PDA

View Full Version : As Furor Over Palin Joke Rages, Letterman Rises in the Ratings

PoliCon
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/06/16/as-furor-over-palin-joke-rages-letterman-rises-in-the-ratings/?ref=television

What did I tell you? Damn jackasses! those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!! :mad: Did people learn NOTHING from Tipper Gore's fiasco with that dumbass show Married with children??? Calls for boycotts and attacks like have been being heaped on that dumbass letterman ALWAYS backfire!!:mad::mad:

linda22003
06-18-2009, 08:28 AM
Once again, being in bed by 10 pm has a lot going for it. I recommend it to others here.

noonwitch
06-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Tipper Gore's thing was rock music.

The Married With Children thing was started by a woman from a wealthy Detroit suburb who obviously couldn't figure out how to work her remote control. She looked kinda like Tipper, though, and I forgot her name.

Speedy
06-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Letterman was tanking big time in the polls and Palin made his numbers go up without even being on his show. Can't believe how "unpopular" this woman is.

megimoo
06-18-2009, 12:02 PM
Pop Quiz Poll: Should CBS Fire David Letterman For Palin Daughter Sex Joke?
"So Far Forty Six percent say yes he should be fired .However since his production company owns the show and that isn't possible.

Fire David Letterman,Up Next:
This Saturday, Texas Will Hold Its Own Fire David Letterman Rally
KBTX TV, CBS Affiliate
4141 E. 29th St.
Bryan, Texas
Tuesday's FIRE DAVID LETTERMAN RALLY
52,000 Have Signed Letter to CBS to Fire Him

Our Mission Statement:
David Letterman Must Be Held Accountable For His Disgraceful Statements

Letterman's 2nd Apology Monday Night:
Palin Accepts Apology
But Imus Apology Was Accepted, too, and CBS Fired Him

"If Palin were black Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over him !"

"I'm glad he's acknowledged we're right. I think it's a good first step in the right direction,
but I don't think it's enough."

John Ziegler
www.FireDavidLetterman.com

62 Year Old Letterman Violates Common Decency
With Sexist Insults of 14 Year Old Girl

http://firedavidletterman.com/

AlmostThere
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Hannity interviewed Sharpton the other night and Sharpton didn't seem that upset about Letterman and said Imus' faux pas was worse than Letterman's. I'm afraid I had to change the channel at that point so I didn't hear his "rationale". You can absorb just so much crap in a 24 hour period.

megimoo
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Hannity interviewed Sharpton the other night and Sharpton didn't seem that upset about Letterman and said Imus' faux pas was worse than Letterman's. I'm afraid I had to change the channel at that point so I didn't hear his "rationale". You can absorb just so much crap in a 24 hour period.With Jackson and Sharpton it's all about the Money !They put the squeeze on CBS and they caved in for several million. If they lose Letterman,as bad as he is, there goes the their network !They need to keep after Letterman and haunt him .He will lash out eventually as his ego must be enormous .I wonder if he fired the writer that wrote the Paulin skit ?

lacarnut
06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Once again, being in bed by 10 pm has a lot going for it. I recommend it to others here.

Most old people go to bed early and the reference to old for some has nothing to do with age.

linda22003
06-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Most old people go to bed early and the reference to old for some has nothing to do with age.

Old people also know when to use "to" and "too"; I see that's dying out. :p

noonwitch
06-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Hannity interviewed Sharpton the other night and Sharpton didn't seem that upset about Letterman and said Imus' faux pas was worse than Letterman's. I'm afraid I had to change the channel at that point so I didn't hear his "rationale". You can absorb just so much crap in a 24 hour period.

I saw part of that-Sharpton was saying that Letterman's insults were directed to two specific people, and Imus' were directed toward a group, so he felt that it was on Palin to respond to Letterman's remarks, but it was for him to respond to Imus'. It was a roundabout way of saying that "I'm a civil rights activisit, so a racial comment is something I'm going to respond to".

hazlnut
06-18-2009, 03:17 PM

Sharpton had a few words for Letterman. Sharpton tried to make a distinction between attack a person (Letterman) and attacking an entire race (Imus). It was a valid point.

