driving in FL. THE LEFT LANE IS NOT FOR YOUR SLOW ASSES!!!!!!!

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 12:30 PM
IMAGINE how much nicer this country would be if EVERYONE retired to florida . . . . I think we should pass a law requiring people to retire to florida :D

Shannon
06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
IMAGINE how much nicer this country would be if EVERYONE retired to florida . . . . I think we should pass a law requiring people to retire to florida :D

Shut up!:mad: It's bad enough as it is. Sheesh.

Shannon
06-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Most people who retire to Florida will be dead by late this century.;)

I never thought once about retiring to FL. I have to drive amongst enough of them on I-75 here. I hate driving in FL. THE LEFT LANE IS NOT FOR YOUR SLOW ASSES!!!!!!!

Those aren't Floridians. They're Yankees.:mad:

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Shut up!:mad: It's bad enough as it is. Sheesh. NOT TRUE! I could be much MUCH worse! JUST IMAGINE how much better traffic would be in the rest of the country if we could get all of the sunday drivers confined to florida!

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Those aren't Floridians. They're Yankees.:mad:

Not all of em! My Dad lives outside of Tampa and he's as much a Yankee a Gen. Robert E. Lee.

stsinner
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Ive known several people that moved to Florida thinking it was such a wondereful place, and all 5 of them have returned trying to get their old jobs back or living with family..