PoliCon
06-18-2009, 07:58 PM
always excusing the left there hazlnut - when you gonna let giger unlock that thunderdome thread?? HUM??

Lars1701a
06-18-2009, 08:01 PM
always excusing the left there hazlnut - when you gonna let giger unlock that thunderdome thread?? HUM??

Hazlnutsack is a coward so I doubt it.

Shannon
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I still think this is blown out of proportion. Letterman is an idiot. I don't believe that he was in any way referring to the younger daughter though. The joke was stupid but all this attention he's getting because of it is even more ridiculous.

PoliCon
06-18-2009, 10:58 PM
I still think this is blown out of proportion. Letterman is an idiot. I don't believe that he was in any way referring to the younger daughter though. The joke was stupid but all this attention he's getting because of it is even more ridiculous.
agreed.

SecretOperative
06-18-2009, 11:33 PM

A joke about the rape of any daughter of any age isn't the slightest bit funny and
frankly digusts me. Hearing the liberal left media try and defend Letterman only makes
it worse. I'd be happy to see Letterman fired.

Shannon
06-18-2009, 11:37 PM
A joke about the rape of any daughter of any age isn't the slightest bit funny and
frankly digusts me. Hearing the liberal left media try and defend Letterman only makes
it worse. I'd be happy to see Letterman fired.

Please tell me when it was referred to as a rape. I'm serious.

PoliCon
06-18-2009, 11:39 PM

I have to agree. Rape is an assumption - a leap even.

SecretOperative
06-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I have to agree. Rape is an assumption - a leap even.

It's also an assumption that he meant the daughter that wasn't with Palin at the game.
I guess you can say he was trying to say that his "slutty sarah" comment implies
a "slutty daughter" which would make it all ok? I think not.

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 02:11 AM
It's also an assumption that he meant the daughter that wasn't with Palin at the game.
I guess you can say he was trying to say that his "slutty sarah" comment implies
a "slutty daughter" which would make it all ok? I think not.

actually - the comment he made about Sarah was made at a different time than the one about her daughter - and I believe his comments about Sarah came after the one about the daughter. EITHER WAY - all this attention is only building the man up. The left LOVE anyone who can upset people on the right - and people are playing right into it. :rolleyes:

AlmostThere
06-19-2009, 02:23 AM

A 34 year old man knocking up a 14 year old girl is rape no matter what. The word rape may not have been used, but the act is rape nonetheless.

Sonnabend
06-19-2009, 05:02 AM
A 34 year old man knocking up a 14 year old girl = statutory rape.

SecretOperative
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
actually - the comment he made about Sarah was made at a different time than the one about her daughter

OK. The comments were made regarding the Palin's trip to NY, I believe it was on a Monday and Tuesday, so yes, different times.... you win. lol

In the long run, this hurts Letterman.

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 05:39 PM
OK. The comments were made regarding the Palin's trip to NY, I believe it was on a Monday and Tuesday, so yes, different times.... you win. lol

In the long run, this hurts Letterman.
Only if people stop fixating on it. The longer people fixate on it - the higher he'll climb in the esteem of the left.

alaskamomma
06-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Letterman is an ugly, bitter, old liberal, who now can't think for himself, he a sheep who now goosestepps to his party, he just parrots the liberal talking points..these people have become absolutely vicious towards Sharh Palin and her family... what ever happened to leaving a politicians children out of politics.

so what if his ratings went up for a couple of days..we need to start speaking out against these nasty attacks...taking the high road has only emboldened the nasty ass liberals...

SecretOperative
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Letterman is an ugly, bitter, old liberal, who now can't think for himself, he a sheep who now goosestepps to his party, he just parrots the liberal talking points..these people have become absolutely vicious towards Sarah Palin and her family... what ever happened to leaving a politicians children out of politics.

so what if his ratings went up for a couple of days..we need to start speaking out against these nasty attacks...taking the high road has only emboldened the nasty ass liberals...

Exactly. Right on! Amen sister!

PoliCon
06-19-2009, 11:55 PM
right because these boycotts and indignation campaigns have been so successful in the past right? I mean it got Married with Children off the air right?

SecretOperative
06-20-2009, 01:42 AM
right because these boycotts and indignation campaigns have been so successful in the past right?

Just because it hasn't worked in the past doesn't mean it won't work in this situation.
If nothing else, it might make other left wing wack jobs think twice before they spew
their bias rants.

Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.
-Brian Tracy

PoliCon
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Just because it hasn't worked in the past doesn't mean it won't work in this situation.
If nothing else, it might make other left wing wack jobs think twice before they spew
their bias rants.

Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.
-Brian Tracy

oh it MIGHT work this time. Then too - Gator MIGHT stop being a racist and HAZLNUT might stop pretending to be conservative - and shannon MIGHT start being nice . . . . . Barry MIGHT resign from the office of president . . . . Possible and probable are two different things. I say play the odds. How many examples from the past can you point to where these kinds of tactics have worked?

lacarnut
06-20-2009, 11:22 AM
oh it MIGHT work this time. Then too - Gator MIGHT stop being a racist and HAZLNUT might stop pretending to be conservative - and shannon MIGHT start being nice . . . . . Barry MIGHT resign from the office of president . . . . Possible and probable are two different things. I say play the odds. How many examples from the past can you point to where these kinds of tactics have worked?

All of the attacks on Prez Bush was sure as hell effective because he DID NOT FIRE BACK????? Look what happens when Cheney or Rush take a shot a the Magic Negro. They fire back the next day rather than the passive approach. Being a wimp will get your ass kicked every-time. I could care less if an aging unfunny asshole like Letterman rating go up a few % points. Conservatives need to start fighting back.

PoliCon
06-20-2009, 12:09 PM
All of the attacks on Prez Bush was sure as hell effective because he DID NOT FIRE BACK????? Look what happens when Cheney or Rush take a shot a the Magic Negro. They fire back the next day rather than the passive approach. Being a wimp will get your ass kicked every-time. I could care less if an aging unfunny asshole like Letterman rating go up a few % points. Conservatives need to start fighting back.

They were effective because the press were complicate in their perpetration. EVEN SO - when has a TV boycott ever worked? Do you think for a second that if Bush had raged against Letterman it would have ended the show? no. It would have boosted the ratings like this effort is doing. Fight the arguments not the arguer.

hazlnut
06-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Letterman is an ugly, bitter, old liberal, who now can't think for himself, he a sheep who now goosestepps to his party, he just parrots the liberal talking points..

Ugly, old, bitter sheep ... Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9h--sLWj2Y
:rolleyes:

SecretOperative
06-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Do you think for a second that if Bush had raged against Letterman it would have ended the show? no.

Reminds me of the question:
What is the price of Tea in China and what effect does that in turn have on David Letterman's ratings?

lacarnut
06-20-2009, 08:15 PM
They were effective because the press were complicate in their perpetration. EVEN SO - when has a TV boycott ever worked? Do you think for a second that if Bush had raged against Letterman it would have ended the show? no. It would have boosted the ratings like this effort is doing. Fight the arguments not the arguer.

I could care squat about Letterman's rating/boycott. What I care about is the BIG Picture which is conservatives getting off their ass and firing back at left wing assholes like Letterman and the Press. Like I said; being a wimp/passive will get your ass kicked everytime.

Palin scored points with women (even NOW supported her) and conservative values. She would have had to pay millions to get this kind of FAVORABLE coverage. In the end, she is the winner and even the most liberal nutcases agrees that Dave's statement was stupid and unfair. In a week or two, this unfunny so called comic rating will be back in the tank while Palin's favorability ratings will probably go up. A win, win for conservatives, and it did put the liberal media back on its heels somewhat.